#1 Posted by Sinisteri (632 posts) - - Show Bio

Selene is a great villainess with a clear motive. She seeks power, god hood, revels in corruption, desires heirs, and craves immortality without dependency on a vampiric ability to achieve it.

Best stories-- her desire to subjugate Magma & Rachel and her contest for the Upstarts.

In stories with her over the last decade or so, writers seem to not use her psychokinetic abilities to animate inanimate matter. Or her full sorcerous prowess.

Her deathlike power is a counterbalance to Storm's more lifelike powers-- yet no direct conflicts. And her and Rogue share slightly similar life energy absorption powers, yet only one direct fight which showed Rogue vulnerable.

Love to see her return and be established as an arch rival to Storm or Rogue. Think it could make great stories.

#2 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2201 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks i think

#3 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7678 posts) - - Show Bio

Omfg. She should be an upcoming villain for X-MEN. Goddess against "Goddess". Plus, Rachel's their too.

#4 Posted by akbogert (3285 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering how dreadfully anticlimactic her last major appearance was (and how said appearance concluded) I sincerely doubt we'll be seeing her again any time soon. But I'd agree that she was a cool villain, and I wouldn't mind seeing her written in a story that doesn't end with a whimper (despite the bang).

#5 Posted by darthphoenix (1392 posts) - - Show Bio

i think rachel almost killed her before

#6 Posted by HAWK2916 (2374 posts) - - Show Bio

her and emplate should marry and try to find ultimate sources of power (i.e Phoenix Force-though im tired of it. Juggernaut mystical gem, Mkraan Crystal) the XMen could try to stop it. Could be interesting

#7 Posted by Sinisteri (632 posts) - - Show Bio

Mystic characters are hard to stay dead. I wouldn't count her out forever for a bad story. Not ever Magneto, Mystique, or Mr. Sinister is gold either.

#8 Posted by papad1992 (7015 posts) - - Show Bio

Necrosha was injustice to her character!

#9 Posted by Silver_Raven (390 posts) - - Show Bio

Queen Selene all the way. She is supposed to be the oldest known mutant with all kinds of dark powers but writers continuously overlook her and treat her like a second rate villain. Necrosha might have given the best spotlight since she became the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club, but X-Force took her out way to easy and has kept her in limbo for too long. I want to see her back to being the evil witch she is and with a new Inner Circle of faithful worshipers. She deserves to up there with Apocalypse, Sinister and Mystique as a top X-villain.

#10 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane said:

Omfg. She should be an upcoming villain for X-MEN. Goddess against "Goddess". Plus, Rachel's their too.

I think that would be awesome.

@darthphoenix said:

i think rachel almost killed her before

Rachel tried to kill her just before the Mutant Massacre, then Wolverine almost killed Rachel (arguably being telepathically motivated by her own guilt) and the X-men teamed up with the Hellfire club (to fight Nimrod). That's, understandably, I guess, when Rachel quit the team.

#11 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

Queen Selene all the way. She is supposed to be the oldest known mutant with all kinds of dark powers but writers continuously overlook her and treat her like a second rate villain. Necrosha might have given the best spotlight since she became the Black Queen of the Hellfire Club, but X-Force took her out way to easy and has kept her in limbo for too long. I want to see her back to being the evil witch she is and with a new Inner Circle of faithful worshipers. She deserves to up there with Apocalypse, Sinister and Mystique as a top X-villain.

that would be a cool Hellfire Club.

#12 Posted by Silver_Raven (390 posts) - - Show Bio

@silver_raven said:

that would be a cool Hellfire Club.

Or she could hook up with Exodus and gather new Externals. She could even resurrect characters with her necromancy powers.

#13 Edited by poisonfleur (3419 posts) - - Show Bio

Selene is BOSS! She should be as Big and Notorious as DOOM or MAGNETO!

And yes I think she would make a great rival for Rachel or Storm!

#14 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

@silver_raven: I could see her necromancy powers being a thing they might rather use sparingly. That seems like it could get out of hand real fast..

#15 Posted by Silver_Raven (390 posts) - - Show Bio

@silver_raven: I could see her necromancy powers being a thing they might rather use sparingly. That seems like it could get out of hand real fast..

Of course. I don't want another Necrosha, but if she could have a few undead servants loyal to her that would fun. Apocalyspe has his Horseman Sinister had his clones Marauders, so Selene should have her Revenants.