#1 Edited by adamTRMM (2731 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I've read SC event was meant to end more devastating, with much more deaths (Iceman and Rachel among them) and other twists (Havok, Rachel and Polaris returning home and survivors joining Remender's X-force as the result) that never happened in the end.

Anyway, I always thought SC should have been much more destructive than it was, I mean what was the point of Decimation if 97% of the characters survived this experience? I'm not even talking about the supposedly "editorial mandate" of cleansing the franchise out of the countless number of characters?

Basically, with a few dispositions, we have THE SAME characters running the show, just as they had pre-Decimation. I say FAIL.

#2 Posted by adamTRMM (2731 posts) - - Show Bio

The lack of answering makes me feel like I'm the (l)on(e)ly maniac :(

#3 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4894 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm:

cable died that was sad. poor hope and hope was angry at scott b/c she blamed him for his death but im glad iceman or rachel didnt die

#4 Edited by adamTRMM (2731 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture:

Well, he feels good these days actually. :]

I think we needed more dead characters, and I would be ready for sacrifices for the new (or just newer) ones to take the dominant places and roles, to make these chapters of Decimation to live what they were meant to in the end. Even Nightcrawler is out there now 0_o

#5 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4894 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@hopesummersforthefuture:

Well, he feels good these days actually. :]

I think we needed more dead characters, and I would be ready for sacrifices for the new (or just newer) ones to take the dominant places and roles, to make these chapters of Decimation to live what they were meant to in the end. Even Nightcrawler is out there now 0_o

someone mentioned that in axis scott might turn into a bad guy like hitler.....maybe since they got rid of xavier then wolverine and now scott.....;/ to make room for new characters

#6 Posted by Koays (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm not a fan of rampant killing off of characters even for the sake of changing focus points. And honestly I think the only thing that failed was the follow up to the story.

I mean the build up for second coming had both Rachel and Cuckoos supposedly having their Phoenix fragments "collected" and Emma getting a warning to "prepare" from Jean. And then with everything that happened, Hope still hadn't been explained by the end.

If anything I was thinking that the real devastation was coming when Hope and her lights joined with Phoenix. Sadly my "Dark Messiah" idea was to good to be true.

#7 Posted by HAWK2916 (2374 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: I would like to read that info. Where did you see this? By the way that scenario is pretty interesting. I'd hate for Iceman and Rachel to die though. I guess it wouldnt have been so bad. I hated how Nightcrawler died in this as well.

#8 Posted by adamTRMM (2731 posts) - - Show Bio

someone mentioned that in axis scott might turn into a bad guy like hitler.....maybe since they got rid of xavier then wolverine and now scott.....;/ to make room for new characters

They could've let Scott and his team do their own thing from the underground without that idiotic intersections with JGC, with a tone being darker, and other controversial acts. But Bendis desired to make Cyclops look like a victim, like a hero with just "one" flaw, and they are outlaws simply for the sake of it. I doubt this scenario will happen.

@koays said:

If anything I was thinking that the real devastation was coming when Hope and her lights joined with Phoenix. Sadly my "Dark Messiah" idea was to good to be true.

What was that?

@hawk2916 said:

I would like to read that info. Where did you see this? By the way that scenario is pretty interesting. I'd hate for Iceman and Rachel to die though. I guess it wouldnt have been so bad. I hated how Nightcrawler died in this as well.

It is a collected info from all over the forums and blogs, one statement per each and nothing official. I also wanted to ask if anyone could confirm these. But Remender's initial X-force lineup seems to be official, one of the variants from the first issue contains both Lorna and Alex.

Anyway, I thought that all out war with multiple loses would be a perfect culmination for such a dark age of mutants, and would turn Decimation into whatever it was meant to be. Then the schism would be based on Cyclops' inability to make sure for them all come out of this alive, this kind of Schism could be undoubtedly legit and natural.

#9 Posted by Koays (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: The idea was that in place of AvX, Hope(and possibly her lights) would be possessed by the Phoenix and restore the mutant population. Only the restored and new mutants would have the same connection and dedication/obsession with Hope that her Lights did. Hope would let the army of followers and the Phoenix go to her head and the X-Men would have to find a way to stop Hope as she and the new mutants began to turn against humanity. Some of the X-Men (Rogue) would join her while others would be hesitant because stopping Hope might mean ending mutants ......long story short "Bishop was right".

#10 Posted by adamTRMM (2731 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays:

So what would it mean for the mutantkind in the end?

#11 Posted by Koays (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: Rejuvenation?At a price though. ... I figured the X-men would still be able to play factions with Cyclops revolting against the new anti-mutant sentiment and the JGS acknowledging the fault the X-men and new mutants played in what happened