Recasting the Xmen and movie ideas

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HAWK2916

IN light of the recent movie news and speculation about a possible recast of some key characters in the Xmen, I wanted to get some thoughts or ideas on how and who people would cast in different spots. I know there are whole sites dedicated to this but i thought it might be fun to get peoples ideas on who they'd cast and even whether or not you would go the Apocalypse route or whether there is some other storyline in Xmen history that you think should be explored and adapted to the movies.

I have a pretty long casting list that i have to put in order and will be posting shortly

Thoughts?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I would keep Jackman as Wolvie and possibly Marsden as Cyke but I would give more exposure to Cyke and less to Wolvie...

The first movie should be about the O5, battling Magneto and his brotherhood, guys like Storm, Colossus amd Wolverine can come in the second or third movie..

Pheonix arc can probably be the third or fourth movie, where we get the cosmic entity phoenix and the Hellfire Club.

Oh yeah, also someone other than JJ as Emma Frost... She is an excellent actress but even the greatest actors can't play all the roles...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk about casting choices since im rarely good at those....but for storylines

I'd love a House of M, Messiah Complex, Second Coming trilogy in the very distance future. Lets say a movie or two after the Apocalypse tale and with just X-Men characters,,,i think it would be cool.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No matter what kind of X-Men film they make fans will never be happy. Its a franchise that is nearly impossible to adapt. Too many important characters that have gone through so many changes over so many years, so many story lines that have culminated over several amounts of years. I honestly can't even think of a story line I would like to see due to the fact that most of them have a lot of events happen leading up to them that would be extremely hard to compact into a 2 hour film.

The thing that is off putting that fans always say is "in the first film, just have the O5, then the second film could introduce the international team" Which, in terms of film, is a stupid idea. You just take all the characters you built in the first film and get rid of them in favor of new characters. It would be like reboot.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: You make some good points. Personally I hate that the movie industry tries to squeeze everything into 2 hours. Its not like a longer movie cost them anything really since there's no need for worrying about commercials and time slots. As you can tell by my avatar Im a huge Godfather fan, and frankly I wouldn't be opposed to a well thought out 3-4 hour movie with intermission and all.

But honestly thinking about what you said about the difficulty of adaptation because of so much backstory and lead up, almost makes me lean toward the Xmen being better set as Tv series. The graphics on tv with some of the recent sci-fi and action shows more recently would make this easily achievable. Then a movie could have a proper lead in nd might do even greater numbers saleswise.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@cattlebattle: You make some good points. Personally I hate that the movie industry tries to squeeze everything into 2 hours. Its not like a longer movie cost them anything really since there's no need for worrying about commercials and time slots. As you can tell by my avatar Im a huge Godfather fan, and frankly I wouldn't be opposed to a well thought out 3-4 hour movie with intermission and all.

But honestly thinking about what you said about the difficulty of adaptation because of so much backstory and lead up, almost makes me lean toward the Xmen being better set as Tv series. The graphics on tv with some of the recent sci-fi and action shows more recently would make this easily achievable. Then a movie could have a proper lead in nd might do even greater numbers saleswise.

Actually...it does cost them. A longer movies means less showings in a theater in one day, less showings means less amount a of money they can rake in in a day or a weekend

An X-Men tv show I don't think could work either. Personally, I think most super hero shows are kind of crappy, due to the budget not being able to facilitate real good looking effects and other things that go along with super hero mythology, which would be needed particularly for a show like X-Men, that would have to have all kinds of crazy stuff in it, like super powers, spaceships, fight choreography, wardrobe, make up effects, cgi....it's budget would have to be insane.

Animated series is the way to go. A serious animated show on par with the X-Men anime. Hopefully, in the future the Western part of the world will treat animation how the eastern world does and one day we might get an X-Men show that is not predominantly aimed at kids, but aimed at everyone. But, we probably never will and thats why the X-Men are just something that works best in their comic book continuity and can't really be adapted. Well they can, but it will never be done idealistically.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HAWK2916

@cattlebattle: Hmmmm... I agree about a serious animated show. But I do think they could do a tv show though. And longer movies really dont cost that much more. All they do is put it in multiple theaters and works just fine. Plus they just put it in the bigger theaters which again makes up for it easily. But again not to be disagreeable, I think a serious animated show would be great but as you said the western world thinks animated shows only have to be comedy or on nickelodeon and cartoon network.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sonequa Martin-Green as Storm.
Sonequa Martin-Green as Storm.
Deborah Ann Woll as Jean Grey.
Deborah Ann Woll as Jean Grey.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HAWK2916

I have quite a few to list. I recasted everyone just for the fun of it. Patrick Stewart was a great Professor X so it doesn't get much better than that. But anyway here goes. This is my O5 with Professor Xavier.

Professor Xavier- Mark Strong

No Caption Provided

Cyclops: Peter Mooney

No Caption Provided

Jean Grey: Amanda Righetti

No Caption Provided

Beast: Kit Harrington

No Caption Provided

Iceman: Zac Efron

No Caption Provided

Angel: Alex Pettyfer

No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#10  Edited By Teerack

They shouldn't try to do any kind of stupid origin/team building story and just have a movie where its just x-men being themselves. GotG proved that all you need to do is have the characters and have them act like the characters and people will get it.

X-Men vs Bastion for the story. /done.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ashton Kutcher as Colossus.

Leonardo Di Caprio as Cable

Justin Beiber as Sabretooth

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HAWK2916

@avenger85: ROFL

@teerack: I agree with that completely. Just for posting purposes I had to break things up into groups so thats why I just listed my O5, not that I want a movie with just them

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amanda Righetti as Jean wins

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dimitridkatsis

Scott Adkins as Wolverine, I just want to see that guy in a superhero movie.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott Adkins as Wolverine, I just want to see that guy in a superhero movie.

he already played Deadpool in Wolverine origins.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: Meh technically he did the stunts not the character and since he's played badass fighters and ninjas I don't see why not.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot to add Justin Timberlake as Juggernaut. He's a good actor.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@teerack said:

They shouldn't try to do any kind of stupid origin/team building story and just have a movie where its just x-men being themselves. GotG proved that all you need to do is have the characters and have them act like the characters and people will get it.

I'm inclined to agree with this sentiment. People who had no idea who the GotG were walked out of that movie being fans; has anyone ever walked out of an X-men movie, having no previous knowledge of the characters, and said, "wow! now I'm a Cyclops fan"? or a Storm fan? or a Kitty fan? probably not.

Don't get me wrong, I do like most of the X-men movies, but if that's all I knew about the X-men, I probably wouldn't care about most of the actual X-men in them. I wouldn't care about Cyclops, Jean, or Storm, because, out of 5 movies, they still never gave me any reason to. If those characters are being recast (as implied in DoFP), I'd just as soon skip to the part where they're already the X-men and get on with it.

(although, to be fair, part of GotG's story was how they became a team. It just seems unnecessary for the X-men at this point.)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HAWK2916

@oldnightcrawler: So would you recast? And what would you do for a movie storyline

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: So would you recast? And what would you do for a movie storyline

I don't see any reason to recast the First Class crew (Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Beast, etc), they're all pretty great, and that continuity is pretty compelling so far.

Any of the X-men from the other movies (except for Wolverine) will be recast if they use those characters anyway, because they basically have to be. Which is probably for the best, since most of the characters from the original trilogy were pretty one dimensional.

I'm pretty sure we'll see some teenage versions of at least Cyclops, Jean, and Storm. Along with Xavier and Beast, that's a pretty solid lineup anyway. And, of course, I'd love to see a recast of Nightcrawler, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had forgotten about this but anyway here's the rest of my cast so far with more to come. Didn't post pics on these:

Wolverine: Tom Hardy

Colossus: Armie Hammer

Nightcrawler: Jamie Bell

Storm: Yaya Dacosta or Zoe Saldana or Emilia Burns

Havok: Travis Milne

Polaris: Amber Heard

Rogue: Lyndesy Foncesca

Gambit: Gaspard Ulliel

Kitty Pryde: Emmy Rossum

Emma Frost: Katheryn Winnick

Banshee: Richard Madden

Sage: Marija karan or Moran Atias

Domino: Gemma Arterton

Siryn: Sophie Turner

Psylocke: Olivia Wilde

Dazzler: Diana Agron

Warpath: Martin Sensmeier

Moira Mactaggert: Rachel Nichols

Sunfire: Rain (Jung Ji-Hoon)

Generation X

Chamber: Penn Badgley

Monet: Dilshad Vadsaria

Husk: Taylor Momsen

Jubilee: Jamie Chung

Future/Alternate reality

Rachel Grey: Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Cable: Stephen Lang

Bishop: Micheal Jai White

Hope Summers: Karen Gillan

Villains/ Anti-hero

Sabretooth: Joe Manganiello

Daken: Eiji Wentz

Sinister: Jason Issacs

Juggernaut: Kevin Durand

Mystique: Jessica Biel

Apocalypse: Brian Thompson

Magneto: Benedict Cumberbatch

Scarlett Witch: Rachel McAdams

Quicksilver: Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Amelia Voght : Emily Blunt

New Mutants

Cannonball: Brenton Thwaites

Magik: Amanda Seyfried

Boom-Boom: Elisha Cuthbert

Wolfsbane: Jane Levy

Magma: Teresa Palmer

Dani Moonstar: Devery Jacobs

Sunspot: Diego Boneta

New Xmen

X-23: India Eisley

Dust: Blanca Suarez

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a enormous dude on The Strain that would probably do a pretty good Colossus. Kevin Durand? I think that's his name.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

That's a pretty good list, I can agree to most of that.

@rickbarry:

Depending on the age set they want to use, I could see him. Of course Ironic that he played the role of Blob.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ashton Kutcher as Colossus.

Leonardo Di Caprio as Cable

Justin Beiber as Sabretooth

No Caption Provided

Roy_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want a cast with personality and to see the school be an important part of the story.

I REALLY liked days of future past but storm,kitty,iceman and the others could have been doorstops and had the same impact. I really don't want to see the x-men from the first trilogy ever again cause they are seriously BORING.

You have this school with all these fun and crazy characters that should get more attention. It should be kind of like howorts and not just this place where the x-men and some children live.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I'm usually never good at casting people, well maybe except I would like to see Sarah Michelle Gellar as Kitty Pryde, depending on what age they set up for her. All I hope from the X-Men films is that we get a good story and actually focus on all the characters this time around.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi: I forgot he was in the origins movie. Ha.