#1 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Red-Headed girl teen Jean again and why is tempus' name changed to tempest???

#2 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Eva's codename was probably just a mistake and that girl is definitely Jean Grey. It's already almost confirmed that Kitty will join them, and I guess they will have Jean as "surprise".

Love the cover btw.

#3 Posted by HAWK2916 (1597 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this mean Iceman may be coming over too?

#4 Edited by Rickbarry (1754 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawk2916 said:

I'm pretty sure he's right up there with Beast with his disdain of Summers. It wouldn't make sense for him to switch sides.

#5 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

"Tempest"... really? Someone on the editing team overlooked this little detail!

#6 Posted by nerdSmokeja (26 posts) - - Show Bio

i would be disappointed if the 05 are still around after BATA

#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11154 posts) - - Show Bio

i would be disappointed if the 05 are still around after BATA

Get ready to be disappointed:-)

@hawk2916 said:

I'm pretty sure he's right up there with Beast with his disdain of Summers. It wouldn't make sense for him to switch sides.

I wish he would :-( I miss when Cyclops was with the "real" X-Men :-(

#8 Posted by adamTRMM (1339 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, rumors claim the opposite.

#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11154 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: I know, but it's Marvel and Bendis....

#10 Posted by tomasmaclgh (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Anka's art is, IMO, great. Really digging his work.

Maybe because Tempus sounds like Tempo ?

#11 Edited by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

and what are these rumors? I thought it was pretty much confirmed that the 05 will be staying after BOTA and be part of the GotG cross-over (or at least teen Jean is).

#12 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

and what are these rumors? I thought it was pretty much confirmed that the 05 will be staying after BOTA and be part of the GotG cross-over (or at least teen Jean is).

Exactly. The crossover was already confirmed, and IIRC there were already some pictures/previews of it. It's a given that at least Jean Grey is staying, I'm pretty sure others will as well.

#13 Posted by adamTRMM (1339 posts) - - Show Bio

@mechem_93 said:

@adamtrmm said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Exactly. The crossover was already confirmed, and IIRC there were already some pictures/previews of it. It's a given that at least Jean Grey is staying, I'm pretty sure others will as well.

Synopsis to ANXM 18

The X-Men are shaken to the core by the Battle of the Atom. So much that we can’t show you the cover of ALL-NEW X-MEN #19!

Kitty Pryde is particularly is shaken by the events of the X-Men crossover. With her students gone, what is Kitty to do?

#14 Edited by Veitha (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomasmaclgh: tempus is latin for "time".

Anyway I think that the name on the cover is just a mistake

#15 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11154 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: Synopsis's are the least reliable thing to go by

#16 Posted by adamTRMM (1339 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by darthphoenix (660 posts) - - Show Bio

never trust covers. most of the time it has nothing to do with what's inside

#18 Posted by Squares (4966 posts) - - Show Bio

My only question about this cover is why is it so stupid.

#19 Posted by McKlayn (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

Eva's codename was probably just a mistake and that girl is definitely Jean Grey. It's already almost confirmed that Kitty will join them, and I guess they will have Jean as "surprise".

Love the cover btw.

ok well i've been really busy IRl and out of the loop but where was it confirmed Kitty was jumping ship? This makes me happy actually in alot of ways, Emma & Kitty were great in the same comic still what about her in Woods X men? Is she leaving? It would only make sense? Unless they are like combining sides idk lol

#20 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn said:

@gonnarain said:

Love the cover btw.

ok well i've been really busy IRl and out of the loop but where was it confirmed Kitty was jumping ship? This makes me happy actually in alot of ways, Emma & Kitty were great in the same comic still what about her in Woods X men? Is she leaving? It would only make sense? Unless they are like combining sides idk lol

There have been many comments concerning her future post BotA and most of them heavily suggest that she will leave the JGS. Specifically in Aaron's X-Position, they asked him if Kitty and Rachel were gonna star in Amazing X-Men, he responded that the potential cast will be conformed of faculty members, basically people from team "Wolverine", so Rachel was included, but when it came to Kitty, he didn't give any kind of answer but that we should wait for BotA to finish.

You can read it here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48075

So that, summed to the fact that Kitty seems to be disagreeing in pretty much everything Wolverine and Storm are doing, and that she will appear in UXM, it's highly likely that it will be more than just a "visit" like the solicits stated.

And I'm really glad, she is just too cool to stay with that bunch of losers at the JGS, I just wish Rachel would soon follow her as well. :/

#21 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7268 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. The future certainly isn't looking all too bright for Kitty if she's honestly betrothed herself to Cyclops and his cosplay hobos. Good bye meaningful development and characterization/interaction with her sisters in Wood's X-Men, hello monotonic Bendis-grammar nicely topped with a dollop of standard line-wide mockery being that she's now going to be the Gold-side representative and proponent of Scott's imaginary "Revolution".

Lol fun.

In all honesty, this just reeks of the more evident and sanctioned (by the fans, for the fans) convolution. Kitty would never opt for something like that. Ever.

#22 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

kris anka mentioned on his tumblr that the 'tempest' thing was a mistake, and its going to be edited in time for the print run and it will read tempus : )

#24 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

If the O5 are still after BOTA I will be really disappointed.First bringing them back was a mistake but it would be a bigger mistake to keep them in our time.

#25 Posted by frozenedge (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997: it'll just be another reason heroes in the future hate heroes of the past. They screw up everything back in their time

#26 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

If the O5 are still after BOTA I will be really disappointed.First bringing them back was a mistake but it would be a bigger mistake to keep them in our time.

Agreed. The problem is that it seems like the writers want to show us that the future is actually better because the O5 stayed, or that's the way I'm seeing it. The evil X-Men (Jorna, Kate, Beast etc.) came to the present, announcing a terrible future that will happen if the O5 stay, but then Magik goes there, finds the "good" X-Men, and a totally distinct future which, by the little we saw, seems to be brighter for Mutant-kind.

They're just trying to justify why the O5 should stay I guess.

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

Agreed. The problem is that it seems like the writers want to show us that the future is actually better because the O5 stayed, or that's the way I'm seeing it. The evil X-Men (Jorna, Kate, Beast etc.) came to the present, announcing a terrible future that will happen if the O5 stay, but then Magik goes there, finds the "good" X-Men, and a totally distinct future which, by the little we saw, seems to be brighter for Mutant-kind.

They shouldn't make stupid excuses like that for the O5 to stay only because Bendis wants so.Marvel shouldn't let him do sh*t like that and ruin whole stories,characters and sagas.

#28 Posted by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (297 posts) - - Show Bio

i wonder if the evil x-men would get sent back to there time????

#29 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@gonnarain said:

@tdk_1997 said:

They shouldn't make stupid excuses like that for the O5 to stay only because Bendis wants so.Marvel shouldn't let him do sh*t like that and ruin whole stories,characters and sagas.

Again agreed. But it seems like Bendis is one of Marvel's biggest sacred cows, and I don't really get why... His overall work is fine, but that's it, nothing really impressive, and they have far better writters around like Wood who doesn't get the attention he certainly deserves, or Hickman among others.

And to be honest, if Aaron's awful WatXM future is what we get if the O5 stay, then they should really kill all of them just to make sure there's no way in hell it will ever happen.

#30 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@gonnarain said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Again agreed. But it seems like Bendis is one of Marvel's biggest sacred cows, and I don't really get why... His overall work is fine, but that's it, nothing really impressive, and they have far better writters around like Wood who doesn't get the attention he certainly deserves, or Hickman among others.

And to be honest, if Aaron's awful WatXM future is what we get if the O5 stay, then they should really kill all of them just to make sure there's no way in hell it will ever happen.

Bendis' work hasn't been good since he killed off Ultimate Peter,started the second volume of New Avengers and ended his Daredevil run.A writer like Wood should indeed get more attention because his writing skills have been pretty impressive in X-Men.

#31 Posted by xchaix (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I will go with that red head being one of the cuckoos. Remember that one of them had dyed their hair black. She could just as easily dyed her hair red to spite Emma. Also there are only two blonde cuckoos there. Kitty being on team Scott doesn't feel right after all the terrible things she has said about Scott. I'm not a big fan of hers so her indecisive and hypocritical actions don't help.

#32 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@xchaix said:

I will go with that red head being one of the cuckoos. Remember that one of them had dyed their hair black. She could just as easily dyed her hair red to spite Emma. Also there are only two blonde cuckoos there. Kitty being on team Scott doesn't feel right after all the terrible things she has said about Scott. I'm not a big fan of hers so her indecisive and hypocritical actions don't help.

That's not a Cuckoo. Phoebe and Celeste are in the back, one going crazy, the other talking with the red head, and the third Cuckoo, Irma, is right behind Tempus.

#33 Edited by xchaix (25 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain: Hmm, you're right. I can only assume that they gave her a name instead of rounding her up with the Cuckoos because she is trying to break out.