Post mortem: the haunting art

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What were the most memorable deaths of X-related characters to you? Maybe not A-listers, maybe not from the main universe, but those scenes you still remembered to be heavy.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doug Ramseys death was pretty morbid. Especially with Rahnes naivete about the situation.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is the death of Moira McTaggert: she is the only who isn't resurrected.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kurt's death.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Koays  Online

Colossus.

The entire issue, leading up to it was one thing but....the way he died is one of the moments you have to include if your giving comments on his character.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wing from Astonishing X-Men. His death was crazy.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wing from Astonishing X-Men. His death was crazy.

"Man was not meant to fly", agreed that was catchy. I'd love though a more powerful mutant than have a counterargument Thor/Magik style. It was a miss I think.

@koays said:

Colossus.

The entire issue, leading up to it was one thing but....the way he died is one of the moments you have to include if your giving comments on his character.

That and especially young Illyana's were impressively handled by Lobdell.

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DaymarePrime

When Illyana died as a young girl. Jubilee, the bamf doll, and Jean talking with her. I was really young at the time and it was the first time I recall getting teary at a comic. I honestly cannot say there is a comic that could invoke this feeling at the moment. Good stuff.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Psylocke's death was pretty intense for me. With all her power & skill she was taken down by a crappy villain in the blink of an eye.
I stopped reading X-Men until I heard she'd been resurrected.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The power of Colossus' death makes his overly nostalgia-driven resurrection and everything he's done since seem so small and pointless.

I really don't get resurrecting a character unless there's a HUGE story behind it. Psylocke, Nightcrawler, and Colossus are just a few examples of resurrection missteps.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By adamTRMM

While I love Colossus, I agree his resurrection via dues ex machina was poor.

I love K/Y's deaths, they all were sickening and fitted the Decimation plot making it feel a disaster it was.

Mostly overlooked, one of the most haunting death scenes to me was Mammomax's, metaphorically it sent me back to Lynch's Elephant Man that I watched as a teen, recalling the scene where typical folks overtaken by mass-hysteria were about to lynch him just because of how he looked like and then him downtrodden and cornered shouting "no... I am not an animal... I am a human being"

No Caption Provided

Not the same, but 'Max is the elephant man that was treated the way no living being deserves.