Possible (teen)Jean Grey Solo Series?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

On bendis tumblr he keeps hinting there might be one: http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/page/2

Anonymous asked: Now that teen Jean Grey has been put through the stringer and dealt with almost every aspect of adult Jean's legacy, what kinda of stories can we expect from her? What are her plans for improving the human/mutant relationship and must importantly her own future? Does she think she can just stay in the present indefinitely without consequence to time/space or will she try to 'resurrect' her adult self? Is resurrection an option she would consider, being that she has rejected adult 616's legacy?

Bendis: You will love all new X-Men for the foreseeable future.

in fact, call me crazy but this sounds like a great idea for a Jean grey solo series

there is also this:

yesika asked: Will Jean Grey have her own comic book series in the near future?

Bendis:There are discussions.

Do you like this idea or not?????

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hope not

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess Cyclops isn't doing well...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh.....why? Remember when the individual issues of characters were told simultaneously alongside story arcs that effected the group as a whole?

Smh I'm done with this idea now, send then back to their time please

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't read it.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

or maybe cyclops is doing well and they want the others to have a solo series as well. :)

@koays said:

Sigh.....why? Remember when the individual issues of characters were told simultaneously alongside story arcs that effected the group as a whole?

Smh I'm done with this idea now, send then back to their time please

They cant go home, lol. Also I'm thinking a "Search for Jean Grey" story, like the "search for cyclops".

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

I hope so. Why did teen Cyclops get a solo series ?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

Because there trying to make him enjoyable again, lol. XD

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By time1

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@time said:

I like adult Cyclops at the moment, but comics have been center around Scott for too long, which is why i wasn't pleased that teen Scott had a solo series. I rather see another X-Men character get solo series.

What did you think of Jean and Emma interaction in the last issue of All-New X-Men.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

or maybe cyclops is doing well and they want the others to have a solo series as well. :)

What next? Beast, Angel and Iceman as well? :)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@time said:

I like adult Cyclops at the moment, but comics have been center around Scott for too longer, which is why i wasn't pleased that teen Scott had a solo series. I rather see another X-Men character get solo series.

What did you think of Jean and Emma interaction in the last issue of All-New X-Men.

it felt like it was forced. I mean jean and emma being friends makes no sense. Especially when marvel make them rivals from day one. what did you think?????

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd read it.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Sure why not but iceman first, since everyone likes teen iceman and we can hear more of his wonderful singing,lol. :)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@time said:

I like adult Cyclops at the moment, but comics have been center around Scott for too longer, which is why i wasn't pleased that teen Scott had a solo series. I rather see another X-Men character get solo series.

it felt like it was forced. I mean jean and emma being friends makes no sense. Especially when marvel make them rivals from day one. what did you think?????

The interactions was good, up till the end. When they starting laughing, that's when I was disappointed, right at the end. They shouldn't be friends, Jean should hate Emma. Not sure why she doesn't

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@time said:

@time said:

The interactions was good, up till the end. When they starting laughing, that's when I was disappointed, right at the end. They shouldn't be friends, Jean should hate Emma. Not sure why she doesn't

Yeah its like we dont know what they were talking about and all of a sudden their freinds, it makes no since. Maybe emma said something funny about scott????? Another exemple of Bendis bad Writing, lol.

Also jean now knows scott picked emma over her and then she hits emma, i was expecting more of a fight to the finnish between these two. Also everyone was watching them because they know it was going to be a big fight.

jwayneyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jwayneyo

Here is my take on it. Though Emma may have an infinite distaste for Jean Grey, this is not the exact Jean Grey she once knew. This Jean Grey is a teenager who has done nothing wrong to Emma as of yet. For all we know, Emma doesn't associated psychologically as the same person. Maybe she see her more a a duplicate or daughter of Jean. Obviously this Jean is much different then the original so it is not far-fetched.

Also Jean, though she had her moments disliking Emma, doesn't have the same deep rooted rivalry that the original Jean had. Ok, so Emma stole her man, but everything considered, that "man" was only a strong crush at that time. It is not really as big of a deal as the decade long relationship the original Jean had with Scott. Believe it or not but this Jean and Emma have no true history.

Now that that is said, Emma could be manipulating her. The same could be said for Jean. Ever heard of the phrase "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer". It could be that sort of ordeal between them, but who really knows. Another possibility is that they were acting as if they were getting along when what truly happened during their mental spat was much worse than any one could imagine and they had to create an illusion (not telepathically) to keep whatever happened between themselves. Either way, this relationship would be interesting, whether genuine or a fraud.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@time said:

@time said:

Yeah its like we dont know what they were talking about and all of a sudden their freinds, it makes no since. Maybe emma said something funny about scott????? Another exemple of Bendis bad Writing, lol.

Emma probley did. I don't think Bendis understand Jean or her rivalry with Emma Frost.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Unless there looking for tthe entrance to the White Hot Room I don't care.

If the ONLY two interesting things about All New X-men have solo's then what is the point of the book. Smh the book was already mostly about teen Jean and her issues anyway

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwayneyo said:

Here is my take on it. Though Emma may have an infinite distaste for Jean Grey, this is not the exact Jean Grey she once knew. This Jean Grey is a teenager who has done nothing wrong to Emma as of yet. For all we know, Emma doesn't associated psychologically as the same person. Maybe she see her more a a duplicate or daughter of Jean. Obviously this Jean is much different then the original so it is not far-fetched.

Also Jean, though she had her moments disliking Emma, doesn't have the same deep rooted rivalry that the original Jean had. Ok, so Emma stole her man, but everything considered, that "man" was only a strong crush at that time. It is not really as big of a deal as the decade long relationship the original Jean had with Scott. Believe it or not but this Jean and Emma have no true history.

Now that that is said, Emma could be manipulating her. The same could be said for Jean. Ever heard of the phrase "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer". It could be that sort of ordeal between them, but who really knows. Another possibility is that they were acting as if they were getting along when what truly happened during their mental spat was much worse than any one could imagine and they had to create an illusion (not telepathically) to keep whatever happened between themselves. Either way, this relationship would be interesting, whether genuine or a fraud.

You maybe right about Emma, but Jean Grey red Beast mind and she knows what Emma done to her future self. No only is Emma responsible for destroying her marriage, but she party responsible for the Dark Phoenix mess. I mean can you imagine your past self meeting someone who wreck your future. It's not realistic for Jean to just be nice to Emma. Jean doesn't have hate in her character and that could be the reason why she nice to Emma.

I hope your right when you said

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

did you see the uxm 27 solicitations??? Scott power is still broken even after having the nano-tech out of his system. I hope jean grey is the one to teach him how to get his powers back to work and the others(magneto, emma, etc)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: I hope not. Teen Jean is getting close to Mary Sue status with how important everyone is making her out to be.

She's not Jean, she's just a 16 year old girl dealing with a strange future, it's annoying to think that this girl would have all the answers to the adults problems.

They really need to focus more on her character then her powers since she already is unbelievably powerful but doesn't really express much about herself.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays:

Do you like emma and teen jean as friends now or do you think it was forced?????

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Koays

@hopesummersforthefuture: Idk what to make of the friendship yet. I don't think it was forced because Emma probably jumped at the idea of teaching her old rival while she's young and inexperienced.

Plus Emma has no reason to hate a 16yr old girl even if she does grow up to be her rival. So I don't think this was supposed to be a big showdown between them since they have no reason to hate each other like Emma and adult Jean do.

That said id like to see more of the two together before we say whether they're real friends or just friendly student/teacher

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Idk what to make of the friendship yet. I don't think it was forced because Emma probably jumped at the idea of teaching her old rival while she's young and inexperienced.

Plus Emma has no reason to hate a 16yr old girl even if she does grow up to be her rival. So I don't think this was supposed to be a big showdown between them since they have no reason to hate each other like Emma and adult Jean do.

That said id like to see more of the two together before we say whether they're real friends or just friendly student/teacher

Its funny how iceman and the students were pretending to have a picnic so they can watch this huge fight. The only thing that happpened was that jean used her powers once to hit emma while emma used her diamond powers to protect herself.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Koays

@koays said:

Its funny how iceman and the students were pretending to have a picnic so they can watch this huge fight. The only thing that happpened was that jean used her powers once to hit emma while emma used her diamond powers to protect herself.

Also the Cuckoo's started using TK for some reason....but yea

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@koays said:

did they use TK in UXM? Maybe Pheobe was lying.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@koays said:

did they use TK in UXM? Maybe Pheobe was lying.

Nope, but they said they were "evolving" when they first joined Uncanny. And Emma does have some latent TK abilities, so they could've gotten them from her.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean solo? sign me up!

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@adamtrmm said:

For what it's worth, at the 3rd issue point he's selling lower than Magneto and Nightcrawler. Only one issue of Storm is out, but it sold about 100 more copies than Cyclops. Too soon to say if she'll continue beating him:

No Caption Provided

For some extra perspective, his sales are quite close with Captain Marvel, She-Hulk and Ghost Rider, and not a lot lower than Punisher, all of which are established solo properties, albeit not permanent ones. Seems not too bad for a first time ongoing. However with Greg Rucka finishing his run soon, that may affect sales negatively. He seems to have a decent sized fanbase, some of which may be buying this series due to his involvement:

No Caption Provided

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hope not. What a waste.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

couple possible reasons

1. they just had a story idea for Teen-Scott and wanted to try it

2. Scott+Jean was crowding out the other members of the 05 (notice that once scott leaves Warren suddenly starts getting major page space)

3. separating Scott and jean for a period might help them set up for a future story. (the two weren't on the best terms prior to the Trial of Jean Grey), but now Scott is back to writing letters he will never send and Jean is realizing she misses her best friend.

could be a combination of things

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

All New X-Men is her solo title lol.

Send her back to the Sixties

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean needs a solo seres she was the only one out of the O5 that didnt get one.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Moonlighterstone

@adamtrmm said:

This

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I JUST WANT THE REAL JEAN GREY BACK.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Agreed!!!!! :)

Double Agreed

tripled! I'd love to have her back as the queen of psychics of the x-men again lol

Btw in regards to the teen jean and emma thing,I agree that emma probably has no bad motives coz she has nothing to hate jean for, she is a 16 yr old girl that has not done a single thing to her. I can see though why jean might hate her coz after all she did have an affair with her future(?) husband. I get that she might be able to look past it and not hate emma but I really can't accept that they became giggling girlfriends JUST LIKE THAT. In all of 2 pages everything is rainbows and unicorms. It seems, not so much forced but rather rushed. They could have even made a storyline of it, them starting out very civil, a teacher-student relationship and then maybe develop into a friendship later on but come on it happened too fast

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Double Agreed

tripled! I'd love to have her back as the queen of psychics of the x-men again lol

Btw in regards to the teen jean and emma thing,I agree that emma probably has no bad motives coz she has nothing to hate jean for, she is a 16 yr old girl that has not done a single thing to her. I can see though why jean might hate her coz after all she did have an affair with her future(?) husband. I get that she might be able to look past it and not hate emma but I really can't accept that they became giggling girlfriends JUST LIKE THAT. In all of 2 pages everything is rainbows and unicorms. It seems, not so much forced but rather rushed. They could have even made a storyline of it, them starting out very civil, a teacher-student relationship and then maybe develop into a friendship later on but come on it happened too fast

I don't see why Jean would hate her because of Scott, and Jean doesn't hate her at all and it was clear Emma is the one with the problem. Emma has had a problem with teen Jean because she knows she is the past self of the Jean she hates. Teen Jean should not trust Emma because Emma had a hand in her future mind rape and possible physical rape if Mastermind ended up having sex with Jean during the Hellfire story.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martinceld said:

@koays said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Double Agreed

I don't see why Jean would hate her because of Scott, and Jean doesn't hate her at all and it was clear Emma is the one with the problem. Emma has had a problem with teen Jean because she knows she is the past self of the Jean she hates. Teen Jean should not trust Emma because Emma had a hand in her future mind rape and possible physical rape if Mastermind ended up having sex with Jean during the Hellfire story.

yeah it seemed rush and forced, damn you bendis. They should have had a whole story like going to the savage land and getting into trouble.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans said:

@martinceld said:

@koays said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Double Agreed

yeah it seemed rush and forced, damn you bendis. They should have had a whole story like going to the savage land and getting into trouble.

I dont think that the whole "Emma vs Jean" thing should be done at all with Teen Jean and Emma.

It makes them both look bad since Emma would seem ridiculous for holding a grudge against a child, and Teen Jean looks crazy for trying to avenge something that happened in the future that she already said she didn't want and is here to change.

I like what Bendis did by giving us a taste there, but i think we should just see it as Emma proving that Jean isn't in control by picking at her vulnerable spots and showing Jean that they should set aside the uncomfortable so that they can both help Jean together. Teen Jean wasn't present for any of the things that happened between her an Emma so it's almost as petty as when Rachel tried to fight Emma over Scott. The only damage Teen Jean can do is to read Scott's mind and find out about the "Live Scott" moment because otherwise, none of it matters.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@martinceld said:

@koays said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Double Agreed

I dont think that the whole "Emma vs Jean" thing should be done at all with Teen Jean and Emma.

It makes them both look bad since Emma would seem ridiculous for holding a grudge against a child, and Teen Jean looks crazy for trying to avenge something that happened in the future that she already said she didn't want and is here to change.

I like what Bendis did by giving us a taste there, but i think we should just see it as Emma proving that Jean isn't in control by picking at her vulnerable spots and showing Jean that they should set aside the uncomfortable so that they can both help Jean together. Teen Jean wasn't present for any of the things that happened between her an Emma so it's almost as petty as when Rachel tried to fight Emma over Scott. The only damage Teen Jean can do is to read Scott's mind and find out about the "Live Scott" moment because otherwise, none of it matters.

that would be awesome but highly not to happen.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@martinceld said:

@koays said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Double Agreed

Of course not, because All New X-Men would rather do a poor mans "Jean Grey's Greatest Hits" then to actually follow up on plotlines left open by the character....anyone remember Jean's sister that is STILL missing? seems like something Teen Jean might want to check out.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@koays said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@martinceld said:

@koays said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Double Agreed

Of course not, because All New X-Men would rather do a poor mans "Jean Grey's Greatest Hits" then to actually follow up on plotlines left open by the character....anyone remember Jean's sister that is STILL missing? seems like something Teen Jean might want to check out.

sadly Jean's missing sister sara was mentioned in x-men: Phalanx Covenant it said she was killed by it.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Gotcha, send Teen Jean after the Phalanx then. or have her talk to someone about Rachel,Cable, or Nate....things that should be addressed other then dying and phoenix

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Gotcha, send Teen Jean after the Phalanx then. or have her talk to someone about Rachel,Cable, or Nate....things that should be addressed other then dying and phoenix

yeah bendis said rachel would meet jean and nothing really happened. Just like the cop-out when emma and jean had a pyschic chat and became friends, lol

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordmordor: @time: @hawk2916: @koays“But All-New X-Men writer Brian Bendis has been hinting for some time that he’d like to see an ongoing Jean Grey series. Well, Bleeding Cool sources that have proved fairly reliable in the past, tell us that they have seen a logo for such a series, getting ready for production. So, yes, as well as Young Cyclops getting his own series, expect Young Jean Grey to join him, getting her own series. That Brian Bendis will act as creative consultant but it should be created by one of the teams on the Logan Legacy books. Expect an announcement at, or just before, New York Comic Con.”

BleedingCool, A New Comic Book Series Starring Jean Grey To Be Announced In A Couple of Months? (x)