Possible future team leader of a villain group?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darthphoenix

tables can turn anytime, among the x-men, who do you think can go evil and lead a group of villains?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthphoenix:

Well didnt marvel hint that wolverine might be going down a darker path? Maybe he will quit the x-men and the avengers. and just do what he wants to do

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellion is the most likely candidate. Who wants to mess with a top tier telekinetic with rage issues and an over-blown ego?

Wolverine i guess - but we know all about his new "team."

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd like to see Dark Beast lead a team of evil genusises.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By HAWK2916

Ive always thought that Hellion had that potential. I could also Elixir going down that path and becoming like an old school Magneto. I would also say Magik too

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go evil? Definetly Hope, you've got her hyped up to be the mutant Messiah and raised to do a job all her life, what if she doesn't think restoring the Mutant Genome was it? Picture the signs: BISHOP WAS RIGHT!

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Wolverine, in order to sell more comics, make l337 moments and reclaim his street credit. He'd probably be revealed to have been brainwashed or something similar for a soft retcon at the end of the story/event.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By XsPectre28

Magik or Emma frost

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HAWK2916

@koays: Hope would be cool too.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Go evil? Definetly Hope, you've got her hyped up to be the mutant Messiah and raised to do a job all her life, what if she doesn't think restoring the Mutant Genome was it? Picture the signs: BISHOP WAS RIGHT!

I dont like how they always make hope to be some kind of evil destroyer when shes not but the Bishop was right signs would be funny. Also if hope does turn evil the whole world would come to an end, so i guess they would be no people to make the signs, hmmm

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magik or Emma frost

lol i dont think so. They tried so hard not to make then bad anymore although xorn-jean did say that magik kills herslf before she turns pure evil in BotA

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think Hellion would be the perfect status...

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Koays

@koays said:

I dont like how they always make hope to be some kind of evil destroyer when shes not but the Bishop was right signs would be funny. Also if hope does turn evil the whole world would come to an end, so i guess they would be no people to make the signs, hmmm

I don't think she's an evil destroyer, I think at the moment she's a VERY head strong teenager, but its been hinted that she would either be the savior or the destroyer of the Mutant race so why not explore the other side of her character in some way since they seem to not have any other plans for her

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@koays said:

I don't think she's an evil destroyer, I think at the moment she's a VERY head strong teenager, but its been hinted that she would either be the savior or the destroyer of the Mutant raceso why not explore the other side of her character in some way since they seem to not have any other plans for her

Yeah so she was the savior of the mutant race in AvX so that is over now. The phoenix is gone and she probably wont become phoenix again because she didnt want it. So the whole things about being the destroyer or savior is over and marvel doesnt know what to do with her now, lol. :)

Avatar image for spacemanspiff85
spacemanspiff85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say one of the younger, newer mutants, definitely. a long-time X-Man turning evil would be a big stretch, unless there was an apocalypse-type corruption going on. But a lot of the younger mutants don't have much patience with humans or much willingness to fight for co-existence, I don't think. I could see X-23 going dark along these lines, maybe, although I'm not as familiar with her lately.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I'd like Dark Beast to make his own BrotherHood of Evil but change the name to Evil Mutants Society, or something.

(+)

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like Dark Beast to make his own BrotherHood of Evil but change the name to Evil Mutants Society, or something.

(+)

thought dark beast was trapped in the AoA universe after X-termination

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@koays said:

I don't think she's an evil destroyer, I think at the moment she's a VERY head strong teenager, but its been hinted that she would either be the savior or the destroyer of the Mutant raceso why not explore the other side of her character in some way since they seem to not have any other plans for her

Yeah so she was the savior of the mutant race in AvX so that is over now. The phoenix is gone and she probably wont become phoenix again because she didnt want it. So the whole things about being the destroyer or savior is over and marvel doesnt know what to do with her now, lol. :)

Definitely this, but I don't think they EVER had a clear clue of what Hope was supposed to be. I mean the whole thing with the lights was the perfect opening for some alternate future where all mutants are loyal to Hope...then AvX ignored all of that. Now she's sorta just there...maybe Stryfe will give her something to do, I mean there's never been a boring kidnapping right?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@koays said:

@koays said:

Definitely this, but I don't think they EVER had a clear clue of what Hope was supposed to be. I mean the whole thing with the lights was the perfect opening for some alternate future where all mutants are loyal to Hope...then AvX ignored all of that. Now she's sorta just there...maybe Stryfe will give her something to do, I mean there's never been a boring kidnapping right?

yeah didnt hope go to the future before and she saw her future self who was dressed as stryfe? Something is differently going to change her in x-force: vendetta

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cattlebattle

I would like to see an evil Cyclops. Just for something different. Not evil in a conventional way either, just kind of a Summers Rebellion type of thing.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There has to be a reason for it. You can't really just say, 'well, Storm becomes a villain because she got bored of being a good guy'. Scott came really close at the end of AvX and he had his reasons.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@yung_ancient_one said:

(+)

thought dark beast was trapped in the AoA universe after X-termination

Yeah, but this is comics. In comic book logic they can still come up with a story to bring back Dark Beast or if not a new Dark Beast. There are at least 616 Universes so maybe in the 265 Universe there is another Dark Beast. (+)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now when people talk about this I can totally see the only way to Bishop's redemption (lol) is "Bishop was right" and Hope's final revelation to become an actual villain, though it will be too obvious - another hapless JG clone goes insane. But, it's better than trying to fit her relevance, even when AVX writers made everything they could to make her character really shi*tty. And Cable did say "she has that darkness inside her" lol

What I don't understand why some of you guys think that Hellion fits for this title. A hot-headed, maybe a little lost, both morally and ideologically, yet nothing indicates he is "evil", don't forget what he did to Omega Sentinel was mainly because the Sentinel in her essence, I don't say it was right somehow, but somewhere it was understandable he let his rage out, after what other Sentinels did to him.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its been said before by other writers. Also we always have villains becoming heroes and such but hardly no hero turns into a villain. If it does its always because the so-called hero is possessed by something or has some evil alter ego thats triggered by some higher being

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By adamTRMM

@hawk2916:

It's not like Hellion was ever a hero, but I really dislike the concept of a "morally lost guy finally becoming bad". I actually don't really dig what Carey did with him at all, he portrayed him TOO amoral, while he was never like this (even recognizing what I said before about the whole Sentinel aspect). Yes, he was hot headed, even a jerk, but he was that kind of jerk that wasn't really unpleasant. Of course K/Y left his character shattered, Lui finished the job shattering him to a thousand pieces, and that I guess what Carey tried to accomplish rebuilding his character, still it wasn't the Hellion I liked through the New X-Men run.

Am I the only one who found Hellion/X-23 interactions so beautiful? lol

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I agree with you on that now. Hellion imo comes across as a Gambit type person. Not necessarily a hero but just goes with what is profitable or what he believes in. K/Y was the best characterization of him. Carey did a better job than Liu. For me I'm not so sure I want him as a villain more so than how Magneto is more like an anti-hero, which is much closer to normal human behavior than the portrayal of the always magnanimous, benevolent, put-everyone-else-first-do-gooder type that is so cliche'. I like him being loyal to the cause and going all out for his friends and mutants in general because thats what he is.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

That's what beautiful about characters like him, they are not some goodies-two-shoes, yet they differ right from wrong in the end. Putting down Omega Sentinel in a cold blood like he did (no matter the Sentinel, she was a good person inside) was the wrong he should've recognized. That's how I felt at least, especially when you see even Magneto's recognizing this on the background.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think teen jean grey will join magneto's new bad group just because i want her to take a new direction and leave the o5. Hell angel left the o5, why cant jean?????

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@hawk2916:

That's what beautiful about characters like him, they are not some goodies-two-shoes, yet they differ right from wrong in the end. Putting down Omega Sentinel in a cold blood like he did (no matter the Sentinel, she was a good person inside) was the wrong he should've recognized. That's how I felt at least, especially when you see even Magneto's recognizing this on the background.

don't forget that Julian was SO pumped full of pain killers that he was essentially numb to reality... his more compassionate side (what there is of it at least) would have been completely shut down. He had just lost his hands remember. That said, i do still think he has the best (?) potential to go full villain of all the Young X-Men.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By adamTRMM

don't forget that Julian was SO pumped full of pain killers that he was essentially numb to reality... his more compassionate side (what there is of it at least) would have been completely shut down. He had just lost his hands remember. That said, i do still think he has the best (?) potential to go full villain of all the Young X-Men.

You see, that's another reason to assume he is not that bad guy inside, it was just a bad times for him. Again, I find the concept of the angriest team member to go darker and darker, poor, outdated and unworthy.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lykopis

@adamtrmm said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

You see, that's another reason to assume he is not that bad guy inside, it was just a bad times for him. Again, I find the concept of the angriest team member to go darker and darker, poor, outdated and unworthy.

Julian as a bad guy will make me flip my sh*t. Just saying.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually have envisioned Elixir playing that role of a villain. Maybe more of an anti-villain

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

Julian as a bad guy will make me flip my sh*t. Just saying.

Won't make it any better, sorry :)

@hawk2916 said:

I actually have envisioned Elixir playing that role of a villain. Maybe more of an anti-villain

Totally, under Magneto's wing... wow, I see the newborn script is running through my head right now lol

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: This is exactly how I envisioned him in a possible similar role as Magneto. This guy can cure disease as well as alter the biological make-up of a person, turning them into a mutant or depowering them. He could be used in the best form of torture or as a terrorist threat. He could definitely have a huge following i.e the Acolytes, but his could be both human and mutant. He could basically save or destroy, talk about a God complex!!

If you could fast forward to a future where the Xmen are the students from Academy X and Elixir's the anit-hero or anti-villain, there would be some pretty compelling stories there in a similar way to how Magneto has become an icon.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By adamTRMM

@hawk2916 said:

@adamtrmm: This is exactly how I envisioned him in a possible similar role as Magneto. This guy can cure disease as well as alter the biological make-up of a person, turning them into a mutant or depowering them. He could be used in the best form of torture or as a terrorist threat. He could definitely have a huge following i.e the Acolytes, but his could be both human and mutant. He could basically save or destroy, talk about a God complex!!

If you could fast forward to a future where the Xmen are the students from Academy X and Elixir's the anit-hero or anti-villain, there would be some pretty compelling stories there in a similar way to how Magneto has become an icon.

Well, DeFilipis' Academy X "alternate future" was pretty lame lolz But yeah, I'll say it again - he is omega level biokinetic, Prototype anyone?! He could be THAT bad@$$ - forming hive minds, creating human targeting viruses/reviving the X-gene in every human and of course, going nuts and finally that could be totally understandable.