#1 Posted by rodwell (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok now that the first arc of wolverine and the xmen (volume 2) has finished can someone please explain it to me. I like stories that make you think but I just found this arc to be very confusing? First love a short summery of the story, for us dummies. Hopefully that will explain some of my questions, who is the big future guy John I think he is called? Also what is the phoenix cooperation and who is that kid who leads it? Plus what exactly was going on with future quintin?

My understanding only so far as to say; this arc was all to do with future quintin. He sent people back in time to stop himself from going phoenix and fighting evan who later turns into apocalypse. His motivation for doing this was because the battle killed Ide who he loved? It ended with present quintin killing his future self and him leaving the x-men to join this phoenix cooperation.

Any ways please help, and correct what I got wrong? Also was it just me or did other find this really confusing?

#2 Posted by Flavalon (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not currently reading thing, but when a story has to do with timelines, it get confusing as hell. My question here is how come Quintin an x men? when he first came out I thought he was going to be a villain cause he look like it. I have a feeling he's going to be one of those who will get sick and tire playing hero and will end up playing the villain (IMO).

#3 Posted by Koays (3385 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious as to what was happening as well. ...Things got confusing around the time Oya switch outfits and the scenes went back and forth to the future and Quires mind

#4 Posted by rodwell (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Still no answers?

@flavalon said:

My question here is how come Quintin an x men? when he first came out I thought he was going to be a villain cause he look like it. I have a feeling he's going to be one of those who will get sick and tire playing hero and will end up playing the villain (IMO).

Dont know what you have read but in the first series of Wolverine and the X-men he was on his path to becoming a good guy and developed a cool relationship with wolverine. But you maybe right about his future as he left the school and the end of this confusing arc.

#5 Posted by John Valentine (16375 posts) - - Show Bio

Shame it's so confusing, interesting premise.

#6 Edited by Flavalon (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@rodwell said:

Still no answers?

@flavalon said:

My question here is how come Quintin an x men? when he first came out I thought he was going to be a villain cause he look like it. I have a feeling he's going to be one of those who will get sick and tire playing hero and will end up playing the villain (IMO).

Dont know what you have read but in the first series of Wolverine and the X-men he was on his path to becoming a good guy and developed a cool relationship with wolverine. But you maybe right about his future as he left the school and the end of this confusing arc.

This is the one I was reading back then. When they first came out just don't remember if it was in Jean's school or Xavier, or Wolverine. All I know they were new xm in a individual groups (I think). They looked evil and not very friendly. That is why I asked cause I thought he looked evil together with his friends (or team). They were called Omega Gang.

#7 Edited by Squares (8397 posts) - - Show Bio

@flavalon: That's Xavier's, and that comic is nearly 10 years old now, if memory serves.

#8 Posted by Flavalon (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

@flavalon: That's Xavier's, and that comic is nearly 10 years old now, if memory serves.

Yes it is. That's why I don't remember very much.

#9 Posted by Squares (8397 posts) - - Show Bio

@flavalon said:

@squares said:

@flavalon: That's Xavier's, and that comic is nearly 10 years old now, if memory serves.

Yes it is. That's why I don't remember very much.

It's also like ten times better than anything Wolverine and the X-men could ever be, so that's kind of a shame.

#10 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5014 posts) - - Show Bio

@flavalon said:

This is the one I was reading back then. When they first came out just don't remember if it was in Jean's school or Xavier, or Wolverine. All I know they were new xm in a individual groups (I think). They looked evil and not very friendly. That is why I asked cause I thought he looked evil together with his friends (or team). They were called Omega Gang.

I don't think they were actually ever called the Omega Gang on panel.

As this image shows, they referred to themselves as the New X-Men, (a few years before the squad system was established that spawned the New X-Men, vol.2).

#11 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5014 posts) - - Show Bio

@squares said:

@flavalon: That's Xavier's, and that comic is nearly 10 years old now, if memory serves.

it's 11 years old, it's from 2003.

It's also like ten times better than anything Wolverine and the X-men could ever be, so that's kind of a shame.

I'm not disagreeing with your point (although, I wouldn't say "ever could be")..

..but I was just thinking they're actually more alike than most people seem to acknowledge.

#12 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7311 posts) - - Show Bio

What a mess.

#13 Posted by Squares (8397 posts) - - Show Bio

It's also like ten times better than anything Wolverine and the X-men could ever be, so that's kind of a shame.

I'm not disagreeing with your point (although, I wouldn't say "ever could be")..

..but I was just thinking they're actually more alike than most people seem to acknowledge.

Yeah, in some respects, I guess. I mean they both take place at a school full of people who are, for the most part, unqualified to be teachers, populated by students that, outside of a certain group of characters, rarely get any individual attention, the mutant gene is a thing virtually anyone could be born with and therefore demand for the school is, once again, extant (or at least will be), the Phoenix Force has been the focal point of some of the events of the series, the school's ability to retain funding still doesn't make much sense, the education received by the students is still more than likely to be incredibly sub-par, and then there's a bunch of minor similarities like they take place in the same location and retain some of the same student body, etc).

As an aside, am I the only one bothered by the fact that the kids in both schools likely never received a proper education and probably will be unable to pursue post-secondary education?