[Opinion] All Female X-Men Team new member?

• 60 results
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

@hawk2916 said:

@papad1992: trust me i'd love to see it and i saw that last scene. All im saying i havent seen any announcements about it since pad is leaving

I'm sure something will come out soon... all I saying is that it is HIGHLY likely that another series will be formed. Shatterstar and Rictor are still trapped in the "past," Wolfsbane seemingly retired, Strong Guy is the new Hell Lord, Polaris was imprisoned then later inducted into a "new team," and the fate of Siryn/Banshee, Darwin, M, Longshot, Layla, and Madrox is still in the air till the last couple of issues. I really think another series will be created. PAD is retiring, but that doesn't mean that the idea of X-Factor has to leave with him. It's a smart way to end his series nicely and pick up with a new one that would work off of his (much like what Remender's Uncanny X-Force transformed and splintered into other series).

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By HAWK2916

Yea, I agree there are a lot of unresolved issues, which I was hoping PAD would clear up before leaving. Especially the Siryn thing (though Im a bit biased because she happens to be one of my favorites)

In all honesty though I want Polaris, M and Banshee on another team. I've always felt that M would be perfect for Uncanny. Siryn would be too though she could also join Cable's Xforce. Polaris I want on the all female team or on a new team headed up by Cannonball. That would leave the rest of Xfactor plus maybe some other characters that don't get much exposure, like say: Karma, Northstar, Aurora, maybe even Nate Grey and Adam X.

Though Xfactor is great I just want some of the characters to be more mainstream in Uncanny and the adjectiveless Xmen books rather than being in an excellent book like Xfactor that is treated like it's B-list and maybe doesn't have the following the others do.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By GonnaRain

BotA could be the perfect scenario to bring Ruby to the 616 Universe. And after all we already got like all the Summers-Grey kids from many different timelines, it's only fair that we get at least one from Emma and Scott.

And she would make a great addition to the team. Like many already said, Wood's X-Men needs a bruiser, and if Rubys organic form is somwhat like her mothers, then she's got an insane durability, considerable strength, and freaking black lazors booooy!

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ruby would be awesome. In fact IMO Uncanny is a bit stagnant right now. Seems that Bendis is caught in between a so-called revolution and whatever the hell he's been writing about lately. It would shake it up a bit if Emma got pregnant or if Ruby managed to come from the future to join or help start the revolution

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Ruby would be awesome. In fact IMO Uncanny is a bit stagnant right now. Seems that Bendis is caught in between a so-called revolution and whatever the hell he's been writing about lately. It would shake it up a bit if Emma got pregnant or if Ruby managed to come from the future to join or help start the revolution

That would make sense to be honest, after all Ruby is a revolutionist as well, and is responsible (I would also include Layla tbh) for one that is actually quite important for Mutankind IIRC.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ageofhurricane: Haha that would be one of the few acceptable reasons to add a man to this team.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The crux of this team's dynamic is that they're all Claremazons who've served together at one point or another; Psylocke, Rogue and Storm, members of the ageless Outback era/team with Jubilee joining during that era--while Kitty and Rachel went to form Excalibur after. All being close because of the substantial cross-interactions with one another. They're a family.

Pixie and Bling! are good and feasible candidates.

And as has been stated above, the younger X-Men should have their own title instead of guilt-trip inclusions with the big leagues

yeah, I totally agree that the main reason this team works for me is that it just really makes sense, and it's for that reason that I think Pixie and especially Bling are the best, most likely candidates. Although, that said, I do think that Ganbit, Nightcrawler, and/or Wolverine would all fit with the vibe of these characters being a family just as well.

I also agree that the younger X-men should get there own book, but I certainly wouldn't mind if there was a little overlap between the two, the way there was between the X-men and New Mutants in the 80's, or the blue and gold teams in the nineties, since I've always enjoyed the dynamic of the junior and senior teams sharing the school. Mostly I just want to see more done with those characters.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@ageofhurricane said:

The crux of this team's dynamic is that they're all Claremazons who've served together at one point or another; Psylocke, Rogue and Storm, members of the ageless Outback era/team with Jubilee joining during that era--while Kitty and Rachel went to form Excalibur after. All being close because of the substantial cross-interactions with one another. They're a family.

Pixie and Bling! are good and feasible candidates.

And as has been stated above, the younger X-Men should have their own title instead of guilt-trip inclusions with the big leagues

yeah, I totally agree that the main reason this team works for me is that it just really makes sense, and it's for that reason that I think Pixie and especially Bling are the best, most likely candidates. Although, that said, I do think that Ganbit, Nightcrawler, and/or Wolverine would all fit with the vibe of these characters being a family just as well.

I also agree that the younger X-men should get there own book, but I certainly wouldn't mind if there was a little overlap between the two, the way there was between the X-men and New Mutants in the 80's, or the blue and gold teams in the nineties, since I've always enjoyed the dynamic of the junior and senior teams sharing the school. Mostly I just want to see more done with those characters.

Wolverine's scheduled to appear in three issues of this title--i think that's okay. I'd loveto see Kurt here, though. That would be so nostalgic.

Yeah, overlapping would be nice, but they need and deserve moar.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they really, REALLY have to add a guy to the team, Kurt or Colossus would be some awesome choices. Pretty much anyone but Wolverine.