[Opinion] All Female X-Men Team new member?

• 60 results
GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GonnaRain

I read in the November solicits that X-Men will be receiving a new member. So I've been thinking about possible choices and I would like to know who you guys believe will be the new chosen female to take part in the book.

I read on many sites that Jean is one of the possible choices, and I think, is she really? I mean, nothing against Jean, but X-Men have two telepaths already. Psylocke at least has more to add to the table, in fighting skills and what not, but Rachel does pretty much what Jean does, and she does it better (since Jean is not skilled yet of course). So adding Jean will be kind of repetitive if you ask me...

Now, seeing the current roster, it's pretty much composed of the X-Men most popular women. So, thinking about it, I really think that Emma could actually be a choice. In terms of personality, yes, she clashes with pretty much all of them, but that would add a nice touch to the book, it would be a chance for Emma to prove herself without having Cyke by her side. I see it as an excellent opportunity for some development without the need for a man.

And also, in terms of powers she will be bringing something different. Her Diamond Form gives her invulnerability pretty much none of the current members have, just like strength, and being around two powerful telepaths like Betsy and Rachel could actually help her to fix her powers in the long run.

I don't know, I may be biased since I love Emma and all, but I really see her a possible choice.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Are you sure the new member will be a woman? The series isn't called "All-Female X-Men", so could it be a man?

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mechem_93

I don't see neither Emma leaving Cyclops' team anytime soon nor Storm and the others welcoming her. She would be a nice addition though. Adult Jean would be the obvious choice if she wasn't dead. I think Omega sentinel will be the new member.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you sure the new member will be a woman? The series isn't called "All-Female X-Men", so could it be a man?

Well, that team was intended to star pretty much just women, or that's what I always thought and read everywhere. Having men making guest appearances is fine, but having them as permanent members would take away what make that book "unique". And worst, if they choose to add male members then it means it probably will star Wolverine and make the book something like "Wolverine and the girls".

I don't see neither Emma leaving Cyclops' team anytime soon nor Storm and the others welcoming her. She would be a nice addition though. Adult Jean would be the obvious choice if she wasn't dead. I think Omega sentinel will be the new member.

I thought about it, but I really believe that Battle of the Atom will be the opposite of Schism, and it will bring the X-Men together once again. The Schools will probably remain separated, but the X-Men will probably unite as a group once again.

And I really hope it's not Omega Sentinel, I would prefer someone like Pixie to be honest.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@gonnarain: I suppose they did turn it into quite a gimmick with the whole XX thing, and calling them X-Women in some of the solicits, so they'll probably try and keep it up for a bit longer.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tomasmaclgh

I thought about it, but I really believe that Battle of the Atom will be the opposite of Schism, and it will bring the X-Men together once again. The Schools will probably remain separated, but the X-Men will probably unite as a group once again.

The idea never crossed my mind. I like it (a lot) but I get the feeling that getting them back together without a period of "let's work stuff out" would make it seem rushed. Battle of the Atom could work as a nice starting point.

Avengers Academy ends in November, so maybe X-23? She and Jubilee are close. If not, Pixie or/and Mercury.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Well, that team was intended to star pretty much just women, or that's what I always thought and read everywhere. Having men making guest appearances is fine, but having them as permanent members would take away what make that book "unique". And worst, if they choose to add male members then it means it probably will star Wolverine and make the book something like "Wolverine and the girls".

So... um... no penes allowed, heh? I disagree this book can and will eventually have a male member (no pun intended). Nothing much would change if a guy would come along. Mr. Wood loves them girls (and who could blame him).

I feel kinda dirty now. ewwh.

Anyway, no one is really threatened by Shogo, right? Sublime could fit into the group. Especially if he is making passes at Rachel. Karima is also another strong candidate.

Let's just wait and see.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By oldnightcrawler

so, nobody thinks it's going to be Bling?

No Caption Provided

really?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

really?

more then likely but that doesn't have much shock value after reading the first three issues lol, i think people dont like the logical ;D

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Ellie_Knightfall

X-23....one can hope

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gonnarain said:

The idea never crossed my mind. I like it (a lot) but I get the feeling that getting them back together without a period of "let's work stuff out" would make it seem rushed. Battle of the Atom could work as a nice starting point.

Avengers Academy ends in November, so maybe X-23? She and Jubilee are close. If not, Pixie or/and Mercury.

Exactly that. I don't think it will be automatic, but that it will be the starting point, that's why I believe the schools will remain separated, at least for a time.

And I didn't think of Laura, but now that you mentioned it, that would be awesome.

@gonnarain said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

So... um... no penes allowed, heh? I disagree this book can and will eventually have a male member (no pun intended). Nothing much would change if a guy would come along. Mr. Wood loves them girls (and who could blame him).

I feel kinda dirty now. ewwh.

Anyway, no one is really threatened by Shogo, right? Sublime could fit into the group. Especially if he is making passes at Rachel. Karima is also another strong candidate.

Let's just wait and see.

Sin penes mi estimado.

I don't know. I still see it with males making just guest appearances and that's it, with females being the protagonists.

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mechem_93

@gonnarain said:

@mechem_93 said:

I hope so! I'm tired of the stupid schism.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sin penes mi estimado.

lol... Qué lástima!

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

X-23 is who Im thinking of. Though im still holding out hope that we get a New Xmen book with Hellion,Surge, X-23 ,Dust and Mercury along with maybe Armor and Pixie and Rockslide. That said.

I think it could be either

X-23

Frenzy (my favorite choice actually, they gotta do something with her)

Polaris (just a thought)

Armor

Maybe way off here, but Im hoping for Ruby Summers.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

That'd be nice. I'd hate to see her forgotten so soon.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I would like to see M included on a high profile X-Men team.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

X-23 is who Im thinking of. Though im still holding out hope that we get a New Xmen book with Hellion,Surge, X-23 ,Dust and Mercury along with maybe Armor and Pixie and Rockslide. That said.

I think it could be either

X-23

Polaris (just a thought)

Armor

Unless she appears in BotA (which I guess is quite unlikely), I don't really see it happening, but it certainly would be incredibly cool. Would be my favourite choice along with Emma.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HAWK2916

M would be so cool on any team. I really wanted her in Uncanny but she would also be great on this team. Her and Dani Moonstar are my favorites and I kinda want them on the same team but either of these two would be cool with me

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

really?

I agree with this... too many hints, and possible foreshadowing, in the first few issues for the newest member not to be Bling!

If Bling! isn't the candidate Wood has in mind... then I'd rather have Frenzy, or Mercury, or Dust, or Hepzibah, or Omega Sentinel (another obvious choice), or Pixie, or Magma, or Lifeguard, or Ariel.

Cecilia Reyes is a character that I think would fit perfectly with this group of gals. Since Astonishing X-Men is ending, it only makes sense.

I believe that characters from the X-Factor-universe (Polaris, M, Layla Miller, Wolfsbane, and Siryn/Banshee) are off limits, even though their series is cancelled, another series is in the works and they, as a team, have unfinished business. Then there is X-23, who will not fit in with the type of "feeling" Wood is creating.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

really?

I agree with this... too many hints, and possible foreshadowing, in the first few issues for the newest member not to be Bling!

she's been a central supporting character so far, and even saved her team.

and I feel like Wood likes her, since he singled her out for a supporting role in Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha & Omega, seemingly arbitrarily.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

really?

she's been a central supporting character so far, and even saved her team.

and I feel like Wood likes her, since he singled her out for a supporting role in Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha & Omega, seemingly arbitrarily.

I love Bling! too, but (I haven't read Alpha & Omega in awhile) I don't remember Bling! as a central member of that story. Regardless, I have a strong feeling it's going to be Bling!. Finally, since her creation, she'll get another chance running around with the X-Men where she deserves.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Bling! too, but (I haven't read Alpha & Omega in awhile) I don't remember Bling! as a central member of that story. Regardless, I have a strong feeling it's going to be Bling!. Finally, since her creation, she'll get another chance running around with the X-Men where she deserves.

yeah, she wasn't really a central member in Alpha and Omega, but she probably had, like, the 5th most important role.

I just read it recently, actually, and remember thinking it was interesting that she was the character Wood decided to use in that role.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

How did I forget about Ms. Cargill?! Strong second choice.

@hawk2916 said:

I'm still waiting for the issue when Emma says she's pregnant with Scott's child.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@papad1992 said:

yeah, she wasn't really a central member in Alpha and Omega, but she probably had, like, the 5th most important role.

I just read it recently, actually, and remember thinking it was interesting that she was the character Wood decided to use in that role.

i remember thinking the same thing, so yea Maybe it is the obvious, though i seen alot of people mention Frenzy and thats a great idea

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

My guess is Karima or Pixie. I'd like to see Domino, but CaXF probably means that's not gonna happen.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

There is a reason for everything... The "power upgrade" (I'll call it that because Wood really revolutionized her powers, without really showing us anything) that Bling! showcased during her appearances in Wood's series is definitely foreshadowing some things to come.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still waiting for the issue when Emma says she's pregnant with Scott's child.

I've been expecting this to happen ever since they broke up..

@mcklayn said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

yeah, (Bling) wasn't really a central member in Alpha and Omega, but she probably had, like, the 5th most important role.I just read it recently, actually, and remember thinking it was interesting that she was the character Wood decided to use in that role.

i remember thinking the same thing, so yea Maybe it is the obvious, though i seen alot of people mention Frenzy and thats a great idea

I think Bling's most likely (and I think that would be kind of perfect), but Frenzy could be cool.

I'm kinda digging her in Legacy, recently.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

I wouldn't mind Porlais making the team.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Mercury, please!

(Although I'm assuming it's Bl!ng. Still a good addition).

My favourite current member is Kitty.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By Silver_Raven

I feel Dazzler should be on this team to complete the 80's Dream Team. All her friends are on X-men and they could use a token blonde. She does not need to be over on Scott's Blonde Brigade.

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Madelyne Pryor or Wanda.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HAWK2916

@oldnightcrawler said:

No Caption Provided

really?

If Bling! isn't the candidate Wood has in mind... then I'd rather have Frenzy, or Mercury, or Dust, or Hepzibah, or Omega Sentinel (another obvious choice), or Pixie, or Magma, or Lifeguard, or Ariel.

Cecilia Reyes is a character that I think would fit perfectly with this group of gals. Since Astonishing X-Men is ending, it only makes sense.

I believe that characters from the X-Factor-universe (Polaris, M, Layla Miller, Wolfsbane, and Siryn/Banshee) are off limits, even though their series is cancelled, another series is in the works and they, as a team, have unfinished business. Then there is X-23, who will not fit in with the type of "feeling" Wood is creating.

Where did you read that they would have another series?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@papad1992 said:

Have you been reading X-Factor lately!? It's strongly hinted that another government-sponsored team of X-Factor will be recycled and used again. So far a mysterious government man has recruited Polaris.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@hawk2916 said:

@papad1992 said:

Have you been reading X-Factor lately!? It's strongly hinted that another government-sponsored team of X-Factor will be recycled and used again. So far a mysterious government man has recruited Polaris.

That would be really cool if Polaris is the star of the next X-Factor! It's about time she get her time in the spotlight. (And I don't even like her but I respect her as the second X-woman.)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

@silver_raven: Well that sounds good. If Porlais is the focuse, then I'm going to read it.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lykopis

@oldnightcrawler:

I agree with you about Bling -- all hints point to that direction (nice jacket on her...)

@gonnarain:

I would love to see Emma here. I really, really would. Precisely what the character needs (plus it gets her away from Bendis).

@ellie_knightfall said:

X-23....one can hope

Even though something tells me it ain't gonna happen, I still am hoping for that. That Wolverine mentioned how close Jubilee and Laura are in the recent Avengers Arena, I can see Laura wanting to come to the aid of her friend -- especially one who has a baby son in her care.

@lorex said:

I would like to see M included on a high profile X-Men team.

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@gonnarain: I suppose they did turn it into quite a gimmick with the whole XX thing, and calling them X-Women in some of the solicits, so they'll probably try and keep it up for a bit longer.

I do remember reading somewhere where they intend to keep this a female only team - I will try to find the source. Not too sure how I feel about that.

If I were to choose someone who the team needs through the lense of power and ability only, Pixie would be ideal for transportation purposes. It makes the most sense. While I like Monet, she doesn't really fit the dynamic of the team and while Dazzler would be awesome, she's already "taken" ala Bendisitis so waddaya gonna do.

Oh -- and Dust. (Mercury too) but I still have hope there will be another team in the horizon for the students in Jean Grey's Institute who should have graduated a long, LONG time ago (hint hint Hellion and gang)

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

@hawk2916 said:

@papad1992 said:

That would be really cool if Polaris is the star of the next X-Factor! It's about time she get her time in the spotlight. (And I don't even like her but I respect her as the second X-woman.)

She has been on the team since March 2012 (part of the Regenesis movement) and after Havok left, she sort of became the unofficial/official leader. Recently, her team is still split-up from their battle with Mephisto and she goes to a bar drinking, causing trouble, till Quicksilver shows up and a fight ensues. In the end Polaris is taken away and when she wakes up in a cell, a government agent recruits her to join a government-sponsored X-Factor team. So I'd say she's been in the spotlight for awhile now.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By AgeofHurricane

As long as the next addition isn't an addition for the sake of addition. Mercury, for example, sounds stupid, if Roxanne's not their first. Her current role as supporting cast memb. is good enough as is. She, and many others, don't fit that sisterly dynamic that's present.

The crux of this team's dynamic is that they're all Claremazons who've served together at one point or another; Psylocke, Rogue and Storm, members of the ageless Outback era/team with Jubilee joining during that era--while Kitty and Rachel went to form Excalibur after. All being close because of the substantial cross-interactions with one another. They're a family.

Dazzler, Emma (ever since Wood's previous run and his rendition of Ororo, i always wanted to see his version of Emma Frost--judging by his Psylocke, i believe he'd bring her to as close as she can currently get, to her glory days of British snark), Pixie and Bling! are good and feasible candidates.

And as has been stated above, the younger X-Men should have their own title instead of guilt-trip inclusions with the big leagues, if not just take over the entire line--which they will, one day. :P

I'd much prefer Laura Kinney to stay away and take occasional visits to Jubes and Shogo--but she's a potential candidate as either Wood or Jeanine gave the cliche "wait and see!" line in regards to her.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's been enough hints dropped that the following cast member will be Bling, but part of me would like to see him bring Colossus back into the fold. Why? He has a flair for writing Storm and Colossus in 616 as well as Ultimate. The slap fight from last year kind of sucked.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's been enough hints dropped that the following cast member will be Bling, but part of me would like to see him bring Colossus back into the fold. Why? He has a flair for writing Storm and Colossus in 616 as well as Ultimate. The slap fight from last year kind of sucked.

lol! He's one of the only, if not the only, male character that'd fit in this team and i'd want written by Wood. Especially since none of what happened last year was resolved.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

1. Bling! - I think it'd be cool to have a younger X-Woman take a role on the team. She's spunky, but has a different kind of youthful energy than Jubilee, Kitty, and Armor before her.

2. M - Monet is one of the few post-Claremont Clamezons and she'd fit extraordinarily on this team. Her and Jubilee's relationship is pure magic and I think seeing her work under strong female leadership (as opposed to clueless Madrox and unstable Polaris & Siryn) would be great. I could see her respecting Kitty and butting heads with several of the other women while of course being a perfect soldier. Plus, PAD brought a lot of attention to M but I think recent take on the character is indicating a good time to change hands.

3. Omega Sentinel - I'm never that enthused about this character, but recent writers keep on nudging me to her direction. I'm ready to see her full-time.

Dazzler Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Frenzy would be interesting choices as well.

I love Emma and I love the idea of her on a team with these girls, but she doesn't fit to the vibe this team seems to have going. She's snarky like M, but I think even chilly Monet is more willing to be a comrade than Miss Frost. Frost really works well as an occasional and somewhat isolated foil.

Aside from more random choices, Polaris or X-23 are the only ones I'd rather not see. I just have never cared for them.

Scoey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see a man on the team, I think it would add some cool dynamic.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scoey:

Yeah...they'd need someone to baby-sit Shogo when Jubilee's not around.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HAWK2916

@papad1992 said:

@hawk2916 said:

@papad1992 said:

Ive read it but I didn't really take it that another book would be created. Though its not a bad idea

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@silver_raven said:

@papad1992 said:

@hawk2916 said:

@papad1992 said:

Ive read it but I didn't really take it that another book would be created. Though its not a bad idea

Really!? You didn't get that another book would resurface from the cancellation of this book? I thought that it was implied, seeing as how Polaris was lead off-panel with a man talking about starting another X-Factor team.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

they should add Lifeguard, with her powerset she'd be invaluable to the team

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992: trust me i'd love to see it and i saw that last scene. All im saying i havent seen any announcements about it since pad is leaving

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

After reading the prefiew for issue 4, which made me so excited that I can't tell lol, I'd love to see Emma on the team, but I'm a fan of her so I'm a bit biased. Anyway, after BOTA if they'd bring back Ruby(I know they won't but it would be the cooleet thing ever), then she'd be perfect and she has a good powerset different from the others shown in the book. Bling or Frenzy would be cool, too, the team needs some bruisers. Having M wouldn't work for me, and we don't need another telepath as much as I like her. So I hope it's Frenzy or Bling, or Emma of course but it's not likely to happen.