#1 Edited by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OWNED !!!

Damn man. I gott admit, I really underestimated the Cuckoos. The way they handed Jean's ass to her was just hilarious. Wow, the 3 of them are POWERFUL lol.

Also, Jean was very much in need of some schooling at the hands of the Cuckoos. Emma & the cuckoos were right in calling out the Great Saint Jean Grey. BTW, I think there was a small picture of Rachel's eyes ( look at the mark under the eye ) during the scrap between the teams. If so, then nice to know that there still remains one SANE telepath around with the ability to counter Jean after the Cuckoos left.

Unfortunately, TBH i think that was the highlight of the issue. After that it feels just "meh" to me, including Mystique's hijinks & the Jean-Kitty conversation.

OK, the O5 have been pulled into the future, Yay ! Now it's becoming a gimmick and too drawn out. Time for them to get the *&$% back to their own time.

#2 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, the hilarious moment that the Cuckoos put Jean to shame was priceless....and I say that as a Jean Grey fan.

#3 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx: Yup. It was also very well deserved. Jean needed to learn the hard way that she just can't brute-force her way through anyone's mind when things arent going her way.

And young cyclops should have gone with his older self. Holy shit, Mystique was 100% correct about the school being a pale shodow of it's former self when she talked to him. He should not remain in that mutant circus anymore lol.

#4 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god, I forgot this had to come out today lol

#5 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx: Yup. It was also very well deserved. Jean needed to learn the hard way that she just can't brute-force her way through anyone's mind when things arent going her way.

And young cyclops should have gone with his older self. Holy shit, Mystique was 100% correct about the school being a pale shodow of it's former self when she talked to him. He should not remain in that mutant circus anymore lol.

Yes, Emma was right when she told Logan that Jean needed to learn a lesson. You can't just use your TP like that, and not expect another TP to say "Stop that crap."

That's why he is still there. Young Cyke wants to restore things to how they were meant to be including the school.

#6 Posted by time (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Rachel in all this, why is she not in All new X-Men, she should be reunited with her mother and she be guiding young Jean Grey. If Emma can have daughter, why can't Jean have hers.

#7 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: This was addressed in the recent Wolverine and the X-Men Story. She is currently in Madripoor looking for the Hellfire Brats which could mean she doesn't even know the O5 are there.

#8 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha: You missed out on some Solid Emma goodness. lol

#9 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

damn it lol I'll download it from the Marvel Store immediatelly

#10 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

You should enjoy it. Emma owns Logan with merely words which was better than Magneto slamming Logan head first into the ground.

#11 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

You should enjoy it. Emma owns Logan with merely words which was better than Magneto slamming Logan head first into the ground.

Sold.

#12 Posted by time (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

Typical marvel, have summers and grey family all around, but none of them really talking. Cyclops appear in Cable and the X-Force, but wasn't really much of a reunion. Rachel should be guiding her mother, she would do better job at it then kitty. Although I do like friendship between kitty and Jean, Rachel would of protected Jean from the cuckoo's. Typical Marvel loved to put Jean Grey character through the mud, they been doing for past 12 years.

#13 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm completely in love with Immonen's art, especially the way he draws Emma and the Cuckoos.

But anyways, I think we can all agree that the Cuckoos owning Jean Grey was actually the very highlight of this issue. It was long overdue, and she did need to learn that lesson. It just makes me angry that, aside from Kitty, most of the staff (Logan, Storm and Beast) seem to just fault the Uncanny Team of everything wrong, and pretty much any action they make is reprehensible, but then we have Jean Grey mind controlling one of their own and they just start screaming AT the Cuckoos when they decide to stop her...

Double standarts anyone?

#14 Posted by time (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure why people are giving Jean Grey grief in the first place, Emma and thr cuckoo's have doing that for years, controlling people. Emma particular.

That to me, is what you called Double Standards.

#15 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: I hate Bendis for making me like this.

I'm completely in love with Immonen's art, especially the way he draws Emma and the Cuckoos.

But anyways, I think we can all agree that the Cuckoos owning Jean Grey was actually the very highlight of this issue. It was long overdue, and she did need to learn that lesson. It just makes me angry that, aside from Kitty, most of the staff (Logan, Storm and Beast) seem to just fault the Uncanny Team of everything wrong, and pretty much any action they make is reprehensible, but then we have Jean Grey mind controlling one of their own and they just start screaming AT the Cuckoos when they decide to stop her...

Double standarts anyone?

I agree with this. Jean's lack of telepathic guidance shows that she is just as capable of abusing this gift as anyone else. She needed to be brought down a peg, and it was totally justified.

#16 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@veitha said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

Sold.

oh god, I'm litterally dying coz my internet connection doesn't work and it's the third time I tried to download it without succed

#17 Edited by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@veitha said:

@thegreyoutcastx said:

Sold.

oh god, I'm litterally dying coz my internet connection doesn't work and it's the third time I tried to download it without succed

#18 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha: :(

@thegreyoutcastx: Just read it...holy hell, that's actually a great issue. I LOVE how he wrote Jean (not much of a Jean fan at all). He's showing her flaws, which she should definitely have at that age and situation.

#19 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

Not sure why people are giving Jean Grey grief in the first place, Emma and thr cuckoo's have doing that for years, controlling people. Emma particular.

That to me, is what you called Double Standards.

I was talking mostly about the JSG's staff hypocrisy towards pretty much any action from the Uncanny Team.

Your point is valid, but the difference I find between Emma/Cuckoos and Jean Grey is that Emma and the girls were never catalogued as "saints", as "role models", held up high like most of the X-Men did with Jean Grey, and they never acted like it, they never tried to pose as moral Saints.

And still I don't remember any of them, or Emma at least, controlling a teammate (which I could be wrong of course, there's a lot I haven't read yet on the X-Men) in such a way. And if they did, it's as reprehensible as what Jean did in this issue.

#20 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha: Oh man, that sucks. D:

@mercy_: Yea, I am like how he showed Jean as not the Madonna figure of perfection she is always shown as. I like that she is as flawed as everyone, and when she screws up....it blows up in her face big time. Also liked how Warren is the only O5 to actually have a mind of his own.

#21 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, I forgot. Jean's little talk with Kitty was pretty nice, specially the Spidey's reference. I liked how real they seemed, and that maybe Jean finally learned that what she did was wrong.

#22 Edited by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx: My dislike for Jean has always stemmed from her being treated as a holy saint who can do no wrong in everything with her that I've read. That and the fact that the PF is just a terrible plot-induced mechanism (except for when Rachel had the echo). So this issue, pointing out her flaws and having her go through growing pains, so to speak, was a great read.

I liked that about Warren, too. I also like how the Uncanny team continues to be in the right.

#23 Posted by time (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

I can understand why Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Beast and Kitty are angry at Cyclops team, Cyclops mainly.n

Cyclops did actually kill Charles Xavier in front of them and then he goes and names the school after him. Not suprised the older X-Men are angry at him. Not mention he recuiting new mutants, teaching them about there powers and teaching them to fight back. How is going to protected these students if he more if a target then they are. The Government after them, the Avengers are after them, i wouldn't be suprised if the other X-Men go after him. What happen if one of these students kills a human being, that would make things worse for the mutant race.

#24 Edited by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: @thegreyoutcastx: I was finally able to download it lol... and it was a great issue!

Finally someone is showing Jean Bloody Grey that she can't just use her telepathy against other as she likes... Adult Jean did that to Emma in all NXM, now Young Jean is doing the same, she deserved that lesson, and Emma deserved that little revenge against her.

@mercy_ said:

@thegreyoutcastx: My dislike for Jean has always stemmed from her being treated as a holy saint who can do no wrong in everything with her that I've read. That and the fact that the PF is just a terrible plot-induced mechanism (except for when Rachel had the echo). So this issue, pointing out her flaws and having her go through growing pains, so to speak, was a great read.

I liked that about Warren, too. I also like how the Uncanny team continues to be in the right.

Yeah, that was the best part of this issue. And, it's hard to admit, but I'm starting to like Jean a bit lol or at least I like how Bendis writes her.

The remaining Original X-Men are lucky anyway, since Kitty is teaching them and helping them to grow up, she's one of the few people at the JGS who is able to think with her own head and who doesn't do whatever Captain America and the Avengers say, and she seem also to understand how the Uncanny team is feeling and why they act this way right now. An Emma/Kitty's school should be great

#25 Edited by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX

Man, that's TWICE in a row that Jean's controlled poor Warren's mind. If there was a reason for him NOT switching to the Uncanny ( and better ) team, now it doesn't exist. IMHO, if Bendis wants us to keep enjoying ANXM as much as UXM ( speaking for myself at least. This issue to me was done and complete after the Cuckoo-Jean fight. The rest just felt shoved in and pointless. The points had already been made.), he should put young Scott on UXM team as well.

I mean, it's completely senseless that the most moral and level-headed team member of the O5 ( Scott) is not getting sick of the JGS' BLATANT hypocrisy. Scott needs to switch sides, or at least leave the JGS. He doesn't belong here anymore. Even his best friend ( at the O5 Era it was Warren ) told him that he likes what Scott has grown up to become more than the school's BS. What more do you want for Scott to leave ?

Oh wait, yeah. There's one thing. The family re-union with Alex, Cable and Rachel. But that can happen in Uncanny as well ;)

@veitha NVM you read it already...

#26 Edited by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@avenger85 said:

Yes, Emma was right when she told Logan that Jean needed to learn a lesson. You can't just use your TP like that, and not expect another TP to say "Stop that crap."

That's why he is still there. Young Cyke wants to restore things to how they were meant to be including the school.

Well good luck to Cyclops trying to change that house of hypocrites to what it once was. LOL that isn't happening anytime soon, and Bendis needs to pull Cyke out of there ASAP.

Sitting in that mutant circus trying to bring about change, especially to what things were is just a waste of time & energy for Cyke. He should go with his older self and actually start getting things DONE.

#27 Posted by time (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Storm,kitty and Iceman hypocrites. I do find strange that people don't find it wierd what cyclops is doing, he not doing the right thing. infact in makes no sense in what he doing. Jean Grey doesn't deserve any revenge from Emma Frost. If people actually believe that, like ask have you been reading X-Men comics over last 12 year. Jean has treated poorly by Marvel for 12 years, while that happen Emma Frost has benefited from it. If anyone deserve respect it's Jean Grey, Jean does deserves to get revenge on Emma Frost.

#28 Edited by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

How is Storm,kitty and Iceman hypocrites. I do find strange that people don't find it wierd what cyclops is doing, he not doing the right thing. infact in makes no sense in what he doing. Jean Grey doesn't deserve any revenge from Emma Frost. If people actually believe that, like ask have you been reading X-Men comics over last 12 year. Jean has treated poorly by Marvel for 12 years, while that happen Emma Frost has benefited from it. If anyone deserve respect it's Jean Grey, Jean does deserves to get revenge on Emma Frost.

I see you still have your anti-Emma bias, time.

Let it go lol.

#29 Posted by time (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

No I don't, what your saying makes no sense. How is Storm, kitty and iceman hypocrites by the way.

#30 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: They're hypocrites because, firstly, they blame Cyclops for killing Xavier in SELF-DEFENSE, that too when possessed by an all-powerful entity that made him lose control over himself, while not doing anything about the thousands of mutant whose death Scarlet Witch caused. Why didnt they attack the Avengers for it ?

Secondly, they think Cyclops is wrong for fighting for the survival of mutantkind, by teaching young mutants how to defend themselves. Instead of supporting Scott in his fight for mutant survival and basic rights, they hate him becaue of the above mentioned incident, forgetting all the sacrifices he has made in the past.

And when Jean first mind controlled Warren, no one did anything about that. They just let her go free without any repercussions. They were too busy sitting around gawping at their revered Saint Jean who came back from the dead, even made her leader when she clearly is not capable of being one, while Scott's team was actually out there, fighting for their species. And they still hate him.

So yeah. They are hypocrites. And yes, you are very biased against Emma Frost.

#31 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

If this was adult Jean, we would still be dealing with the Mutant Mother Theresa herself. Luckily we have a kid with phenomenal power yet no real skill in it. And thank god that Wanda is in the next issue, It will be epic especially based on this:

Wanda is so screwed.

@avenger85: Poor Warren. First he sees himself in the future as a shell of himself, then mind messed by Jean twice. Poor bastard needs to invest in some telepathic resistance. Kinda wonder what Betsy would think if she saw Young Warren and what Jean has done to him. The problem with two Scott's one the same team is that it doesn't help team synergy. It would cause one of them to get more characterization than the other and the way Bendis has it now is perfect cause it helps contrast where Scott was and where he is now.

#32 Posted by God_Spawn (38302 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain:

And still I don't remember any of them, or Emma at least, controlling a teammate (which I could be wrong of course, there's a lot I haven't read yet on the X-Men) in such a way

She's done it before. I think it was in Uncanny X-Men 492, she erased any objections from Madrox and Rictor's mind so they would come to the mansion. Some issue during Whedon's Astonishing X-Men she had some. She infiltrated Beast's mind and told Wolverine to get Hank to get rid of a sample. She telepathically controlled Beast and Wolverine to stop fighting by making them bow IIRC and also threatened she was going to make them tango if they didn't get to the Danger Room. There are more, but that's all I got off the top of my head and late at night.

Now you know some instances.

#33 Posted by Dernman (15711 posts) - - Show Bio

Man the Kool-Aid in this thread is flowing big time.

#34 Edited by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85 said:

@veitha NVM you read it already...

New X Men 139 came out about about ten years ago

@thegreyoutcastx: that scene with Wanda is gonna be great, thank you for posting it.

@time said:

Well Jean has sent her into a coma and she has humiliated her using Phoenix Force, Jean didn't die because of Emma, while Emma was injuried by her twice, so, yes Emma Frost deserves to get revenge on Jean.

@avenger85 said:

@time: They're hypocrites because, firstly, they blame Cyclops for killing Xavier in SELF-DEFENSE, that too when possessed by an all-powerful entity that made him lose control over himself, while not doing anything about the thousands of mutant whose death Scarlet Witch caused. Why didnt they attack the Avengers for it ?

Secondly, they think Cyclops is wrong for fighting for the survival of mutantkind, by teaching young mutants how to defend themselves. Instead of supporting Scott in his fight for mutant survival and basic rights, they hate him becaue of the above mentioned incident, forgetting all the sacrifices he has made in the past.

And when Jean first mind controlled Warren, no one did anything about that. They just let her go free without any repercussions. They were too busy sitting around gawping at their revered Saint Jean who came back from the dead, even made her leader when she clearly is not capable of being one, while Scott's team was actually out there, fighting for their species. And they still hate him.

So yeah. They are hypocrites. And yes, you are very biased against Emma Frost.

Amen. If Emma or the Cuckoos had done something like that to an X-Men member they would have attacked her, but when Jean does it's just because "she is young, she's gone through a lot of things recently, let's let her mind controll everyone as she wishes instead of teaching her she's not doing the right thing". As I said, Kitty is the only person at the school with a bit of intelligence and who isn't as hypocrite as the others.

#35 Posted by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha: when I said 'NVM you read it already' I meant ANXM 11. I was gonna explain the Emma-Logan conversation & scene with the Cuckoos in a bit more detail, but then I noticed that you posted that you've just read the issue lol...

#36 Edited by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha: when I said 'NVM you read it already' I meant ANXM 11. I was gonna explain the Emma-Logan conversation & scene with the Cuckoos in a bit more detail, but then I noticed that you posted that you've just read the issue lol...

oh, okay then :)

#37 Posted by God_Spawn (38302 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

You know what, Dern!!??

#38 Posted by Dernman (15711 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

You know what, Dern!!??

Fine you win. Here is your tall glass of Kool Aid. Drink up.

#39 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@gonnarain:

And still I don't remember any of them, or Emma at least, controlling a teammate (which I could be wrong of course, there's a lot I haven't read yet on the X-Men) in such a way

She's done it before. I think it was in Uncanny X-Men 492, she erased any objections from Madrox and Rictor's mind so they would come to the mansion. Some issue during Whedon's Astonishing X-Men she had some. She infiltrated Beast's mind and told Wolverine to get Hank to get rid of a sample. She telepathically controlled Beast and Wolverine to stop fighting by making them bow IIRC and also threatened she was going to make them tango if they didn't get to the Danger Room. There are more, but that's all I got off the top of my head and late at night.

Now you know some instances.

Thank you. And still not really surprised to be honest, and that's why I really wasn't sure, after all Emma has never been the morally correct when it comes to the use of TP. Anyways, I don't approve of that kind of use of TP, just like I believe what Jean did was wrong, but again, the difference, at least for me, and the reason why I don't like Jean that much, is because, unlike Emma, she was always portrayed as a Saint.

I don't know, I guess that's why I'm starting to like this Jean better, making mistakes, getting "punished", and learning from them, or at least it seems like it.

#40 Edited by Avenger85 (2017 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL there must have been riots on the CBR forums yesterday, due to the events of this issue.

#41 Edited by The_Goddess_of_Chaos (315 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_ said:

If this was adult Jean, we would still be dealing with the Mutant Mother Theresa herself. Luckily we have a kid with phenomenal power yet no real skill in it. And thank god that Wanda is in the next issue, It will be epic especially based on this:

Wanda is so screwed.

@avenger85: Poor Warren. First he sees himself in the future as a shell of himself, then mind messed by Jean twice. Poor bastard needs to invest in some telepathic resistance. Kinda wonder what Betsy would think if she saw Young Warren and what Jean has done to him. The problem with two Scott's one the same team is that it doesn't help team synergy. It would cause one of them to get more characterization than the other and the way Bendis has it now is perfect cause it helps contrast where Scott was and where he is now.

cool the pics with wanda and jean......i wonder if they would fight like the old days....lol

#42 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be good. If Jean somehow humiliates Wanda, I will start liking her...

And it's not that I dislike Wanda, but I think she deserves more than what little she got in response to decimating most of the Mutant race.

#44 Posted by TheFool (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, what X-book hasn't showcased an ineffectual Avengers team thus far? Seriously. And why are the Uncanny Avengers coming to shut down the team that Wolverine is on? It would seem with SHIELD being attacked, Mastermind getting out and now Stark has his property attacked by a team of mutants led by a 100 year old hero on two Avengers teams? My disbelief-suspenders hath snapped.

#45 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a pretty epic issue... The "fight" is what the issue awesome!

#46 Posted by Farkam (5275 posts) - - Show Bio

I despise the Stepford Cuckoos but there is hardly anything worse than Jean Grey. I never have liked her, even before she became a broken god-mode bore of a character. While I don't agree with Cyclops antics, though I do understand them, If I was Warren I'd probably react the same with that broad being a control freak. Regardless, it's been a long time coming. She deserved the lashing. Hope Summers needs to be humiliated next, and harshly.

#47 Posted by xmentas (175 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

Typical marvel, have summers and grey family all around, but none of them really talking. Cyclops appear in Cable and the X-Force, but wasn't really much of a reunion. Rachel should be guiding her mother, she would do better job at it then kitty. Although I do like friendship between kitty and Jean, Rachel would of protected Jean from the cuckoo's. Typical Marvel loved to put Jean Grey character through the mud, they been doing for past 12 years.

This was such a dissapointment to me that I gave up on Cable and X altogether.