• 51 results
adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By adamTRMM

What other characters that are not mutants would you like to interact, work, have adventures, date, clash, become bff or whatever with an X-man or the X-men?

Humans, superhumans, Eternals, Inhumans, androids, aliens, concepts, gods?

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By EC2277

Occasionally?

All of them.

Constantly?

No one: the X-Men are mutant and they have to be the team of the mutants. Only in particylary circumstances it's possible make an exception, like Wasp, who is the Havok's wife, or Warlock, which was found by the new mutants.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By oldnightcrawler
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm

Short hand?

The Higher Evolutionary

Norman Osborn (because corporate enemies are great)

Wasp.....she's grown on me in spite of myself

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldnightcrawler
No Caption Provided

@koays: @ec2277:

I also like Havok with Wasp, and I really do think their relationship makes both of them a lot more interesting, but not so much that I really think Wasp (even with Havok) would add that much as a member of the X-men.

But then, Havok's always been a character I was sort of ambivalent about as an X-man. I like the two of them as Avengers, and I might like them together on another team just as much, but even if Havok returned to the X-men, I think I'd rather they weren't both on the team. They can be married and be on different teams, right? That might even be more interesting..

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I also like Havok with Wasp, and I really do think their relationship makes both of them a lot more interesting, but not so much that I really think Wasp (even with Havok) would add that much as a member of the X-men.

But then, Havok's always been a character I was sort of ambivalent about as an X-man. I like the two of them as Avengers, and I might like them together on another team just as much, but even if Havok returned to the X-men, I think I'd rather they weren't both on the team. They can be married and be on different teams, right? That might even be more interesting..

Yea, I sort of agree in that Havok rejoining the X-Men to me would just be shrug worthy (i even shrugged when he came from space an joined X-Factor) but I think having him and Wasp together sort of increases the interest in him if he were to comeback.

Like say he comes back and decides their both going to live at the JGS. Or even they come to the X-Men because certain blue furred members (and the team as a whole really) are more willing to risk life, limb and the timeline in order to save their daughter then the Avengers might be. I mean there story already seems very X-Menish (Cable almost completely) and i'd like to see it resolved in a X-titlle, but coming to the X-Men through something like marriage just seems more organic to me then most ways to drag the X-Men closer to the marvel universe.

I still don't see where exactly they'd contribute... but I just like the idea of Wasp adapting to the X-Men, or Avengers coming to the mansion for Wasp and that being the way X-Men get involved in an crossover..

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Yea, I sort of agree in that Havok rejoining the X-Men to me would just be shrug worthy (i even shrugged when he came from space an joined X-Factor) but I think having him and Wasp together sort of increases the interest in him if he were to comeback.

Like say he comes back and decides their both going to live at the JGS. Or even they come to the X-Men because certain blue furred members (and the team as a whole really) are more willing to risk life, limb and the timeline in order to save their daughter then the Avengers might be. I mean there story already seems very X-Menish (Cable almost completely) and i'd like to see it resolved in a X-titlle, but coming to the X-Men through something like marriage just seems more organic to me then most ways to drag the X-Men closer to the marvel universe.

I still don't see where exactly they'd contribute... but I just like the idea of Wasp adapting to the X-Men, or Avengers coming to the mansion for Wasp and that being the way X-Men get involved in an crossover..

decent points, for sure.

But there's also the thing where now both Havok and Wasp have these story threads involving Kang and Immortus, who are both pretty solidly parts of the Avengers mythos. I don't think the Avengers would lose much in Wasp or the X-men would lose much in Havok, but I feel like characters who's stories have to do with Kang and/or Immortus should be doing so in Avengers stories (even if those stories do include some X-men).

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle

@koays: Honest question--Whatever happened to Polaris?? Her and Havok just ended it?? How and why?? I could google it, but, nah, f*ck it.....

At any rate, I am shocked that X-Men fans that grew up with 90s comics and uphold that stuff as law didn't blow their brains out at this development..."how dare anything be different...ever!!"

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

decent points, for sure.

But there's also the thing where now both Havok and Wasp have these story threads involving Kang and Immortus, who are both pretty solidly parts of the Avengers mythos. I don't think the Avengers would lose much in Wasp or the X-men would lose much in Havok, but I feel like characters who's stories have to do with Kang and/or Immortus should be doing so in Avengers stories (even if those stories do include some X-men).

Well yea, but the same could've been said for the use of the Apocalypse Twins. Who are doubly connected to the X-Men. I mean I can argue the point of Uncanny Avengers being joint X-Men/Avenger book. But the leader of the Avengers and Thor were on the team and they were operating out of Avengers Mansion. And there really wasn't much in the way of X-Men involvement. I figure flipping it with Wasp for a story arc would be workable in the same way. I mean it wouldn't be THAT much of a stretch to see Kang come after the X-Men who have changed the future and reality more times then the Avengers and Fantastic Four combined. Bringing in Immortus might be a bit too much from an Avenger's fan point of view, but i still feel like the Avengers could be represented strongly while having the X-Men be the primary focus.

I just don't feel like theres as much to gain for Havok and Wasp to be apart or to be on an Avengers line up in this instance. I mean what is ANOTHER Kang story to the Avengers? vs the X-Men's first Kang story.

Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like it would be disrespectful to the mutants if a human became their leader but that's just my opinion.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Honest question--Whatever happened to Polaris?? Her and Havok just ended it?? How and why?? I could google it, but, nah, f*ck it.....

At any rate, I am shocked that X-Men fans that grew up with 90s comics and uphold that stuff as law didn't blow their brains out at this development..."how dare anything be different...ever!!"

LOL.

Yea they broke up in X-Factor because he wanted them both to leave the team and she wanted to stay.....so much for having a relationship and being on two teams.

Honestly though, Idk what their relationship even was during the 90s....i mean wasn't he trapped in another dimension making out with Maddie, while she gave up looking for him and started training with Mags? Itf i'm going to ship something i need something to anchor to goddamit!

lol either way all loyalty to that went out the window during the whole "Coma Love Triangle" with the Nurse....Nowadays I think people would rather explore Polaris' daddy issues then anything with Havok.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Well yea, but the same could've been said for the use of the Apocalypse Twins. Who are doubly connected to the X-Men. I mean I can argue the point of Uncanny Avengers being joint X-Men/Avenger book. But the leader of the Avengers and Thor were on the team and they were operating out of Avengers Mansion. And there really wasn't much in the way of X-Men involvement. I figure flipping it with Wasp for a story arc would be workable in the same way. I mean it wouldn't be THAT much of a stretch to see Kang come after the X-Men who have changed the future and reality more times then the Avengers and Fantastic Four combined. Bringing in Immortus might be a bit too much from an Avenger's fan point of view, but i still feel like the Avengers could be represented strongly while having the X-Men be the primary focus.

mm, I guess it depends on how you look at what the Avengers are vs what the X-men are.. to me, most of the main Avengers characters have their own mythos outside the Avengers anyway, so having some X-men in with the Avengers is still an Avengers story.

Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman join the Avengers? still the Avengers; two members of the New Warriors join the Avengers? still the Avengers; I think the same applies to the X-men. Secret Wars? Avengers, X-Men, Spider-man, and the FF team up to fight Dr. Doom, Klaw, and the Masters of Evil? Avengers story. Avengers is like this center that any of the heroes can join to fight any of the villains.

Because of that though, the team doesn't have as great of a rogue's gallery that's as specifically it's own as say the X-men or the FF; outside of Kang, Immortus, and Ultron, virtually all of their major-level rogues are also someone else's first, so with those characters, it seems like you kind of want to let them stay primary to the Avengers. The X-men already have the best rogue's gallery; do they need to take one the only specifically Avengers ones too?

You make a decent point that the Apocalypse twins sort of come from the X-men mythos, but even they were a compromise: the heirs of Apocalypse, sure, but raised by Kang. So still very much in with the juice of the Avengers mythos.

I just don't feel like theres as much to gain for Havok and Wasp to be apart or to be on an Avengers line up in this instance. I mean what is ANOTHER Kang story to the Avengers? vs the X-Men's first Kang story.

What would make this Kang story different would be the events that relate it to Havok and especially Wasp; this could be a cool way to give Wasp (who, let's be fair, is a founding member of the Avengers and has no rogue's gallery of her own) a personal stake against one of the biggest, most classic Avengers villains (who isn't just someone else's rogue). Thor's got Loki, Cap's got the 'Skull, and Pym's got Ultron; I think it would be really cool if Wasp was the one to have a particular grudge with Kang.

And having Havok be a part of that too would give him something more special and interesting than anything he's had or is likely to have with the X-men. It also could work thematically for him to be in a major role against Kang again, since there's that whole thing about him being a nexus for alternate timeline versions of himself.

I dunno, I just feel like it would add more to the specific mythos of the Avengers, Kang, Wasp, and Havok's story to have it not be an X-men thing. Like, I don't see what the X-men would add to it.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like it would be disrespectful to the mutants if a human became their leader but that's just my opinion.

:/ All of the X-men's leaders have been human.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

havok left polaris for nurse annie during their wedding. polaris went nuts.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

havok left polaris for nurse annie during their wedding. polaris went nuts.

that was like 10 years ago. After that they got back together (2006? Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire). When they eventually returned from being lost in space (2012), they joined X-factor together (X-Factor #230). When Havok was offered leadership of the Uncanny Avengers, he decided to accept and Polaris declined to go with him, so they've been parted for the two years since then.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By UHypocrite

I'm sry, but Havok and Wasp does not make a nice couple at all imho. I'm glad they split.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Is not the entire point of the group to make a world where humans and mutants live together?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: It very much is a "how you look at it" thing.

I mean while the Avengers may not have the villain page that the X-Men have its hard to say that having every other Marvel character contributing to them is a bad thing. I mean team for team sure the X-Men have more exclusive note worthy people but they can't even remotely compare to the reach that the Avengers have. If the Avengers wanted to make Rhino from spiderman an A-list threat they could. And in the next arc they could do the samething with moleman.

The X-Men however are floundering. Most of their great villains haven't appeared or been more then a after thought in years. And there most consistent compelling threat at the moment and for the last few years have been philosophical. And whenever we squeeze a Mystique or Apocalypse story out its handled in such a way that two or three X-Men will even realize that the events even happened.

And that would be a fair problem to deal with, but in the last few years the X-Men have had to contribute a bit more to the greater marvel universe. Phoenix Force, then Apocalypse Twins now Red Onslaught and Apocalypse.... All at least 50% contributions to stories with the Avengers. But the reality is that as much as we fan may say that the X-Men could make up their own Universe... The X-Men aren't on equal footing with the Avengers. When Avengers give up Red Skull, they've got Doom, Loki and Galactus in their back pocket because (as you pointed out) they can face anyone else's enemies and still be right.

To me I feel like if the Avengers are going to be made up of every non mutant hero in the Marvel Universe and still only get half the billing as the X-Men then the X-Men are being treated as the other half of the Marvel Universe. And if that's the case then they've got more of a right then say the Fantastic Four would to do a story that involved members of both teams. Especially in the current state where the X-Men are in desperate need of strong villain stories.

As for Kang and Wasp.....

There's no denying that Wasp has been grievously misused in almost every way a classic character could be misused at one point or another. And she kind of does deserve that defining moment or rivalry for her career as an Avenger (other then reminding Scarlet Witch her children were dead).

But as much as I'm for championing characters that are undeservedly overlooked.....I'm an X-Men fan first, so a part of me just can't help but think that it wouldn't hurt for Wasp and Havok to bring that storyline to the X-Men first...let her build her rage... And then when Kang next shows up in an Avenger title let her get a two page spread of trying to to beat him to death with his future self or something to show how far this grudge has gone.

Its biased sure, and I admit that Havok doesn't really have a spot on the X-Men at the moment without bringing this story.

...but there are about 10 x-titles going on and without counting I don't think half of them have strong definitive stories. So we kind of need this more then the Avengers who can pull a name out of a hat decide to do that.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingwebhead: Pfft...No the point of the book is to "TRY to make a world where humans and mutants live together" the point is for them to fail at this constantly and heroically keep attempting it. Anything that can be perceived as a successful step toward it (X-Corp, Utopia/Sanfran Alliance, Mutant President) must fail so that they fan continue to TRY.

otherwise the book ends after spiderman moves in.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@koays said:

@amazingwebhead: Pfft...No the point of the book is to "TRY to make a world where humans and mutants live together" the point is for them to fail at this constantly and heroically keep attempting it. Anything that can be perceived as a successful step toward it (X-Corp, Utopia/Sanfran Alliance, Mutant President) must fail so that they fan continue to TRY.

otherwise the book ends after spiderman moves in.

Good point

Avatar image for theamazingbatman760
TheAmazingBatman760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I meant someone like iron man who has no powers but the iron suit sorry if I wasn't being clear enough.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

The X-Men however are floundering. Most of their great villains haven't appeared or been more then a after thought in years. And there most consistent compelling threat at the moment and for the last few years have been philosophical. And whenever we squeeze a Mystique or Apocalypse story out its handled in such a way that two or three X-Men will even realize that the events even happened.

And that would be a fair problem to deal with, but in the last few years the X-Men have had to contribute a bit more to the greater marvel universe. Phoenix Force, then Apocalypse Twins now Red Onslaught and Apocalypse.... All at least 50% contributions to stories with the Avengers. But the reality is that as much as we fan may say that the X-Men could make up their own Universe... The X-Men aren't on equal footing with the Avengers. When Avengers give up Red Skull, they've got Doom, Loki and Galactus in their back pocket because (as you pointed out) they can face anyone else's enemies and still be right.

To me I feel like if the Avengers are going to be made up of every non mutant hero in the Marvel Universe and still only get half the billing as the X-Men then the X-Men are being treated as the other half of the Marvel Universe. And if that's the case then they've got more of a right then say the Fantastic Four would to do a story that involved members of both teams. Especially in the current state where the X-Men are in desperate need of strong villain stories.

Sure, I do see what you're saying, but to my mind the X-men have more premise to work with to begin with. Even besides having arguably the best rogue's gallery in comics, they have more than just being superheroes to work with; they have the mutant thing, they have the school thing, they currently have the outlaw thing.. so they've kind of got more directions to go in anyway.

If you look at some of the best X-men stories or runs, they don't even use their classic rogues; Whedon did an epic 25 issue run and really only used one previously appearing villain (Cassandra Nova), Wood's run was less good, but most of his threats were also new, and they were actually cool. The X-men have enough different directions they can go in that they can have great stories with just generic aliens, robots, or even just humans as the antagonists. And that's not even looking at all the great villains that haven't been used to any effect in years.

I don't think their in any threat of running out of good threats, is my point, and they can do soo much without ever going near anyone else's rogue's gallery, or even dipping into their own that much, really. And they've got a plethora of would-be conquerors and time-travelling characters to work with already. So the Red Skull steals Xavier's brain, sure, that one could go either way but Kang stealing Apocalypse's heirs? that just really sounds like Avengers story to me.

Simply, from my perspective, the X-men are far less limited in their scope anyway, even without the benefits that the Avengers have of being at the center. If they are in desperate need of something it's more good stories; if they can't put out at least 2 or 3 good books a month with all they have to work with, maybe they shouldn't be putting out 6 or 7 or whatever plus books a month.

As for Kang and Wasp.....

There's no denying that Wasp has been grievously misused in almost every way a classic character could be misused at one point or another. And she kind of does deserve that defining moment or rivalry for her career as an Avenger (other then reminding Scarlet Witch her children were dead).

But as much as I'm for championing characters that are undeservedly overlooked.....I'm an X-Men fan first, so a part of me just can't help but think that it wouldn't hurt for Wasp and Havok to bring that storyline to the X-Men first...let her build her rage... And then when Kang next shows up in an Avenger title let her get a two page spread of trying to to beat him to death with his future self or something to show how far this grudge has gone.

Its biased sure, and I admit that Havok doesn't really have a spot on the X-Men at the moment without bringing this story.

...but there are about 10 x-titles going on and without counting I don't think half of them have strong definitive stories. So we kind of need this more then the Avengers who can pull a name out of a hat decide to do that.

Or, like I said before, we don't actually need 10 X-titles.

Maybe I'm biased in my own way because I'm a fan of X-men and Avengers, but that kind of makes me want to see both be good, and while I agree there haven't been a lot of great X-men books in recent years, I don't feel like Avengers has been terribly stronger.

A Kang centered story about a character redefining grudge with a founding Avenger, by all rights, should be an Avengers story.

Because the Avengers draw from virtually every corner of the MU, they have precious little mythos that's truly their own, but Kang and Wasp are two of the few exceptions. X-men vs the Red Skull, sure, that makes some thematic sense; Loki? he gets up everyone's butt, but Kang, Ultron, Vision, the Pyms.. those are some of the only classic characters in the MU that are truly unique to the Avengers; throwing any of that stuff into an X-men story sort of just seems like a waste of both.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I meant someone like iron man who has no powers but the iron suit sorry if I wasn't being clear enough.

Storm lead the X-men without any powers or an iron suit..

:v I'm just being cheeky, I knew what you meant;

like, someone who hasn't had to deal with being a mutant, right? I get that.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EC2277
@oldnightcrawler said:

[…]

I don't know anything about Havok and Wasp, because I didn't read the story of their relationship. But if she is his wife, I think it's naturally imagine that she could be accept in the X-Men, like an human supporter of the mutant cause and it could be interesting see what consequences could have on the Wasp's life this choise.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I get the point, and I admit the bias...but it still seems like even with all the different directions the X-Men could go, its not really fair to borrow from them now.

I mean the Avengers don't have as much of a rich history or a hundred different plot strings to pull from to change the feel of the story...so I can sympathize with the need to hold on to what they've got....

.... But right now X-Men are in a bad way despite all the things going for them. We've got a stupid number of characters in the franchise and yet a small handful are stretched across multiple titles. We've got a long and detailed history that gets no reference in a book using characters from that history. And we've got loads of different story elements to work with from hate crimes to aliens....and yet we're lacking stories.

It just doesn't seem like while were patching holes in the ship we should be giving away the paddle. What the X-Men really need right now is something to contribute to them so they can fill some these pages in their excessive amount of titles. But instead its a lot of give and very little take.

I'm beginning to agree that Kang facing the X-Men may be like the Avengers facing Magneto. In that it almost feels like a betrayal of sorts. But I almost feel the same way about the Apocalypse twins growing up in Days of Future past. Or having the goal of making planet X. Or even something as small as the four hoursemen. (Its a played out concept...but it's our played out concept) we're contributing so much into the joint storylines and getting nothing in return except characters that are off limits....I mean where's the respect for our classic elements?

Its childish sure, especially given that this isn't necessarily the saving grace of the X-Men. And that there likely still wouldn't be a place for Havok after the fact on the team....but if theres one part of Uncanny Avengers I didn't like it was that it felt like there were no X-Men in it; and yet everything from the motivation to the villains were from X-Men stories. So why couldn't the X-Men do that story?

Truthfully the X-Men just need a good story....and chasing a time traveling villain who has conquered the future and kidnapped your kid...well That's the family, impossible odds and Summers' aspects of a X-Men story I'd want to read.

Hardhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you guys read the preview for Spider-man and the x men? It was hillarious XD

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Very imaginative! But why Mardox is here?

because he isn't technically a mutant? doesn't have an X-gene or something like that..

at least, not according to Peter David, whose word on Madrox I take above any other.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EC2277

@oldnightcrawler: If I have understood the question, it is: what not mutant characters you like would see in the x-stories?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler:

I think he was just a bit different sub-kind of mutant, ala Externals and co.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By HAWK2916

I think there are some good points being made about Kang vs the xmen and avengers. I'm of few varying opinions on this.

First of all let me say that from the beginning I've been saying that the Apocalypse Twins story with the planet x-noahs arc thing should have been an Xmen story. I thought it would have been the type of story that belonged in Uncanny. Now admittedly I'm one of those people that don't want my xmen on the avengers though I'm a fan of both. I think Uncanny Avengers is the best book out right now though I'm not a huge fan of the premise. Part of me kind of felt like we could have plugged Polaris into Wasp's spot and told the story in an xmen book replacing Kang with Stryfe or Sinister or something. To me putting Havok and Wasp together and having them marry and have kid they ultimately sacrifice for the greater good elevated both and made them interesting as opposed to being somewhat stagnant as arguably both have been before. This really could have been done for Polaris. But that said I think combining the Apocalypse Twins with Kang in a story was the perfect way to bring in both xmen and avengers, forming a sort of task force if you will.

Going forward, I think it would be interesting for Wasp to have Kang as her nemesis so to speak which as @oldnightcrawler stated would be more of an avengers story. It could pave the way for some interesting stories for her and even more character development. Plus the Avengers could really use some exclusive villains in my opinion. In fact I think they should be focused on protecting earth from otherworldly threats and protecting the timeline but that's another discussion. Even still it could be interesting for Wasp and Havok to want to take a contingent of Avengers and go after Kang and their child and for the Avengers to say "no". Then in response to this have them go to the xmen and assemble a team to do so. I mentioned in another thread that this could be an interesting place to plug Cable into and have him on this type of mission along with some others. A team going through time after Kang and trying to rescue Wasp and Havok's child, who may well be on her way to possibly being a villain that would want to destroy both the xmen and the avengers, could be an interesting storyline. Sort of like how Ages of Apocalypse spun out of Uncanny Xforce.

Either way whatever happens I hope the potential story with Kang and Havok and Wasp child is not just abandoned. I just there is so much that can be explored there

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Yea they broke up in X-Factor because he wanted them both to leave the team and she wanted to stay.....so much for having a relationship and being on two teams.

Well that sounds kind of dumb....and forced.

@koays said:

Honestly though, Idk what their relationship even was during the 90s....i mean wasn't he trapped in another dimension making out with Maddie, while she gave up looking for him and started training with Mags? Itf i'm going to ship something i need something to anchor to goddamit!

First of all, about Havok....the character has a good, almost 20 year legacy of not wanting to be a super hero or an X-Man, then he sort of joined the X-Men reluctantly in the late 80s and didn't have a very fun time on the team. He was unfaithful to his long time girlfriend who was possessed by a villain with his brothers wife (whether it was the influence of magic is never clear) he killed people with his powers, and he was brainwashed into being a Genoshan Magistrate and enslaving his own people. Then, later in X-Factor, he almost watches two of his friends die, he gets brainwashed again, and he gets stuck in another dimension.....There is literally no reason this guy would ever want to be a super hero, especially after the first 10 to 15 years of his existence actively avoiding it, and in the time he is one, the worst stuff in the world happens to him.....I feel like when they have to look at the character of Havok and research his history, writers are like "lol, too long; didn't read. Havok is a cool name though!" "Lets put him on the Avengers!!"

Anyways, back to the actual topic......yeah, in the early 90s he and Polaris were like Scott and Jean lite on X-Factor. Then, they had relationship problems and while they weren't actually dating, still loved each other. In Mutant X, Havok just possessed the body of a counterpart of himself who was already married to Madelyne Pryor and had a kid, he actually fell for that realities version of Elektra. When he came back though he and Polaris tried to patch it up. So...they were still linked throughout most of the 90s.

@koays said:

lol either way all loyalty to that went out the window during the whole "Coma Love Triangle" with the Nurse....Nowadays I think people would rather explore Polaris' daddy issues then anything with Havok.

I remember that thing with the nurse. Its just weird that after all they have been through that that would be the final nail in their relationship. I try not to bitch about the writing this day and age because I do enjoy some of it for what it is. However, I do wish the writers would actually pay attention to the characters history, so that they feel more like actual characters as opposed to just a different version of someone elses character. But, oh well, I guess that is super hero comics after all.

As for Magneto and Polaris......eh, so many X-Men already have these over dramatic, soap operatic "you are secretly my long lost child!", family issues This is just another one I could care less for. With Mystique and Nightcrawler it works because there was a lot of tragedy in that story and Mystique had to give up her baby or both of them would die..... very heart wrenching. It works with Cyclops because I think every kid who grew up not knowing their father would like to one day discover your father is basically Han Solo.....it's neat. With Polaris and Mags, there is nothing special about it, they have the same powers basically so they must be related.....boring, yo.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@oldnightcrawler:

Yes, the official site of Marvel Comics say Mardox is a mutant.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Cloak and Dagger were offered membership with the X-Men after Dark Reign but declined

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

High evolutionary, i just want him with them, and he can help them with their x-gene.

Inhumans(as the two more powerful human race on earth, they also share discrimination, and being attacked) i want them as allies.

Fantastic four, i want them as "family" friends.

Spiderman(oh... He is there already).

Kree, shi'ar empire, as allies.

Galactus, oh please don't look at me like that, it would be cool having BIG G by their side as a friend and trusted ally, and they give him a mutant (annually)who would wield the power cosmic.

Pheonix force(oh she is with them already).

Blue marvel, as a friend and ally.

She-hulk(she is also there).

That's all for now............. Am coming back with more.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@oldnightcrawler: If I have understood the question, it is: what not mutant characters you like would see in the x-stories?

that's why i gave examples of characters who are not technically mutants.

@ec2277 said:
@adamtrmm said:

@oldnightcrawler:

that's not what the comics themselves say.

In Peter David's X-Factor it's revealed that Madrox is not a mutant, but some other type of super-powered human. As far as I'm concerned, Peter David is the authority on Madrox.

If you guys still want to think of him as a mutant, though, that doesn't bother me; I still consider Falcon to be a mutant, so whatever.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: It's hilarious: not even the Marvel can confirm the affirmations of the Marvel. I accept your explanation: maybe the Marvel site it isn't updated.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

@ec2277 said:
@adamtrmm said:

@oldnightcrawler:

In Peter David's X-Factor it's revealed that Madrox is not a mutant, but some other type of super-powered human. As far as I'm concerned, Peter David is the authority on Madrox.

If you guys still want to think of him as a mutant, though, that doesn't bother me; I still consider Falcon to be a mutant, so whatever.

Actually, Madrox is a mutant. He is a changeling, which is a sub-class of a mutant. A changeling is a mutant whose powers manifested at birth as opposed to powers that manifest during puberty or teenage years. Falcon is not a mutant.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is not the entire point of the group to make a world where humans and mutants live together?

I don't think there was a time when mutants were more segregated then they're today. What a progress!

@oldnightcrawler said:

@ec2277 said:

@ec2277 said:
@adamtrmm said:

@oldnightcrawler:

Actually, Madrox is a mutant. He is a changeling, which is a sub-class of a mutant. A changeling is a mutant whose powers manifested at birth as opposed to powers that manifest during puberty or teenage years. Falcon is not a mutant.

Straight to business, I like that.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

Occasionally?

All of them.

Constantly?

No one: the X-Men are mutant and they have to be the team of the mutants. Only in particylary circumstances it's possible make an exception, like Wasp, who is the Havok's wife, or Warlock, which was found by the new mutants.

well ever since wolverine, nightcrawler, and the others came about, the X-men had always enlisted "non mutants" to their ranks for various reasons such as moira, ms marvel, juggernaut, the entire X-club team. as long as they were down for the cause of human/mutant relation anyone was welcomed. which is why I feel the X-men's general feelings towards spider-man is a little out of character. especially given their history together. personally speaking, how can the X-men try to teach coexistence to their students when they make their students spend 90% of their with mutants only? do you guys have any Idea how fast the purifiers would of been brought to justice for blowing up that bus full of children if ms marvel was still on the team? (or if any other major avenger was there)

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cresshadow: Yes, the human supporters to the mutant cause are exactly the exception to which I referred.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I think there are some good points being made about Kang vs the xmen and avengers. I'm of few varying opinions on this.

First of all let me say that from the beginning I've been saying that the Apocalypse Twins story with the planet x-noahs arc thing should have been an Xmen story. I thought it would have been the type of story that belonged in Uncanny.

To me it's just as much an Avengers story, if not more. Maybe they could have Scarlet Witch have had the same kind of central role, replaced Kang with one of the X-men's time-traveling foes, and still had it be an X-men story.. even besides those two central characters, both Thor and Wasp's parts in the story were big parts of what made it cool to me. That Thor has this shameful history with Apocalypse that pre-dates the marvel age is really interesting for both characters, and kind of what first made me think the premise for the book was actually solid.

Now admittedly I'm one of those people that don't want my xmen on the avengers though I'm a fan of both. I think Uncanny Avengers is the best book out right now though I'm not a huge fan of the premise. Part of me kind of felt like we could have plugged Polaris into Wasp's spot and told the story in an xmen book replacing Kang with Stryfe or Sinister or something. To me putting Havok and Wasp together and having them marry and have kid they ultimately sacrifice for the greater good elevated both and made them interesting as opposed to being somewhat stagnant as arguably both have been before. This really could have been done for Polaris.

Except that, if it had been done with Polaris it wouldn't really have shown any real growth of the characters, it would simply be returning Havok and Polaris to their former status as another boring couple who never get over each other. If the Katie plot had been carried out with them as the couple instead, it would have been ave been more interesting than most H&P stories, but it also would have been almost a cliche because they were a classic X-men couple.

Conversely, having Havok become involved with and get married to Wasp was a genuinely new and interesting direction for both characters, and gave both of them a new kind of relevance. There's never really been a coupling like theirs*, a classic X-man and an original Avenger, both of whom seem like they could and should have been more relevant but never really were, suddenly building a story together that highly elevates the mythos of both. What made Havok and Wasp really work was that he was a mutant and she was a human, which tested their devotion on Planet X in a way that it wouldn't have with Polaris.

*(I'm not counting Storm and BP, since A. their relationship was developed separate of either team they were on and, B. BP has a lot more of his own mythos outside the Avengers than Wasp, who really doesn't have anything else).

If you told the same story with Polaris instead of Wasp, at it's core it would still be a decent story, but it wouldn't really make Polaris or Havok (or Wasp) any more interesting or relevant than they already were (which wasn't especially much for any of them). And, besides how cool it is for Havok and Wasp, Polaris has also been more interesting lately than she ever was with Havok (or than she would have been in this story, in my opinion), so there's that.

But that said I think combining the Apocalypse Twins with Kang in a story was the perfect way to bring in both xmen and avengers, forming a sort of task force if you will.

Mm.. The twins make for an interesting compromise: being the heirs of Apocalypse associates them with the X-men mythos, and being raised by Kang makes them definitely part of Avengers mythos.

But they also never really were X-men villains themselves, so rather than something as obvious as, say, when the Avengers face Magneto, it instead creates a new villain(s) for the Avengers out of the shared history of the teams, instead simply borrowing one from the X-men. Even the fact that they're twins is kind of a nod to the history between the teams, when you think about it.

there's a lot of great little things that accentuate the shared history idea like that, like how the prologue to the whole epic starts with the oldest Avenger (Thor) fighting the oldest mutant (Apocalypse) before either of those were either a thing, thus highlighting the gods and monsters mythology that both X-men and Avengers share, before eventually culminating in a classic sci-fi style race against time, which again, both teams are heavily entrenched in.

1. Going forward, I think it would be interesting for Wasp to have Kang as her nemesis so to speak which as @oldnightcrawler stated would be more of an avengers story. It could pave the way for some interesting stories for her and even more character development.
  2. Plus the Avengers could really use some exclusive villains in my opinion.
  3. Even still it could be interesting for Wasp and Havok to want to take a contingent of Avengers and go after Kang and their child and for the Avengers to say "no". Then in response to this have them go to the xmen and assemble a team to do so. I mentioned in another thread that this could be an interesting place to plug Cable into and have him on this type of mission along with some others. A team going through time after Kang and trying to rescue Wasp and Havok's child,
  4. who may well be on her way to possibly being a villain that would want to destroy both the xmen and the avengers, could be an interesting storyline.
  5. Either way whatever happens I hope the potential story with Kang and Havok and Wasp child is not just abandoned. I just there is so much that can be explored there

1. Wasp is the only founding member of the Avengers who doesn't have a mythology of her own, which by now just seems careless. I mean, Pym and Vision don't have much of their own outside the Avengers, but at least they have singular roles to the mythos within that context; Wasp doesn't even have that, and as a fan, it just seems a shame.

2. Yes, absolutely. At least a few big ones anyway. Definitely Kang and Ultron, I mean, what other exclusive villains do they have? the Grim Reaper? Master Pandemonium? those are cool, but still, good grief..

3. There's not a lot of stories that make me interested to see Cable, but that would be one. An interesting way to take it would be to have it be a team that wasn't the X-men or the Avengers, and just have the book called whatever the title of the story was. Like an event book with Kang as the villain, but without actually having the main X-men or Avengers teams in it, thus giving both Wasp and Havok their own separate piece of the mythos.

4. Like the idea of what that character could be.

5. totally agree.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alright, sure.

I still don't buy the Falcon retcon, though. He'll always be a mutant to me.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

Occasionally?

All of them.

Constantly?

well ever since wolverine, nightcrawler, and the others came about, the X-men had always enlisted "non mutants" to their ranks for various reasons such as moira, ms marvel, juggernaut, the entire X-club team. as long as they were down for the cause of human/mutant relation anyone was welcomed. which is why I feel the X-men's general feelings towards spider-man is a little out of character. especially given their history together. personally speaking, how can the X-men try to teach coexistence to their students when they make their students spend 90% of their with mutants only? do you guys have any Idea how fast the purifiers would of been brought to justice for blowing up that bus full of children if ms marvel was still on the team? (or if any other major avenger was there)

They tried to have mutants students spend time with 90% humans when the Massachusetts Academy took on human students, and it didn't end well for the kids. They were still forced to hide who they were because most of the parents would have freaked out if they knew their kids were going to school with mutants, and only the ones that could hide being mutants were allowed to interact with the humans. Regular kids tease kids for being fat, can you imagine what it would be like to be the girl with extra mouths around a bunch of human kids. That is why these kids are isolated, it's not just about being pro-mutants, but the school is also supposed to give them a sense of safety and acceptance. Then there are the mutant kids that don't come from loving human environments that may resent the fact that have humans around them which could be a dangerous situation mixing teen angst and mutant powers.

The X-men have had a well known Avenger on their team for years, his name is Beast. He was well known enough that his presence at a club in Europe was treated like a celebrity appearance during Revolution, and that didn't matter one bit. The fact of the matter is the Purifiers should have been brought to justice for killing a bus full of children regardless, especially since all those students were no longer mutants and were at that point genetically human with the world knowing full well about M-day.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: See again, I happen to be a fan of Polaris so I want her status elevated somewhat and making her the central character could possibly do that. That plus I don't really like my xmen and avengers mixing but that's just my thing. I think if the story was done right it could have been a great xmen story. In fact Remender's story would have been a better 50th anniversary event for the Xmen showing how some have expanded to being accepted on and working with other heroes, as opposed to what we got BOTA. Again for Wasp and Havok in this case it fits the story well.

I think it would be a great idea to just name the book whatever the event title is. Or it could be an all new version of the Thunderbolts if it wasn't exclusively xmen or just make it a part of Uncanny Avengers and have them be a splinter group that's broken off and tell basically two stories at once. Maybe call it Xtreme Avengers or whatever. Can you say double shipping monthly, YAY!! Lol. Or if it was heavily xmen focused then it could be Xtreme Xmen or Xtreme Xforce.

By the way who would you have join them or follow them on a team to retrieve their daughter? Personally I think it fits Cable but who else?

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ultimatekey

@ultimatekey said:

alright, sure.

I still don't buy the Falcon retcon, though. He'll always be a mutant to me.

There is no retcon. There was a story that Charles Xavier and Sam himself thought that he was a mutant but it turns out to be false. You do know how he got his powers right? It wasn't a natural ability. He got the powers to telepathically talk to birds from the cosmic cube.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Koays

@cattlebattle:

Well Havok was clashing with Madrox and the team wasn't really liking his leadership (not surprising since Havok was appointed leader of what was supposed to be a business by Wolverine), so it made sense for him to want to leave i guess. Polaris just gets points for not going when he said "Comeon Babe, we don't need them...lets take my awesome leadership somewhere else!"

Lol, I've found then when you spell out a comic character's history it usually ends with wondering why they still do what they do.....but that is kind of over the top. I mean you didn't even cover the part where he quits again, then comes back because his secret brother from space has gone BACK to space after torturing his mentor in order to kill a space empire. I feel like if their was a large faction of Havok fans, this crap wouldn't be able fly....BUT since no one cares i'm waiting for the book when we find out his true passion is cars and he teams up with the autobots and a japanese girl with a monkey to when the big race! (yes, Cyclops guest stars in issue 3 as Racer X)

As for the nurse.... Well he kind of did decide he was in love with her at his wedding to Polaris (theres some sop opera for you). And then after that he went back from the nurse to Polaris again. And Bobby was mixed in there too. Short term i can kind of see why they would want to avoid touching on that mess as characters. And it kind of made it cool when they hooked back up in space....though it doesn't add more weight to the last breakup considering they held a torch through different dimensions. But like I said...there isnt a vocal Havok base.

On Polaris-

I admit, i'm actually in that fanbase that likes to see what's going on with her and Magneto. If only because the one time they actually did something with it, other then flip flop back and forth on the matter, she turns into this mini Magneto spouting his rhetoric. Really I'm all for more of Polaris regardless, but the fact that they don't really do much with her makes me fondly remember the times they teased as though they would. And really of all the X-Men parental relationships idk if we have someone who actually seeks the approval of their parental figure the way Polaris seemed to whenever she and Mags we're together. I don't even think the X-Men have that kind of relationship with Xavier (which would be pretty cool to see).

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: See again, I happen to be a fan of Polaris so I want her status elevated somewhat and making her the central character could possibly do that. That plus I don't really like my xmen and avengers mixing but that's just my thing. I think if the story was done right it could have been a great xmen story. In fact Remender's story would have been a better 50th anniversary event for the Xmen showing how some have expanded to being accepted on and working with other heroes, as opposed to what we got BOTA. Again for Wasp and Havok in this case it fits the story well.

I think it would be a great idea to just name the book whatever the event title is. Or it could be an all new version of the Thunderbolts if it wasn't exclusively xmen or just make it a part of Uncanny Avengers and have them be a splinter group that's broken off and tell basically two stories at once. Maybe call it Xtreme Avengers or whatever. Can you say double shipping monthly, YAY!! Lol. Or if it was heavily xmen focused then it could be Xtreme Xmen or Xtreme Xforce.

By the way who would you have join them or follow them on a team to retrieve their daughter? Personally I think it fits Cable but who else?

• Havok and Wasp (obviously)
  • Cable (time travelin', baby savin', not an Avenger or an X-man)
  • Scarlet Witch (probably Wasp's closest friend, would feel somewhat responsible and leave Avengers with her)
  • Madrox (probably Havok's oldest friend (besides Cyclops), no stranger to time travel, not an Avenger or X-man)
  • Invisible Woman (friends with Wasp, nsttt, naxmoaa, etc)

?

I'd read it.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont get this thread :/

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: yeah that would be pretty cool. For some reason Kitty seems to fit this dynamic as well but can't get too big. I'd definitely read that though.