#1 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember seeing rumors... wouldn't it be sick!?? 

I say it ties in with the X-films. My idea...something happens to the X-men team, Xavier thinks they died, and he starts over with new students (new mutants). 

Sick. 

anyway, if they did make it, who would make the cut? 

Cannonball 
Sunspot 
Dani Moonstar as Psyche with powers 

Guess that was the original team. 

Who could play these characters? Post your ideas :D
#2 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11: I don't see Magma in there. I don't approve of yo' conduct!
#3 Edited by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@RainEffect said:

@Edgeworth_11: I don't see Magma in there. I don't approve of yo' conduct!

Saving her, Doug, and Warlock for the sequel :D But screw that, Magma is HOT! :D trust me, i love her, see... 

This is my drawing of her and Sunspot. 

Here is a list that I don't agree with by the way.... 

A while back, Disney bought Marvel and, once the nerds stopped their infernal bitching, they were able to read this story. Could we be getting a New Mutants movie? God, I hope so. I mean, I hate teenagers and most stories about teenagers, but I do love me some New Mutants. Maybe it’s because when I first started reading comics, the first team of New Mutants had just formed and they were only a little older than I was. Whatever, I don’t care. The fact is, they might be making a New Mutants movie. If nothing else, it will finally give Hollywood an excuse to cast a bunch of zygotes in a superhero movie.

The Plot: As always, let’s keep this shit simple. Someone–or something–has been terrorizing the southwestern states of the U.S. Now, this malevolent force is heading towards Boulder, CO,  where Dani Moonstar grew up. With the rest of the X-Men away doing something adult and boring (like fighting for their civil rights or some other lame-ass bullshit), it’s up to the junior varsity team to handle the situation. When the New Mutants investigate, they come face to face with the vicious Demon Bear.

The Cast: I know very little about actors born after 1990, so this wasn’t the easiest thing in the world for me to do. Also, even though this movie is part of the X-Men franchise, there will be no fucking Wolverine! Maybe…maybe…Patrick Stewart could show up in either the beginning or the end as Xavier, but I don’t want Hugh Jackman sniffing around anywhere near this set.

Bug Hall as Cannonball/Samuel Guthrie

I hated Cannonball for a long time. He always struck me as a Junior Cyclops, a nice guy but sorta dull and by-the-book. Lately, though, I’ve come around to liking the guy. To me, Cannonball’s defining characteristic is his height, and Bug Hall clocks in at around 6′ 2″. Plus, the kid’s from Texas and played Alfalfa in the Little Rascals movie, so I’m sure Bug could handle playing the son of a Kentucky coal miner.

Selena Gomez as Danielle “Dani” Moonstar

Selena plays a wizard or something on the Disney Channel, right? Okay, so playing a mutant shouldn’t be too much of a stretch. I wonder how she’d feel about learning how to use a bow and arrow…

Corbin Bleu as Sunspot/Roberto “Bobby” da Costa

I tried to find a young Brazilian actor who looked like he was capable of more than just standing around in his underwear and gazing dreamily into the camera. Didn’t work out too well. So, instead, I decided to find someone who looked like what I imagine Bobby would look like. That’s when I found Corbin.

Karen Gillan as Rahne Sinclair/Wolfsbane

Gillan’s a redhead and a Scot, can we do better than that? Now, for most of her appearances, Rahne sported a crew cut…but, when she returned to Xavier’s school after losing her powers, she had grown her hair out. Of course, she had also abandoned her usual shy, retired personality for one of mock-rebellion. I honestly don’t care is Gillan plays the role with long or short hair (although cutting that hair would be a crime), but I would prefer a Wolfsbane who was more mousy than brash.

Jessica Weixler as Magik/Illyana Rasputin

Magik’s kind of tricky. On one hand, she’s a mutant who can create discs that teleport herself and others across dimensions. On the other hand, she’s a half-demon sorceress and the ruler of Limbo. There’s also been that whole aging, de-aging, re-aging thing. Maybe this movie could briefly touch on Magik’s sorcery and then explore it more in a sequel. Either way, I think Weixler looks the part.

Kelly Vitz as Karma/Xi’an McCoy

Karma started off as the team leader, then “died” and was replaced by Cannonball. I’m only really familiar with the team under Sam’s leadership, but have no problem with Karma leading the team in the movie (it’s not like Sean Connery is in it and can’t take orders from a woman).

Evanna Lynch as Magma/Amara Aquilla

Magma’s backstory is kind of a mess. But, she can turn into and control lava and that’s kind of awesome. Plus, Lynch is so delightfully bizarre in the Harry Potter movies that I want her to get as much work as possible.

Chris Colfer as Cypher/Douglas Ramsey

I hate Cypher. Hate. He has a ridiculous power…the power of translating. Really? So, he’s C-fucking-3PO? The kid had no place in the field, no wonder he bought it in the comics. Anyway…I’m sure people will be clamoring for Warlock to show up eventually, so introducing Cypher somewhere in the first movie will make his sudden appearance in the Warlock sequel less jarring. And, I must admit, I do like this Colfer kid.

Jake Thomas as Legion/David Haller

I’m not sure if Legion was intended to be a main antagonist in the New Mutants comic…but, for some reason, when I think of Legion, I think of the New Mutants. This seems to be somewhat justified by the fact that the first arc of the new comic series focused on the return of Legion. Anyway…a mutant with multiple personalities, many with mutant powers of their own? Sounds cool to me. And, who knows, one of those personalities may manifest itself as a monstrous demon bear…

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

No, thanks.

#5 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
No, thanks.
#6 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
No, thanks.
#7 Posted by 0xymoron (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Selena Gomez as Dani Moonstar?  I'll pass.
#8 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

You guysthat is not the cast. I was hoping other viners can choose their cast.

#9 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a big HELL NOOOO!!! from me!!!
#10 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love a NM movie, but Selena Gomez as Dani Moonstar? HELL NO. I don't have anything against Selena, but that casting is horrible! Now I'd love Karen Gillen as Wolfsbane that would be awesome. 

#11 Posted by labarith (670 posts) - - Show Bio

Any attempts to support FOX X-men will not be supported. 

In all seriousness, I can see Marvel, once they put some Disney money behind it, cleaning up with in-movie-continuity X-men movies. 

We get an "X1 remake" with Kitty as the main protagonist being introduced to the X-men for the first time. 
We get a "First Class" sequel... well, a current-era X-movie where some villain from the past, necessitating a First Class flashback, shows up. 

We get some more current era X-movies, and THEN we move onto an X-men:  New Mutants movie, featuring a diminished cast of the X-guys from previous films, and focusing on them teaching these new students.  It should be an "aimed at tweens" X-movie, so to speak.  New Mutants, no offense to the current batch of young X-men, are more classic and more well know, and arguably more diverse w/o needing so much CGI.  If they can wait to introduce White Queen and her hellions here, great - let them be the main baddies. 

A New Mutants sequel would be great, then go onto do an X-men Academy movie or something...

#12 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see an animated.

#13 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog said:
I'd love a NM movie, but Selena Gomez as Dani Moonstar? HELL NO. I don't have anything against Selena, but that casting is horrible! Now I'd love Karen Gillen as Wolfsbane that would be awesome. 

I wasn't agreeing with the casting either. If you have some ideas, share them with some scans. Don't be shy, I'm all ears! :D
#14 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11: No Haller. Please. That would ruin the movie. 
Cannonball
Moonstar (as Moonstar not psyche)
Wolfsbane
Sunspot
#15 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:
@Edgeworth_11: No Haller. Please. That would ruin the movie.  Cannonball Moonstar (as Moonstar not psyche) Wolfsbane Karma Magik  Sunspot

That's nice list. Save Magma, Doug and Warlock and Rictor for the sequel.
#16 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

I love NM, but as a film... I feel the viewers who would watch it would be a very small group (most likely only the fans... like me!!) But maybe an animated series would surpass (that I would defiantely watch)!!!
#17 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11: You must be a tween because the majority of that cast would make any other fan of the New Mutants cringe
#18 Edited by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thunderscream
If you can read, you'll notice he said this is NOT the cast of his preference. Just a rumor of a New Mutants movie and the writer of the article chose that cast.  
I'd say put Ryan Gosling  as Cannonball  

and  Wilmer Valderrama as Sunspot

#19 Edited by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome drawing Edge! ;)
#20 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@madrid_san: Thanks bro. and thanks for actually reading my post, unlike some people (rolls eyes).

Ya, Ryan G and Fez are good choices :D
#21 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

I found our Dani Moonstar!!

Q'oriranca Kilcher (HOT!!)

#22 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11
I like the idea of a New Mutants movie. I'm going to have to think alittle on who I feel would fit thses roles. I'll post it once I get home from work !
#23 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raven0207: yes please :D
#24 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11: Ok after a few hours deliberating I have cast "My" New Mutant Movie: 
Callan McAuliffe as Cannonball 
 Danielle Campbell as Dani Moonstar
 Aimee Teegarden as Magik
 Hailee Stienfeld as Wolfsbane
 Josh Hutcherson as Doug Ramsey
 Madison Riley as Magma
 Miranda Cosgrove as Karma
 Jesse Garcia as Sunspot  
 Jason Stratham as Cable  
 Warlock is completely CGI
#25 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raven0207 said:
@Edgeworth_11: Ok after a few hours deliberating I have cast "My" New Mutant Movie: 
Callan McAuliffe as Cannonball 
 Danielle Campbell as Dani Moonstar
 Aimee Teegarden as Magik
 Hailee Stienfeld as Wolfsbane
 Josh Hutcherson as Doug Ramsey
 Madison Riley as Magma
 Miranda Cosgrove as Karma
 Jesse Garcia as Sunspot  
 Jason Stratham as Cable  
 Warlock is completely CGI
excellent choices!! especially the sunspot and magik! pure genius!
#26 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edgeworth_11: Glad you approve. I really like my choices also and feel they fit the roles nicely !
#27 Edited by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

nice cast! like the guy's body language for Doug (no pun intended!!)   
I like Q'oriranca Kilcher as Moonstar. 
I also prefer Wilmer Valderrama as Sunspot. Jesse Garcia looks a little stocky for 'Berto. 
I do like your choice for Cannonball. He'd be a more cost efficient actor and looks younger than Ryan Gosling.

who would be the villian? I say Legion!! 
Russell Brand plays him. 

#28 Posted by jakeeboi17 (4369 posts) - - Show Bio

Danielle Moonstar, Magma, Cannonball, Wolfsbane, Karma, Sunspot, Magik, Cypher and Warlock - No one else needed ;)

#29 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@raven0207: Eeeeck! I completely disagree with all of your casting decisions.

who would be the villian? I say Legion!!

Russell Brand plays him.

Brand could be interesting.

#30 Posted by kriminal (646 posts) - - Show Bio

wasn't there going to be an x force movie?

I would go for wolverine and the x-men and uncanny x-men, maybe tie them in with a mutant civil war.