#1 Edited by Avenger85 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

So when Marvel decide to get the Phoenix back for real, it would be a refreshing change to have Nate or Christopher get the power and wield it for a considerable amount of time. Not Jean, Rachel or Hope.

Nate should be able to handle it just fine, if not better than Jean, with a little help from Rachel. And Cable is Cable. He'll do a fine job if the PF decides to use him as it's next host.

#2 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem I see with this is not so much that Nate or Cable couldn't be good Phoenix users. It's just that at their most powerful forms they are technically already as strong if not stronger (though this definitely debatable) than established Phoenix users. I mean Nate was considered to be about as strong (output wise) as Dark Phoenix before he became a Shaman, and Messianic Cable should be in that same ballpark as well.

Ultimately, it's not that they couldn't. It's more that they are already pretty damn powerful without phoenix which giving them Phoenix (I think it would be interesting to see Nate as Phoenix personally), it may be considered overkill.

Note that this is just Nate creating a psionic Phoenix raptor as opposed to the real deal.

#3 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4720 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY?

Also I dislike the whole Phoenix Force idea. It was cool at first now it is just repetitive and boring.

( + )

#4 Edited by Avenger85 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx:

Yes, that is exactly why I want either Nate or Christopher to be the Phoenix hosts. With their experience with such vast power, and currently Nate de-powered and Cable dying due to the techno-virus, I'm sure Marvel and Bendis in particular should be able to get Nate & cable to control the Phoenix Force much better than Jean could.

So having that happen will result in no more Phoenix "incidents". The PF just becomes one of the traits of these 2 guys, and their team business goes on as usual without any need for major events like AvX & DPS. Thats a decent way of not just having the Phoenix Force, but also keeping it relatively unnoticed...

#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one said:

WHY?

Also I dislike the whole Phoenix Force idea. It was cool at first now it is just repetitive and boring.

( + )

Agreed.

Though it wasn't even cool at first :P

Phoenix Force is Fantastic Four stuff. It has not right being in the X-Men. What does a Cosmic Firebird that destroys worlds have to do with societal outcasts?

#6 Posted by HAWK2916 (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a bad idea for the Phoenix force to be used to repower Nate. Though im a bit tired of it and all the magical and cosmic forces in general.

#7 Posted by darthphoenix (688 posts) - - Show Bio

If it to return, it will be as adult jean. I think Marvel would have something up for the white phoenix of the crown. Jean made scott let go of the phoenix in avx. The story has to be settled still. Though i don't mind having cable as a host. he just won't be as interesting as rachel or jean when drawn in comics pages. He's basically a Grey!

#8 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: the original concept was to elevate humans vs mutants to mutants against a super mutant. Turning the hated and feared to fearful and threatened & see how they handled it.

Love Phoenix. Hate horrible usage in last several years. With Morrison's run, thought uncontrollable Phoenix could be in past with new idea being Phoenix as a cosmic healer- destruction to cauterize wound instead of just destroy universe.

#9 Edited by HAWK2916 (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

If it to return, it will be as adult jean. I think Marvel would have something up for the white phoenix of the crown. Jean made scott let go of the phoenix in avx. The story has to be settled still. Though i don't mind having cable as a host. he just won't be as interesting as rachel or jean when drawn in comics pages. He's basically a Grey!

That's not a bad thought. I'd love to see Jean come back. I forgot about that in AVX , I also remember when Rachel and Korvus lost their connection to the Phoenix and Rachel said something like Mother No or something to that effect. Though Hope's true origins could make for a good especially if Hope is really the Pheonix or if that was Jean Grey sending mutantkind help.

#10 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not want to see neither. Phoenix is being used way too much. Plus, I'm hoping the Age of Ultron timequake gets rid of Cable and X-Man in the current 616 earth.

#11 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Please stop killing Cable. Do in some boring whiny mutant

#12 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx:

Yes, that is exactly why I want either Nate or Christopher to be the Phoenix hosts. With their experience with such vast power, and currently Nate de-powered and Cable dying due to the techno-virus, I'm sure Marvel and Bendis in particular should be able to get Nate & cable to control the Phoenix Force much better than Jean could.

So having that happen will result in no more Phoenix "incidents". The PF just becomes one of the traits of these 2 guys, and their team business goes on as usual without any need for major events like AvX & DPS. Thats a decent way of not just having the Phoenix Force, but also keeping it relatively unnoticed...

So you want Nate and Cable to basically just have the Phoenix so that there will never be another Phoenix problem?

That logic doesn't sit well with me. No matter how powerful Nate and Cable are, they too would inevitably succumb to the god-like power that Phoenix contains. That power would corrupt them, and lead them down the path to becoming Dark Phoenix. Hell, one could argue that Messianic Cable was becoming corrupted by his own power. Remember that absolute power corrupts absolutely, and The Phoenix Force is damn near an absolute power.

Besides, a ton of people are tired of the overuse/misuse of Phoenix. I like the concept and all, but I'd rather it be given to Nate or Cable for a damn good reason. Not just to minimize the potential problems of the Phoenix.

#13 Edited by Backflip (2262 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel should just become Phoenix again. A lot less hassle on everyone else's behalf considering she seems to be the only one who can control it.

#14 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3514 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm ready for another character like Empath to get the Phoenix. I'm tired of Greys and Summers family members having a monopoly on it.

That said, Rachel is the best choice since she seemed the most capable of actually controlling it.

But I don't like the concept of the Phoenix Force, anyway, and am ready for it to be removed from active story lines.

#16 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4720 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one said:

WHY?

( + )

Agreed.

Though it wasn't even cool at first :P

Phoenix Force is Fantastic Four stuff. It has not right being in the X-Men. What does a Cosmic Firebird that destroys worlds have to do with societal outcasts?

To be completely honest. It wasn't really cool for me at first either. I mean it kind of was because it was different and I liked seeing the X-Men in space. Even though, it has nothing to do with societal outcasts.

But once she came back from the dead is when it was too much for me. The worse thing is that they keep using that story.

( + )

#17 Edited by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

personally id like to see magneto or xavier get it since they are like the mutant leaders altho its teased that magno gets it in what if avx 4. id also like to see wolvie get it right now so he can see how hard it is to control and he can forgive cyclops. id also say give it to juggernaut but hes the god dang juggernaut and he cant beat yo ass

#18 Edited by Oscars94 (2453 posts) - - Show Bio

Phoenix Force stories are annoying now! The X-men have so many interesting characters to utilize in their stories

#19 Edited by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not thing Cable or Nate need the Phoenix Force but I would like to see them without having their powers reduced by some sickness or outside force. How come the Avengers can have super powerful members like Hulk, Captain Marvel, Hyperion and Thor but Cable/ Nate can't get the full use of their abilities because their powers are too strong and writers use the execuse its too hard to write for those characters. I mean Cable finally gets cured of the techno organic virus and now one of his arms is severely atrophied and he is having potentially deadly seisures or headachs. Cable and Nate are suppost to be the strongest telekenetic force on the planet and among the strongest telepaths yet thay are always given a handicap yet Xavier the strongest telepath asside from boutes of being dead could do whatever he wanted with his powers. I guess I would like some better balance to how the very powerful mutants powers are portrayed.

#20 Posted by PowerHerc (82708 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see Nate possessing the Phoenix-Force.

#21 Posted by Armistice (4079 posts) - - Show Bio

Best thing Marvel has done in years is getting rid of the Phoenix, that idea has been overdone and usually not that well.

#22 Posted by noj (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Phoenix Force were to come back its next host should be Quentin Quire. Hes already one of the most powerful psychics in the world and weve actually already seen hints that this could happen. In one of the Phoenix storylines a few years back an alternate universe version of Quentin as the Phoenix showed up in the White Hot Room and in an earlier issue of Wolverine and the X-Men we saw a possible future version of Quentin dressed in a VERY Phoenix inspired costume.

#23 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorex said:

I do not thing Cable or Nate need the Phoenix Force but I would like to see them without having their powers reduced by some sickness or outside force. How come the Avengers can have super powerful members like Hulk, Captain Marvel, Hyperion and Thor but Cable/ Nate can't get the full use of their abilities because their powers are too strong and writers use the execuse its too hard to write for those characters. I mean Cable finally gets cured of the techno organic virus and now one of his arms is severely atrophied and he is having potentially deadly seisures or headachs. Cable and Nate are suppost to be the strongest telekenetic force on the planet and among the strongest telepaths yet thay are always given a handicap yet Xavier the strongest telepath asside from boutes of being dead could do whatever he wanted with his powers. I guess I would like some better balance to how the very powerful mutants powers are portrayed.

I'm with ya on both these points.

#24 Edited by adamTRMM (1524 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:What does a Cosmic Firebird that destroys worlds have to do with societal outcasts?

Societal outcasts? You mean those whose mutation reason are the Celestials? Those who freeze the whole planet, mind wipe, mind rape, mind control, revert the Earths magnetic poles in an instant and then reality warp? But yeah, I am convinced, they are just societal outcasts.

#25 Edited by njones5 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

NEVER they already have enough power

#26 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2770 posts) - - Show Bio

i think cable want nothing to do with it but nate idunno maybe.....i like it better with rachel but death told jean grey once that "the phoenix force is hers by right and would in time be pass down to her children".....so i dunno maybe all of them

#27 Edited by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, why not? AvX proved how much the phoenix lower it's standards to pick a host. These guys are at least powerfull psyonic mutants related to Jean Grey.

#28 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1317 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope would like to see a WPoTC jean finally combine all the shards of the phoenix together after all her time in the WHR.

But that,s just me.

God I hope there well be no more redheaded lookalike messiah,s.

#29 Posted by AwesomePerson (215 posts) - - Show Bio

I would personsally like to see Franklin Richards take a shot at it... You know, when he gets full control over his powers.... or grows up....

#30 Posted by darthphoenix (688 posts) - - Show Bio

just dont give it to an avenger!

#31 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that neither Nate or Cable need it, they're both interesting on their own and damn powerful at their best. Just doesn't seem like it's necessary. Also, i've long since grown sick of the Phoenix and its manipulation of the Grey/Summers bloodline.

#32 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

quire will probly get and keep it. bc the new watxm series is about quire after seeing himself as a hero with it so im guessing by the end he will have it