• 61 results
Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The most wasted main character in the first movie was Sabretooth in my opinion. That vote probably shouldn't count because I'm a little partial to him (I was just confirming that in case there was any confusion), so I'll say Jean instead. She really had no great displays of power in the first movie. At least Cyclops got to blow a hole in a building roof and Storm got to hit a couple of people with lightning and fly (horribly) in an elevator shaft. Jean got worked by Toad for Pete's sake. The most wasted secondary character was Iceman. I would have loved to have seen a bigger display of Bobby's powers. I also think Wolverine was wasted somewhat in the first movie. I know he had the most lines, character development and screen time, but they wasted what screen time they gave to him. They could have developed his character so much further and still given more screen time to some of the other characters if they would have dropped some of Wolvie's one-liners and saved him for the big showdown with Sabretooth by letting one of the other X-Men fight Mystique. I think it would have been so much better if they would have given us a look at Wolverine's berserker side in the final battle and choreographed it more like the fight with Deathstrike instead of the over-choreographed joke that it was.

In the second movie, the most wasted main character was Cyclops. He was hardly in the movie at all. If I was I probably would have felt like going home and kicking my dog after sitting through that entire movie and witnessing how my favorite character got hosed. Poor guy. The most wasted secondary character was Colossus. My guess is the 3D model for Colossus didn't look realistic enough. Maybe that's why they kept his face in the shadows. It still would have been nice to see more of him though, even if he would have looked all cartoony.

In The third film, the most wasted character is Kitty pryde.Seriously she was in all 3 movies yet she wasn't even introduced until X3.That and she is simply used to create a love triangle between herself, Iceman and Rouge.

nateb1211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nateb1211

Hmmm most wasted character in the X-Men movies? I would have to say anyone that wasn't Wolverine.

Avatar image for captaintightpants12
CaptainTightpants12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

In X-Men: Jean Grey

In X2: Cyclops

In Last Stand: Kitty Pryde

In X-Men Origins, Wolverine: Tie between Deadpool and Gambit

In First Class: Beast

In the Wolverine: Silver Samurai

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most wasted main character in the first movie was Sabretooth in my opinion.

The reason why Sabertoooth was mostly a quiet brute in the first film is because his part was originally written for Blob. At the time that movie came out there wasn't a whole lot of money or confidence thrown into comic book films so it was probably cheaper to get a guy a wig and some fake nails than get a guy in a believable fat suit. Also, Beast was suppose to be in the first movie as well, but, for the same reasons, had parts of his role incorporated into another character.

Its a bit unfair to exclaim a character was "wasted" in an X-Men film, there are so many different X-Men loved by so many different people that not everyone is going to get portrayed correctly in a 2 hour film. The focus should be on telling a good story.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops and Rogues characters were f*cked up in all of the movies. Well, the young Cyclops in X-Origins: Wolverine was good. Halle Berry was terribly miscast as Storm. Darwin's character in FC suffered from black guy in main cast dies first.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nateb1211: Lol pretty much. None of the X-Men got much of any development due Logan getting all of the focus in each movie outside of FC. Cool action scenes for them here and there, but still a waste considering how well developed these characters are in comics.

Spaced_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spaced_Boy

Cyclops in all of them

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

batman , has yet to make an appearance .

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're all suck...and this is what I was trying to say in one of my thread. The timeline was horrible. This is what I think...

If Sabertooth grew up with and spent a lifetime by Wolverine...who was the useless sasquatch in the first movie that didn't know Logan, Cyclops...or the Prof-X?

If Mystique was Xavier's step sister, how come she show no attachment to or recognition of him in the origin movies...and doesn't think twice about putting him in a coma in the first movie?

If Beast was a part of the team from the beginning...how come he is absent from the first two movies? Was the conversion of everyone in New York or the death of all humans not important enough...to have all hands on deck?

How is Alex Summer, Scott's younger brother...a man is the 60's and Scott a spry 30 at the turn of the century? Simple answer would be that in the movie verse...he's not Scott's younger brother.

How is the Prof-X crippled at the end of First Class...and then...standing in Origins and at flashback of the Trilogy?

Why are we told Magneto built his helmet...but then...see him steal it from Shaw?

Why are we told the Prof-X and Magneto built cerebro...but then...see Beast building it?

And they do honestly expect Days of Future Past to explain all these holes?

I believe everything was going really wrong in the X-Men. Every sequel that come out...screws it up more and more...good movie but...very poor story.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops,through the whole franchise.

Hallie Berry played Storm pretty much the way she's portrayed in all the x-men cartoons...background fodder until a fight scene, so I'm kind of use to that variation on the character. But by the 3rd movie even rogue was pushed aside for wolverine. ..makes even the best of the franchise look weak

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

They're all suck...and this is what I was trying to say in one of my thread. The timeline was horrible. This is what I think...

If Sabertooth grew up with and spent a lifetime by Wolverine...who was the useless sasquatch in the first movie that didn't know Logan, Cyclops...or the Prof-X?

If Mystique was Xavier's step sister, how come she show no attachment to or recognition of him in the origin movies...and doesn't think twice about putting him in a coma in the first movie?

If Beast was a part of the team from the beginning...how come he is absent from the first two movies? Was the conversion of everyone in New York or the death of all humans not important enough...to have all hands on deck?

How is Alex Summer, Scott's younger brother...a man is the 60's and Scott a spry 30 at the turn of the century? Simple answer would be that in the movie verse...he's not Scott's younger brother.

How is the Prof-X crippled at the end of First Class...and then...standing in Origins and at flashback of the Trilogy?

Why are we told Magneto built his helmet...but then...see him steal it from Shaw?

Why are we told the Prof-X and Magneto built cerebro...but then...see Beast building it?

I believe everything was going really wrong in the X-Men. Every sequel that come out...screws it up more and more...good movie but...very poor story.

You could apply this logic to multiple movies....take the Star Wars franchise for instance, not every detail is spelled out for you and not everything matches up or just look at the actual X-Men comics, there is a ton of things that don't match up or are not explained and had to be severely retconned..... cough Xorn cough

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

More doop.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@koays said:

Cyclops,through the whole franchise.

Hallie Berry played Storm pretty much the way she's portrayed in all the x-men cartoons...background fodder until a fight scene, so I'm kind of use to that variation on the character. But by the 3rd movie even rogue was pushed aside for wolverine. ..makes even the best of the franchise look weak

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Yes...this is true...but it seems to be a lot more errors in the X-Men movies. I was laughing at the end of the Trilogy movie of when Prof-X was standing. I'll grant you that this is a continuity error that bother's me too...but...in origins we only ever heard his voice in scotty's head...so it's possible the man we saw outside the helicopter is a projection and not the real Prof? Same with the last stand prologue, although...this seems less likely.

Something else I need to point out. Why is Moira Mc Taggert a young CIA operative in First Class and a young Dr in X2?

Don't have much answer for this...but I'm sure within the realm of the comics there could be a hundred and one different explanations. You, could even just go with something as simple as she's 60s Moira's kid or niece...or something...lol.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@cattlebattle: Yes...this is true...but it seems to be a lot more errors in the X-Men movies. I was laughing at the end of the Trilogy movie of when Prof-X was standing. I'll grant you that this is a continuity error that bother's me too...but...in origins we only ever heard his voice in scotty's head...so it's possible the man we saw outside the helicopter is a projection and not the real Prof? Same with the last stand prologue, although...this seems less likely.

Something else I need to point out. Why is Moira Mc Taggert a young CIA operative in First Class and a young Dr in X2?

Don't have much answer for this...but I'm sure within the realm of the comics there could be a hundred and one different explanations. You, could even just go with something as simple as she's 60s Moira's kid or niece...or something...lol.

Well, personally I think that Days of Future Past is just going to make it so that they are two timelines in different realities or something to that effect not to dissimilar than what happened in the Star Trek reboot with the First Class reality being a new continuity. They will probably wipe out one in the film to make it one, consistent reality.

Yeah, you could say maybe the Professor was casting an astral image of himself, then again, when he was with Magneto in X3 walking about maybe Magneto was helping him somehow. In the comics Charles Xavier has been in and out of a wheelchair several times.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

Well, personally I think that Days of Future Past is just going to make it so that they are two timelines in different realities or something to that effect not to dissimilar than what happened in the Star Trek reboot with the First Class reality being a new continuity. They will probably wipe out one in the film to make it one, consistent reality.

Yeah, you could say maybe the Professor was casting an astral image of himself, then again, when he was with Magneto in X3 walking about maybe Magneto was helping him somehow. In the comics Charles Xavier has been in and out of a wheelchair several times.

This is completely true. When ever he's on the Savage Land...he's always walking.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deaditegonzo
No Caption Provided

Always. In every movie. And even though the new one is a time travel movie, they arent even using time travel to retcon his death: because no one cares!

:'( I care

Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

This is completely true. When ever he's on the Savage Land...he's always walking.

That was just something that happened in the cartoon. I don't know if Professor X has actually ever been to the Savage Land in the comics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Rogue (after x-men 1)

Storm

Cyclops

Jean Grey

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

THIS.

I've been saying that for years. These films were garbage and continue to get worse. I would love to see an xmen reboot that was more like the avengers film. Most true hard core xmen fans would agree with that. I doubt fox will reboot. Unless of course DOFP completely tank, which I don't think it will.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I felt like most of the characters in the franchise were wasted with the exceptions of Wolverine, Professor Xavier, Magneto and possibly Mystique. Sure, characters like Storm, Cyclops and Jean Grey had their moments in the franchise, but I wasn't really hooked on their story arcs since they weren't as fleshed out as Wolverine's story arcs and I wished that they could have done more in the franchise besides being overshadowed by Wolverine.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seriously doubt they will reboot XM within the next 2 decades. Fox has spent way too much money to start over now. Although, XM Origins was just as plain boring and idiotic. I agree with the timeline issues. It is annoying and seems unprofessional as if the new director and script writer were only vaguely aware of the previews movies (as if the movies were made back in the 60's) and just wanted to include a character for the fun of it.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cyclops got screwed over by the movies. I don't think that X-Men really works as movies because you can't every member their own time and one member will overtake everyone else (Wolverine).

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was hoping colossus and juggs would duke it out. but nah

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted Nightcrawler to appear in more than one X-Movie.

Juggernaut seems the most wasted IMO

Wingfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wingfoot

Better ask which characters are NOT wasted in the X-men movies... answer will be shorter.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@vitalius said:

Rogue (after x-men 1)

Storm

Cyclops

Jean Grey

This^ AND Psylocke!
Emma was crap too in First Class.

Avatar image for blackserenade83
BlackSerenade83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightcrawler was wasted for me. I actually liked the portrayal of him in the second movie but it kinda pissed me off that they used my favorite X-man for one movie and then dropped him forever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanted Nightcrawler to appear in more than one X-Movie.

Juggernaut seems the most wasted IMO

Nightcrawler was wasted for me. I actually liked the portrayal of him in the second movie but it kinda pissed me off that they used my favorite X-man for one movie and then dropped him forever.

Be glad for Nightcrawler. He was lucky enough not to be screwed over as Rogue and Cyclops were.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Angel and Gambit.

BlackSerenade83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: Good point. Cyclops got completely screwed.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know we may be getting ahead of ourselves with Cyclops.

X-Men- He was portrayed the way you would expect when the most well know version was arguably the animated series.

X2- Does anyone remember what he was doing in the comics when this came out? Because i can't.

X-Men Last Stand- The actor just wasnt availabe and know one came out unscaved.

Remember Cyclops before 2004 was described one of three ways: Boring, Boyscout, Jean!!!
Film makers couldn't do much with that then...

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree they should reboot and start from scratch. Those films are a huge mess and not as good as they could have been.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By _Gaff_

Cyclops

Nightcrawler

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

This guy

No Caption Provided

myrongains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Rogue - why is she portrayed as jubilee in the movies????? What a waste.

2. Juggernaut - there shouldve been an epic battle between the xmen and juggernaut like in the animated series! What a waste.

3. Phoenix - i wish the movie went in the same direction as the animated series. What a waste.

4. Cyclops - the movies dont showcase his agility and ability to lead in battle. What a waste

I hope they dont fail hard with bishop, cable and apocalypse in the next film - im assuming theyll be there coz of the title.

BlackSerenade83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely forgot Juggernaut. And I'd throw Gambit in there too.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By cattlebattle

@koays said:

You know we may be getting ahead of ourselves with Cyclops.

X-Men- He was portrayed the way you would expect when the most well know version was arguably the animated series.

X2- Does anyone remember what he was doing in the comics when this came out? Because i can't.

X-Men Last Stand- The actor just wasnt availabe and know one came out unscaved.

Remember Cyclops before 2004 was described one of three ways: Boring, Boyscout, Jean!!!

Film makers couldn't do much with that then...

Exactly.

A real funny and interesting fact is that Cyclops just really became relevant over the past decade. During the 1980s, the time when the X-Mens popularity exploded and became the most popular comic book franchise at the time....Cyclops wasn't even on the X-Men for the whole decade, he was a secondary character and starred in the much less successful X-Factor along with his less popular original X-Men teammates.

Then, throughout the 90s, there was absolutely nothing intriguing about his character, he was the standard, stereotypical, chiseled, american, tall, white leader character. Storm was way more interesting as a leader and a character. He really didn't become a character that was noteworthy until the Morrison run.

gambit75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops is the most wasted character in the X-men movies, anyone who disagrees are Cyclops Haters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@poisonfleur:

Emma Frost was ok for me, since she was the "White Queen of Hellfire" on movie and was close to the comic counterpart. (Althought her final scene is kind confusing, because Magneto free her from the prison but she is never seen or heard again until on X-Men 3, 3 of 5 Stepforf Cuckoos are background characters)

Psylocke, i knew that was movie due to the credits but she is kind that character that nobody was there without getting information that she was there.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@poisonfleur:

Emma Frost was ok for me, since she was the "White Queen of Hellfire" on movie and was close to the comic counterpart. (Althought her final scene is kind confusing, because Magneto free her from the prison but she is never seen or heard again until on X-Men 3, 3 of 5 Stepforf Cuckoos are background characters)

Psylocke, i knew that was movie due to the credits but she is kind that character that nobody was there without getting information that she was there.

Emma Frost was another disaster.

Why is Emma Frost a woman in 1962 and a teenager in 1981?

The character in origins is only ever referred to as Kayla's sister on screen...and credited as Kayla's sister/Emma. The name Emma Frost...is never mentioned. So...you can look at her as more of a nod to the character. And it's been shown that mutants abilities aren't unique. Azazel, Nightcrawler, John Wraith...and that kid playing basketball in the first film...all have teleportation abilities. Pro-X, Jean Grey, and the actual Emma Frost...all telepathic. Wolverine and Deathstrike both have healing abilities. So...it's not streth that the two mutants in First Class and Origins are two different individuals with similar abilities. Plus...with Kayla's surname being Silverfox...you could assume her sister is the same. Pretty much fox portrayed all those characters in the wrong path. Oh trust me...there is more errors in these scenarios...lol

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GhostRider88

Honestly I could be alone here because I know many who are happy with the X-Men movie summaries so far but i'm going to have to say the villain characters for the most part have been a waste. Sure, they're included in the movies but in the big picture, it's mostly been humans -vs- mutants, rather than the X-Men -vs- villains. I mean they fight eachother but it's moreso just X-Men trying to stop villains from hurting humans.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing, just too much of it already. I can't even begin to express how much I would love a more classic approach to a new X-Men movie, like Omega Red. Btw, considering the last X-Men movie was about the Cold War, wouldn't that've been a great time to show Omega Red since his real origin involves the USSR / Cold War era?

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad the Avengers movie was the best we ever had.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Angel

I mean seriously, Angel was apart of the original five X-Men, but he only gets like, 5 minutes of total screen time in the crappy X-Men 3 movie?

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Rogue got shafted pretty badly after the first move. She and Ice Man just sat in the jet for all of X2, and then in X3, she whined and got cured. And Cyclops obviously get shafted really badly--poor Cyclops. I also don't like how Emma Frost was handled. Not only did January Jones do a poor job at portraying the character, but she wasn't written very well either.

Deadpo0l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to redeem deadpool with a solo movie

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Juggernaut by miles! I was so excited to hear Juggs was gonna be in last Stand and then they wheeled out Vinnie Jones, who as all brits know is just a cockney wide boy ex footballer who has done a few Guy Ritchie films. His opening line "What are you waiting for, get me out of her, I need a pee", was just too bad to be believed and it just got worse as the movie progessed !!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30