Marvel's 'X-Men: Battle of the Atom' Mobile Game Now on Android Devices

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

If you caught the Invincibly Super Massive Comic Book Podcast of Stuff with James Asmus, you heard us talk about the mobile game, X-Men: Battle of the Atom. It is now available for Android devices and in the Google Play store. Check out the trailer up above.

No Caption Provided

The Uncanny X-Men are now recruiting more heroes than ever before to help save the past, present and future! By popular demand, Marvel Entertainment, in conjunction with developer Aeria Mobile, has announced the availability of Marvel’s X-Men: Battle of the Atom on AndroidTM 4.0+ devices.

X-Men: Battle of the Atom has quickly become a top-50 game in the Apple® App Store since its launch this past January, amassing a user rating of 4.5 stars. Now Android owners will be able to join in the fun as well, and the game’s cross-platform functionality ensures that both iPhone® and Android users will be able to play with all of their friends and rivals.

“Tremendous fan support has made X-Men: Battle of the Atom one of the most popular new mobile games since our initial launch,” said JT Nguyen, Chief Operating Officer, Aeria Games. “Since then we’ve heard many requests to bring the game to the Android platform, and we’re glad to be able to expand our user base to include these enthusiastic players.”

“With the launch of X-Men: Battle of the Atom on Google Play, a whole new audience of Marvel fans can now experience the thrilling card battle action of this title,” said Peter Phillips, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Interactive and Digital Distribution at Marvel Entertainment. “Aeria Games has done a great job in adapting the characters and story lines into an exciting mobile game.”

X-Men: Battle of the Atom’s community-driven gameplay revolves around alliances of players called X-Teams. 20 vs. 20 multiplayer matches called XvX battles pit X-Teams against each other in strategic combat for rankings and rewards. X-Teams also band together during new raid events every month that retell classic storylines accompanied by new comic panel art and new rare mutant recruits. These events culminate in cooperative battles against infamous Super Villains.

X-Men: Battle of the Atom is available as a free download for Android Phones and iPhones. For more information, find the game on the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. Stay up-to-date with the latest news, contests, and giveaways at the official Facebook page.

Here's some more screenshots:

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Overlander

I played this on iOS, but didn't play longer than two weeks. I love the X-Men, but a card battling game wasn't really my speed.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dotwilson

dont know if this is gonna be my type of game but i have been wanting to try it out since hearing James Asmus on the podcast of stuff.. dudes hilarious.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't heard of this one. Thanks for the article, I'll definitely be trying it out!

Lykida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lykida

Well, my device has Android 4.1.1 on it but Play Store says it's not compatible. What a pity.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are Dazzler, Magik, Richter, Shatterstar, Banshee, and M in this?

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saw it on youtube, not in impressed

way to wolverine centric, what a suprise

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Installed it earlier today; uninstalled it a few minutes later. I think some people would like it, but card battle games always end up being so un-entertaining.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Seriously AvX & Battle of the Atom deserve REAL games. None of this card capters bs.

BalooMamalu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I want a Marvel Overpower game app