• 73 results
Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

@ctg: I think a lot of gay people react negatively to people saying that they "disagree with homosexuality" because it shows that the person is talking about something they don't know anything about. Homosexuality isn't really a theory, philosophy, or lifestyle. Gays think differently and live in all kinds of ways. Gayness is an innate trait. Even the medical community is in agreement on that. Even Exodus International, what was once the largest "conversion therapy" place on Earth, closed its doors because a lot of the top guys had to acknowledge that gayness just was innate and can't be rubbed out. You saying you disagree with homosexuality is like you saying you disagree with whiteness, tallness, or blue eyes. It just comes off as silly. You can think whatever you like, by the way. I'm just letting you know why gays, and people that support gays, would be upset by your statement.

well said.

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By OhItsThatGuy
papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ctg: @oldnightcrawler: @hawk2916:

Wow the homosexuality debacle has gotten out of hand! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... that said, there are restraints one should abide by when dealing with individuals in a heated topic!

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@

@ohitsthatguy:

See I happen to disagree with that thought completely and maybe that's the whole crux of the situation. I think a person being gay is a choice and not something inbred or whatever.

And again its stating my opinion. I personally don't understand it but I don't hate anybody. Its just that in certain mediums I prefer that certain subjects not be discussed or glamourized. Much like how I hate the way sports are reported on and how its portrayed as the be all end all for every circumstance. I don't like the fact that at times in a comic world that's suppose to be focused on mutation, there tends to be an element of magic which I personally feel has nothing to do with mutation and should be in its own area like in Harry potter or something. Its a preference that's all.

Its just an opinion nothing to get bent out of shape about and call names. Because that's whats ignorant and intolerant. In my opinion that's whats wrong with this country today and why we are getting weaker and weaker because we try to please all and we are too damn sensitive. We fight wars because people don't believe what we do or have the same culture we do when they haven't invaded us or done anything but disagree with how we do things. That's not what I did 3 tours in the middle east for!! That's not what I signed up to defend!!

And for whoever continues to not understand my point of view. Let me put it to you simply: I happen to love women: Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, Native American and any other class you want to put them in. Tall, short big or small. Lil Wayne has a song that basically is my creed "I wish I could f**k every girl in world" lol. So with that in mind I don't pretend to or try to understand how a man in particular could be attracted to another man. It goes against my every instinct therefore I don't agree with it. But I don't hate people and I feel there is a reason for what people do whether I understand it or not.

I actually came to this thread because I wasn't reading fully and thought it was something on Kitty Pride (or Pryde, not sure). So it was mistake on my part not that I was looking to insult or start a fight. I try to comment on most all threads because that's what keeps forums going I feel. But we all should be adult enough to accept opinions that are different from ours.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@

@ohitsthatguy:

See I happen to disagree with that thought completely and maybe that's the whole crux of the situation. I think a person being gay is a choice and not something inbred or whatever.

And again its stating my opinion. I personally don't understand it but I don't hate anybody. Its just that in certain mediums I prefer that certain subjects not be discussed or glamourized. Much like how I hate the way sports are reported on and how its portrayed as the be all end all for every circumstance. I don't like the fact that at times in a comic world that's suppose to be focused on mutation, there tends to be an element of magic which I personally feel has nothing to do with mutation and should be in its own area like in Harry potter or something. Its a preference that's all.

Its just an opinion nothing to get bent out of shape about and call names. Because that's whats ignorant and intolerant. In my opinion that's whats wrong with this country today and why we are getting weaker and weaker because we try to please all and we are too damn sensitive. We fight wars because people don't believe what we do or have the same culture we do when they haven't invaded us or done anything but disagree with how we do things. That's not what I did 3 tours in the middle east for!! That's not what I signed up to defend!!

And for whoever continues to not understand my point of view. Let me put it to you simply: I happen to love women: Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, Native American and any other class you want to put them in. Tall, short big or small. Lil Wayne has a song that basically is my creed "I wish I could f**k every girl in world" lol. So with that in mind I don't pretend to or try to understand how a man in particular could be attracted to another man. It goes against my every instinct therefore I don't agree with it. But I don't hate people and I feel there is a reason for what people do whether I understand it or not.

I actually came to this thread because I wasn't reading fully and thought it was something on Kitty Pride (or Pryde, not sure). So it was mistake on my part not that I was looking to insult or start a fight. I try to comment on most all threads because that's what keeps forums going I feel. But we all should be adult enough to accept opinions that are different from ours.

when exactly was it you chose to be straight? I mean if it's a choice to pick what you like, when was it you picked girls and not guys?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HAWK2916

I always liked girls. And forgive me for saying this but that's natural. IMO you have to make a choice to go away from what's natural. And by natural I mean what it takes to reproduce naturally. It takes a man and a woman. But I'll say it again: THATS MY OPINION. I DONT HATE ANYBODY. You don't see me questioning why some are gay and trying to start crap or prove them wrong, so stop trying to do it to me. By the way for all those giving me and others who agree with me sh*t about our opinions, are all of you gay or are you just arguing for the hell of it? I just wanted to make sure we are going at it for something you really believe in cuz if you aint gay I don't understand the strong defense

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But really for all of you I'll leave this thread. Theres more f**ked up sh*t in the world to worry about than debating this. You wont change my mind on this and I wouldn't try to change yours. The only difference is I can respect people's preference and opinions, its just too bad that same courtesy is not extended all the time.

By the way you can see my opinions on other things Xmen related feel free to dissect those and we can debate that for sure. This board would be the best on the net if every thread had this much debate and participation.

Peace to everybody. And I cant wait to get back stateside. Support the Troops!!!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

That should just be Mystique's costume.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

I always liked girls. And forgive me for saying this but that's natural. IMO you have to make a choice to go away from what's natural. And by natural I mean what it takes to reproduce naturally. It takes a man and a woman. But I'll say it again: THATS MY OPINION. I DONT HATE ANYBODY. You don't see me questioning why some are gay and trying to start crap or prove them wrong, so stop trying to do it to me. By the way for all those giving me and others who agree with me sh*t about our opinions, are all of you gay or are you just arguing for the hell of it? I just wanted to make sure we are going at it for something you really believe in cuz if you aint gay I don't understand the strong defense

I'm not gay, and I'm not arguing for the hell of it either. As I said earlier, I'm not trying to accuse someone I don't know of being a bigot.

The crux of your argument seems to be based on the idea that you are entitled to voice an opinion that's based on false information (that homosexuality is unnatural, and therefore a choice that people make), on feelings rather than facts, with complete impunity from established facts or any form of criticism. I don't believe that you are, or that anyone is, and I think that you and others think so is a dangerous thing to believe in.

By your rational, one could say that Jews have horns, that women are more like animals than men, or that the earth is flat, and that such beliefs should be respected without question simply because the person saying them holds that opinion. See what I mean?

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: What you believe is irrelevant. The vast majority of the scientific community is in agreement that homosexuality is an innate trait and that it can't be changed. Also, that's not just your opinion. You've made a factual claim that homosexuality "is a choice." We have evidence that says the contrary. Thus, your opinion is not an opinion at all but a false claim. It's the same as you saying that's it's just your opinion that the Sun revolves around the Earth.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg: @oldnightcrawler: @hawk2916:

Wow the homosexuality debacle has gotten out of hand! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... that said, there are restraints one should abide by when dealing with individuals in a heated topic!

Westboro Baptist Church. *drops mic and leaves*

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Ultra_beleco

@ctg:

This is the last time I'm gonna ever answer you in CV. Even tough I know you will just pretend that I said one thing when I said another.

Homossexuality is not a life Style. It is what some Human beings are.

The other dude said he was not OK with gay content in media: That is a rational opinion even tough I think it is a terrible one.

Being not ok with homossexuality is childish and not rational because it doesn't make ANY sense. It is like not being ok with people that are tall, short, black, white, yellow wherever.

A person can be homossexual and NEVER have sexual intercouse with same sex people because she/he wants to hide. This person will not stop being homossexual because of that.

Being against gay people or even straight people doing "gay" stuff: Rational!

Being against Gay people existing: Irrational and facist.

And next time you say I want to shut up people that have different opinion, ask some survivors from the nazism (gay, and jewish) if they wanted to do the same with people that were not against what they did, but were against their existence.

MarlboroMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg: @hawk2916: My opinion is being hateful or being against an entire sex,race,religion is shouldn't be count as freedom of speech. Offending people with what they are is really not cool man.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@ctg: @hawk2916: My opinion is being hateful or being against an entire sex,race,religion is shouldn't be count as freedom of speech. Offending people with what they are is really not cool man.

this is a good point, but I wouldn't clump religion in there with those other things. One's religion genuinely is a choice one makes, no one has to believe in any religion, no one is innately religious.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By poisonfleur

I am living for this! My fav characters are Karolina and Xavin.

Although Northstar and Hulkling are Hot as fvck

Anyone notice Bling! is missing?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68  Edited By poisonfleur

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@papad1992 said:

The got Mystique... Where's Destiny?

Dead! In all seriousness, they probably limited the characters to the hottest and more well-known ones. Also, it's hard to make an elderly woman look good in beach gear whereas Mystique can pull it off.

And I just noticed that Daken's claw is in a very strategic location.

How dare you say elderly women can't look good in beachwear...

No Caption Provided

HAHA!

Biandi178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By Biandi178

Honestly wish Wiccan and Karolina were straight love Karolina's powers so much and wiccan is pretty attractive

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By PyroFN

They're gonna have to update that banner to add Iceman in that group.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope in a special story in the future, Karolina and Nico and Wiccan and Hulkling go ob a double date. They have things in common. Sorcery and Alien heritage,

weatherwitch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow this thread went from good to bad

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s a very nice picture, but it could have done without Northstar’s pubes or Draken’s innuendo claw. They overly sexualized the image to a needless degree.

Also yes, they need an updated picture featuring Bobby.

DaSalvadore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s a very nice picture, but it could have done without Northstar’s pubes or Draken’s innuendo claw. They overly sexualized the image to a needless degree.

Also yes, they need an updated picture featuring Bobby.

I'm not entirely up with how Northstar acts sexually but the picture kinda makes sense as well as being a fantastic piece of art. Daken's innuendo matches his "I don't give a fuck" attitude and the most sexualised individuals on the beach are the shapeshifters who must have a totally different self-body image to others just to be able to go out in their normal forms.

I find it tasteful on the whole with a splash of personality pushing it towards the sexy but I can see how it would be seen as a little too far if people didn't know the characters.