Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thunderscream
No Caption Provided

Anole, Shatterstar, Rictor, Karma, Mystique, Northstar, Dakken, Lucy in the Sky, Xavin, Wiccan & Hulkling

They left out Greymalkin, although I'm sure most people have no idea who that is, but it's a beautiful piece of art. At first I was taken aback because it's so overtly sexual, but I think an important aspect of the gay community is embracing sexuality instead of sweeping it under the rug. What do you think of Marvel's merry men & women....or in Xavin's case, man in the guise of a woman?

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I LOVE THIS.... new facebook bannner *nerds out*

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Anole looks so damn cute. I love this.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Aiden Cross

That's awesome ^_^

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I love this picture. I criticize Marvel pretty frequently, but at the very least, their marketing/PR department has embraced using their characters in interesting and consciousness-raising ways.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By pixelized

Can I nitpick and complain about Wiccan being way overdressed for the beach?

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mtrakos

no moondragon or phyla?

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By daak1212

I thought Daken was bi sexual? Either way, okay dont hate me but I know I probably will get some flak for this but when I saw this the first thought I had was "Yo thats gay" LOL! I think it's mostly because of northstar and his belly shirt

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#9  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@pixelized said:

Can I nitpick and complain about Wiccan being way overdressed for the beach?

Indeed, that scarf is overdoing it.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By XsPectre28

loving this pic!!!!!!!!

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mutant God

wheres moondragon, bling, and victoria hand

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By oraclefyre

Love it :D

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Thunderscream

@Mutant God: I guess they were sticking with the ones that're most prominent today

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@daak1212: haha. i love that belly shirt... haha

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By papad1992

The got Mystique... Where's Destiny?

artgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By artgamer

@daak1212 said:

I thought Daken was bi sexual? Either way, okay dont hate me but I know I probably will get some flak for this but when I saw this the first thought I had was "Yo thats gay" LOL! I think it's mostly because of northstar and his belly shirt

same as mystique, as i see the pic, mix everyone gays and bisexuals characters

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Redberry

This is a great artwork. :)

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

Dead! In all seriousness, they probably limited the characters to the hottest and more well-known ones. Also, it's hard to make an elderly woman look good in beach gear whereas Mystique can pull it off.

And I just noticed that Daken's claw is in a very strategic location.

Avatar image for invisible_witch
Invisible_Witch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Invisible_Witch

Shatterstar, Dat ass!!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By papad1992

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@papad1992 said:

Dead! In all seriousness, they probably limited the characters to the hottest and more well-known ones. Also, it's hard to make an elderly woman look good in beach gear whereas Mystique can pull it off.

And I just noticed that Daken's claw is in a very strategic location.

How dare you say elderly women can't look good in beachwear...

No Caption Provided
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jhazzroucher

I don't think Daken should be there though.

Ouija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ouija

@jhazzroucher said:

I don't think Daken should be there though.

Why shouldnt he? He is Bisexual

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#23  Edited By knighthood

Kitty?

Just playing.

They should have added Northstar's beau to add a little more color to that group. They seem a little too white for me.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#24  Edited By knighthood

ewww... I just noticed the pubes. Okay that is just gross.

TheBoyWithTheV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesomely hot!!!! <3

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavin is not a guy in disguise as a girl. She is either a trans girl or genderfluid really.

Love the pos. Would love to see an updated one with northstars boyfriend, cluster, Tong, Psylocke, and Anabelle riggs to name a few. Living lightning would also be cool.

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I love Wiccan and Hulkling, so cute.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im sorry but Im not cool with the gay stuff.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Then just go away? Its clearly about LGBTQF enthusiasm. Why comment in the first place?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HAWK2916

Came across the thread and in a forum everyone should offer their opinion. This is mine. Respect it. Like I respect yours.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

then don't.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@hawk2916 said:

I'm not cool with you being not cool about the gay stuff

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HAWK2916

That's fine. It was just an opinion. I don't care for the version of Angel either while some may love him. But its an opinion, its what makes the world go round

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

That's fine. It was just an opinion. I don't care for the version of Angel either while some may love him. But its an opinion, its what makes the world go round

sure, but -and I'm not trying to be a jerk here- but what makes you feel you are entitled to have an opinion on "the gay stuff"?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like you are entitled to have an opinion so am I. IM sure you feel entitled to yours and because I offered a contrasting thought, you want to question whether I can have an opinion or not. Come on man. Its not a hate thing, its just some things are not my preference. I signed up on this site and have a username and that entitles me to type my opinion. I haven't used any slurs or called anyone names or ever told anyone to "go away" from a forum

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Just like you are entitled to have an opinion so am I. IM sure you feel entitled to yours and because I offered a contrasting thought, you want to question whether I can have an opinion or not. Come on man. Its not a hate thing, its just some things are not my preference. I signed up on this site and have a username and that entitles me to type my opinion. I haven't used any slurs or called anyone names or ever told anyone to "go away" from a forum

I agree that everyone has opinions, and, yeah, this is a place to voice opinions, sure.

I'm just pointing out that just because you (or me, or anyone) have an opinion does not mean that you (or me, or anyone) are entitled to it. Sure, we all have opinions, and yeah, we all have the right to voice them (if we wish), but that doesn't mean that everyone's opinions have equal validity on every subject.

I have very strong opinions on abortion, for example; I believe that the decision of whether or not to remain pregnant should be the choice of the person who is pregnant, that's my opinion. But, I recognize that though I have a right to think whatever I want about it, it doesn't make my opinion of equal value to that of a woman. or a doctor.

Similarly, I don't think who other people fall in love with or have sex with is any of my business, so I feel like it isn't anyone else's either. But for people who have been socially marginalized for this, or had other negative experiences with it, I would defer to their opinions. I guess, besides not understanding your opinion, I can't help but wonder what your point was by posting it.

I'm not trying to call you out or imply that you're intolerant or anything, that's not my place. But, I mean, if you have the right to voice your opinion, I have the right to question it; isn't that so?

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

Similarly, I don't think who other people fall in love with or have sex with is any of my business, so I feel like it isn't anyone else's either. But for people who have been socially marginalized for this, or had other negative experiences with it, I would defer to their opinions. I guess, besides not understanding your opinion, I can't help but wonder what your point was by posting it.

That really makes no sense.

Up front: I'm against homosexuality - let's just get that out of the way.

What you're saying is that I'm not entitled to have that opinion b/c I'm not gay or have never had a gay encounter to form that negative opinion.

Wow.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no problem with the book... problem with the fact that Northstar's pube's appear to be showing....

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HAWK2916

@oldnightcrawler:

Really, what gives you the right to question my opinion? Do you feel entitled to do that? I am entitled to my opinion because it belongs to me. This is Hawk2916's opinion. What happened to freedom of speech? I can say what I want. And again I used no slurs and I didn't downgrade anyone's lifestyle, all I said was Im not into that.

People are so quick to scream intolerance and bullying and everything else but you have to consider that everyone is not going to agree with you. And IMO whether a person is gay, straight, bisexual, for abortion, against abortion, rich, poor or whatever as long you can stand by what you believe in and not be afraid to voice it then that's being an adult and having courage.

In all honesty it doesn't really matter to me, because you can question my opinion all you want (in fact I would have no problem explaining to you why I don't like it in detail) but what you cant do is disregard it.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ultra_beleco

I was going to say: "Homophobes in this thread in 3...2...1" too slow, they are already here.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultra_beleco said:

I was going to say: "Homophobes in this thread in 3...2...1" too slow, they are already here.

And what exactly is a homophobe? Someone who doesn't agree w/ homosexuality?

The majority of people who throw that term around are inherently hypocrites. They want people to have an open mind and respect others, yet they themselves simultaneously doing the exact opposite.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler:

Really, what gives you the right to question my opinion? Do you feel entitled to do that? I am entitled to my opinion because it belongs to me. This is Hawk2916's opinion. What happened to freedom of speech? I can say what I want. And again I used no slurs and I didn't downgrade anyone's lifestyle, all I said was Im not into that.

yeah, freedom of speech means if you get to say something about something that has nothing to do with you, I also have the right to say something about what you said. That seems fair. And, like I said, I'm not saying that you are being intolerant, I'm just saying I don't know why you would say what you said.

People are so quick to scream intolerance and bullying and everything else but you have to consider that everyone is not going to agree with you. And IMO whether a person is gay, straight, bisexual, for abortion, against abortion, rich, poor or whatever as long you can stand by what you believe in and not be afraid to voice it then that's being an adult and having courage.

okay, but how is that different from what I'm doing? like you said, not everyone is going to agree with you.

I'm not trying to bully you, I'm trying to understand why you would say what you said.

In all honesty it doesn't really matter to me, because you can question my opinion all you want (in fact I would have no problem explaining to you why I don't like it in detail) but what you cant do is disregard it.

which is what I would have been doing if I'd said nothing at all.

@ctg said:

What is there to disagree with about?

Either you are gay or you're not; and if you're not, how does it concern you enough to have an opinion against? And what entitles you to that opinion?

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg: Homophobe is a person that have a problem with homossexuality, Plain and simply. You don't agree with homossexuality? Great. But for me is like not agreeing with the Rain or the blue color of the sky. It is childish, inapropriate and also prety useless.

For the record. You want to have your opinion about other people sexuality? Fine by me. Well the interesting news: I also have an opinion about your opinion, IT SUCKS! And I also have an opinion about your behavior I think it's homophobic.

By the way, am I entitled to my opinion? That you are a homophobe? Or only you have the right to say anything you want?

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Bam! 100th post! Break out the Cristal!

So.... What's going on in here?

Ooooo... Homophobia, that sucks. Well, Peace! I'm out of here!

100th post! Woot woot!

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CTG

@ultra_beleco said:

@ctg: Homophobe is a person that have a problem with homossexuality, Plain and simply. You don't agree with homossexuality? Great. But for me is like not agreeing with the Rain or the blue color of the sky. It is childish, inapropriate and also prety useless.

For the record. You want to have your opinion about other people sexuality? Fine by me. Well the interesting news: I also have an opinion about your opinion, IT SUCKS! And I also have an opinion about your behavior I think it's homophobic.

By the way, am I entitled to my opinion? That you are a homophobe? Or only you have the right to say anything you want?

Here's the difference - I've never once said anyone was not entitled to their opinion. However, the pro-gay community are the ones who jump down the throats of any who disagree w/ them.

No one called homosexuals a derogatory term here. That's you throwing around those types of terms. HAWK and myself made simple statements and look what it turned into. The reason? B/c the vast majority of the pro-gay community ask for people to respect their opinions, yet refuse to act in the same manner.

I don't know why you're pro-gay. I don't even care - yet I haven't went and called your opinion useless or childish just b/c I don't agree w/ it. See the difference?

It's alright to disagree - it's how you go about that disagreement that defines you and to an extent your cause. You've handled it in a very immature manner and I have nothing less to say to you. Learn to disagree like a mature adult and perhaps we can have a conversation.

And for the record, that's NOT what homophobia means. Being a homophobe means having an irrational hate, bigotry, or fear of homosexuals. Disagreeing w/ the lifestyle is not in itself homophobic. Thus, before anyone starts throwing that term around in the future, you better find out why the person you're speaking w/ has a disagreement.

@oldnightcrawler said:

@ctg said:

Either you are gay or you're not; and if you're not, how does it concern you enough to have an opinion against? And what entitles you to that opinion?

The same thing that non-homosexuals support it. Not everyone whose pro-gay is a homosexual. So by your analysis, they have no right to support the cause correct?

Like it or not everyone has an opinion on it and trying to dismiss the opinion b/c you feel someone doesn't have a right to have one is just dumb and quite frankly I thought a lot more of you before this conversation. Not b/c you support homosexuality, but b/c you choose to shut out those who have an opposite opinion w/ horrible logic that can only stem from the same type of intolerance the pro-gay community accuse anti-gay people of having.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@ctg said:

The same thing that non-homosexuals support it. Not everyone whose pro-gay is a homosexual. So by your analysis, they have no right to support the cause correct?

Okay, first off, homosexuality is not a cause, it's just what some people are. I'm not "pro-gay" because I think the sex lives of other people are none of my business, I'm just against inequality in general. That's what being anti-gay, or homophobic, is: it's bigotry, plain and simple.

I get that most people aren't gay, I'm not gay, but that doesn't give anyone the right to say there's anything wrong with being gay. You may believe that there's something wrong with people being gay, you can think that, no one can stop you from thinking that if that's what you really believe, but that doesn't mean that you're right. Or that you are entitled to that opinion.

Like it or not everyone has an opinion on it and trying to dismiss the opinion b/c you feel someone doesn't have a right to have one is just dumb and quite frankly I thought a lot more of you before this conversation.

Everyone has an opinion on what? Homosexuality? I don't have an opinion on homosexuality, because I'm not a homosexual and I can't see any way that someone being one could possibly effect me; what I have an opinion on is people thinking they are entitled to have an opinion about it.

It really bugs me when people use the excuse that they're entitled to their opinion, as if any thing from someone's personal taste to their willful ignorance is deserving of the same respect as logic and facts. It's not. It's just your opinion.

I'd advise double checking your own logic with regards to this matter. I'm definitely not going to accuse you of being some kind of bigot, but before you rush to the defense of ignorance, you might want to think it through.

I do applaud you for pointing out that we should try to keep an open mind, which is why most of my prior posts were in the form of questions, because I personally do want to hear what @hawk2916 has to say about this opinion he feels strongly enough about to voice here. I don't feel I've shut out anyone here today, in fact, by questioning his post, what have I actually done other than try to engage him?

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait so they're all gay? hum... I am surprised about a few of them. A few yes, but still I'm surprised. It's not a big deal. I was just unaware. For a moment I thought Hulking was Elixir so I was EXTREMEly surprised. Like wait... I thought... he... and... you know... that thing... with the thing... You memmmber.

( + )

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

haters gonna hate, inflammatory opinions (though 100% valid) are only posted by class A assh0les (my opinion, guess I'm one too- but aren't we all?)

This IS a beautiful piece of artwork too btw.

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By UltimateJonathan

Lol

OhItsThatGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ctg: I think a lot of gay people react negatively to people saying that they "disagree with homosexuality" because it shows that the person is talking about something they don't know anything about. Homosexuality isn't really a theory, philosophy, or lifestyle. Gays think differently and live in all kinds of ways. Gayness is an innate trait. Even the medical community is in agreement on that. Even Exodus International, what was once the largest "conversion therapy" place on Earth, closed its doors because a lot of the top guys had to acknowledge that gayness just was innate and can't be rubbed out. You saying you disagree with homosexuality is like you saying you disagree with whiteness, tallness, or blue eyes. It just comes off as silly. You can think whatever you like, by the way. I'm just letting you know why gays, and people that support gays, would be upset by your statement.