• 71 results
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

“Amazing X-Men” by Jason Aaron and artist Ed McGuinness and Nightcrawler returns

No Caption Provided

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

They're giving Jason Aaron another X-Book. Would rather have a different writer.

Hmmm, I suppose his Nightcrawler in Wolverine Vol.4 was good. I'm on board as long as he doesn't indulge in the silliness of WaTXM and stills to the more series notes.

EDIT: Happy to have Kurt back!

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Good to have Nightcrawler back.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine: hmm since he has pirates in it I don't think it's going to be all that serious

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Is that Firestar?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By John Valentine
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@john_valentine: hmm since he has pirates in it I don't think it's going to be all that serious

Urgh, yeah. One can hope, though!

I kinda wished they'd left Storm and Wolverine out of this team as well

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Unusually, I can see the point of having Wolverine in this team due to his connection to Kurt. Same goes for Storm, although I realise the relationship between Kurt and Ororo isn't as great as between Logan and Kurt. It would make sense for Kitty to be on this team too.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@john_valentine said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

Unusually, I can see the point of having Wolverine in this team due to his connection to Kurt. Same goes for Storm, although I realise the relationship between Kurt and Ororo isn't as great as between Logan and Kurt. It would make sense for Kitty to be on this team too.

Yea but I just wish Wolverine and Storm weren't in every single X-team

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great to see Kurt back(hopefully its 616 Kurt), and is he fighting pirate Azazel? Also, I haven't seen Firestar in years. Great to see her getting some love

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Hope that's not the actual costume they're sticking on Kurt....

However, I love this team. Firestar, Iceman, Northstar AND Nightcrawler?

Fangasm.

(Shame about the writer).

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

Maybe they can be taken off another team? They're pretty needed on this one, IMO!

I like Firestar in the Ultimate Universe, but she's never really done anything of importance (at least in the last twenty-five years!) with the X-Men in 616, to my knowledge!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By HAWK2916

Would rather they had Magma in that role but oh well. I hope its good though.

Im also a bit confused becauseI know Wolverine was close to Nightcrawler and all but this series is supposed to be about him trying to bring Nightcrawler back from the dead. I would have thought if anyone Wolvie would be trying to bring Jean Grey back. Maybe the series will be all about resurrecting dead xmen

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hey look.

Wolverine is in another team. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeyy...

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I don't like this. I don't like Ororo's inclusion and i don't like the fact that Aaron is set to write yet another X-Series with the same damn characters. I'm not getting it. Are the editors actually advocating character stagnation or is this just laziness intertwined with the lust for the benjamins and severe lacking within the creative department ? Seriously, i mean, Firestar's cool, but she doesn't even make any sense, looks like more of a token-pet-character inclusion as opposed to adding some substantial dynamic. We have tons of obscure and criminally underused characters in the X-Verse, and alas, IT'S THE SAME BLOODY ONES. The X-Verse is in dire need of some creative refreshment if it's just gonna be the same old rosters with the same old rehashed plots. They're underhandedly driving the franchise into the ground. And it IS that deep.

Again, Ororo written by Aaron--let someone else suffer such a gruesome fate. This is just gonna be another story for Aaron to fan wank fan wank fan wank and fan wank some more with Wolverine. While deliberately disregarding current continuity regarding all characters. I can't.

Get some fresh blood, Marvel. This is embarrassing.

(obvz, my point's inconsequential as people as still gonna buy the shite out of this...)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Storm will also be in the book oh yeah! : )

cajunpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm dying for Gambit to be in any book, and we get another book with Wolverine. Marvel can go jump in a lake. I'll buy DC, and avoid anything Marvel / Disney / ABC.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:

They're giving Jason Aaron another X-Book. Would rather have a different writer.

Agree. The last stories is WatX are a little bit weak.

I like the idea of having Firestar join a X-team.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22  Edited By lorex

I am of 2 minds about Aaron getting another title. I really love his work on Thor but I feel Wolverine and the X-Men has gone to shit reciently. While cover art does not usually indicate everything but we do not need another book with Wolverine in it. I will keep an eye out for this but I am not hopeful this will be any good.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Another X-Men... Ah well, best of luck to them.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@john_valentine said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

but there is between Storm and Wolverine

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really excited because I love Nightcrawler and I'm glad to see him back.

I understand why Storm and Wolverine are here since thosse two are some of his closest friends. but Wolverine Is on so many teamsss already. I dont mind storm really.

But tO be honest I would have loved to seen some of Nightcrawlers extendes family in this, Amanda Seftyon maybe, Nocturne, Rouge, Mystique. Hopefull they will show up though. Kitty pryde as well.

Although this is a pretty good team in the end. Glad to see some lgbt representation with Northstar.

I like Firestar but I don't understand her connection I would love to see where it goes and why she is here.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john_valentine said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@john_valentine said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

but there is between Storm and Wolverine

(Doesn't make sense).

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GonnaRain

Yay, another book with Wolverine on it...

Seriously, glad to see Kurt, Firestar and even Iceman. But Wolverine and Storm?

I really hope it's not the final roster of the book.

And, when will Scott, Emma, Mags or Magik appear in other books? I'm liking Uncanny very much, but they're quite popular characters, and it seems like every other big X-Men is appearing in at least 3 books, while they're kept in just one.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xmentas

Yay more storm and Wolverine....I wonder how Storm can roll with Amazing X-men, X-Force, and the school all at once?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome back Kurt!

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xmentas said:

Yay more storm and Wolverine....I wonder how Storm can roll with Amazing X-men, X-Force, and the school all at once?

She took lessons from Wolverine obviously.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another X-men book with the usual X-men characters (except for Firestar). I'm not too hyped about this one. I'm hoping to see an X-book composed of unused characters (*cough* New X-men*cough*).

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing.

Awesome that Nightcrawler is coming back. But maybe a bit too soon after the intro of AOA Nightcrawler.

As for Jason Aaron writing... i hope (although i doubt it will happen) this means the end of Wolverine and the X-Men. That book was fun at first, but its gotten stale, and its no Future Foundation. Wrap it up and let it go is what i say.

Also, i think Nightcrawler should join the Uncanny team. He died so that Hope could live. And the Avengers (and Wolverine) came pretty close to screwing up the whole reviving of the mutant race. btw, lets not rehash that argument over who was right and who was wrong. End of the day, it'll be boring if Nightcrawler joins Wolverine's crew. I'd much rather see him trying to help Scott "redeem" himself.

Yay for Firestar though. Hopefully they can work in some "ex-roomies" dialogue for her and Iceman.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another book starring Wolverine, Storm, Iceman and Beast... yay.

Couldn't care less about Nightcrawler coming back.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GonnaRain

@ctg said:

Another book starring Wolverine, Storm, Iceman and Beast... yay.

Couldn't care less about Nightcrawler coming back.

To be fair, currently Iceman is just appearing in Astonishing if I'm not wrong. WatXM and ANXM he just makes random cameos without much dialogue or importance, even if we count Iceboy, aside from the last issue of ANXM, he was just background material.

Beast, even if I hate him, is pretty much in the same boat, he is just present in ANXM if I'm not mistaken.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HAWK2916

I would be a little more happy with a team set up to be a somewhat similar to DC's suicide squad going on missions where the chances of survival are low. This team would consist of Xmen who are seeking redemption and they would imo be good to take on a mission like this. My team would be: Psylocke, Colossus, Blink, Bishop and I guess because of his connection to Kurt, maybe Wolverine though in not keen on him being in yet another book, also bring in maybe Jubilee and Amanda Sefton

I still struggle a bit with the premise of this book though, because as I said before, my question is are they just rescuing Kurt or what about other that are dead like Jean grey, Banshee, Rusty Collins, Bedlam and others.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How lovely I get to see yet another book starring Logan, Iceman, Storm and Hank. It's not like we can't see these other mutants in a half dozen other ongoing comics. Give me Kurt, Kitty and Colossus over this roster any day.

I miss the blue team. Marvel Now is horrible for my reading tastes.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

looking at this, I can't help but thinking that the best characters to involve in the return of Nightcrawler would probably be Wolverine, Storm, Kitty, and Rachel, all of whom Arron is already writing into the background of Wolverine and the X-men as the faculty. Beast and Iceman are in that too. It just makes me wonder why this story isn't being done in that book instead.

Is it because so many people dislike WatX-men, and they don't want to polarize the return of a classic character?

If it happened that this book was meant to replace that one, I would maybe have two reasons to be interested..

..but it does just feel like some over-kill, especially where Arron's approach to the X-men (and half of these same characters) in his other book has already been not all that great.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GonnaRain

I just hope that the new book "The Utopians" doesn't revolve around Wolverine, Storm, and even Kitty for a change. I really hope it's an Extinction Team book.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By slimlim

If it happened that this book was meant to replace that one, I would maybe have two reasons to be interested..

I hope this is the case. WATXM had its moments. But im already tired of it. Apart from Quire, i don't really care much about the rest of the young students. Even if Amazing X-Men is a seperate title, I won't be surprised if the story works hand in hand with the happenings in WATXM. Probably to do with all the Bamfs in the school.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xmentas said:

She took lessons from Wolverine obviously.

Nice one! : )

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope that the new book "The Utopians" doesn't revolve around Wolverine, Storm, and even Kitty for a change. I really hope it's an Extinction Team book.

Never heard of this. A book called the Utopians seriously?

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Hopefully someone can fill me in here... But hasn't Nightcrawler been back for a while now, he was in the majority of the remender uncanny x-force run. OR is this just his return to strictly x-men????

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@chem86: Nightcrawler was killed by Bastion protecting Hope Summers during Second Coming (Tear-jerker)

Since then he's stayed dead. The Nightcrawler that you're talking about is the version from the Age of Apocalypse who crossed into the 616 Universe with Uncanny X-Force during Remender's run to hunt down Blob, Iceman etc.

So no, not the same characters (Vastly different in personality and approach) but an easy mistake to make.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DEGRAAF

Nightcrawler looks different

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@backflip said:

@chem86: Nightcrawler was killed by Bastion protecting Hope Summers during Second Coming (Tear-jerker)

Since then he's stayed dead. The Nightcrawler that you're talking about is the version from the Age of Apocalypse who crossed into the 616 Universe with Uncanny X-Force during Remender's run to hunt down Blob, Iceman etc.

So no, not the same characters (Vastly different in personality and approach) but an easy mistake to make.

Thanks the info, makes sense now. I'm still kinda new to comics, only been into them for about a year now so still learning.

gambit75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Replace Wolverine with Spider-man and I will buy the book.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@gonnarain said:

Never heard of this. A book called the Utopians seriously?

Apparently. I don't know much aside from what I just read at CBR, apparently it was said at the SDCC. Still there's not much known about it.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: @jhazzroucher: @ageofhurricane: This new series will coincide with Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men series. Only it will treat the X-Men like how they used to be, "more classical and have them go on more missions." That's an understatement as I am opposed to Aaron's writing... especially on another title, with the same characters. Wolverine, ironically, fits here in this team and situation because of Kurt's return, but Iceman, Northstar, Beast, Storm, and especially Firestar are so unusually cast that they do not fit well here. Storm has had a good relationship before with Kurt and I assuming so has all the other X-Men, but let's have a bit more creativity inserted into this process of a new series.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great another wolverine book.....marvel enough already!!! geez

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great another wolverine book.....marvel enough already!!! geez

Well how about we (the fans/readers/consumers) make a statement and refuse to buy anything Wolverine related until Marvel learns that the X-Men have more members than the usual 5 they keep reusing!