• 118 results
Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cutter

Hi guys...it's been a while since I've been very busy with my projects (I truly miss coming here). I made 10 pages so far and need to make at lease 2 more which I'm working on it. I was assigned by my professor to see Tom Defalco (which he knows him and had worked together), but I needed at lease 2 more pages. I'm Extremely excited to see what Tom have to say about my project. I have to mail those to him once I'm done. He will give me a critique and advice. A lot of good things happened lately...anyway...let me start talking about the Magneto series which I've been dying to discuss a little

Let me jump to issue #5 the introduction of a new character...Briar. We finally got to know (from my game thread) that the girl we thought...or at least we thought...might be some familiar ones and it happened to be a new mysterious character...interesting.

Briar Raleigh...who was spying Magneto and came forward with interesting information about S.H.I.E.L.D and the Marauders. The reason for her interfering...doesn't seem to show her motives of why she was helping Magneto. I'm sure she have her own agenda and wants to get back at Magneto for the incident when she broke her leg. All I know she might be dangerous for the Master of Magnetism. I wonder what she's up to?
Briar Raleigh...who was spying Magneto and came forward with interesting information about S.H.I.E.L.D and the Marauders. The reason for her interfering...doesn't seem to show her motives of why she was helping Magneto. I'm sure she have her own agenda and wants to get back at Magneto for the incident when she broke her leg. All I know she might be dangerous for the Master of Magnetism. I wonder what she's up to?

Magneto found the clones of Marauders. Oh my...I was impressed when Magneto faced them and killed them all...but most of all I was impressed seeing the Marauders once again. I was speechless at the end of this chapter. I'm sure it crossed many of your minds these are the new incarnation of the Acolytes...trust me...that crossed my mind too, but deep inside...something tells me that they are going to be Magneto's pawns...he's just gonna use them and manipulate them until they're not useful anymore. They're pretty much Magneto recycles and those...he will send out to die when there is a dangerous conflict...or send them on suicide mission. They will die...but the question is how...when...where...why...and who? Perhaps he gets to keep some for his new formal team...I wonder. I guess we'll find out.
Magneto found the clones of Marauders. Oh my...I was impressed when Magneto faced them and killed them all...but most of all I was impressed seeing the Marauders once again. I was speechless at the end of this chapter. I'm sure it crossed many of your minds these are the new incarnation of the Acolytes...trust me...that crossed my mind too, but deep inside...something tells me that they are going to be Magneto's pawns...he's just gonna use them and manipulate them until they're not useful anymore. They're pretty much Magneto recycles and those...he will send out to die when there is a dangerous conflict...or send them on suicide mission. They will die...but the question is how...when...where...why...and who? Perhaps he gets to keep some for his new formal team...I wonder. I guess we'll find out.

This is my favorite part lol. Here we can see Magneto with his original Acolytes, which is Delgado, Chrome, Ann Marie, and finally after more then 2 decades of not being in pictures...Nance Winter. I was happy to see this once more and especially with Nance in it. The rumors of Nance is that after Asteroid M crashed...her body wasn't found. It's stated that she survived some how and was freed of mind control from Ann Marie. She didn't remember anything...and walked away and started a new life. I was curious seeing her in the pic...it makes me think that perhaps she's going to be in this series in the long run. I don't know...I'm just guessing...maybe not...but it could give us a bombshell since she vanished with no trace whatsoever.
This is my favorite part lol. Here we can see Magneto with his original Acolytes, which is Delgado, Chrome, Ann Marie, and finally after more then 2 decades of not being in pictures...Nance Winter. I was happy to see this once more and especially with Nance in it. The rumors of Nance is that after Asteroid M crashed...her body wasn't found. It's stated that she survived some how and was freed of mind control from Ann Marie. She didn't remember anything...and walked away and started a new life. I was curious seeing her in the pic...it makes me think that perhaps she's going to be in this series in the long run. I don't know...I'm just guessing...maybe not...but it could give us a bombshell since she vanished with no trace whatsoever.

Another interesting theory. This issue coming soon and it will be Magneto coming across to something while in Hong Kong. And guess who it is...I believe is the Predator-X...who feed on mutants...the mutant killer. This I can't wait to see.
Another interesting theory. This issue coming soon and it will be Magneto coming across to something while in Hong Kong. And guess who it is...I believe is the Predator-X...who feed on mutants...the mutant killer. This I can't wait to see.

No Caption Provided
And finally Magneto to Axis or March to Axis. Magneto facing the Red Skull was soooo unexpected to me. This I never thought. Red Skull in Genosha leading and imprisoning new mutants...there will be a team called the S Men (I think). This is going to be very big (big confrontation) since Red Skull had dug up and stole the brain of Prof-X. Oh my...who would've thought of that? There will be a new character who I think it might be the first gathering of the incarnation of the Acolytes...at least I think. I can be wrong. But here is what CBR ask Bunn...which I'm sure some of you had read already.
And finally Magneto to Axis or March to Axis. Magneto facing the Red Skull was soooo unexpected to me. This I never thought. Red Skull in Genosha leading and imprisoning new mutants...there will be a team called the S Men (I think). This is going to be very big (big confrontation) since Red Skull had dug up and stole the brain of Prof-X. Oh my...who would've thought of that? There will be a new character who I think it might be the first gathering of the incarnation of the Acolytes...at least I think. I can be wrong. But here is what CBR ask Bunn...which I'm sure some of you had read already.

CBR: Who are some of the other important supporting players in this story? We will see any familiar mutant faces in the Red Skull's "reeducation camps?"

Bunn: While we'll be seeing some mutant prisoners in the camp, they will be new characters. One in particular -- a girl with some miraculous abilities -- will play a big role in this issue.

We WILL be seeing some new characters. Finally...which I believe and hope...we get to see some that Magneto might gather for his New Incarnation of Acolytes. I'm thinking he will free them and kill those he believe are a threat for mutant society and keep those who he believe will be helpful. I have to tell you guys...I'm extremely excited they way the series is playing out. I've been busy but trust me...I read my comics once I'm taking breaks. I finally decided to come here to discuss this because is too good to let it go by without commenting that this is a F...ing good story. I don't really care about the art...because the story make it look great. I learned that not everyone have the same style. So...what you think guys...any comments about what's been happening and what you think it might happen? I might not be correct on everything...so what's your thought?

PS: Let not forget to follow the story March to Axis in Uncanny Avengers, Captain America, Loki: Agent of Asgard, and of course...Magneto.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By adamTRMM

@cutter:

Wellcome back! Briar is an interesting character, and I'm glad there's finally someone who represents the victimized activists of collateral damage. Very original and ambiguous at the same time.

Yeah, this looks like Predator X, next issue is going to be at least entertaining ;)

I have mixed feeling about Magneto being dragged into Marvel's devastating event, but then, how could he not be? Red Skull pillaged Xavier's grave, disfigured his body and now is abusing his powers, particularly against mutantkind.

Still, it IS "Marvel event" which has already become synonymous to poorly written scenarios and bizarre culminations.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Frozon

Welcome back! And yes the story is good. I'm literally happy for this Magneto book. If only they include Wiccan :(

Magneto finally found those creatures and kills those bastards. Wow. I like the way he utilize his martial art skills to defend himself.

The girl Brial seem to be spooky. Coming from nowhere helping Magneto. I literally can't wait to see what is her agenda. I wonder if she's a mutant. And about the Red Skull vs Magneto, is going to be immensely good story.

I have one simple question. You mentioned someone called Nance Winter, an Acolyte, which I don't think I ever has heard of her. You mentioned after more then two decades, finally someone decided to put her on paper, but where exactly she's been if she didn't pass away? And beside, what's so important about her since she was never around? She must've been in one issue from what I can see. If so, what issue was that?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Veitha

@cutter: nice article! I LOVE Magneto, it's the best mutant title IMO

No Caption Provided

And Briar looks a lot like Briar Rose from Fables

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@adamtrmm said:

I have mixed feeling about Magneto being dragged into Marvel's devastating event, but then, how could he not be? Red Skull pillaged Xavier's grave, disfigured his body and now is abusing his powers, particularly against mutantkind.

Still, it IS "Marvel event" which has already become synonymous to poorly written scenarios and bizarre culminations.

most Marvel events really aren't worth following, in my opinion.

But I think I might give this one a shot if only because it's coming out of stuff that's happened in Uncanny Avengers, which has been pretty great so far.

Also it seems like it's been decades since we've seen Magneto and the 'Skull in the same story (have they been in one since 1989?), and that alone seems pretty epic. And, as much as I disliked the original Onslaught story arc, I have to admit I'm a bit curious to see him(?) in this story, especially since Magneto wasn't around for the first time and it seems like it should be part of his story too..

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By adamTRMM

@oldnightcrawler:

Since issue 14 UA is going downhill and right now I consider this title is nothing but an attempt to make an epic in which it miserably failed. Remender's ignorance in mutant issues doesn't really help, but in the beginning it was at least somehow ignorable when the story itself was incredibly intriguing. But with the revelation of the 'grand master plan' and it's awful execution with terrible character moments, poor premises and lots of PIS/WIS I cannot take this title for serious anymore. Before Red Onslaught begins I'll open a separate thread for its detailed discussion, right now it's my 2 cents.

I also wonder how is using Prof X's brain helps one to gain his powers? Red Skull is now Sylar? Lol don't really expect this question to be answered but I'd say it's a good premise to start pillaging mutant graves, which is just annoying.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@adamtrmm said:

@oldnightcrawler:

Since issue 14 UA is going downhill and right now I consider this title is nothing but an attempt to make an epic in which it miserably failed. Remender's ignorance in mutant issues doesn't really help, but in the beginning it was at least somehow ignorable when the story itself was incredibly intriguing. But with the revelation of the 'grand master plan' and it's awful execution with terrible character moments, poor premises and lots of PIS/WIS I cannot take this title for serious anymore. Before Red Onslaught begins I'll open a separate thread for its detailed discussion, right now it's my 2 cents.

I also wonder how is using Prof X's brain helps one to gain his powers? Red Skull is now Sylar? Lol don't really expect this question to be answered but I'd say it's a good premise to start pillaging mutant graves, which is just annoying.

it isn't really explained, but I just assumed it was the same sort of idea as what the U-Men were doing to mutants in Morrison's run, since it seems like pretty much exactly the same thing. That the 'Skull harvested Xavier's powers from him after he was dead isn't even a new thing, really, since we saw that the Phalanx were working on the same idea back in '94.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it isn't really explained, but I just assumed it was the same sort of idea as what the U-Men were doing to mutants in Morrison's run, since it seems like pretty much exactly the same thing. That the 'Skull harvested Xavier's powers from him after he was dead isn't even a new thing, really, since we saw that the Phalanx were working on the same idea back in '94.

I knew something like this had been referenced before. Though it makes you wonder why the X-Men didn't cremate him considering many villains have tried to get his brain, even when he was alive.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: But I think I might give this one a shot if only because it's coming out of stuff that's happened in Uncanny Avengers, which has been pretty great so far.

I'm glad you will give a shot because this seem to be even greater. And yes...absolutely...we haven't seen Magneto and the Red Skull on the same page for a long time. I'm sure you will love it.

@adamtrmm said:

@cutter:

Wellcome back! Briar is an interesting character, and I'm glad there's finally someone who represents the victimized activists of collateral damage. Very original and ambiguous at the same time.

Yeah, this looks like Predator X, next issue is going to be at least entertaining ;)

Thanks my friend :)

I agree what you're saying about "Marvel event"...but perhaps the Axis event will be different.

Magneto found not one, but three Predator-X and kill one of them. Those gangsters had mutant growth hormone to inject themselves to become some how more powerful. Well I thought that was new...human becoming mutant? 3-things these gangsters shouldn't have...Predator-X, mutant growth hormone, and the ability to sense mutants. He knows that these gangsters (or what ever they are) were getting supplies from somewhere...from somebody...but he just don't know who or where. This is getting so good...lol. And about the mutant growth hormone...I have a feeling he's going to use the last vial to become more powerful. Perhaps, that's when we get to see the old Max and perhaps that when he get to face the Red Skull. He need to be powerful in order to defeat him.

We finally know that Briar is extremely rich or somebody is funding her...if she's being funded...then that's not good for Magneto. Oh I can't wait to see what is her plan...or who's behind all this.

@frozon said:

Welcome back! And yes the story is good. I'm literally happy for this Magneto book. If only they include Wiccan :(

Magneto finally found those creatures and kills those bastards. Wow. I like the way he utilize his martial art skills to defend himself.

The girl Brial seem to be spooky. Coming from nowhere helping Magneto. I literally can't wait to see what is her agenda. I wonder if she's a mutant. And about the Red Skull vs Magneto, is going to be immensely good story.

I have one simple question. You mentioned someone called Nance Winter, an Acolyte, which I don't think I ever has heard of her. You mentioned after more then two decades, finally someone decided to put her on paper, but where exactly she's been if she didn't pass away? And beside, what's so important about her since she was never around? She must've been in one issue from what I can see. If so, what issue was that?

Thanks my friend.

Yes...Briar seem to be spooky...and yes...this is an extremely good story. I also would've like to see Wiccan coming forward somehow.

To answer your question, Nance Winter appeared in 2 issues and in the third issue she died (or they thought she did), but not showing her. It's stated that she survived somehow and walked away while not remembering anything or what happened. Is not that she's important, but seeing her in the picture after decades was a surprise to me. I thought that the writers forgot about her and seeing that someone decided to put her on paper was curious to me. And to give you a little hint...she was a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent back then. And knowing that S.H.I.E.L.D. is involved in this story...it does give me a chills to think that Briar is Nance (just a cool idea since she could be anybody). In the incident of when her leg was damaged...one of the paramedics asked her about her name and her family and she hesitated answering both. So, I'm thinking Briar isn't her original name. How did she got the information of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Marauders? This is the answer that we all seek. I wonder.....

@veitha said:

@cutter: nice article! I LOVE Magneto, it's the best mutant title IMO

No Caption Provided

And Briar looks a lot like Briar Rose from Fables

She does look like Briar and don't know who's Briar Rose.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting thread. Red Skull and Magneto facing once again is unexpected indeed. I still haven't got numba 7, but i will soon. Especially from what I'm hearing about the predator x. I don't think I ever heard about Nance Winter. New characters is what I want to see, but I also would like to see some familiar ones. I like Unuscione and Exodus.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Overall, Magneto's book has been awesome. His ruthlessness in pursuing, punishing and destroying those who harm and kill mutants is something I've wanted to see for a long time. I was surprised to see Predator-X in this last issue, and like the others, the bad guy die deliciously. So much karma reaping, it soothes me.

I'm not into Briar all that much. Mysterious women with outside agendas have been done over and over in comics and I'm a little cynical. We'll see, I guess.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adamTRMM
@cutter said:

Thanks my friend :)

I agree what you're saying about "Marvel event"...but perhaps the Axis event will be different.

Magneto found not one, but three Predator-X and kill one of them. Those gangsters had mutant growth hormone to inject themselves to become some how more powerful. Well I thought that was new...human becoming mutant? 3-things these gangsters shouldn't have...Predator-X, mutant growth hormone, and the ability to sense mutants. He knows that these gangsters (or what ever they are) were getting supplies from somewhere...from somebody...but he just don't know who or where. This is getting so good...lol. And about the mutant growth hormone...I have a feeling he's going to use the last vial to become more powerful. Perhaps, that's when we get to see the old Max and perhaps that when he get to face the Red Skull. He need to be powerful in order to defeat him.

We finally know that Briar is extremely rich or somebody is funding her...if she's being funded...then that's not good for Magneto. Oh I can't wait to see what is her plan...or who's behind all this.

Yeah, I agree. The last panel was really suggestive, but I don't want to believe he'll use MGH for being a power junkie and will need a good reason for this, so it appears that Red Skull will be that reason, or maybe something even more unexpected. I'll give Bunn that, what he does is pretty damn original and very well-thought, it's just for some reason I'm kinda worried about the disappointing culmination that might be the final result, I want to be wrong though.

Maybe it is actually Skull she's working for and that's how they'll interact for the "first" time? But that seems to be too simple :)

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yes. This is something big seeing Mag crossing with the Red Skull. I haven't miss not even one chapter. I truly can't wait to C this confrontation. I'm sure Mag will use the vial to become powerful. I thought that was very suggestive also. I remember Nance when she first came out, but I always thought she was Vought. Of-course she wasn't (since she had no power at all). Now that U mentioned about Briar can B Nance as a kool idea, it seems she might B her. And I don't think she's working for the Skull B-cuz It's too simple and too obvious. I'm sure she have her own agenda and we will find out in the long run. This is so original and so entertaining that I thanks GOD for this book to exist. Let C what Acolytes we'll get to C for the new incarnation. @CUTTER I'm sure U can't wait for this and I'm sure how excited U R. Let just HOPE we get to C some of the original.

Nice thread BTW :D

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well welcome back and good luck on your project. As for Magneto, he is a bad ass in his solo book. I'm glad he went on his own. No more being Cyclops lil B^^ch. I hope if the x men ever appear in his series that Magneto show Cyclops who is the REAL master. Who should be kneeing who lmao. I literally can't wait to see his new incarnation and speaking of which. What if the s men become some of his Acolytes? I thought that blue female fit in his shoes. Also, Briar is going to have something big awaiting for Magneto. Just can't wait to finally discover her identity. I'm certain she can be anybody. The Red-Skull is back and THIS is going to be a really good fight between him and Magneto. Oh yes big time. Let just hope Magneto kick his ass lol.

Twinblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. Would like to see your project one day.

Magneto to Axis is something that we can't all miss. I'm sure I'm not. The Red skull facing Magneto's going to be magnificent. I don't remember when the last time was they had interaction, but this is getting good. I just don't see how Magneto will face him when Red skull is wearing Xavier's powerful brain (what if Xavier is alive somewhere in his brain? What if maybe he tried take over Red skull body?). Maybe the mutant hormone will help him as we saw in the last chapter, from issue #7. So, eventually there will be new characters emerging from the prisoner camp in Genosha where Red skull took over. Thinking about it... what if some old Acolytes happen to be in those prisons? That's something we'll never know.

Briar is one of the main characters in this series. Something not right with her and it makes me think she will take over somehow and try to destroy Magneto. I believe that's her agenda. I don;t think she has anything to do with Reddy, but there's something mysterious about her. I love it and hoping this series never ends. Is the only comic so good so far to read.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maybe with MGH he'll be more powerful? SO DAMN COOL. Such a good twist at the end of last issue.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Well that make more sense. I just didn't know what was her agenda while she was with the Acolytes. Now that you mentioned her being a shield agents, It make even more sense if Briar was Nance (it's a cool idea though). You seem to know every Acolytes just by appearance, good eyes. I'm sure Magneto would have acknowledge her identity, but who knows, she changes her aspect and maybe that's why he haven't noticed. I guess we'll find out.

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hotshotters

this is the best of the best. magneto finally facing the red skull. now let see how he will beat him. im sure magneto got this and i'm sure in the prison he will gather some foes for his new team. marauders can be potentially for his team as well. so let see what happen in the future. also let see if briar is nance like cutter mentioned before "new and ties to his past can be nance".

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. Would like to see your project one day.

Magneto to Axis is something that we can't all miss. I'm sure I'm not. The Red skull facing Magneto's going to be magnificent. I don't remember when the last time was they had interaction, but this is getting good. I just don't see how Magneto will face him when Red skull is wearing Xavier's powerful brain (what if Xavier is alive somewhere in his brain? What if maybe he tried take over Red skull body?). Maybe the mutant hormone will help him as we saw in the last chapter, from issue #7. So, eventually there will be new characters emerging from the prisoner camp in Genosha where Red skull took over. Thinking about it... what if some old Acolytes happen to be in those prisons? That's something we'll never know.

Briar is one of the main characters in this series. Something not right with her and it makes me think she will take over somehow and try to destroy Magneto. I believe that's her agenda. I don;t think she has anything to do with Reddy, but there's something mysterious about her. I love it and hoping this series never ends. Is the only comic so good so far to read.

Magnificent indeed. I haven't miss not even one chapter since my first book. Good theory U got here about Xavier. I'm sure this can be done. Let C how he will face the Red Skull when he's having Xavier's most powerful brain. I'm hoping Magneto can beat this as he always have. Briar is what I really want to know more about. Interesting.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cutter

@hotshotters: The best yes...Magneto can handle Red Skull...but only if he were powerful enough to do so. I'm sure with the growth mutant hormone...he will be. Marauders actually are very potentially for Magneto's new crew. I just don't know if they will be accept by Magneto. Well...let see.

@frozon: True...he could have acknowledge he identity...but she's not a mutant. Perhaps her aspect change so much that he don't even recall her as a member or something. Good point. And yes...I do know my Acolytes very well...lol.

@john_valentine: Agree...so damn cool and such a good twist at the end of last issue. I'm thinking is how he will gain his power back and become the Magneto we once knew.

@twinblock: Thanks...hopefully one day you will. I don't remember when was the last time they had interaction, but I know this time they will. I like your idea with Prof-X...seems like it could happen. Not bad idea though. I'm glad the event's going to take place in Genosha. This is going to be so good.

@blackblade: Thanks my friend. Almost done with my project. I also can't wait for the new incarnation. Briar will have some surprises for Magneto. I don't know about the S-Men, but who knows? As you mentioned about the blue woman...she seem interesting.

@moonlighterstone: Thank you :) I am extremely excited for this and I can't wait to meet new Acolytes. Briar might be who I think she is, but not so sure. It was just a cool idea, but I might be right or wrong. I haven't miss an issue either...yet...I've been busy...but I never stop reading or buying my Magneto and WATXM.

@adamtrmm: I thought the same thing too...perhaps she was involved with Red Skull, but like you said...that seems to be too simple. I guess we'll find out. :)

@ms-lola: You're right...mysterious woman with outside agenda did happened before, but not in this book...lol.

@lightblaze: I hope you do get it because is freaking good.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

I knew something like this had been referenced before. Though it makes you wonder why the X-Men didn't cremate him considering many villains have tried to get his brain, even when he was alive.

Big lack of strategic thinking, in general, but I don't think even Scott could have brought himself to order a cremation if he had to make the decision. This is why I think characters like Emma Frost or Sage add value to the team. Everyone was too emotional to make a hard decision like that.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

Big lack of strategic thinking, in general, but I don't think even Scott could have brought himself to order a cremation if he had to make the decision. This is why I think characters like Emma Frost or Sage add value to the team. Everyone was too emotional to make a hard decision like that.

given the circumstances of his death, it seems pretty unlikely that Cyclops or Emma would have been consulted about burial rites..

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: No Doubt!

I just hope is Nance cause it would make more sense then just having a new character coming out of nowhere to directly follow Magneto... just because he's a sugar daddy. lol. I guess I'm with you in this.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PurePower

Marauders was an unexpected scene. They can actually be his new incarnation because they act like the original Acolytes very ferocious. I'm sure there would be more in line for Magneto's new team.

I don't think we are going to see Briar during the Axis event. I'm sure she can be anybody, but in a mystery way, she looks like she's working for someone who's actually can be tied to Magneto's past. Or maybe I'm wrong, but the only way to find out is keep reading lol.

As for BlackBlade, I don't think this blue woman (Dancing Water) fit in Magneto's shoes (the hell you mean by that). She a water girl, yes, but she is also a freak with tentacles like if she were an octopus. Those freaks shouldn't be his new followers. I'm sure Magneto will destroy them all and take over Genosha. Oh how excited this going to be. Hope Wanda finally join Magneto because right now he needs his kids by him.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By adamTRMM

AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #1 (OF 9)

RICK REMENDER (W) • ADAM KUBERT (A)

Cover by JIM CHEUNG

Variant Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG

DEADPOOL PARTY VARIANT COVER BY Chip Zdarsky

DEADPOOL PARTY SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY Chip Zdarsky

VARIANT COVER BY MILO MANARA

INVERSION VARIANT COVER BY TBA

PREMIERE VARIANT COVER BY TBA

YOUNG GUNS COMPLETE VARIANT COVER

ACT I: THE RED SUPREMACY

• The Red Skull has exploited the gifts of the world’s greatest telepath to broadcast pure hatred across the globe. Now, born of the murder of Charles Xavier, World War Hate has begun.

• Tony Stark discovers a secret truth that will upend not only his life, but also the lives of everyone he cares for.

• Can The Avengers and X-Men finally unite? Would their combined strength be enough to hold back the darkness of the Red Onslaught?

• Magneto murdered the wrong man, releasing the greatest evil the Marvel Universe has ever known. Now Rogue and Scarlet Witch are all that stand in its way.

40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

I'm ready for the sh!tstrom btw

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #1 (OF 9)

RICK REMENDER (W) • ADAM KUBERT (A)

Cover by JIM CHEUNG

Variant Cover by SKOTTIE YOUNG

DEADPOOL PARTY VARIANT COVER BY Chip Zdarsky

DEADPOOL PARTY SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY Chip Zdarsky

VARIANT COVER BY MILO MANARA

INVERSION VARIANT COVER BY TBA

PREMIERE VARIANT COVER BY TBA

YOUNG GUNS COMPLETE VARIANT COVER

ACT I: THE RED SUPREMACY

• The Red Skull has exploited the gifts of the world’s greatest telepath to broadcast pure hatred across the globe. Now, born of the murder of Charles Xavier, World War Hate has begun.

• Tony Stark discovers a secret truth that will upend not only his life, but also the lives of everyone he cares for.

• Can The Avengers and X-Men finally unite? Would their combined strength be enough to hold back the darkness of the Red Onslaught?

• Magneto murdered the wrong man, releasing the greatest evil the Marvel Universe has ever known. Now Rogue and Scarlet Witch are all that stand in its way.

40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

I'm ready for the sh!tstrom btw

Interesting. I'm a bit lost with this event. Where exactly this event is going to take place? I thought it was only in Magneto series. But then I read few articles and it's stated that is going to be in A&X Axis (I don't think Cutter ever mentioned about A&X) and in other books as well. When the first story coming out? And in which book in order they will be? Just wondering cause I'm planing to get all the events of Axis.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By adamTRMM

@lightblaze said:

Interesting. I'm a bit lost with this event. Where exactly this event is going to take place? I thought it was only in Magneto series. But then I read few articles and it's stated that is going to be in A&X Axis (I don't think Cutter ever mentioned about A&X) and in other books as well. When the first story coming out? And in which book in order they will be? Just wondering cause I'm planing to get all the events of Axis.

Like you said, it is Axis - an event written by Remender that also spreads into several other books like Magneto, Loki and some others, I think one issue of ANXF is also going to be a tie in. The premise of this event was settled in the first arc of Uncanny Avengers with Red Skull and Xavier's brain bizarre stuff that leads him into what will be called the Red Onslaught. Avengers and X-men will have to unite to fight him and some weird stuff is going to happen as the result lol The only thing I'm really happy about is the return of the real Apocalypse and rumored inclusion of Kid Apocalypse and Angel.

Check this out for better understanding.

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/rick-remender-discusses-act-ii-of-avengers-x-men-a/1100-149490/

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Well thank you for your help. And about the Xavier's brain bizarre thing, it took place in Uncanny Avengers. Strange how writers seem to go so far with their imagination lol. Apocalypse, kid A, and Angel? Niiice. I'm just hoping they don't go against Mag or Xm because knowing Apocalypse who been killed by Mag before and returning back for a revenge would be more likely for him. Unless they have nothing to do with Mag.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightblaze:

It totally reminds me of Sylar from Heroes TV-series lol

Apocalypse and Magneto never even interacted in 616 as far as I know, so I'm totally all for that interaction actually. What Magneto did is leaving previous incarnation of the Red Skull for dead before and Bunn already stated that it will be acknowledged in his series, so I'm also interested in this development. What I mostly worry about is that they'll reverse the whole evolution of Magneto as a character to turn him into a silly villain again as one of the solicitations says he'll betray the good guys to join the bad guys =\ I'm sure it'll be more complicated, but I'm still kinda worried.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lightblaze

@adamtrmm: Lol. Oh how I used to love that show. The fact is that I never knew the one who played Sylar is the one from Star Trek, Spock.

Yes, you're right. there interaction wasn't in 616. How can I forget? lol

Yes, I wouldn't want that to happen either. I don't like Magneto as a full villain. He's quite fine as an anti-hero. I'm hoping they come up with a good reason for this. There are more Mag series coming down the road, so that mean he's going to be a villain through his whole series (after the event of Axis) till it end? GOD I hope not lol.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cutter

I swung by to post our next issue #10

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

"When I Should Have Used The Hidden Weapons At My Disposal" -Magneto

Does he mean the MGH or the Marauders or both?

Right now he's F..k and all he has in mind is survival.

Red Skull is going to get his.

Snurks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This story is going to be very interesting. Red Skull is looking as a bass-a@@ at the moment, but I'm sure it will be not for too long. True villains always lose.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book can't be already out? I need to catch up with this book and all the Axis events.

Avatar image for shadowofthelight
ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book can't be already out? I need to catch up with this book and all the Axis events.

No is not out yet, but better catch up because this is getting REALLY good.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonlighterstone said:

No is not out yet, but better catch up because this is getting REALLY good.

ooops sry. I wasn't paying attention. yes, I will definitely get these books. I know A and XM Axis is coming out by OCT and I'm not missing those for nothing lol

Gazerbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There it is, the Nazi guy just called Magneto Max.

"I've peered inside your mind. I could return your powers to their former glory as easily as flipping a light switch. Would you think me so vile then?"

Interesting. I'm I the only one who noticed this? Is this what I'm thinking? If Professor X is somewhere active in part of his brain would he give this powers back to Max?

Very interesting.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is fabulous. I like the fact that he don't give it F%^&* about his powers being broken or not. He's the type of guy, who will do what ever it take, to save his fellow mutants. For an old man he got some balls lol. This is going to be so fabulous :)

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesante I'm so behind with many books, but I'm going to get as many as I can.

Magneto is going to kill this red scum bag once he's out of that torture. What Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Rogue are doing to him? Oh my I would like to find out. In UA they released Magneto and how cute they look doing that.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I've peered inside your mind. I could return your powers to their former glory as easily as flipping a light switch. Would you think me so vile then?"

Interesting. I'm I the only one who noticed this? Is this what I'm thinking? If Professor X is somewhere active in part of his brain would he give this powers back to Max?

Very interesting.

Sound like it. I can only imagine if Xavier's still have active to his own brain, while Red Skull wearing it (lol), I'm sure in order to defeat this guy he will more likely give Magneto his powers. But then, what with the MGH? I thought this was going to be the reason to power up his powers.

I can't wait to see the rest of this book's panels.

Avatar image for shadowofthelight
ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azalae said:

@gazerbeam said:

Very interesting.

Sound like it. I can only imagine if Xavier's still have active to his own brain, while Red Skull wearing it (lol), I'm sure in order to defeat this guy he will more likely give Magneto his powers. But then, what with the MGH? I thought this was going to be the reason to power up his powers.

I can't wait to see the rest of this book's panels.

Nice. I like it. if that's what the quote mean then good. So that mean the MGH is what gonna make him an OMEGATONS LOL.

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very interesting.

Very

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sky_fire said:

@gazerbeam said:

Very interesting.

Very

And why have I never seen this thread before? COOL!

Warhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Warhammer

Issue #10

Magneto taste power lol

I truly can't wait for issue #11

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Issue #10

Magneto taste power lol

I truly can't wait for issue #11

Yup! He was turning into something.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: So obviously he's not shooting up anything. It looks like he hid a little bit under his own skin. I think he's probably going to regain some of his power. Even though, when humans take the MGH it's probably temporary...but since he's a mutant...it might work a little different on him (who knows?).

@gazerbeam: Good eyes...I was wondering if someone would notice.

@warhammer: Yes...he's tasting power lol...

@viperians: I don't think he was turning into something...he just becoming a more powerful him.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By adamTRMM

@cutter:

I still fail to understand why would he choose so desperately to use MGH. We all know nothing good will come out of this.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@cutter:

I still fail to understand why would he choose so desperately to use MGH. We all know nothing good will come out of this.

Hello...did you see the situation he was in? Kind of a desperate situation. Desperate times call for desperate measure. He needs to survive...he was being tortured to death. I mean...he did say "Given another opportunity, I'll not make the same mistake. Although a second chance might be a bit too much to ask for" -Magneto

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By adamTRMM

@cutter:

You don't get what I'm trying to say here. There lots of characters who don't even have his broken powers and still manage to go against the odds. And when they're outclassed they perform creativeness, strategic thinking, legit preparation and knowing exactly where their limits are. Magneto last two issues was everything but this.

I don't know, if we're talking about depowered Magneto, I wanted development that shows the character ABOVE the powers, and now what, seems like he's just the powers? You see the flaw here? I would understand they were in heated action of a dangerous battle where everything is falling apart, and he really has to "shoot up" or have Wanda or Rogue die (that would be really cool actually), but they weren't. So the bottom line was POWERS!!! instead of creativeness, which is nothing I haven't seen from 90s, from Decimation, only he hadn't have his own solo back then.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm:

I guess the bottom line is that he is still in a desperate situation...yeah, he's not in the heat of battle, but Red Skull isn't gone...so the heat of battle is imminent. He could be right outside the room. He WAITED until the situation WAS desperate before he utilized the vial under his skin (not shoot up)...which tells me that it is a last resort for him. Now...he intends to kick some ass.

That IS creative...inserting the vial under his skin to use it later...waiting until he absolutely needed it...that shows growth and patience....two things Magneto isn't normally known for...and unless the dud has been reading an entirely different comic, depowered Magneto has shown HUGE development into a cunning...ruthless hunter that DOESN'T use his power as a crutch.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Yeah, that is what I mean. He becoming powerful and THIS I'm glad he did :) Magneto's book is getting better and Intense that I don't think I can complain about it.