Cause Cessily is probably the most hurt by the fact that X-23 never considered any of the NXM friends. Dust, Elixir and Hellion have enough baggage of their own to deal with but Mercury really reached out to Laura.
People I want to see face to face are:
- Seriously, when was the last time that they had a heart to heart talk with each other?
- While I understand that Beast hates Cyclops now, I wish they would actually sit down and talk with each other instead of fighting each other all the time.
- Same as Beast and Cyclops.
- Apparently, they are on bad terms with each other and I wished that they would actually make up or I wish the writers would stop making Magik into a villain and actually make up their minds about whether or not they want her to be completely good or completely bad.
- Same as Magik and Colossus.
- This confused me. I thought that Rachel and Kitty were friends, so why would Kitty just suddenly leave Rachel behind like that?
- They were actually pretty good friends and I haven't seen them together since Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force.
- There was a brief moment in X-factor when Monet is playing chess and she makes a point of saying she always plays on the black side because she would never want to be "The White Queen". It totally reminded me Monet doesn't like Emma one bit and she's really could go toe-to-toe with her in a lot ways. I gotta see that.
- I feel like ever since Cyke got his hands on Magik she's only gotten more and more ruthless and detached. I'd kinda like to see the New Mutants perform an extraction and try to stage an intervention with Pitor. If they can manage to acquire her, that is.
Rictor- There was a brief moment in X-Factor where the normally brilliant Peter David made Boom-Boom kind of flippant, saying to Shatterstar that his last costume was "so gay". I always felt that this was unfair to her character because if there's anyone she relates to more it's Rictor, she's always had a very sweet and platonic affection for him. I want to see their friendship revived they always had a good dynamic.
Hellion / X-23 -I don't care what Bendis does, I don't care what the hell Liu tried to do, these are meant to be together, I generally don't give a crap about comics couples, but there was something really special about this pair up and I want them together in the end, I also have a "fan-fiction" sick idea of how this should happen to make sense =]
Beast, Storm, Iceman and pretty much most of JGSCrew / Cyclops - I am rereading Wood's first (IIRC) X-men arc with the proto-mutants story, while I'm heavily enjoying every speech-bubble and every moment of this, I also feel like it was the last time I knew what Storm is about and what she really thinks about what is going on. So are Beast and Iceman, their combined enmity towards Scott feels forced and unnatural acknowledging they were all like brothers (and sister), they were a family. I get that they disagree with him, I get they might even hate what he does, but are their feelings towards him are now also hate? I don't consider this pure, cold antagonism as a good writing, and the drama show-down between them must happen, it should've happened yesterday.
Fantomex / Gambit - it would be nice to see how Gambit trolls Fanto's fake essence of pretty much everything Remy IS, eventually taking a ride on EVA like a boss.
Magneto / His children - there's no doubt, Wanda will get the heroic resurrection (or something similar) by the end of Planet X arc, and the show-down between her and Magneto must take place eventually. Even acknowledging the Xorn retcon, it still wasn't revealed how exactly he was revived/saved/survived the Genoshan genocide. The main speculation - it was her plot-device powers doing. I thing it is also a very nice base for the meeting. Looking forward for ANXF interactions with Magnus as well.
I'd like to see Rachel and Nightcrawler talk for a while. I remember reading Uncanny X-men 450 in which they kissed (was it that issue?), but then Wolverine and Storm came in and 'the moment was lost'. I thought it was pretty cool. But then Rachel went of to space and it was never adressed again... Unless I missed that moment in another issue of course.
@djainess: The way I see it, I think their going to be doing a sort of Wolverine/Storm/Nightcrawler thing.....so it will have never happened as far the writers are concerned....and they generally don't care about Rachel for some reason
Yeah I know that it probably will never be adressed again, I'm sad now :(. I can see the love triangle thingy happen too. It could be interesting, but I feel like a lot of love triangles just fail to deliver. On top of that, they already kind of did this with these characters...
Storm definitely needs some sit down discussions, mainly with:
Rachel Grey (the tension between them is just...)
Also, Psylocke and Wolverine (repair the tension from their fall out in UXF) needs a sit down as well.
And Magik and Colossus.
QFT Especially with Rachel and Cyclops. I still say the whole schism should have been between her and Cyke considering her stance on X-Force at that time. Rachel questioning someone who has lead here before for years still stands to question, what do the Summers have against Storm?