Long Awaited Face to Face

• 63 results
Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Recently we got to see a face to face between Cyclops and Wolverine that didn't involve posturing or a misunderstanding....just two guys alone in a room and it was a good moment where we got to understand where they stand as relates to each other.

My question is, what other characters do you think would benefit from being locked in a room together sometime in the near future?

My short list:
1. The O5 and Cyclops (As stated in another post, they live with the guy and were brought here to stop him from causing a "mutant genocide"...yet even Angel hasn't gotten to talk to him"
2. Rachel Grey and Cyclops (Save for one moment in AvX when he was possessed by the Phoenix they haven't been in the same place in years, clarification perhaps)
3. Cyclops and Scarlet Witch (The woman who has had no consequences for her actions and the guy whose had almost a decade of character decisions written in relation to the same actions)

Yours?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Interesting thread.... Though I would say that the lack of face to face meetings have been more a product of bad writing and choosing to just ignore certain situations. Really fans should have a face to face with the writers and editors lol. But seriously...

I think Storm and Cyclops should have a face to face.I also would like to see Cyclops and Frenzy have a sit down, I always felt that alot was left unsaid there.

Colossus and Magik should have one for sure.

X-23 and Hellion.

Chamber and Husk

Sunspot and Magma.

Havok and Annie and Havok and Polaris

Cannonball should have a face to face with somebody to explain why he chose the Avengers and just left the Xmen.

I have some others i just have to think about it.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: what's the issue between cyclops and frenzy?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: It's the things that are important but don't have a strong moment for the writers to call back too.

ex
Polaris and Quicksilver are in X-Factor.....Magneto's kids who are written with a different reaction to him every time they share a panel....just a little definition would help and since he's getting a solo.....

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RaggedScarecrow

@darthphoenix: During Age of X, Cyclops and Frenzy were a couple (Emma Frost was locked in the brig). When they transitioned back, Frenzy thought they could still be together, but Cyclops rejected her for Emma (although he did give her full membership into the X-Men as a break-up gift). Frenzy then chose to leave Utopia for Westchester with Wolverine, and hasn't interacted with Scott since. However, when Exodus made an appearance he read her mind and revealed that she still like Scott, but doesn't acknowledge her feelings.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LordMordor

Scott / Rachael definitely. Rachael sided with him for most of AvX and to my knowledge hasn't joined in on the Cyke bashing. Even if the two don't have the conflict of other individuals, id really like so see a father daughter moment, just to see their actual thoughts on each other. Bonus points for O5 scott meeting her, and maybe her and O5 Jean actually exchanging words

Piotr / Illyana, this definitely needs to happen. They parted on terrible terms, but she clearly feels regret over what she did to him, while Piotr has now had some time to cool down. I really doubt that he could really bring himself to hate her completely, its not in his character. And he does now understand what she went through with her soul being damned.

Scott / Hank....as weird as it feels to say this, I actually think Hank may have more hatred towards Scott than Logan did. He was basically done with Scott ever since he was tortured during Dark Reign. I think it might take more than a few beers and fighting sentinals to get those two on even semi-decent terms again.

X-23 / Logan...haven't seen or spoken to each other since she joined Avengers Academy...im a sucker for seeing parent / child relationships. Id say Magneto / (Wanda, pietro, and/or Lorna)....but honestly that's one group I don't think will ever be on good terms again.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like the best face-to-face meetings would still be Scott and Rachel. And Colossus and Magik. I've mentioned this before in another thread but I think Rachel should have joined Scott after the Schism. I know some would disagree and some just like whatever comes out, but it just always felt wrong for Rachel to be on Wolverine's side.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

But then Wolverine's team wouldn't have had a telepath since Psylocke was on Utopia...I still like the idea that Rachel is still on Scott's side after AvX just hasn't had a reason to show it.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: So what..lol.. Where is it definitely stated that in order to be a team you have to have a telepath? Just kidding, I know the writers cant fathom that but really they could have done just fine. Even now they could just use Sage in that spot. And didnt Kitty or Beast or somebody make it so Cerebro could be used by non-telepaths? Im not sure

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I think it's been seen....and even Magneto built a Cerebro for his team when their only telepath was broken. And worst case scenario they've got Quentin Quire....for some reason

I think they were trying to capture a certain feeling with that line up though. Wolverine, Beast, Iceman, Kitty, Rachel, there all so colorful...especially when you stand them all together...but now the lead book for that side has Monet, Psylocke and Rachel...and im not saying they should change anything.

but maybe have a all Rachel issue to deal with her plot threads, like telling daddy what you were doing with John Sublime. I'd read that issue.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

05 jean and Rachel - with actual words.

wolverine and x23= wolvie asks x23 = are you nuts? ....for dating 05 scott

white crown jean and wanda= jean doesnt say a word but kicks wanda's chaos ass

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel and Scott

Magik and Colossus

Adult Beast and Scott

Wolverine and Magneto

X-23 and Jubilee

Scott and Havok

Cable and Rachel

Bendis and X-23 fans

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mn_logan said:

Rachel and Scott

Magik and Colossus

Adult Beast and Scott

Wolverine and Magneto

X-23 and Jubilee

Scott and Havok

Bendis and X-23 fans

LOL at the Bendis/X-23

Why wolverine and Magneto?

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

LOL at the Bendis/X-23

Why wolverine and Magneto?

I really want to hear what Magneto would have to say to him about being SHIELD's lapdog for so long since Magneto is so hardcore about mutants protecting their own.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By XsPectre28

the summers family members- scott, alex, cable, nate, rachel, hope, & O5 jean

the Magnus family- Magneto, wanda, quicksilver, polaris, luna, wiccan, & speed

two of marvels most powerful families & none really have any interaction

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

polaris and quicksilver are in one team now

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I agree with this. I always thought these families should have more frequently contact with each other. Especially the Magnus family...they've always been separated, always conflicts, and they never seem to work out on anything. Having them alone, in a room, face to face...I'm sure you will see tears in them...well that's only if...they do care for each other. I'm sure Magneto does...but there be time when his kids discourage him.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

polaris and quicksilver are in one team now

I think I would enjoy a crossover between Magneto's solo and X-Factor, it doesn't seem like it would be too forced considering the nature of X-factor's first 2 issues and he even has some unresolved stuff with Gambit they could play on if they absolutely had to.

Scarlet Witch and Magneto have shared a panel...one time since M-Day.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: i just feel its time & i hate the fact that their are actual bonds beyond being teammates one-time lovers or even former enemies. they have many family bonds that get pushed aside. storm & wolverine both have a child from the future in the present plus wolves daughter/clone.there is a new xavier that is charles grandson yet we still see no interaction with him & legion or even between legion & juggernaught, or rogue & blindfold or mystique & blindfold. no real family bond between emma & her girls

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@xspectre28: That child that Storm has is with T'Challa, not Logan.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: I think he meant Logan has Raze and Storm has ....whatever her daughters name is.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By XsPectre28

@koays: thanx for veing able to see tgru my mistake for what it was @avenger85: it was cause i merged two thoughts was typing too fast but u right it was suppose to be storm & black panther's daughter & wolverine&mystiques son

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm definitely needs some sit down discussions, mainly with:

Cyclops

Rachel Grey (the tension between them is just...)

Kitty Pryde

Colossus

Also, Psylocke and Wolverine (repair the tension from their fall out in UXF) needs a sit down as well.

And Magik and Colossus.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By darthphoenix

@xspectre28: whats the deal between rogue and mystique with blindfold?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#26  Edited By oldnightcrawler
XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By XsPectre28

@darthphoenix: blindfold is destiny's family, rogue considers destiny a mother figure & she was mystique's lover i think thatalone warrants more interaction atleast from rogue, they are basiclly family. i felt that a more brother/sister bond between rogue & nightcrawler should have happened

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

• Scott/Rachel
  • Scott/Havok
  • Rachel/Jean
  • Scott/05
  • X-23/Hellion
  • X-23/Mercury

I want to say Colossus/Magik but it'd be a waste if you ask me. Colossus spent so many years thinking the best of little sister, and after a several years long plot of Illyana orchastrating this suffering and that, she has finally convinced him to hate her. The moment this happens a new writer comes around that tha takes the edge of her and makes her a good guy again.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@xspectre28 said:

Bad news : The highlighted one is NEVER gonna happen, not if Bendis has any say in it.

Moments like this in the summers family are too rare and history now.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xspectre28: That child that Storm has is with T'Challa, not Logan.

i assumed Kymera was T'Challa's... but it hasn't been implicitly stated on panel - at least that i've seen. Kymera could almost as easily be Wolverine's... or Kurt's...

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@denam_pavel: just curious as to why you mentioned X23 and Mercury?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@thunderbolt30: Agreed on Ororo and Kitty.

After touching upon Kyost's preliminary groundwork for their tenure on New X-Men, i'm gonna say Elixir and Moonstar. Dani has A LOT to answer for. *proceeds to devise FF regarding this*

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be biased but I'd love to see the following

Colossus / Magik - not saying they have to be all hugs and such but they really should talk.

Kitty / Colossus - ditto, I'd like to see them actually talk and settle some things.

Scott / Rachel - I'm still of the belief that she's working for Scott undercover.

Jean / Rachel - there's a lot to take in there. (If I remember correctly, Rachel was supposed to be the only person who has no future or past self, where ever she is, that's the real her. Somehow connected to her time travelling ability.)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Koays

Pixie and one of the Mastermind's ......She was revealed to be the daughter of the Original Mastermind an hasn't been explored since. Pixie's background is a good idea for a future arc if they ever get around to it.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@koays said:

Pixie and one of the Mastermind's ......She was revealed to be the daughter of the Original Mastermind an hasn't been explored since. Pixie's background is a good idea for a future arc if they ever get around to it.

every character related to Mastermind should be explored more. He was one of the original greats!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Koays

@koays said:

every character related to Mastermind should be explored more. He was one of the original greats!

Magneto's solo perhaps....he did cross path's with Mystique who has one of the Mastermind's there

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

learning so much from this thread.

kitty and rachel too. they used to be really close during the pre and excalibur days. when rachel returned without the PF, they seem distant or not close anymore.

mystique and wolvie- wolverine tells mystique that they are to have a monster? lol

I just realized, if storm is not pregnant now, she and black panther are to get back together soon

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Storm and Cyclops- Given the opportunity, Storm can really be one of the only people in Marvel who seriously check Cyclops like no other.

Rachel and Jean- Still never had that heart to heart talk yet we are all dying to hear.

Magneto and Gambit- Now that Rogue is dead... how will they react?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thread. And the number of answers I have are overwhelming, I don't even know where to start lol

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40  Edited By jmc247

Among the Magneto family... most of them at least have some level of interaction over the years and some relationship building/development if uneven and contradictory. The area that needs it the most going forward is you have Marvel's two highest profile sisters on the Magnus family... and they have barely interacted over the years. Not that they both haven't thought about each other and talked about each other, but in terms of actual interaction there has been almost nothing there.

Its Wanda and Lorna that most need the face to face among the group.

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way I see it, the best way to get most of these is for Havok and Polaris to get married and invite their families.

Bingo, House Magnus and House Summers reunions all at the same event, along with enough mutant power to start a second Age of Apocalypse

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By HAWK2916

@koays: That would be awesome. In fact that should be a 40-50 page issue or even an arc. The wedding and the face to face with all those members, then have Clan Akkaba crash it with a resurrected Apocalypse (not the kid, but the real villain). Or if not Apocalypse have Vulcan suddenly return with an Armada loyal to him and out for destruction. Or maybe Maddie Pryor could return

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: LOL I completely forgot about Vulcan. But between Vulcan, Maddie and Joseph any wedding crasher is gonna kick off a summer event.

And in the end they find out Polaris is pregnant but Mr. Sinister steals the baby.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

The way I see it, the best way to get most of these is for Havok and Polaris to get married and invite their families.

Bingo, House Magnus and House Summers reunions all at the same event, along with enough mutant power to start a second Age of Apocalypse

Considering that their families don't really care for either of them at the moment and what a huge disaster their last attempted marriage was, I don't see this is something that anyone would want to be a part of. Which means of course that it's right up Bendis's alley. Also, the last I knew Polaris and Havok basically hated each other.

Besides, if you haven't noticed, Marvel is decidedly anti-marriage and anti-happy couples. So it won't happen or if it does it'll just be so they can destroy them a little later. and by a little I mean within a few issues.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

@koays said:

Considering that their families don't really care for either of them at the moment and what a huge disaster their last attempted marriage was, I don't see this is something that anyone would want to be a part of. Which means of course that it's right up Bendis's alley. Also, the last I knew Polaris and Havok basically hated each other.

Besides, if you haven't noticed, Marvel is decidedly anti-marriage and anti-happy couples. So it won't happen or if it does it'll just be so they can destroy them a little later. and by a little I mean within a few issues.

The last time Havok and Polaris broke up wasn't nearly as bad as before.

Besides, Polaris and Magneto don't hate each other, in fact they were cool in the one panel they've shared in together since Genosha was standing.
Polaris could invite Pietro, and by extension Wanda

Havok would invite Rachel. Scott and Cable would probably watch from the bushes though....the only one that even Bendis couldn't logic there is probably X-Man.

The wedding doesn't even have to finish, just the idea is awesome........(I'm a dreamer)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I like that idea, and the wedding not finishing would be perfect. I dont know about Polaris being pregnant but that would just add to the drama. I guess it could be set up by having Polaris and Havok hook up once or twice then going ahead with a wedding because of the baby. The baby being stolen is a very interesting twist though

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Hey it doesn't even have to be born.....it's comics weird stuff happens, asks Cable.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Yeah or Maddie could snatch the child and we get an all new Inferno scenario. The Sinister idea is so interesting though, what would be his reasons for this?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Summers bloodline and Magnus bloodline? If Jean Grey was so great because her genetics made her powerful, then Polaris who(alongside her father) controls one of the fundamental forces of nature, and who's sister can warp reality should be of some interest to Sinister....it's hard to say though since I've never really understood Sinister's motivations

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. I always thought the combination of the bloodlines could produce yet another Omega class mutant and possibly even have another Messiah Complex scenario where everyone is in a race to get this kid. Polaris controlling a force of nature, Havok basically being able to absorb cosmic energy and I think being some kind of Nexus for all realities, could result in an uber powerful child that would be desired by any side because whatever their agenda is, such power would certainly help accomplish it