Last question about All-New X-Men

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If Kitty broke up with Peter because he was willing to kill people to save her, and she broke up with Bobby because he was not mature enough, then why is she getting together with Quill? He has killed plenty of aliens, and he killed Nova, and he is just as immature as iceman, if not more.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366: well the reason is simple. Marvel is making Guardians of the Galaxy a viable property and they need to gain crossover from their X-men audience and since Bendis is writing both characters it's the easy solution.

Otherwise it's stupid from a character point of view because after all colossus put up with for her, and all the "chemistry" she had with Bobby for her to be in a relationship with some space stranger so quick sort of comes out of left field.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dman1366:

because Quill is hotter than bobby, lol.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@koays said:

@dman1366: well the reason is simple. Marvel is making Guardians of the Galaxy a viable property and they need to gain crossover from their X-men audience and since Bendis is writing both characters it's the easy solution.

Otherwise it's stupid from a character point of view because after all colossus put up with for her, and all the "chemistry" she had with Bobby for her to be in a relationship with some space stranger so quick sort of comes out of left field.

mm, yes; I certainly can't imagine becoming romantically interested in a person who didn't fit my character history..

;)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@koays: I agree with this.

Its a stupid attempt at making GOTG viable and its just ridiculous

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get it or particularly care for it. 'Course I still base my logic on why she split with Piotr in the first place. So it makes virtually no sense as to why she's seeing him, but then again I don't think logic plays much these days.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I was actually thinking she'd be single for longer then 5 seconds before starting a long distance relationship of all things after 2 back to back boyfriends

If she wants to date some whacky space fighter guy with a unexplained resurrection and a tree for a friend I won't judge.....much.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: I'm not even mad at them for trying to make it a big property it's just a little insulting that they're trying to lure over us fans who are complaining about the neglecting of one franchise to a franchise they seem to be putting more and more attention on

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rickbarry: @hawk2916: @koays: @dman1366:

@dman1366:

because Quill is hotter than bobby, lol.

I'm just going to quote this;

not even because I agree with it, but because it's the least depressing perspective of how romance works on this thread.

seriously, do you guys have some kind of checklist you go through before you decide it's okay to have feelings for someone?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@koays: I agree with this.

Its a stupid attempt at making GOTG viable and its just ridiculous

i never heard of GOTG until they made the movie and delayed it

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@oldnightcrawler: Put simply.... Yes.

I actually don't know what to say to that... uh..

but, I mean, you do get that people don't do that all the time, right? that developing feelings for someone you don't know that well or have much in common with is a totally normal thing that most people do at some point, yeah?

it just always baffles me when people look at character couplings as though they're illogical or make no sense, as if actual real-life couples are logical or do makes sense to somehow..

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Lol I get the reality of this being more realistic because it's not ideal or the perfect couple..but I hold Kitty to the same standard Id hold anyone else too in this situation. You dump your longtime love interest for reasons that I don't 100% agree with, date a mutual friend so fast it's a rebound and then a month after you dump him your talking about how this new guy you just met is the best and there's this connection even though he lives far away and you only talk over the phone.

If she was my friend I'd suggest she take a break from relationships, before she jumped into this...then I'd shrug as I'm ignored much like my feelings as a fan in this instance are.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Because Bendis does not care about anybodies continuity except his. He doesn't care what another writer created in MARVEL. It is his baby now. (+)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because Bendis does not care about anybodies continuity except his. He doesn't care what another writer created in MARVEL. It is his baby now. (+)

TRUE!!!!!!

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: You've never had the thought about a couple? What they see in that person and why they're together in the first place? You might be the only person on the planet to hold that claim.

They paired her with Bobby immediately after Peter and with Peter immediately after Bobby. Some fans are wondering if they have a direction with the character. It's completely normal.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Nah I dont have a checklist but I can recognize ooc behavior and things that just dont make much sense. Also I dont always agree with or accept what some of these writers do. I guess Rachel and Sublime being together was ok too huh. Just because someone writes it doesnt mean its the best thing and that we should just disregard everything else.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@oldnightcrawler: Lol I get the reality of this being more realistic because it's not ideal or the perfect couple..but I hold Kitty to the same standard Id hold anyone else too in this situation. You dump your longtime love interest for reasons that I don't 100% agree with, date a mutual friend so fast it's a rebound and then a month after you dump him your talking about how this new guy you just met is the best and there's this connection even though he lives far away and you only talk over the phone.

If she was my friend I'd suggest she take a break from relationships, before she jumped into this...then I'd shrug as I'm ignored much like my feelings as a fan in this instance are.

alright, fine, fair enough.

though, if I were your friend in that situation, I imagine I'd respond the same way.

@oldnightcrawler: You've never had the thought about a couple? What they see in that person and why they're together in the first place? You might be the only person on the planet to hold that claim.

I've told my friends if I thought the person they were with was abusive or would take advantage of them.. I guess beyond that I never considered it any of my concern. But when you put it that way, I guess I can see what you mean.

They paired her with Bobby immediately after Peter and with Peter immediately after Bobby. Some fans are wondering if they have a direction with the character. It's completely normal.

yeah, again, I can see that, but it's just not a thing I consider, I guess.

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: Nah I dont have a checklist but I can recognize ooc behavior and things that just dont make much sense. Also I dont always agree with or accept what some of these writers do. I guess Rachel and Sublime being together was ok too huh. Just because someone writes it doesnt mean its the best thing and that we should just disregard everything else.

Rachel and Sublime just seemed pointless because there really was no relationship, it was just vaguely implied for a brief period and then until it was over. Yawn bombs, but it didn't bother me so much as it just seemed pointless. Maybe someday someone will do a story showing that their relationship took place telepathically the whole time and that's why it seemed like nothing happened, but there just wasn't enough there to make me care either way.

but then, in real life is there such a thing as being out of character? or would it just be seeing what you perceive as another side of someone?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HAWK2916

@oldnightcrawler: Man you will never convince me that Kitty jumping from from relationship back to back to back is good writing or even remotely in character. Quill has the same qualities that Kitty supposedly disliked in Colossus and Iceman but she is carrying on a relationship with him,which again is ridiculous. Then again Bendis is in charge now so he can do whatever the hell he wants and the X-offices will ok and some of his fans will gobble it up.

But really I think its clear from several discussions on these forums that Im unsatisfied with the current state of the xmen and find fault with some of the characterizations and things that clearly go against well established history and canon, while many seem to be in a state of bliss at the current direction of things and see this as another heyday for the xmen. I guess its just a difference in perspective, expectation, taste or whatever other word you want to plug in there. I guess those of you that defend everything that goes to print and the few like me who dont will never see eye to eye. And thats ok.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: Man you will never convince me that Kitty jumping from from relationship back to back to back is good writing or even remotely in character. Quill has the same qualities that Kitty supposedly disliked in Colossus and Iceman but she is carrying on a relationship with him,which again is ridiculous. Then again Bendis is in charge now so he can do whatever the hell he wants and the X-offices will ok and some of his fans will gobble it up.

But really I think its clear from several discussions on these forums that Im unsatisfied with the current state of the xmen and find fault with some of the characterizations and things that clearly go against well established history and canon, while many seem to be in a state of bliss at the current direction of things and see this as another heyday for the xmen. I guess its just a difference in perspective, expectation, taste or whatever other word you want to plug in there. I guess those of you that defend everything that goes to print and the few like me who dont will never see eye to eye. And thats ok.

I don't do that, I don't know why you think I do that. It makes it seem like you're just trying to undermine whatever I say by implying that my perspective is less critical than yours (which is a cheap argument, if that's the case). But being able to appreciate things that you don't doesn't, in itself, make me any less critical than you.

You seem to think continuity should limit stories, but a criticism that's only based on continuity errors isn't really a criticism of the story itself.

Continuity only exists to serve the story; saying a story shouldn't be told because it doesn't fit with whatever the official version of continuity is at the time makes continuity more important than stories, which is absolutely pointless.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Maybe because Quill is cute? And maybe someone wants to get to know someone who pricks their interest?

Piotr and Kitty have a pretty complicated history together and back after Schism, Piotr had a bit of an issue of letting his concern for his sister come between him and his Katya on top of being an avatar of destruction. Plus, you know, people grow away from each other, and people can also come back together.

Bobby and Kitty never meshed with me. But there's a few guys my friends have hooked up with who I thought were complete idiots yet made them really happy.

As for Kitty dating, good for her. It being Quill? Kind of random but the arguments above have been pretty sound. Bendis is pushing Guardians, Marvel is too. Getting characters to show up in each others' books is a fairly common tactic. Admittedly, the cinematic portion is another ball thrown into the juggling, but it's all the same.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

Maybe because Quill is cute? And maybe someone wants to get to know someone who pricks their interest?

Piotr and Kitty have a pretty complicated history together and back after Schism, Piotr had a bit of an issue of letting his concern for his sister come between him and his Katya on top of being an avatar of destruction. Plus, you know, people grow away from each other, and people can also come back together.

I get what your saying...but my guy Piotr got her named tattooed on his chest. I'm riding with him out of respect.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HAWK2916

@oldnightcrawler: How you managed to take offense from what I said is a perfect example of what Im talking about as far as seeing eye to eye. I clearly stated that it is a different perspective. It's not undermining anything. Disagreeing can come off as trying to undermine I guess but if thats the case I could accuse you of the same thing. I mean really what makes your opinion so much more important than someone else's?

One thing I wont do is sit there and try to tell me what I think. I happen to see a blatant disregard for continuity as an bad writing. If a writer wont even try to be knowledgeable about the history of what t he is writing then he should stick with his own creator made stuff. If I say I hate murderers and divorce my wife because shes a murder but then go and date a murderer thats hypocritical and if it was in a story you would wonder if the writer knew what the hell he was doing. Its the same here, continuity is not the be all end all but it is somewhat important otherwise why even write or read the story?

But as I said which seems to o be ignored...different opinions,, perspectives, preferences, taste and whatever else you want to call it is ok. It is what it is normally I criticize the current state of things and you usually dont. I think thats a fact. And at the end of the day its opinion and doesnt matter one bit

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@ms-lola said:

I get what your saying...but my guy Piotr got her named tattooed on his chest. I'm riding with him out of respect.

Wah?

Okay, that changes everything. Katya has lost her mind letting that one get away, haha. Then again, he's been having some fun himself since they split so I guess saying he's moved on wouldn't be too much a guess. Fair warning, I am a Kitty/Piotr shipper.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Koays

@ms-lola said:

@koays said:

@ms-lola said:

Wah?

Okay, that changes everything. Katya has lost her mind letting that one get away, haha. Then again, he's been having some fun himself since they split so I guess saying he's moved on wouldn't be too much a guess. Fair warning, I am a Kitty/Piotr shipper.

Lol he did have that thing with Domino, but i think it was still kinda low to date Bobby who's in the friend circle(though that can be said about most X-couples)..though i get it. And i'm man enough to admit that i think Kitty/Colossus is the OTP of X-Men.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: How you managed to take offense from what I said is a perfect example of what Im talking about as far as seeing eye to eye. I clearly stated that it is a different perspective. It's not undermining anything. Disagreeing can come off as trying to undermine I guess but if thats the case I could accuse you of the same thing. I mean really what makes your opinion so much more important than someone else's?

oh, you must be right. I'm just overreacting. There's certainly nothing insulting about being referred to as "those of you that defend everything that goes to print", because it's fine by you if not everyone has your discerning taste. Which, I gotta say, is really big of you to not judge someone as easily placated as me for not having the capacity for critical thought.

(seriously, let's just drop it).

One thing I wont do is sit there and try to tell me what I think. I happen to see a blatant disregard for continuity as an bad writing. If a writer wont even try to be knowledgeable about the history of what t he is writing then he should stick with his own creator made stuff. If I say I hate murderers and divorce my wife because shes a murder but then go and date a murderer thats hypocritical and if it was in a story you would wonder if the writer knew what the hell he was doing. Its the same here, continuity is not the be all end all but it is somewhat important otherwise why even write or read the story?

because a story can be good. With or without continuity, a story can be good.

Continuity is just a tool to tell stories, the story is the point. If continuity would keep a story from happening, it's the continuity that should be ignored, not the story. I mean, do you read stories for their continuity? or for their stories?

But as I said which seems to o be ignored...different opinions,, perspectives, preferences, taste and whatever else you want to call it is ok. It is what it is normally I criticize the current state of things and you usually dont.

or, I weigh my criticisms against the story itself as a whole, rather than getting hung up on details (from, say, another story), and therefore have more appreciation for the story for what it is and less sense of entitlement to continuity.

just a matter of perspective, right?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@koays said:

@ms-lola said:

Wah?

he probably had the tattoo removed when she broke up with him and he still had the phoenix power to erase it. Plus he only got the tattoo because he thought she was dead.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HAWK2916

@oldnightcrawler: Yeah its best we drop it since its descended into arguing for the hell of it. I just said continuity is not the be all end all but I guess that was ignored. And since your way of judging things is so superior, I'll go back to what I said before and keep on saying but obviously is not being seen... we dont see eye to eye on this. Want to argue that statement now too or am i allowed to say that? Once again different opinions and perspectives, and thats ok. Feel better now?

deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Ha!

he probably had the tattoo removed when she broke up with him and he still had the phoenix power to erase it. Plus he only got the tattoo because he thought she was dead.

I always wondered, imagine if the tattoo affected his skin armour in some way? That would be creepy, like some kind of indentation.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: Yeah its best we drop it since its descended into arguing for the hell of it. I just said continuity is not the be all end all but I guess that was ignored. And since your way of judging things is so superior, I'll go back to what I said before and keep on saying but obviously is not being seen... we dont see eye to eye on this. Want to argue that statement now too or am i allowed to say that? Once again different opinions and perspectives, and thats ok. Feel better now?

your allowed to say most anything you want, hawk'; I'm not challenging that, I never was.