Just a question about Cyclops and his abilities

badazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By badazz

Hey guys so what I'm wondering is does Scott Summers know any martial arts or does he just shoot lasers from his eyes? He's always been one of my favorite comic characters but I just realized I don't actually know too much about him so if any of you can tell me more about his powers and what kind of martial arts he knows that would help a lot thanks. Also how strong is he

No Caption Provided
badazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump? should i post this on the marvel forum instead?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Koays

Yes he knows martial arts though it's not specified whether he has a specific discipline. He's shown to be very capable of fighting adversaries even without having the use of his vision, and at one point does so and retraces his steps after a fight to get back to his visor.

Mostly he's one of the best hand to hand fighters (without powers of the x-men) but truly shines as more of a tactician rarely having to engage in a hand to hand fight due to this and his powers

Physical strength varies alot but he's fought raptors and people with physical mutations and held his own.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@badazz: He doesn't shoot lasers at all, he shoots force beams. Possibly from another dimension.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@badazz: He doesn't shoot lasers at all, he shoots force beams. Possibly from another dimension.

LOL for real?????

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badazz:

it should be on the cyclops board. Also there is a rspect cyclops tread on the cyclops board that's really good and shows his feats and skills

badazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@squares said:

LOL for real?????

Yeah. He absorbs ambient energy and uses it to access a dimension filled with nearly infinite energy through apertures in his eyes.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@squares said:

LOL for real?????

Yeah. He absorbs ambient energy and uses it to access a dimension filled with nearly infinite energy through apertures in his eyes.

huh. wierd and cool

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11 god_spawn  Moderator

@badazz:

His wiki page has everything you need to know about how his powers operate and just his other skills in general, I've tried to make sure of that. I'd suggest reading it.

badazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: hey thank you for contributing i really apperciate it because i wouldnt have known, but i dont think it says on his wiki page what specific kind of Martial Arts he is experienced in do you have any idea? (very interested in that kind of stuff always have been i guess

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 god_spawn  Moderator

@badazz: His comicvine does say what martial arts he knows. He holds black belts in both Aikido and Judo.

badazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By badazz

@god_spawn: oh thanks so much i might look more into akido because im not too knowledgeable on that one lol but judo i have heard of obviously

edit i just looked up akido. it is a grappling martial art and while i know that there is obviously punching and kicking involved in everyone i am curious as to how he does punch and kick since both those arts are more grappling

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@badazz: He punches and kicks people like most other training fighters in comics. It's nothing really unique. But if you actually see some of his fighting feats, you'll see he does do a lot of grappling, throwing, or immobilizing when he does strike to hold true to the those specific fighting styles he is slated as a black belt on.

badazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By badazz

@god_spawn: ok thank you so much god spawn that really does help. I am actually reading secret wars now so lets see what he does in there :)

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 god_spawn  Moderator