#1 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

So,

Rachel spent most of her maturing and adult life time traveling. Would she really be nervous or avoid a time displaced Jean Grey?

Granted, we don't know what took place in the telepathic exchange, but it seemed more baffling than amusing. Wonder if the writers are aware that Rachel has had experience talking to an adult Jean before. Different stage of life for Jean, but Rachel should have more skill and communication tools after a long history of such encounters.

#2 Posted by darthphoenix (755 posts) - - Show Bio

i really don't get why she passed the opportunity to bond with the young jean? was she that tired? the writers do know how to keep the fans on their toes and keep guessing why and what's next.

#3 Posted by The_Absolute (892 posts) - - Show Bio

That encounter seemed too odd to me and a bit lazy on the writer's part.

#4 Edited by HumanRocket (8061 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk I enjoyed the little meeting between the two the lack of dialogue actually made it better. I laughed when I saw the reactions between the two after they mind read each other. It's one of those situations where it's best not to have so much diolgue and let he readers use thier imagination to fill the rest but that's just me.

#5 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk I enjoyed the little meeting between the two the lack of dialogue actually made it better. I laughed when I saw the reactions between the two after they mind read each other. It's one of those situations where it's best not to have so much diolgue and let he readers use thier imagination to fill the rest but that's just me.

I felt the same way.

#6 Posted by HAWK2916 (1721 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really understand all the hype and anticipation for them meeting. Its not like they haven't met before so.... I just didn't get all lead up and hype for this

#7 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean and Rachel are central characters to the X-men mythos. There is very little to no depiction of the two characters interacting together which is very rare for comics over the decades. They are both time displaced. From a writing standpoint, the story is full of potential in the right hands.

#8 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole thing was quite stupid. There's funny and then there's forced. But quite a lot of people were satisfied with this sought after "meeting", which just so happened to be the two of them bumping into each other twice in one issue--never to be touched on or expanded upon again.

A* Bendis trollage.

#9 Posted by Avenger85 (1697 posts) - - Show Bio

I was expecting alot more out of the meeting. Instead we got trolled by Bendis.

I have to say, now I kinda understand why AgeOfHurricane hated the series.

#10 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85: Lol. I don't "hate" it per se, but the more people who see the light, the better.

#11 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I loved that little awkward stare between the two Greys. I mean, just imagine if you travelled to the future and met your daughter from an alternate dystopian future dimension? If that were me, I'd be a little uncomfortable too. XD