#1 Posted by HAWK2916 (1335 posts) - - Show Bio

With Agents of Sheild coming in the fall, do you think the time is right for an Xmen series. I've been wanting this for a long time ever since 4400 and Hereos. Now with shows like Game of Thrones, Defiance and Falling Skies as well as what was done in the TV show V, I think the time is right for huge TV show. I know the 1st thing people say is budget in terms of graphics and all but I think those series have proved that graphics may not be a problem. The shows could lead up to blockbuster movies and it would be perfect for a network that would be looking to make it their cash cow. I think it would have a huge following as many people want to get into the Xmen but dont know where to start.

Of course if they cant do a live action show then possibly a big animated series, similar to TAS back in the day. I'd make the show last an hour on Sundays or whenever and it would be something series.

Thoughts?

#2 Edited by cattlebattle (12284 posts) - - Show Bio

No way. I imagine within the next century the growing popularity of TV series will allow production budgets to go up...eventually, TV might have major motion picture budgets and be able to do an X-Men series properly.

#3 Edited by oldnightcrawler (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be happy with a cartoon, if they could make one half as good as the comics.

#4 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5687 posts) - - Show Bio

I would definitely love to see another X-Men series, whether its animated or live-action. What I do wonder about is who would take care of the series in the future? Does Marvel still have the rights to the X-Men TV series wise?

#5 Posted by judasnixon (5450 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh hells yes! As long as Chris Yost and Greg Kyle are writing it........ I want to see the Seconded coming, Remender's X-Force, Age of Apocalypes, Deadly Genesis House of M, and Joss wedon astonishing run get animated...... There is no reason we have to see another version of the Dark Phoenix saga again......... I really want to see a cartoon Fantomex!

#6 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

Mm. Would not mind seeing Yost and Kyle take another shot at a new X-Series. Something similar to Evolution. Cause the youth will dominate.

#7 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5687 posts) - - Show Bio

Mm. Would not mind seeing Yost and Kyle take another shot at a new X-Series. Something similar to Evolution. Cause the youth will dominate.

I definitely would be interested in seeing the New X-Men have their own series in the future.

#8 Posted by Ultra_beleco (184 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Avengers is the "thing" now. X-men is not Marvel's priority anymore, what means that it would result in a terrible show.

It would be my dream, have a TV series with the X-men made by HBO

#9 Posted by HumanRocket (4895 posts) - - Show Bio

The shield show doesn't catch my attention so if they would go in the direction of how that show looks i would t watch. I wouldn't mind if they went with another cartoon version of if but hen again I'm still ticked at marvel for giving us that new avengers cartoon instead of giving EMH another few seasons that show still have plenty to get to and expand the roster.

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5687 posts) - - Show Bio

The shield show doesn't catch my attention so if they would go in the direction of how that show looks i would t watch. I wouldn't mind if they went with another cartoon version of if but hen again I'm still ticked at marvel for giving us that new avengers cartoon instead of giving EMH another few seasons that show still have plenty to get to and expand the roster.

I also would like to see another animated X-Men TV series, but after what happened with Wolverine and the X-Men, I'm kind of afraid that Marvel would cancel the newest animated X-Men series again.

#11 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1312 posts) - - Show Bio

@humanrocket said:

I also would like to see another animated X-Men TV series, but after what happened with Wolverine and the X-Men, I'm kind of afraid that Marvel would cancel the newest animated X-Men series again.

I actually liked Wolverine an the X-men I was really mad that it got canceled as quickly as it did. But what they should have did was stayed with cartoonnetwork instead of going with nick an letting DC take over cartoonnetwork.

But would be very awesome would be to see a great animated x-series on adult swim I would love that.

#12 Edited by Dernman (14025 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel doesn't have the rights so they can't. Fox's last attempt.

#13 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5687 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog said:

@humanrocket said:

I actually liked Wolverine an the X-men I was really mad that it got canceled as quickly as it did. But what they should have did was stayed with cartoonnetwork instead of going with nick an letting DC take over cartoonnetwork.

But would be very awesome would be to see a great animated x-series on adult swim I would love that.

I agree that they should have put Wolverine and the X-Men on Cartoon Network instead. I definitely would like to see an X-Men series on adult swim and see how they handle that!

#14 Edited by ChocolateFrogs (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I think now is a great time for a live-action X-Men TV show, maybe judging the possibility after the success of Agents of SHIELD. I think the biggest drawback would be convincing the general audience on a Wolverine played by someone other than Hugh Jackman (and a Xavier and Magneto that isn't in the films). But the other characters could be recast. There are plenty of possibilities and plenty of comic stories to base episodes off of before going into their own thing.

#15 Edited by McKlayn (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

I am sadden to say that i vastly enjoyed that mad for tv movie when it first came out lol, i was super excited for it and wanted more of it after, i have rewatched it since then lol so yea <.< silly me

#16 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5687 posts) - - Show Bio

I think now is a great time for a live-action X-Men TV show, maybe judging the possibility after the success of Agents of SHIELD. I think the biggest drawback would be convincing the general audience on a Wolverine played by someone other than Hugh Jackman (and a Xavier and Magneto that isn't in the films). But the other characters could be recast. There are plenty of possibilities and plenty of comic stories to base episodes off of before going into their own thing.

I agree with this! I definitely would like to see a live action series on Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men! Might have that Buffy theme running through it.

#17 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

No, but maybe another cartoon.

#18 Posted by poisonfleur (2714 posts) - - Show Bio

Why don't they just make a continuation of TAS???

Same opening theme song too!
Just give it more of a modern day feel and give the tone more of an adult vibe with newer stories

#19 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

I honestly enjoyed that movie. I was like... what 7, when I watched it, and didn't really know any of the characters, since the only knowledge I had on the X-Men was based on the animated series, and I didn't understand why Emma Frost was siding with the X-Men, but it was awesome.

#20 Posted by papad1992 (6815 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane said:

I definitely would be interested in seeing the New X-Men have their own series in the future.

That's my dream!

#21 Posted by AweSam (7110 posts) - - Show Bio

Live-action X-men series would be awesome. Although, it would definitely be a teen show, I'd still watch it.

#22 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

No thanks. Last thing we need is more bullsh*t talking up Wolverine and yet another retelling of the f*cking Phoenix. Waste of time.

#23 Posted by TDK_1997 (13718 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldn't be bad but I don't think we will see it anytime soon and even if we do it won't be any good.