is a main villain Juggernaut movie long over do?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

X3 didn't happen.

Not a lame appearance or a solo movie (maybe) but have a movie where juggernaut is the main focus and has development and is smashing a lot of stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Juggernaut is not compelling or menacing enough to be the main villain in a film.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Yea i think Juggernaut would be better served in a movie about Xavier and his origins. First Class would have been a better place for Juggernaut to appear as opposed to the travesty that was X3.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Juggernaut has never been as awesome as he was in his first fight with Spider-Man.

So... no. Especially not if they aren't willing to make him Xavier's step brother, which was his only real plot point. (Now a Black Tom / Banshee / Prof X / Cain Marko movie can be awesome, if they actually go with the 'stepbrother with stolen powers' angle.)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

over due* and no I don't think it would be that necessary

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

He doesn't even deserve his own movie.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

i like juggenaut but i cant see a 2 hr movie revolving around him happening. though he does make the perfect henchman .(next to Bob)

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Juggernaut is one of my favorite supervillains but he's not good enough to have his own movie.

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He isn't a well rounded enough character to be made into a main villain. He's just purely muscle. The reason Bane worked as a main villain (Yes I understand Talia was the real villain) is because he was a genius tactician and brilliant fighter. The juggernaut is....just a juggernaut. He can't cause enough of a rise in story development.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm maybe not a main villain movie but if he's set up early on and then is the final threat it could be good.

He's got potential and it could bring him back into relevance but really the movies emotion would be about Cain and Xavier and there would need to be something else going on so that the action isn't just Juggernaut running through the X-Men.

Maybe pair him up with Sinister, not as a team but as two villains. One whose looking for Xavier and one who the X-Men are looking for. It could give the younger members (Scott, Storm, Jean) and older cast(Xavier, Mags, Beast and Raven) two separate arcs that'll crossover in the end.

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Hmm maybe not a main villain movie but if he's set up early on and then is the final threat it could be good.

He's got potential and it could bring him back into relevance but really the movies emotion would be about Cain and Xavier and there would need to be something else going on so that the action isn't just Juggernaut running through the X-Men.

Maybe pair him up with Sinister, not as a team but as two villains. One whose looking for Xavier and one who the X-Men are looking for. It could give the younger members (Scott, Storm, Jean) and older cast(Xavier, Mags, Beast and Raven) two separate arcs that'll crossover in the end.

cool idea

General_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By General_T

@_vex_ said:

He isn't a well rounded enough character to be made into a main villain. He's just purely muscle. The reason Bane worked as a main villain (Yes I understand Talia was the real villain) is because he was a genius tactician and brilliant fighter. The juggernaut is....just a juggernaut. He can't cause enough of a rise in story development.

This is justifiably true, but look at it this way. People who have never picked up a comic are starting to get into this stuff due to the Avengers movie franchise. They need to know more about the origins of Juggernaut. He wasn't always a smashing machine. Maybe the storyline could be his life, and he could turn into a psychotic rage monster near the end? Just a thought, but a basic prequel plot could go a long way...

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_ said:

This is justifiably true, but look at it this way. People who have never picked up a comic are starting to get into this stuff due to the Avengers movie franchise. They need to know more about the origins of Juggernaut. He wasn't always a smashing machine. Maybe the storyline could be his life, and he could turn into a psychotic rage monster near the end? Just a thought, but a basic prequel plot could go a long way...

I agree, but from a producer's perspective, how popular is a character like Juggernaut? Will it be a box office hit? Most likely no. Deadpool, a mainstream, dull and predictable is just barely getting his own film now.

General_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_ said:

@general_t said:

@_vex_ said:

I agree, but from a producer's perspective, how popular is a character like Juggernaut? Will it be a box office hit? Most likely no. Deadpool, a mainstream, dull and predictable is just barely getting his own film now.

From a producer's perspective, most good work is taken now. Your only hope is to sell it to the audience. I think with the right cast and writers, a Juggernaut movie could be a hit.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_ said:

@general_t said:

@_vex_ said:

From a producer's perspective, most good work is taken now. Your only hope is to sell it to the audience. I think with the right cast and writers, a Juggernaut movie could be a hit.

Agreed, but there are so many other villain characters they could draw from that would make for a more interesting film.

General_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_ said:

@general_t said:

@_vex_ said:

@general_t said:

@_vex_ said:

Agreed, but there are so many other villain characters they could draw from that would make for a more interesting film.

I certainly don't disagree, but the other villains are too mainstream. Many people aren't into comics, but doing this could get them into comics. That would shoot any other sales through the roof. From a salesman's perspective, there is no better option (if it works).

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_ said:

@general_t said:

@_vex_ said:

@general_t said:

@_vex_ said:

I certainly don't disagree, but the other villains are too mainstream. Many people aren't into comics, but doing this could get them into comics. That would shoot any other sales through the roof. From a salesman's perspective, there is no better option (if it works).

Ok....I'm convinced now lol.

General_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_ said:

@general_t said:

@_vex_ said:

@general_t said:

@_vex_ said:

@general_t said:

@_vex_ said:

Ok....I'm convinced now lol.

Thanks. You were a tough one. I had to think hard for those arguements! lol

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna happpen, i fear.

Beata

General_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna happpen, i fear.

Beata

I agree it isn't happening...but it should...

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No thank you. Juggernaut's not really a compelling character. I don't see how they could make a movie about him.

Thanosmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impervious said:

Juggernaut is one of my favorite supervillains but he's not good enough to have his own movie.

Sign.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

He's a thug, not main villain material.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LordMordor

Guardians of the galaxy wasn't mainstream rather but people flocked to it.

Juggs just doesn't have enough to him to carry a film as a lead villian. Main henchman sure, but unless you warp his story/character some I just don't see him working as a primary antagonist.

That said they could probably make it work if they really tried...but I would say many other villains could do the same without requiring all that extra effort

People are big enough into comic movies that at this point they will basically give anything with the marvel logo a try, GotG proves mainstream doesn't matter right now, marvel has enough good faith for audiences to get them in the door for whatever

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no