• 52 results
#1 Edited by Avenger85 (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

Just look at what she did ! Crazy demonic chick ! Someone needs to get rid of her ASAP.

No, wait. wait ! Before you come at me with pitchforks and torches and flamethrowers, I Was Joking ! I love Magik. She's one of the cooler members of Cyke's team !

TBH I really, really hope she gets the team out of this situation she's put them in. A visit to Dr. Strange ( even though he's an Avenger ) would be good for her. I'm gonna be pissed if she turns all evil via her Darkchylde alter-ego and does naughty things etc.

Also, the banter between the new students was intersting. TBH this issue seemed more interesting to me than the last ANXM issue ( except the moments where young Scott called beast out on his bullshit ). Angel's beginning to see why Magneto and Scott are going in the direction they are which is also a good thing. There was a bit less of the 'was cyke right or wrong' stuff in this book.

This X-Team is REALLY getting things done. And also getting under SHIELD's and the Avengers skin, which is awesome. Not just sitting around in school twiddling their thumbs. This issue, along with the one where they had their conversation ( and made a joke out of ) with the Avengers are the best UXM issues till now, IMHO. Artwork wasn't bad either. Really enjoyed this issue.

#2 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85: I enjoyed the issue well enough, even if it did seem a bit light on story.

I'm usually not a fan of the X-men in Limbo (and even less that it's become such a standard rite of passage for new characters), but, as you pointed out, there was enough other stuff going on with SHIELD and the new recruits to keep it interesting.

And I loved the art.. so good..

#3 Edited by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't get the appeal of Irving's art. I find it hard to look at.

#4 Posted by Teerack (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

NO! You're a bad person! You're just bitter because Robin was killed! >:O

#5 Edited by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

FTW!

#6 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to come on this topic and start screaming haha, glad you cleared everything up at the get go :P I am loving what they're doing with Magik, however I feel like this has already been done before. I mean, not exactly the same way, but Magik has brought teams to Limbo before, intentionally or unintentionally. I mean, we saw this in Second Coming when a team went to go rescue her, and we also saw it with the New X-Men when Balasco brought them in. It's always a fun story to read so I'm looking forward to reading this arc and see how the New Recruits are going react to LIMBO and I definitely want to see how Magik is going to get out of this mess. If anything I really think that she's either a) going to have to stay behind and be the actual ruler of Limbo b) Loose her sorceress powers and her mutation will change by just creating portals that will not go through Limbo or c) bitch gonna be the first one who gets her powers fixed and she's gonna be stronger than EVER!

#7 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to come on this topic and start screaming haha,

Me too...

#8 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

I think considering how heavily they rely on her powers for, well, everything (seriously, she's like the butler/chauffeur/get-out-of-jail-free-card of the X-Men), and considering how everyone else's powers have broken and they've had to deal with that, it's pretty important that they're taking the time to tackle this. The nature of the break and entrance into Limbo definitely differentiates this from past forays, and this may (as has been suggested) set the precedent for "fixing" the powers the Phoenix Force broke, which is kind of necessary.

#9 Edited by chiq (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read the issue yet. How are Magik's powers broken? Someone told me it was even affecting Dormammu's realm. What can't she do? She can't stop turning into Darkchilde? Is she getting powers from different hell realms outside Limbo draining those other realms?

What does Dormy want with her? Limbo as an Annex to the Dark D?

#10 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

UXM just keeps getting better and better. I'm really in love with this book, and the overall story is way more interesting than ANXM. Loving Magik so far, and this turn of events the issue took is quite interesting, maybe the new recruits will get some action after all.

And loved the first pages, the Avengers not wanting to "talk about it" is just too funny. Serious butthurt they got right there.

#11 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq: If people answer those questions, there will be little reason for you to read this issue :P

#12 Posted by chiq (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: lol true...I'm kind of a hard core fan though, so I'm still buying it even if I see spoilers.

#13 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq: I'm just saying this issue pretty much is answers to those questions. The fact that you want to know that information basically proves you should be reading the issue immediately :P

#14 Edited by chiq (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: I wish I could but the shipment to my shop was delayed.

#15 Edited by Avenger85 (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

@chiq said:

Haven't read the issue yet. How are Magik's powers broken? Someone told me it was even affecting Dormammu's realm. What can't she do? She can't stop turning into Darkchilde? Is she getting powers from different hell realms outside Limbo draining those other realms?

What does Dormy want with her? Limbo as an Annex to the Dark D?

Well, Dormammu pulled her into limbo and tried to kill her, but she turned into Darkchylde and whooped his ass. Then when she went back to the realm of the living, she pulled the entire faculty and students of the school back to limbo with her.

It's the result of being possessed by the Phoenix force. TBH things need to go smoothly from here on, as the last thing Magik needs is to become a burden on the team due to these Limbo shenannigans.

#16 Posted by HAWK2916 (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO Magik should have her own series. I dont like the magical mystical elements in Xmen

#17 Posted by Avenger85 (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

THE Robin, if not THE best Robin ever !

#18 Posted by chiq (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85: Cool. Thanks. Darkchilde is back eh...I wonder if Bendis is trying to turn a Scott, Magik and Darkchylde relationship into something similar to Osborn, Sentry and the Void. Cunning leader trying to mentor the unstable powerhouse sorta thing.

#19 Posted by Avenger85 (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

P.S. Scott is a pimp. just 5 issues in and he's got 3 girls wanting him...

#20 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

They killed Dick Grayson!?

#21 Posted by Avenger85 (1776 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85 said:
@teerack said:

I'm sorry, but this just made me laugh. Just cause no one is giving Damian any love. XD

#23 Posted by Avenger85 (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:
@avenger85 said:
@teerack said:

I'm sorry, but this just made me laugh. Just cause no one is giving Damian any love. XD

I love Damian !

#24 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85: hahaha, sorry, I like Damien too.

It really is too bad they killed him.

so.. Dick's still okay, right?

#25 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx said:
@oldnightcrawler said:
@avenger85 said:
@teerack said:

I love Damian !

I can clearly tell lol.

#26 Posted by Avenger85 (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: lol it' cool. Dick is fine. DC's put him in Chicago after the events of Death Of The Family. And he's still alive & kicking along with Tim Drake & Jason Todd in Batman inc. ( where Damian died).

#27 Posted by Veitha (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved this issue, I only hope that Scott doesn't fall in love with Illyana or Tempus.

#28 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

i havent read it is uncanny any good

#29 Posted by Avenger85 (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

@arkhamc1tizen:

Yeah it's quite good. TBH it's getting better than All-New.

#30 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenger85 said:

P.S. Scott is a pimp Mary-Sue. just 5 issues in and he's got 3 girls wanting him...

There, I fixed it. :P

i havent read it is uncanny any good

If nothing else it has much better pacing than ANXM (Bendis' other X book). It's accomplished twice as much in half the issues, or so it feels. Honestly the only thing I could imagine someone objecting to is if you don't like Bachalo's art (I thought I'd hate it but I've been loving it). Otherwise I'd say it's definitely worth giving a try, particularly if you're interested in seeing Scott's side of the AvX fallout.

#31 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

If nothing else it has much better pacing than ANXM (Bendis' other X book). It's accomplished twice as much in half the issues, or so it feels. Honestly the only thing I could imagine someone objecting to is if you don't like Bachalo's art (I thought I'd hate it but I've been loving it). Otherwise I'd say it's definitely worth giving a try, particularly if you're interested in seeing Scott's side of the AvX fallout.

^ This.

To be honest I'm really liking Bachalo's art for the most part, it's kind of different in a good way, but IMO Immonen is just leagues ahead, and that's the only point in favor ANXM has, aside from the art department UXM is kicking ANXM's ass. Hard.

But that's my opinion.

#32 Posted by Jg0587 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I know a lot of people like the art in uncanny but I really don't feel it at all. I'm very glad my preference has been towards the ANX story.

#33 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@avenger85 said:

though, in all fairness, the first arc of All-new X-men was also setting up the story for Uncanny, which would have been a little confusing at the start if one hadn't already been reading All-new.

To be honest I'm really liking Bachalos art for the most part, it's kind of differente in a good way, but IMO Immonen is just leagues ahead, and that's the only point in favor ANXM has, aside from the art department UXM is kicking ANXM's ass. Hard.

But that's my opinion.

I'm digging both books, actually, but if the artistic teams were switched (Bachalo on All-new and Immonen on Uncanny), I don't know if I could say that (or if I'd even bother with All-new..), so I guess I have to concede that Uncanny is the better book overall.

#34 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

@akbogert said:

@avenger85 said:

though, in all fairness, the first arc of All-new X-men was also setting up the story for Uncanny, which would have been a little confusing at the start if one hadn't already been reading All-new.

I'm gonna have to disagree, since I was reading Uncanny first, and only started (and caught up with) ANXM a few weeks ago :P Also, I haven't read anything X-Men related between Second Coming & Marvel NOW (aside from the X-23 solo) so if anyone should have been confused coming into UXM, it's me (and I wasn't).

#35 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

I'm gonna have to disagree, since I was reading Uncanny first, and only started (and caught up with) ANXM a few weeks ago :P Also, I haven't read anything X-Men related between Second Coming & Marvel NOW (aside from the X-23 solo) so if anyone should have been confused coming into UXM, it's me (and I wasn't).

haha! touche!

But you do see what I mean about how the first five issues of All-new were also about establishing the Uncanny team, like they started as one book and split into two. So, if you look at it that way, it's a little more like they've had the same amount of issues as separate books.

#36 Edited by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Perhaps, but on the other hand if the five issues established nothing that wasn't covered in the couple-sentence blurb in the beginning of UXM 1, then they still took a minor amount of plot and stretched it out over a ridiculous period of time, haha. Honestly, I picked up ANXM because I was afraid I was missing out on some crucial other half of the UXM puzzle by not reading it, but was sorely disappointed on that front. The art is great and I love Kitty so I'm not upset to have started reading it, but in general it has taken a lot longer to get to any sort of point (usually the issues just deal with arguing over whether the O5 should be sent back or not).

#37 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: yeah, I can see how that would be the case.

It does sort of make me think both books would be further into their stories if they'd just started at the same time, but I guess what Cyclops was doing was just too important to the starting premise of All-new X-men to be happening in another book.

#38 Edited by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Yeah, the timing of the issues is definitely weird. And honestly it's a little obnoxious that they've aligned the two books because all the crossover stuff meant some entire pages were pretty much duplicated between books. At least if they'd been staggered there'd have been a few weeks or months between seeing the exact same dialogue.

#39 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert: yeah, sometimes it feels like he's actually writing a book and a half spread over two, but I dig the changes in perspective.

#40 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Well-put -- there's enough content to exceed one book, but not necessarily enough to carry two.

I wish ANXM were moving as smoothly, is all, because yes, I do like having the two sides, and it's all that much cooler because the two vehemently opposed perspectives are being written by one writer.

#41 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

I wish ANXM were moving as smoothly, is all, because yes, I do like having the two sides, and it's all that much cooler because the two vehemently opposed perspectives are being written by one writer.

but with two drastically different art styles; yeah, I like how that works.

#42 Edited by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Oh, for sure, the art is also very cool. That's I suppose the one redeeming factor of the overlap -- having the same scenes interpreted visually by two different people even when the dialogue was the same.

#43 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha said:

I loved this issue, I only hope that Scott doesn't fall in love with Illyana or Tempus.

^THIS

PLEASE

why can't marvel just leave my favourite couples alone ahahaha. Its not fair either because i've already started loving Eva....but what will i do if she becomes Emma's rival? I can't choose her over Emma, blasphemy! My heart is torn!.... im not being dramatic, i really am this invested in fictional characters love lives XD

#44 Posted by akbogert (3222 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about Illyana but Eva is definitely jailbait. Schoolgirl crush aside, an actual relationship would be just plain wrong. I'd drop the book.

#45 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

@akbogert said:

I don't know about Illyana but Eva is definitely jailbait. Schoolgirl crush aside, an actual relationship would be just plain wrong. I'd drop the book.

I imagine I would too, though I doubt that would happen.

#46 Posted by Lvenger (19870 posts) - - Show Bio

How'd they show up the Avengers? They showed what absolute prats they were and why Cyclops is utterly in the wrong. Doesn't sound like showing up to me.

#47 Posted by Avenger85 (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

How'd they show up the Avengers? They showed what absolute prats they were and why Cyclops is utterly in the wrong. Doesn't sound like showing up to me.

I gotto disagree with you there, dude.

#48 Posted by Lvenger (19870 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I figured you would. But why if you don't mind my asking? It still bemuses me why people think Cyclops is in the right when his action coupled with many prominent Marvel creators outright stating what's wrong with Scott's recent shenanigans.

#49 Edited by Avenger85 (1776 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@avenger85 said:

@lvenger said:

I figured you would. But why if you don't mind my asking? It still bemuses me why people think Cyclops is in the right when his action coupled with many prominent Marvel creators outright stating what's wrong with Scott's recent shenanigans.

Realy long story, man.

Long story short. Cyclops was gonna get lobotomised by Xavier. So he killed him in self-defense. And Mutants were being attacked and killed by human racists, while the government and the Avengers did nothing. So he's only helping the mutants FIGHT for their right to exist against a a world that isn't exactly happy with their existence.

But then again. It's your opinion that Scott is wrong. Its mine that he's right, so let's leave it at that lol.

#50 Posted by Z3RO180 (6536 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are they're powers acting up and why does magic not have any bad side effects ? Also why is magneto got dodger powers he wasn't part of the phonix five ?