Posted by jojo111 (100 posts) 1 year, 8 months ago

Poll: If you had to choose between one of these teams being erased forever, who would it be (57 votes)

X-Men (In every universe) 32%
Avengers (In every universe) 68%
#1 Posted by jojo111 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

please note that the team and their members can NEVER exist again

#2 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2430 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers.

#3 Posted by Kweschun_Mark (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers. Compared to the X-Men they bore me, and I don't find them as relatable.

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers are a poor mans Justice League

#5 Posted by JohnnyGat (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers. I grew up watching X-men cartoons so basically I've grown to like them more.

#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably the Avengers since I have been a fan of the X-Men ever since I was little.

#7 Posted by time (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers, there just like justice league,

#8 Posted by Spawn92 (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers. The X-Men have always been more interesting. There's a reason the animated show lasted as long as it did, just better stories and better characters.

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

I... I can't choose. Is a Marvel U without Storm, or Colossus a Marvel U I want to read? Is a Marvel U without Captain America or Spider-Man a Marvel U at all? *Gasp* No Hawkeye or Wasp?! Or Gambit or Nightcrawler?!

Is it current or historically? Cause there would be some over lapping with Captain Marvel, Wolverine, Rogue, Havok, Beast and Storm. Plus Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch started as X-Men villains, so where do they stand?

#10 Posted by jojo111 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@blood1991: it would be from now to the end of time. History would not be touched, but they won't exist in the future

#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@jojo111 said:

@blood1991: it would be from now to the end of time. History would not be touched, but they won't exist in the future

Gotcha. Damn still can't make a choice though.

#12 Posted by BlackReaper (595 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers are too unnecessary.

#13 Posted by mhanuroth (208 posts) - - Show Bio

xman in dont want marvel comics without spiderman,hulk, thor and iron man

#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12580 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Spidey and some of the other Avengers but I like the X-Men a lot more, collectively. But what happens to Wolverine and Beast since they were on both teams? And now Rogue, Havok, and what ever other X-Men are in Uncanny Avengers.

#15 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Spidey and some of the other Avengers but I like the X-Men a lot more, collectively. But what happens to Wolverine and Beast since they were on both teams? And now Rogue, Havok, and what ever other X-Men are in Uncanny Avengers.

I think that all depends if the universe was rewritten so that Rogue, Havok, Wolverine and Beast never joined the Avengers.

#16 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably the Avengers since I have been a fan of the X-Men ever since I was little.

This.

And because most (if not all) of the Avengers characters are transparent and egotistical!

#17 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3623 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with the Avengers. If you cut down on the amount of uber-powerful superheroes, than it gives the X-Men more legitimacy. Whereas the Avengers are always Kooky and corny no matter what reality they are in. Having random members who "are the best at what they do" gets boring.

#18 Edited by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

x-men are way more interesting. team dynamics work so much better since not everyone is uber powerful like everyone on the avengers is. like sometimes i can't get over how cyclops literally ONLY has the power to shoot optic blasts from his eyes. He doesn't need ten powers or a ridiculously overpowered suit or magic or anything, and he's still a good character (imo, your mileage may vary)

plus i love that the x-men always have younger teams and the school as well as the main teams. Avengers academy and young avengers only just showed up when they realised how much of a good idea it was haha.

#19 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I would get rid of the Avengers, as a long term X-Men there could be no other choice for me. Slightly unrelated I am still unhappy with the fairly sad state of the X-Men comics currently being produced. Lets face it Avengers are the favorite child of Marvel right now and that unfortunately has to do more with the movies than it does with comic book success. The X-Men have been one of main Marvels gravy trains for 30 years. There is a reason when Marvel had to sell movie rights when ther were in some financial difficulty that Spiderman, X-Men, Hulk and Fantastic Four were selected and Avengers were not, no studio wanted the Avenger rights. It is revisionist history now that Marvel and Avengers fans tries to make it look like thats how things have always been. I give Marvel credit for making the most of the situation and their movie stragety has been very successful. Its just that a lot of what they have done with the Avengers in comics has been at the expense of the X-Men, and other titles.

#20 Posted by darthphoenix (960 posts) - - Show Bio

I just noticed that characters in the marvel website's front page are all avengers. yuck. lol

#21 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (4106 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men (but its a hard choice,)

#23 Posted by time (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the hulk, but I can't stand the Avengers, there not unique, there a ripoff of the justice league.

#24 Posted by jojo111 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: plus they're SOOOO boring

#25 Edited by time (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

I wished Rogue didn't join them. All the Avengers seem to do is steal heroes from other titles. Next Emma will be joining the Avengers. Give 10 years and all the X-Men will join.

#26 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

I wished Rogue didn't join them. All the Avengers seem to do is steal heroes from other titles. Next Emma will be joining the Avengers. Give 10 years and all the X-Men will join.

Though it depends on how long the Avengers will be popular, although this has been going on since the 70s.

#27 Edited by time (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

They only became popular when, spiderman, hulk, wolverine and everyone join them, they were never as popular as the x-men back in the day. Marvel selling rights to 20 century fox, didn't help matters. Aleast Cyclops told them to go to hell, give him props for that.

#28 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men for me.

Even though the mutants are more influential over Marvel as a whole (both in-universe and real-life), I still prefer the Avengers. Cap is my favorite hero, the movie was awesome, A:EMH is my third favorite cartoon, and Hickman's present run is great. Oh, and Ultimate Alliance!

If X-Men was gone, all I'd miss would be Morrison's run and Cyclops. I don't particularly care for X-Men: TAS or WaTX, and most X-Men runs are great but not really special to me. Don't get me wrong, I love the X-Men, but I'd feel personally that I'd lose more if the Avengers were erased rather than the X-fellas.

#29 Edited by jojo111 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Exactly, had a X-Men movie been made that was more in line with the recent Avengers movie and was made by Joss Whedon, or someone else who's competent, though I love the xmen movies, the xmen would rule EVERYTHING Marvel. Now IMO they rule the comics, though Marvel's trying to shove Avengers down our throats just a little, it isn't working, and they also rule TV shows.

#30 Edited by time (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe the x-men still have no animated movie, how many does justice league and the avengers, it's a joke. Maybe in 10 years the power will shift. Marvel are so stupid, aleast the comics are better now.

#31 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

I can't believe the x-men still have no animated movie, how many does justice league and the avengers, it's a joke. Maybe in 10 years the power will shift. Marvel are so stupid, aleast the comics are better now.

I've wondered about that too. Avengers had like 2 animated movies and Hulk had a couple too. The only X-Men related animated movie out there was "Hulk vs. Wolverine" since it did had Wolverine in it.

#32 Posted by jojo111 (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabbitearsblog: yeah, though X-Men dominate in comics and TV shows, movies and animated movies, however, are lacking

#33 Posted by Dayvid3 (855 posts) - - Show Bio

avengers are about as interesting as unbuttered toast. Until the recent movies and avx jazz, I never even realized they were remotely as popular as x stories

#34 Posted by HyeDaa (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers.

Because of avengers, AvX exist, and they keep on messing up with Xmen especially Tony Stark.

#35 Edited by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men, there are more characters I like in the Avengers.

#36 Edited by Crimsonlord53 (1359 posts) - - Show Bio

Until AvsX the X men existed outside the greater marvel U.

I voted X men.

#37 Edited by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering this is under the X-Men section, what do you expect?