#1 Edited by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

If you could change one aspect of one of the X-Men... who would it be, what would it be, and why!?

#2 Posted by flazam (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

I would change the fact cyclops is a villian, people have always seen cyclops as one of the main stay X-men

and at Xaivers apsence leader of the team. Then....... they make a villian.......meh, just don't its not needed

some people probaly dont like this post!!!!

#3 Edited by consolemaster001 (4991 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd make emma frost a vilian again.

#4 Posted by JohnnyGat (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna make Nightcrawler alive.

#5 Posted by CTG (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I've spent some time thinking of my reply and I can't really find much I dislike about the current landscape. If anything, I'd just make X-Man more relevant. He's the only one of the Summers clan not involved in something and I find that odd w/ the current situations that other family members find themselves in.

#6 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Give the old New Xmen thier own book as New Mutants V3.

#7 Edited by NightHaunter (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Get rid of this Angel nonsense. Only interesting facet of the character was Archangel though so hard to see where he goes.

#8 Posted by judasnixon (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

Make this Thief more like that Thief....

#9 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

#11 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

I would undo all of Cyclops history from about Q4 1999 to now. Hands down answer.

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

I would undo all of Cyclops history from about Q4 1999 to now. Hands down answer.

But that would change everything that's happened to the X-Men...

#13 Posted by time (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

I would change Magneto, make him a bad guy again.

#14 Posted by HyeDaa (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna change the fact Cyclops is perceive as a villain, manipulator and a bad leader!!

And wolverine as the bad one, seriously. I'm sick of too much Wolverine exposures from here to there as if he was ALWAYS right.

(okay, that was two things)

#15 Posted by HyeDaa (27 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd make some of the other X-Men step up to leadership positions instead of Wolverine. Beast, Storm and Kitty should have been the ones to start the school not Wolverine. He shouldn't have had anything to do with it.

#17 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

this is the first thing I thought, too *chuckles*

if I could change one thing about the X-men's story, I'd change it so that Cyclops was actually responsible for paralyzing Xavier, and that that was the first time Xavier used his powers to mind wipe someone, to save Cyclops from realizing what had happened..

#19 Posted by TDK_1997 (14480 posts) - - Show Bio

Change the fact that currently Cyclops is a villain and everybody hates him and stop making that X with his hands.

#20 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd make Wolverine a wise-cracking optimist.

#21 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have:

1. Made Magneto the villain again since he was more interesting that way.

2. Make Storm be the one who goes against Cyclops during Schism instead of Wolverine and be the one who started the school instead of Wolverine.

3. Not make Colossus the next Juggernaut since they barely did anything with that.

4. Bring Nightcrawler back to life.

#22 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd make Hank McCoy a little less of a bald hypocrite.

#24 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3453 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would it be? Wolverine

What would it be? Take him back to the fight loving brawler we knew from the original run, with a limit on his healing factor, no concern for leadership and a love of drinking.

Why? This would make him more believable and more fun. I also think the X-Men rely on him too much and his power level has become ridiculous considering his power set and abilities. It's gotten to the point where it is hard to make him seem cool where I expect him to ruin each event and am always on the lookout for a writer giving him a bad@$$ moment. The problem is that if one or a couple of character gets all those moments, others inexorably fall behind.

#25 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@phoenixofthetides: AGREE. Except one small thing. BRING BACK THE CIGARS! Wolverine is NOT a role model

#26 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Make Wolverine not a Cyclops/Xavier hybrid.

Make Cyclops not a Wolverine/Magneto hybrid.

#27 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3453 posts) - - Show Bio

@phoenixofthetides: AGREE. Except one small thing. BRING BACK THE CIGARS! Wolverine is NOT a role model

I don't like smoking and even I like the cigars. Heck, even the movie franchise that had to take into account presenting a kid friendly image of the character to mass audiences had the quintessential cigar-smoking Logan scene.

#28 Posted by poisonfleur (2978 posts) - - Show Bio

Have Selene/The Black Queen join Cyclops' mutant team.

#29 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

What would it be? Take him back to the fight loving brawler we knew from the original run, with a limit on his healing factor, no concern for leadership and a love of drinking.

Why? This would make him more believable and more fun. I also think the X-Men rely on him too much and his power level has become ridiculous considering his power set and abilities. It's gotten to the point where it is hard to make him seem cool where I expect him to ruin each event and am always on the lookout for a writer giving him a bad@$$ moment. The problem is that if one or a couple of character gets all those moments, others inexorably fall behind.

I really like the way Wolverine used to be, and I'm still interested in reading stories from that period of his life, but I can't help but feel like it would be a step backwards for his character to revert to that kind of person again. I've enjoyed Wolverine's evolution from the troubled loner he was to the more responsible character he is now.

For me, he's always been a character who was most potent in small doses, but even to be writing Wolverine like he was written ten years ago would just seem out of character now.

I think if people want to see more of the old Wolverine, they should look for more stories set in his past; for a guy who's been the Wolverine 24/7 for like a hundred years, I'm sure there's still lots to be told.

#31 Edited by jphulk26 (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

Give Gambit more he could do with his powers, and, get him to use his charm persuasion powers more.

I think he should be so charming it causes a kind of disonance in peoples perception of reality, so he can make them have mild hallucinations particually works on those attracted to him and nonpsychics.

#32 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have:

1. Made Magneto the villain again since he was more interesting that way.

2. Make Storm be the one who goes against Cyclops during Schism instead of Wolverine and be the one who started the school instead of Wolverine.

3. Not make Colossus the next Juggernaut since they barely did anything with that.

4. Bring Nightcrawler back to life.

YES!!

#33 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree totally...

#34 Posted by HAWK2916 (1597 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd get Dani Monstar back. I thought she was one of sexiest characters, but I'd redefine her powers. While she could still pull out peoples worse fears. And conjure images. I'd also give her the power to control people like Karma.