if Xavier is the father of the x-men......

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who is its mother? Bendis said mystique was its step-mother.

Moira???Jean???Emma???

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassandra Nova?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I hate to agree with Bendis when he's being talkative.....Mystique's mothered enough X-Men to be step mom.

Um I'm voting Moira. No real question.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_ said:

Cassandra Nova?

are u serious?????

@koays said:

As much as I hate to agree with Bendis when he's being talkative.....Mystique's mothered enough X-Men to be step mom.

Um I'm voting Moira. No real question.

i thought moira first but jean could be it since she mothered alot of x-men. or maybe jeans another step-mother, hmmm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danger.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danger.

Danger????? more like robotic slave

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Danger.

I honestly think Danger is the best answer. In a weird way, she raised the X-men to be what they are as much as Xavier. He himself has as much as admitted that he couldn't have done it without her.

there's nothing that says a slave can't also be a mother, as grim as that is.

if I was going to say anyone other than Danger, I'd almost be tempted to say Magda Eisenhardt, if only in a symbolic way. Though she didn't mother or even know any of the X-men, it was her children who created their first threat (Anya, by being the catalyst for Magneto, and the twins for being the original Brotherhood, the anti-X-men, as it were).

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnygat said:

Danger.

I honestly think Danger is the best answer. In a weird way, she raised the X-men to be what they are as much as Xavier. He himself has as much as admitted that he couldn't have done it without her.

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

if I was going to say anyone other than Danger, I'd almost be tempted to say Magda Eisenhardt, if only in a symbolic way. Though she didn't mother or even know any of the X-men, it was her children who created their first threat (Anya, by being the catalyst for Magneto, and the twins for being the original Brotherhood, the anti-X-men, as it were).

i was leaning towards moira or jean but yeah now im thinking danger

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@johnnygat said:

Danger.

no no no you see Miora is the mother, Danger is like the Maid that actually raises the child while the mother plays bridge

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@oldnightcrawler said:
@johnnygat said:

Danger.

no no no you see Miora is the mother, Danger is like the Maid that actually raises the child while the mother plays bridge

like orphan nanny??????

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@mcklayn said:

what did Moria do at all then?

she moved into the school to be a housekeeper (despite being a doctor), she didn't raise any of the X-men (unless adopting Wolfsbane counts, but if that's the only example..?), and let's not even get started on her actual progeny..

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean after all Xavier did express sexual interests about her.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By EC2277

The X-Men don't have a mother, because no one female character who has had a continuative impact in the x-stories, played a role similar to the Xavier's role. Jean, Storm, Moria or Emma can be stepmother (bad stepmother in the case of Mystique) or elder sisters, but no one has had a role similar to Xavier.

Maybe Lilandra could have been the X-Men mother, in due of her prestige of Shi'ar Empress and the fact that she was the Xavier's wife, but Claremont used her only like an excuse to remove Xavier from his Institute.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Maybe the Phoenix??? Ah hell I don't know

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

None. They're adopted to fill the empty void in Xavier's life.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, Jean seems more like Big Sister to me. I just don't see her relationship with Storm, Beast or a lot of the other senior members as maternal. When you really think about it she just hasn't been that way to many members of the team outside of the First five X-Men.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean- she has always been the heart of the x-men. she may be hot tempered but she is sweet and has access to every x-men's mind

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By AwesomePerson

Storm????

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

The X-Men don't have a mother, because no one female character who has had a continuative impact in the x-stories, played a role similar to the Xavier's role. Jean, Storm, Moria or Emma can be stepmother (bad stepmother in the case of Mystique) or elder sisters, but no one has had a role similar to Xavier.

Maybe Lilandra could have been the X-Men mother, in due of her prestige of Shi'ar Empress and the fact that she was the Xavier's wife, but Claremont used her only like an excuse to remove Xavier from his Institute.

i dont think xavier was married to lilandra

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Yes, they married after Dark Phoenix Saga an their marriage was annulled by Shi'ar council in X-Men 133.