#1 Posted by HAWK2916 (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

X-factor has ended and I will say that the last 6 issues have been very mediocre in my opinion. They felt rushed and just seemed like short stories answering fan questions in an interview. And of course Marvel continues to try to hold back announcing PAD's next thing but there's speculation of an X-factor relaunch. What would you want it to be about and who would you want on the team?

Here's my thoughts:

I would want it to be sort of like an X-Factor X.S.E. The team would be a gov't sponsored team dealing with some mutant issues but they would work closely with S.H.E.I.L.D and S.W.O.R.D and the Avengers in protecting humanity. The team would be focused more on just being heroes. Basically following Xavier's dream of cohabitation. (by the way, even though I like the stories in Uncanny Avengers and all, I would like to keep Xmen and Avengers separate as far as melding them into one team, that's one of the reasons for my list)

Team:

Havoc, Beast, Bishop, Sunspot, Karma, Polaris, Dazzler, Sage,Skids and maybe Sabra

Havoc leads the team and tries to stay in line with his and somewhat Xavier's thoughts of just being one people- not being separated into humans and mutants.

Beast is your scientist and directly helps Abigail Brand also in a leadership role.

Bishop is the wildcard type soldier willing to do whatever to insure a better future.

Sunspot just wants to be a hero and not concerned with saving fighting all the time for mutant rights- also not content with being one of the 50 avengers so wants a more prominent role.

Karma uses her powers to help both mutants and humans alike can affect situations by possession. Also needs a role in marvel u.

Polaris mistress of magnetism seems to fit roles like this.

Dazzler recognizable and can be a liaison to both humans and mutants.

Sage is the strategist and computer-whiz, rarely in the field, works from the home-base

Skids force-field protection has perspective on the issues

(Maybe) Sabra as a field operative and strategist.

#2 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabra needs to join Wood's team, or at least, regularly feature as the team's liaison for international incidents. He writes her oh so well.

#3 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabra needs to join Wood's team, or at least, regularly feature as the team's liaison for international incidents. He writes her oh so well.

I like this idea better.

#4 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Her role in his previous run was dynamite, even moreso because it was so unprecedented but well-placed. T'was also nice that she received a mention in issue 3, but i really want him to integrate her into more of his issues if possible. Lol.

#5 Posted by HAWK2916 (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

ive always liked her but shes not featured alot. In another thread someone mentioned Cannonball leading a covert team and she would be good there too

#6 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

you are entitled to your opinion. that being said, it's a**.

#7 Posted by HAWK2916 (2075 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by tigerkaya (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

Sabra deserves more appearance to make up for that awful appearance in the Spider-Man tie In event comic. Just make it seem as though an LMD died in her place.

#9 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Polaris

Mimic

Sage

Gambit

Warpath

Blink

Darwin

#10 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: yeah, I can't say I'd been a Sabra fan before that run, but she was great in it.

Hell, everything was pretty great in that run; you know what I mean.

#11 Posted by tomasmaclgh (127 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure about the government being involved in this new X-Factor. Harrison Snow, the one that got Polaris out of jail, said he was the CEO of a large company.

100% sure I'd like to see:

Polaris
Sage
Warpath + Hepzibah
Quicksilver (just because of what happened with the guard after Lorna was arrested - something was off)

and maybe: Mimic and Blink

#12 Edited by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure about the government being involved in this new X-Factor. Harrison Snow, the one that got Polaris out of jail, said he was the CEO of a large company.

100% sure I'd like to see:

Polaris

Sage

Warpath + Hepzibah

Quicksilver (

just because of what happened with the guard after Lorna was arrested - something was off

)

and maybe: Mimic and Blink

This exactly... Polaris was already "recruited" unto another team, and with the random appearance of Quicksilver "I was just on my way home, Avengers Mansion is right around the corner" I heavily feel that this government sponsored team will include both him Polaris, and a few others. I love you addition of Warpath and Hepzibah, no one remember's their relationship, nor do they ever appear anymore! I don't like the addition of Mimic and Blink (I like obscurity, but they are too random). Let's look back to the "old" team now... who do you think would join? I know Wolfsbane is better off being in her church-setting.

#13 Posted by HAWK2916 (2075 posts) - - Show Bio

Warpath belongs in Uncanny or on Xforce. Hephzibah should join Abigail Brand and SWORD. I love Blink and feel she would be great on either Xforce or Xmen.

#14 Posted by tomasmaclgh (127 posts) - - Show Bio

This exactly... Polaris was already "recruited" unto another team, and with the random appearance of Quicksilver "I was just on my way home, Avengers Mansion is right around the corner" I heavily feel that this government sponsored team will include both him Polaris, and a few others. I love you addition of Warpath and Hepzibah, no one remember's their relationship, nor do they ever appear anymore! I don't like the addition of Mimic and Blink (I like obscurity, but they are too random). Let's look back to the "old" team now... who do you think would join? I know Wolfsbane is better off being in her church-setting.

In my opinion, old members are not going to join. Maybe make an appearance for an issue or two, but not full members of this new team.
Mimic was part of Osborn's X-Men, so he worked for other people before, that's why I can see him joining. And Blink is pure pink awesomeness that was brought back just to be forgotten (plus, her teleportation would be highly useful).

#15 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

In my opinion, old members are not going to join. Maybe make an appearance for an issue or two, but not full members of this new team.

Mimic was part of Osborn's X-Men, so he worked for other people before, that's why I can see him joining. And Blink is pure pink awesomeness that was brought back just to be forgotten (plus, her teleportation would be highly useful).

I agree that Blink would be a valuable member to a government sponsored team of X-Factor... but she has no correlation to any of the characters or concepts of any type.

#16 Posted by TheIggies (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever the team is, it should involve a mutant (or mutants) trying to spread the mutant gene to Earth - 1218