#1 Posted by HAWK2916 (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

I missed somthing and was trying to understand, is Maddie Pryor still alive? Is she the Red Queen now?

#2 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (14414 posts) - - Show Bio

well she is dead and no she is not the red queen but she does have clones that sinister made.

#3 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

She's dead. Wish she was alive, though.

#4 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're wishing, I wish they'd never killed her in the first place.

It just seemed so contrived to make her go off her nut and turn evil just so they could sweep her under the rug and put Cyclops back with Jean. Dark days for the X-men, those.

#5 Posted by darthphoenix (757 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt it freaky to date or marry someone who exactly looks like someone you dated before?

#6 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt it freaky to date or marry someone who exactly looks like someone you dated before?

yes.

It's one of many reasons I would have preferred Cyclops not marry Jean (though it was a lovely wedding *sniff*).

#7 Edited by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're wishing, I wish they'd never killed her in the first place.

It just seemed so contrived to make her go off her nut and turn evil just so they could sweep her under the rug and put Cyclops back with Jean. Dark days for the X-men, those.

I read an article that said it wasnt intended that way, but more of a claremount cleaning up some one else's fuck up. He had intended to retire Cyclops and some guys (dont know who) brought him out of retirement for the first X factor, so when Claremont tok over that title he thought that him leaving his wife and child made cyclops into a complete ass (which most would agree) so he had to do something to make him not so sorry and more of a hero again so he turned Madelyn into a sadistic killer lol

#8 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: yeah, that just always seemed like a terrible waste to me.

I would have rather they left Jean dead than completely ruin Madeline, but oh well..

#9 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Love Madelyne Prior. Such a fully realized character with clear motivation. She was honestly done wrong on so many levels. And she was fun!

Her death in X-man was quick and not respecting of the character at all. Loved her with Hellfire Club too!

#10 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: He's not the one at fault for turning Madelyne into a "sadistic killer. With Jean dead, the status quo was for Scott to marry Madelyne for him to live happily ever after, that's how it was supposed to go down but Editorial couldn't leave well enough alone.

Her story was seriously tragic.

#11 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: I wasnt "blaming" it for claremount, i was just citing that he was forced to do something he didnt like in order to make the story go in the direction it was wanted to go in, for Cyclops to save face and stay a hero he had kill off Madelyne, if it was up to Claremont however he would be retired and married to Madelyne raising little cable

#12 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by McKlayn (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: im actually a giant Claremont fan, his books are still the best of the X men days to me. Screw Morrison, Wheldon and anything that came after. The pure tenure of his run made the stuff he was able to do 10 folds better, he could plan and plan and still deliver. I have been since he left waiting for ONE writer to take over where he left over, one writer to become all things X, brian wood is my current choice :-p but i wouldn't care who it was honestly. I believe that is the problem with the X universe right now, each character is in multiple books with different writer, each writer gives the character a unique voice that isn't consistently the same in every book. When one person is able to control every aspect of a character then that character feels right in every appearance. As long as the writers chair in the X verse is a swinging door, as long as characters are being used in a multitude of books all pened by a different face there will never be any true character development. You ask me thats what the editors and big wigs at marvel are doing wrong. Give the franchise to one guy, (or at least a few books) and any characters in those books STAY in those books only. And i think you will see some progression

#14 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4563 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: Love Madelyne Prior. Such a fully realized character with clear motivation. She was honestly done wrong on so many levels. And she was fun!

yeah, I thought so too.

@mcklayn said:

@ageofhurricane: I wasnt "blaming" it for claremount, i was just citing that he was forced to do something he didnt like in order to make the story go in the direction it was wanted to go in, for Cyclops to save face and stay a hero he had kill off Madelyne, if it was up to Claremont however he would be retired and married to Madelyne raising little cable

They wouldn't even have to fully retire them (Cyclops and Madeline), since it would have made just as much sense to have them come back as staff, later. I think the idea was to show that the X-men had grown beyond the old guard, and didn't need Cyclops or Xavier to validate their claim to being the X-men; but all of the original X-men came back in the end anyway.

#15 Posted by HAWK2916 (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

so then we dont know who the red queen is? maybe an entity similar to shadowking?