#1 Edited by Dman1366 (801 posts) - - Show Bio

Completed my collection of the New Mutants 1st series. Including the Graphic Novel 4 (1st appearance), Super Special, and Annuals. I am not bragging to be pompous, I just have no friends to share this part of my life with, except you guys!

#2 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice job, I'm an avid reader but not a huge collector...how much did it cost you?

#3 Posted by infonation (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366:Congratulations! (There, at least I'LL tell you that!)

#4 Posted by Dman1366 (801 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWitchingHour: Probably $300. I got lucky getting the first 55 issues for 25 cents each, then the rest was through mycomicshop. with the exception of issue #98. That cost me about $75. The worst part of that is that I am not a big fan of Deadpool, I just wanted to complete the collection hahaha.

@infonation: Thank you!

#5 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dman1366: Congratulations thats awesome. #98 Is the only issue I have because I am a huge Deadpool fan.

This makes me want to find an attainable series that I can get a complete collection of.

#6 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations!

#7 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL NERD! Thats what my friends tell me when I talk about comic books.....

Anyway congrats that is quite abit of reading and collecting.

#8 Posted by Dman1366 (801 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: thanks man!

@Duke_Nasty: i find small ones, like another one i am doing is the 1st series of Spider Woman

@Blood1991: That's what they tell me too, but that is why I have friends on here! I have not read them all, but it took a couple of years to compile.

#9 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3631 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations! You might as well take a picture of where they are all set up, lol!

#10 Posted by MarvelGrey (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow congratulations I was gonna do this collection too, but I stopped at 67ish.

#11 Posted by knighthood (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366 said:

@TheWitchingHour: Probably $300. I got lucky getting the first 55 issues for 25 cents each, then the rest was through mycomicshop. with the exception of issue #98. That cost me about $75. The worst part of that is that I am not a big fan of Deadpool, I just wanted to complete the collection hahaha.

@infonation: Thank you!

Late, but congrats. 25 cents is an amazing bargin for the majority of those books. I'm toying around with doing the same. I have most of Claremont and Bill's run. Paying that much for the Deadpool issue would suck.

#12 Posted by McKlayn (1121 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366 said:

Completed my collection of the New Mutants 1st series. Including the Graphic Novel 4 (1st appearance), Super Special, and Annuals. I am not bragging to be pompous, I just have no friends to share this part of my life with, except you guys!

NEW MUTANTS

Bravo friend that is nice, i have a few collections but none that old or expensive either really lol good job

#13 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@dman1366: I'm almost there... My New Mutants vol. 1 series is almost complete too, so I know how you feel!

#14 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude, awesome! I'm currently in love with New Mutants vol 1, although I only have 1-14 and a sporadic few others. Congrats on your collection!