i have two questions about Uncanny Avengers 19

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

first why is jean grey wearing a costume like hope summers, is it because something bad happens to hope in the future?

No Caption Provided

and why is storm wearing white is it because in honor of emma frost which something bad happens to her too?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think that there's a correlation. Both characters have worn those colors before. In Jean's case she wore green and yellow before Hope existed as a character. If the costumes resemble each other it's probably just a coincidence.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Gizmorino

I don't think it means anything, it should be coincidental

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shebba

I agree with the first 2 post. Also I like this story arc. I really felt bad that Havok and Wasp lost their daughter in that time line. But this is what I question. Why would they be so affected by loosing a daughter that never existed in their real time line? When this time line wasn't their time. It would be touch yes, but they knew why they were there and needed to be done and once this was fix they knew they needed to go back to their time. I don't know, I guess that is just me you know.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

I agree with the first 2 post. Also I like this story arc. I really felt bad that Havok and Wasp lost their daughter in that time line. But this is what I question. Why would they be so affected by loosing a daughter that never existed in their real time line? When this time line wasn't their time. It would be touch yes, but they knew why they were there and needed to be done and once this was fix they knew they needed to go back to their time. I don't know, I guess that is just me you know.

nice one

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

I'd have to go back and reread it, but I'm pretty sure they actually lived in that timeline for awhile, as in a few years. I don't think they just jumped forward to the point where they had a daughter.

somacula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By somacula
@materiel said:
@shebba said:

I'd have to go back and reread it, but I'm pretty sure they actually lived in that timeline for awhile, as in a few years. I don't think they just jumped forward to the point where they had a daughter.

I'm gonna tell everyone what really happened, in UA 18 the celestial destroyed earth and all the mutants plus wasp fled to a new planet. In order to restore or save the earth what alex did was to destroy the whole planet X timeline. With the help of kang they fought the x men of that time to send back their minds back to the past in a one way trip, and that destroyed their timeline and their daughter that was born in that time cos she had no place to return, on the other hand as magneto pointed out they destroyed every child born in that timeline, not only theirs. When I ckeck from that anglen havok comes as a selfish bastard, crying for his lost daughter while probably millions of children got their existences erased cos they pulled a DoFP to save the earth that was destroyed for his ineptitude in first place. I rally h8 how RR is writing havok

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@shebba said:

Everyone actually lived on Planet X for years before the Avengers went back in time and kept it from ever existing. So, while most people have no memory of Planet X, Havok, Wasp, Thor, Wolverine, Sunfire, and Kang's alternate future Avengers all do.

For Havok and Wasp, they were married and had a daughter for years.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

Everyone actually lived on Planet X for years before the Avengers went back in time and kept it from ever existing. So, while most people have no memory of Planet X, Havok, Wasp, Thor, Wolverine, Sunfire, and Kang's alternate future Avengers all do.

so is there daughter alive or dead or was written out of existence????? I thought kang took her so she wouldnt be erased, so maybe if she comes back she will come back grown-up with super powers?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@hopesummersforthefuture: Maybe Havok brings back the x-treme xmen and goes on a search for his alternate reality daughter. During this time they end up bouncing around other realities and dealing with stuff there

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: Maybe Havok brings back the x-treme xmen and goes on a search for his alternate reality daughter. During this time they end up bouncing around other realities and dealing with stuff there

havok and who else is on his team?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HAWK2916

@hopesummersforthefuture: hmmmm. Not really sure but maybe some of the characters in comic limbo right now could join him.

Sage might be cool on a team with him. As well as Husk and Chamber, some of the New Mutants like Dani, Rahne, Magma, Boom Boom, Warpath, Siryn, even bring Cannonball and Sunspot back over from the Avengers. Definitely Rahne and Siryn would relate to the loss of a child. Some variation of the others could be neat as well. Kitty and Rachel too since they have experience with the whole DOFP thing and other off-world adventures. Maybe even Gambit would join him. Bishop and Weapon Omega looking for redemption could join up.

I'm just throwing out some characters who currently are not really getting the focus or are not being used.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: hmmmm. Not really sure but maybe some of the characters in comic limbo right now could join him.

Sage might be cool on a team with him. As well as Husk and Chamber, some of the New Mutants like Dani, Rahne, Magma, Boom Boom, Warpath, Siryn, even bring Cannonball and Sunspot back over from the Avengers. Definitely Rahne and Siryn would relate to the loss of a child. Some variation of the others could be neat as well. Kitty and Rachel too since they have experience with the whole DOFP thing and other off-world adventures. Maybe even Gambit would join him. Bishop and Weapon Omega looking for redemption could join up.

I'm just throwing out some characters who currently are not really getting the focus or are not being used.

cool

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does everyone wear Tron outfits in the future??

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does everyone wear Tron outfits in the future??

Because people associate Tron type outfits with the future. I guess it's a generic take on how people will dress in the future that's managed to stick.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@materiel said:

Because people associate Tron type outfits with the future. I guess it's a generic take on how people will dress in the future that's managed to stick.

Eh, its only really been kind of a trend since they made that Tron sequel several years ago. I just don't understand how having lights on a suit that doesn't look that different from costumes they wore in the past has any functionality.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler said:

so is there daughter alive or dead or was written out of existence????? I thought kang took her so she wouldnt be erased, so maybe if she comes back she will come back grown-up with super powers?

She would have been written out of existence with the rest of Planet X (which was a sacrifice that Havok and Wasp knew they would have to make by trying to undo history), but she was taken to a place out of time by Kang (to use as leverage against them), so probably she is still alive.

(and will most likely one day return as a super-villain raised by Kang, if I were to wager..)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HAWK2916

@oldnightcrawler: a female Cable but more like Stryfe and maybe the villain messiah. Lol could be interesting

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: a female Cable but more like Stryfe and maybe the villain messiah. Lol could be interesting

I'd hope they'd put a little more into it than that, but yeah, there have been less interesting premises for a villain; could be cool.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shebba

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@shebba said:

Maybe. And yes Kang took her because Havok told him to in order to get in an agreement. Maybe she will come back in the future when Havok and wasp decide to confront Kang once again. Maybe she will be a new mutant and Kang ended up been interested in her and probably it would be another war. Hope is not a time line war :)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say make her a super villain on the level on Hyperstorm or Cassandra Nova

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@hawk2916 said:

I say make her a super villain on the level on Hyperstorm or Cassandra Nova

yeah.

something else I thought of is that Immortus said he could tell Havok and Wasp when to conceive in the current time line to give birth to her again. If that's what they end up doing (which seems pretty likely), there could be two Katie Summers: one raised by Havok and Wasp, and one raised by Kang. Of course, the one raised by Kang could show up at any time as an adult, while the one raised by Havok and Wasp would be a child for years.

But then, what's Immortus got to gain from all of this?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are just alternate costumes for the characters. Nothing to get excited over.

@timelordscience said:

I don't think that there's a correlation. Both characters have worn those colors before. In Jean's case she wore green and yellow before Hope existed as a character. If the costumes resemble each other it's probably just a coincidence.

Agreed.

Jean has worn green and yellow in many of her costumes:

Storm has worn white in a few of hers, with her main '90s look being mostly white:

And Storm has often incorporated white into her costumes, even when they had other primary colors - she'd probably be offended at the idea that her use of white has anything to do with Emma lol:

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Hmmmmm. That's an interesting thought. Immortus' motives have always been somewhat confusing to me. With this last issue of Axis though, it would appear that Wasp and Havok may have some work to do

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HAWK2916

@oldnightcrawler: The only other thing I can think of is that Immortus could have a loyal follower hellbent on destruction. I mean if Wasp and Havok just concieve at the right time instead of going through time to try and rescue a child that already exists and has been taken...... I would think that child would be bitter and more than likely be ready to destroy whatever world the happy family exist in. Also the loyalty to Immortus would probably be nearly unmatched somewhat like Hope and Cable. Thats the best I can come up with at the moment

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: Hmmmmm. That's an interesting thought. Immortus' motives have always been somewhat confusing to me. With this last issue of Axis though, it would appear that Wasp and Havok may have some work to do

that development won't last, they'll get back together. Remender wouldn't have put so much time into the pairing just to have them split up (which is probably just an effect of the character inversion). Especially after developing the idea that they still consider themselves married and planned to start another family.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@oldnightcrawler: The only other thing I can think of is that Immortus could have a loyal follower hellbent on destruction. I mean if Wasp and Havok just concieve at the right time instead of going through time to try and rescue a child that already exists and has been taken...... I would think that child would be bitter and more than likely be ready to destroy whatever world the happy family exist in. Also the loyalty to Immortus would probably be nearly unmatched somewhat like Hope and Cable. Thats the best I can come up with at the moment

That's basically why I assume she'll return as a villain; Havok and Wasp don't really have any reason to think she's still alive, and even if they did they don't know how to find her since she could be at any point in any history, but it's also worth remembering that before Havok made his deal with Kang, he and Wasp must have been willing to sacrifice her to save the world.

That was their plan, yeah? to erase the timeline she was born in? I think you could argue it was some selfless heroism on their part, but I doubt I'd feel the same way if I were her..

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

that development won't last, they'll get back together. Remender wouldn't have put so much time into the pairing just to have them split up (which is probably just an effect of the character inversion). Especially after developing the idea that they still consider themselves married and planned to start another family.

lol summers brothers arent really good at marriage.....

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

That's basically why I assume she'll return as a villain; Havok and Wasp don't really have any reason to think she's still alive, and even if they did they don't know how to find her since she could be at any point in any history, but it's also worth remembering that before Havok made his deal with Kang, he and Wasp must have been willing to sacrifice her to save the world.

That was their plan, yeah? to erase the timeline she was born in? I think you could argue it was some selfless heroism on their part, but I doubt I'd feel the same way if I were her..

Yes. Is what I was thinking. Believe it or not, that is what heroes does. They sacrifice themself ot their love ones in order to save (million) the world. That is what I call a hero. Her returning as a super villain will be good actually. We need more villains and writers keep bringing more useless heroes to fight each other. I think she would be cool as a villain like fighting her parents for chosing the world over her. That would be cool. But if Havok and Wasp didn't do what they did, I'm sure Rogue and Scarlet Witch would have STILL been dead.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HAWK2916

@oldnightcrawler: I think they will too. However I wonder about the correlation between Remender's portrayal of Alex and Janet's relationship and him having Quicksilver spying and keeping tabs on Polaris in David's X-factor. Maybe it doesnt have to sync at all but I'm just wondering.

I think what were talking about concerning their possible time displaced daughter would be very interesting as well. Imagine the the thought behind doing an act of selfless heroism and saving a world but in the process losing what you care about the most and spawning an even bigger threat resulting in disaster. Hell that's enough to turn a man into a villain feeling that no matter what his plans to do right havent worked so the hell with trying to be a hero and selfless. On top of that you would have a somewhat sympathetic villain in their lost daughter as well. That has huge potential, i think!!!