How would you Enhance/Alter some of your favorite X-men

• 57 results
HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

A lot of people on these boards have great ideas from teams to story lines to even relationships between the many x-characters. Of course we all have our favorites and though we love them and their powers sometimes over the years they can get stagnant and some are just plain disregarded and underdeveloped.

So.. with that in mind what changes to some of your favorite characters would you write in if you could. It can be new or more developed powers, it could be putting them in certain relationships or whatever.

Here's an example of a few of mine:

Surge- power enhanced to now be able to absorb bio-electrical energy. Can drain a person similar to how Rogue does. Effects can range from temporary paralysis to coma and even death. This bioelectricity can be used to increase her strength, stamina, and speed similar to how her powers already work.

Dani Moonstar- (personal favorite) Her powers restored. fear/desire powers, can create illusions. Able to create psi-weapons (arrows, swords, lances, spears). Valkryie powers at times.

Chamber- Now in an armored suit similar to Ironman/War Machine but suit is sleeker and less bulky-all black. Suit is powered by his psionis blast- Enables flight, suit has enhanced durability, can still blast from abdomen/chest area but also equipped with wrist gauntlets that allow direct blasts from hands. Can also fire laser-like blasts from eyes slits in helmet.

Gambit- In addition to carrying cards and a Bo staff he also carries a rifle (like in Age of X) that is highly lethal because of him being able to fire charged bullets thus causing maximum destruction. Also in extreme situations can convert over into his Horseman Death persona (kinda like the Hulk).

Just trying something here but interested to see what everybody else comes up with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Give Emma Frost her telepathy back.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I can only think of one so far, but here it is:

Colossus - Not only would he still retain his steel form, but I would like him to have powers where he grows in size (although that might be the same ability as Ant Man's) but still I like to see Colossus grow giant size sometime!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I'd give Gambit an actual meaningful role in a (good) movie.

D:

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

I'd give Gambit an actual meaningful role in a (good) movie.

D:

This too! Actually, that goes for everyone else!

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jubilee: In accordance with her vampirism, she can now create 'blackouts' in addition to fireworks, which shroud an area in varying levels of darkness briefly.

Kitty: Go Ultimate via latent mutation, she can alter her density.

Colossus: In accordance with his current shifting metal appearance, he can now turn other things he touches into metal, placing a damper on his current relationship with Domino (which I've liked thus far, I just want to throw a wrench in it to see if they survive it.) Also, given he's on X-Force alongside Cable, whose finally rid of his metal infection, it'd be interesting to see his reaction to Colossus apparently now able to hand out that infection.

Nightcrawler: Latent mutation allows him to control and breathe out the smoke from his dimension, shaping it into relatively solid constructs, such as swords which don't physically cut the flesh, but feel as if they do. Other applications could be flooding a room for stealth, suffocating someone by breathing it in their face, or just goofing off by breathing out smoke shapes. Might need some shaping up to better compliment his teleportation...

Broo: A bizarre latent mutation makes him grow into a fully grown, though winged, Brood, with all of his intelligence and personality maintained.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Give Nate Grey his powers back.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: i like those especially Jubilee and Nightcrawler

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By JROCK72

Angel: As a secondary mutation, Angel should be able to cast heavenly spells.

Iceman: Iceman should be able to telepathically freeze people's brains, him controlling the extent of pain they feel. Another power that should be granted to Bobby is the ability to cause hailstorms.

Wolfsbane: Can turn others into werewolves

Madrox: Can change the weight and height of his dupes

Cable: Much more powerful telepathic and telekinetic powers.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bishop- give bishop telekinetic powers.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By adamTRMM
@jrock72 said:

I'm still waiting for him to manifest some good feats, since nothing holds him back now, but dam, it is a year already and nothing. Why are X-writers so afraid of powers?

I actually see some really nice suggestions here, my personal would be:

Magneto - dam, Gillen, Craption and Carey wrote a total jobber, he was a d-lister for his potential. EMS anyone? What's wrong with them, it's OK he should hold back, but they actually limited him to what he was already shown to be above =\

Actually, I still don't understand why he doesn't use an armor, a self-created of some incredible alloy of most exotic, rare and unbreakable metals (uru, adamantine, vibranium), it will help him to utilize his powers, like we've seen through 90s he has a problem to comprehend, and will provide him super-strength, durability and even magical resistance (uru, adamantine). Out of box thinking, just a little. But they dressed him in this old outdated purple panties for like 3 years before Marvel Now =\

Colossus - this character, one of the most recognizable bricks, but they write him so weak. He must receive a strenth\durability boost! At least like Ultimate Colossus has.

Elixir - he is an Omega-level biokinetic! So much potential, and all he did by now is a death-touch and healing! I totally see him becoming a Prototype-like level character with some other creative ways to utilize his abilities!

Warpath - same as Colossus on a lesser level of course, just his strength\durability are kinda inconsistent. He also should posses the ability to fly, but I see him not using this because he doesn't like this for some reason, but he will if he has to. I would add also enhanced senses\night vision + a magical potential to become Shaman, after Ghost Rider relieved this potential in him.

Gambit should be upgraded too, even within the Deathseed (if he was Death, he has it) enhancements. That's all I have by now :)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HAWK2916

@adamtrmm:

That would be great for both Colossus and Warpath. Maybe Colossus' strength could double or triple in his armored form and Warpath having nith vision and being a possible Shaman is cool too. I'd also do something similar with Moonstar having that Shaman potential

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Frost - gets TP back, loses diamond form in exchange for constant invulnerability. Also, gets her White Queen code name back and works with the Hellfire Club again.

Karma and Moonstar - upgraded to full telepaths; Moonstar can create telekinetic weapons and Karma gains limited precognitive powers to more accurately match her codename

Magneto and Cyclops - powers are fixed and get their full levels back, too (I generally hate the powerloss storylines - hated it with Storm, hated it when Jean, hate it with Mags, Cyc and Emma).

Surge - loses the stupid blue hair

Jubilee - vampire cure and gets pyrotechnics back

Dazzler - no longer needs sound to create light, but sound and other energy sources can enhance them

I like JonSmith's idea for Kitty

@jonsmith said:

Kitty: Go Ultimate via latent mutation, she can alter her density.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: The blue hair aggravates you? lol. I always thought it was ok though it would be better for her to go just jet black

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adamTRMM
@hawk2916 said:

I'd also do something similar with Moonstar having that Shaman potential

I kinda like the way she has become Valkyrie, because of her Native America heritage with their own mysticism and gods and for some reason is upgraded by Asgardian\Norse people goddess, I don't really follow her but I like this, I don't really get when she does have this power and when not.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@phoenixofthetides: The blue hair aggravates you? lol. I always thought it was ok though it would be better for her to go just jet black

Hah. Crazy hair color is just not my style. I always see it as an attempt by uninteresting people to get attention. Her character design just seemed lazy to me - "electricity in comics looks blue so let's give her blue hair!". I tend to dislike hair color that matches powers - this goes way back to not liking Polaris or Storm's hair colors. That type of convenient combination of appearance and energy color just seems forced. I had no problem with Scarlet Witch, for example, because her hair color wasn't actually red so she didn't seem overly designed.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm- id finally give her an elemental form, can become the elements she controls... a water form, a wind form, an electrical form.

Magneto- his body gives out the only way to save him is to transfer his mind & consciousness into Joesph's body

Chamber- give him back his Weapon X upgrades

Jubilee- make her human again & return her mutant powers

Psylocke- return her crimson dawn powers as well as give her the ability to create Revanche(in same way x-man created maddie pryor, but revanche is essentially Betsy's shadow) one would wield the telepathy & the other the telekinesis. i feel this would make her a more interesting character ( not that she isnt already) and would propel her further up the x-food chain

Rogue or mimic- (prefer it to be rogue that can do it thou) has the ability to tranfers powers between ppl temporarily. for instance say she has wolverine's healing factor and someone she is with is dying, she can touch them and transfer his power into that person depending on how long she makes contact with them power transfer can only last upto an hour or when she takes them back again.

Nightcrawler & beast- can turn human again at will

Hope- Dies and the phoenix turns her into Jean Grey, the real Jean Grey

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fodigg

It was recently pointed out to me that they gave the Chinese-American mutant the power of "fireworks", so I dunno. I'm not crazy about her as a vampire, but maybe make her a mutant again but go with something a little less stereotypical? I did like the future "Wolverine" version from Battle of the Atom with the energy claws.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:
@jrock72 said:

I'm still waiting for him to manifest some good feats, since nothing holds him back now, but dam, it is a year already and nothing. Why are X-writers so afraid of powers?

I actually see some really nice suggestions here, my personal would be:

Magneto - dam, Gillen, Craption and Carey wrote a total jobber, he was a d-lister for his potential. EMS anyone? What's wrong with them, it's OK he should hold back, but they actually limited him to what he was already shown to be above =\

Actually, I still don't understand why he doesn't use an armor, a self-created of some incredible alloy of most exotic, rare and unbreakable metals (uru, adamantine, vibranium), it will help him to utilize his powers, like we've seen through 90s he has a problem to comprehend, and will provide him super-strength, durability and even magical resistance (uru, adamantine). Out of box thinking, just a little. But they dressed him in this old outdated purple panties for like 3 years before Marvel Now =\

Colossus - this character, one of the most recognizable bricks, but they write him so weak. He must receive a strenth\durability boost! At least like Ultimate Colossus has.

Elixir - he is an Omega-level biokinetic! So much potential, and all he did by now is a death-touch and healing! I totally see him becoming a Prototype-like level character with some other creative ways to utilize his abilities!

Warpath - same as Colossus on a lesser level of course, just his strength\durability are kinda inconsistent. He also should posses the ability to fly, but I see him not using this because he doesn't like this for some reason, but he will if he has to. I would add also enhanced senses\night vision + a magical potential to become Shaman, after Ghost Rider relieved this potential in him.

Gambit should be upgraded too, even within the Deathseed (if he was Death, he has it) enhancements. That's all I have by now :)

Colossus doesn't actually need a strength/durability boost, it's the writers that have nerfed him time and again for their stories. He's already supposed to be one of the strongest around. However, I'd love it if his totally unique osmium metal alloy was written as resistant to magic and telepathy. The magic because of the family connections (remember Illyana's armor? What if it was the same metal?) the telepathy just similar to Magneto's helmet. Call it something he discovered from his time with the Demon and Juggernaut powers. Just those two changes would jump him up in his brick abilities and then if writers remember that he's at least as strong as the Thing, well, I'd be happy.

Magneto, I totally agree with you about.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xspectre28: what weapon x upgrades did Chamber have? I just dont remember

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By adamTRMM

@numi said:

Colossus doesn't actually need a strength/durability boost, it's the writers that have nerfed him time and again for their stories. He's already supposed to be one of the strongest around. However, I'd love it if his totally unique osmium metal alloy was written as resistant to magic and telepathy. The magic because of the family connections (remember Illyana's armor? What if it was the same metal?) the telepathy just similar to Magneto's helmet. Call it something he discovered from his time with the Demon and Juggernaut powers. Just those two changes would jump him up in his brick abilities and then if writers remember that he's at least as strong as the Thing, well, I'd be happy.

That what I meant, writers don't really give him this credit :) And as I've read somewhere, his metal-form is resistant to magic, because all metals are, in some degree or something like that, him and Illyana once fought some demoness, and this resistance was shown.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi: Pretty much all that. He suffers from extreme jobbing sickness. It's an illness that's plagued him for years. We're unsure if there is a cure.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make jean grey less powerful.... i mean really if ur too powerful you end up dead because u would win every battle and it would be boring. She was already powerful as just an omega level mutant then they had to add the phoenix rubbish. Does she really need to be omin-powerful?????

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#25  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@jrock72 said:

I dont see how this would be a mutation?

Iceman: Iceman should be able to telepathically freeze people's brains, him controlling the extent of pain they feel. Another power that should be granted to Bobby is the ability to cause hailstorms.

he has these abilities technically, he just doesnt use them.

He has these too, he just has to devote them to satlling his infection i believe.

@fodigg said:

@xspectre28 said:

It was recently pointed out to me that they gave the Chinese-American mutant the power of "fireworks", so I dunno. I'm not crazy about her as a vampire, but maybe make her a mutant again but go with something a little less stereotypical? I did like the future "Wolverine" version from Battle of the Atom with the energy claws.

the whole chinese american /firework kinda seems like stretching. not sure its a stereotype just because she calls em fireworks.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrock72 said:

He has these too, he just has to devote them to satlling his infection i believe.

@fodigg said:

@xspectre28 said:

the whole chinese american /firework kinda seems like stretching. not sure its a stereotype just because she calls em fireworks.

Does jubilee get vampire powers now like hypnosis, flying, etc????? Better powers then just fireworks

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fodigg

@fodigg said:

@xspectre28 said:

They don't look like fireworks to you?

Loading Video...

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HAWK2916

I would like to see Jubilee being able to manipulate energy again either by use of pyrotechnics or making solid energy constructs like the energy claws she had in BOTA or maybe like Senyaka's whips or swords or something. Maybe she could even phase into pure energy.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@xspectre28 said:

Loading Video...

When did i say that? of course they look like fireworks. im saying that just because she's asian and they look like fireworks doesnt mean that its a stereotype

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@jrock72 said:

@fodigg said:

@xspectre28 said:

Does jubilee get vampire powers now like hypnosis, flying, etc????? Better powers then just fireworks

not sure how thats relevant to my comment yes she does.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Weaken Jean Grey telepathy to below Xavier's levels, make Emma and Magneto straight up villains again.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weaken Jean Grey telepathy to below Xavier's levels, make Emma and Magneto straight up villains again.

I said the same thing :)

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fodigg

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@xspectre28 said:

Loading Video...

When did i say that? of course they look like fireworks. im saying that just because she's asian and they look like fireworks doesnt mean that its a stereotype

Ah, then I misunderstood.

I don't think it's particularly egregious or anything, but I do think it's a little too coincidental. It'd be worse if her powers turned her into a dragon or something, but I do think it's taking a step down that road.

Granted, they could give her explodey powers that don't look like fireworks.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@xspectre28 said:

Loading Video...

I don't think it's particularly egregious or anything, but I do think it's a little too coincidental. It'd be worse if her powers turned her into a dragon or something, but I do think it's taking a step down that road.

perhaps multi-colored electricity like the live action incnation?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm - Make her completely immune to the elements she controls, leverage her defensive applications more often and expand on them (i.e. - a polarity shield and compressed air shield), and allow her to explore her powers in the intergalactic medium more, and leverage more of the uncommon and unexplored forces of weather (i.e. - anti-matter). An elemental form, as mentioned above, would also be cool.

Dazzler - Finally give her full on flight capability. She can pretty much make whatever she wants out of light so maybe a hard-light jetpack that she can blast her photon beams out of in a controlled way so she can actually fly.

Rogue - Give her limited recall of any power she absorbed. I'd balance it out with her only being able to retain the ability for very short periods of time and not being able to wield the abilities as skillfully as the originals, but I think it would make her all the more interesting

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@xspectre28 said:

Loading Video...

Hmm, can't seem to find a clip of that. Was that in Last Stand?

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm - Make her completely immune to the elements she controls, leverage her defensive applications more often and expand on them (i.e. - a polarity shield and compressed air shield), and allow her to explore her powers in the intergalactic medium more, and leverage more of the uncommon and unexplored forces of weather (i.e. - anti-matter). An elemental form, as mentioned above, would also be cool.

The only problem with those changes is that she should change her code name (which I'm all for, as I tend to like psychic, energy or cosmic powered characters) since weather is just the most basic manifestation of her powers. Maybe she should retire the name "Storm" and give it to another weather controller.

DaseanComerWCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

give wolverine super speed

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@xspectre28 said:

Loading Video...

nah, a deleted scene in X2. Its nothing big. i have to say, id miss the fireworks though. they stood out and went well with her style and personality. not to mention her name.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightcrawler-Energy projectiles similar to Nocturne's hex bolts or enhanced camouflage abilities.

Rogue:matter/energy absorption instead of power stealing.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By fodigg

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@xspectre28 said:

Loading Video...

nah, a deleted scene in X2. Its nothing big. i have to say, id miss the fireworks though. they stood out and went well with her style and personality. not to mention her name.

I don't miss her being a relatively useless form of Dazzler.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@xspectre28: what weapon x upgrades did Chamber have? I just dont remember

just that he had a full face & upper body, after he used his powers the parts that were destroyed by expelling his powers were restored..... not a power boost or anything just made him look full human

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue: Give her 90's/2005 personality, expand on what happen with x-treme x-men via being able to swicth powers on the fly.

Magneto & X-man: Screw the nerf

Bishop: Secondary mutation allow him to absorb beyond his current limits and also increase his stats.

Sage: Just bring her back

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine: I don't think I'd give him other powers, but I'd let him utilize his other skills besides his healing factor more. He has superhuman speed on par with Spider-Man, but will just tank things with the healing factor. He arguably the best fighter in the Marvel Universe, but slacks off and relies on healing factor on times. Really, I'd have Logan stop tanking so much. He can still soak bullets and explosions, but let him utilize the rest of his skill set.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops would be like Ultimate Cyclops when he took the Banshee drug,he won't need he's visor and he'll be able to fly.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take boom boom back to her meltdown persona, give dani moonstar back her powers and make her stop being a dumb Valkyrie.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@xspectre28 said:

Loading Video...

wow....it didnt know anyone actually cared about Dazzler......

edit:*no offense meant to the character or her fans*

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It does seem like Dazzler and Jubilee are similar. But even more is Jubilee and Boom Boom. I think I'd rather Dazzler just be able to control light and fire lasers maybe mesmerize or hypnotize people.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By fodigg

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@xspectre28 said:

Loading Video...

I've had a soft spot for Dazzler since she was awesome in the 6-man x-men arcade machine. That game was awesome.

Loading Video...

Also, the recent X-treme X-men was pretty great in an Exiles way. I was picking up what they were putting down with that one.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@fodigg said:

@xspectre28 said:

Loading Video...

I've had a soft spot for Dazzler since she was awesome in the 6-man x-men arcade machine. That game was awesome.

Loading Video...

Also, the recent X-treme X-men was pretty great in an Exiles way. I was picking up what they were putting down with that one.

i agree, i love that game as well although for obvious reasons i have to rep Nightcrawler.I read the first issue off her original solo but was unable to find the rest.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

return magneto to full power. make him is own man again instead of following cyclops.

Magneto >>>>>> Xavier and Cyclops combined ( in terms of character wise)