#1 Edited by THORSON (2384 posts) - - Show Bio

as human form is he weaker or the same as transformation?

#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12756 posts) - - Show Bio

He is not the same as his transformation. I think he is just really strong for a normal human when normal.

#3 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

Weaker. He has the strength of a male bodybuilder who engages in intensive exercise so has a good level of strength, but probably below Captain Americas strength level.

#4 Edited by oldnightcrawler (4557 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: I'm pretty sure that, classically, he only has super strength when he's in metal form, and is just in really good shape when he's not.

But I have seen images of him lately wherein he is partially metal and partially not, presumably because of his powers being smegged up by the Phoenix force, but I haven't been follwing that book (Cable and the X-force?) so I couldn't tell you how that works. But I am curious.

#5 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Mm. Weaker.

But strong enough to wrestle Russian bears.

#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

He's weaker in his human form, although he can lift up some heavy stuff in his human form. In his steel form, he can actually lift up buses and stuff like that.

#7 Edited by SC (13073 posts) - - Show Bio

Traditionally Colossus gains super strength with his transformation. So its a little bit like asking if Bruce Banner is weaker than Hulk, uhm yeah. That being said Piotr Rasputin or Colossus in his fleshy human form is 6'6" and weights 250 lbs (and if he was a WWE wrestler he would probably be billed at 6'8" and 300 lbs for comparison) and people that big with that build tend to be pretty strong and so. Oh and remember that Colossus is supposed to actually get physically bigger when he transforms as well but that can depend on art and sometimes it seems artists draw him at same size metal or not.

#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

Traditionally Colossus gains super strength with his transformation. So its a little bit like asking if Bruce Banner is weaker than Hulk, uhm yeah. That being said Piotr Rasputin or Colossus in his fleshy human form is 6'6" and weights 250 lbs (and if he was a WWE wrestler he would probably be billed at 6'8" and 300 lbs for comparison) and people that big with that build tend to be pretty strong and so. Oh and remember that Colossus is supposed to actually get physically bigger when he transforms as well but that can depend on art and sometimes it seems artists draw him at same size metal or not.

I also think that Colossus is supposed to be 7'0" high and weigh at least 500 lbs whenever he's in his steel form. I agree that his height in his steel form varies from artist to artist because there are some cases where his steel form is much larger than his regular body, but then there are other cases where his steel body is the same size as his regular body.

#9 Posted by THORSON (2384 posts) - - Show Bio

Weaker. He has the strength of a male bodybuilder who engages in intensive exercise so has a good level of strength, but probably below Captain Americas strength level.

he once shoved a tractor in normal form.

#10 Posted by THORSON (2384 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

So its a little bit like asking if Bruce Banner is weaker than Hulk

not really

#11 Posted by SC (13073 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

@sc said:

not really

Unless your just trying to be difficult, or don't understand what relativity is as in "a little bit" or just disagreeing to disagree, then yes really. Colossus mutant ability isn't super strength, its to transform into an organic type of steel, Bruce Banner power isn't to be super humanly strong, his power is to transform into the Hulk. How is this not an easy point of comparison for a person to comprehend? It pains my mind to have to explain this, but I hope this makes things more clear for you now, and that your day is pleasant.

#12 Posted by THORSON (2384 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc said:

@thorson said:

@sc said:

not really

Unless your just trying to be difficult, or don't understand what relativity is as in "a little bit" or just disagreeing to disagree, then yes really. Colossus mutant ability isn't super strength, its to transform into an organic type of steel, Bruce Banner power isn't to be super humanly strong, his power is to transform into the Hulk. How is this not an easy point of comparison for a person to comprehend? It pains my mind to have to explain this, but I hope this makes things more clear for you now, and that your day is pleasant.

No, you just don't understand theme/point of the question. I asked "How strong is colossus?" not "is colossus strong?"

Plus Banner isn't a mutant. you may think he is, but he's not. Colossus/Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin is a mutant. most mutants do not need a transformation to be strong. colossus has shown he doesn't need to transform to be strong. so i asked "how strong is he without transformation"

If you brought up another mutant then you wouldn't have to trail off talking about irrelevant characters and non-sense or read the question carefully, you wouldn't be so angry.

Again hulk isn't mutant, he is in a total different category and you are probably to hard headed and angry to even notice.

#13 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4557 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

@phoenixofthetides said:

So have I.

#14 Posted by SC (13073 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

Plus Banner isn't a mutant. you may think he is, but he's not. Colossus/Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin is a mutant. most mutants do not need a transformation to be strong. colossus has shown he doesn't need to transform to be strong. so i asked "how strong is he without transformation"If you brought up another mutant then you wouldn't have to trail off talking about irrelevant characters and non-sense or read the question carefully, you wouldn't be so angry. Again hulk isn't mutant, he is in a total different category and you are probably to hard headed and angry to even notice.

Assuming I don't understand is kind of ironic when I answered the question unless you didn't see that and only quoted the part you didn't understand. Whether or not they are a mutant or non mutant doesn't mean they don't have similarities. You thinking that most mutants don't need to transform to be strong is a unsound basis for trying to gauge strength in a mutant that does.

Assuming a person is angry and trailing off with irrelevant characters and nonsense? Why not just ask if they are angry you know, its almost like projection where an angry person starts accusing other people of being angry because they are angry and sensitive themselves. Thats not an accusation by the way. Look at it this way, if my answer didn't help you understand the character the way you wanted, that isn't actually justification to accuse them of trailing off, being angry, or speaking nonsense. You realize the irony now? Did I offend you when I implied you didn't understand what relativity is? I apologize if you were, but its a sincere question since again you can't seem to comprehend, let me explain in greater detail for you. Do you not understand that objects possess both similarities and differences and so comparisons can be made between things? Ifs totally fine if they aren't the comparisons you personally want, but please don't lack the ability to realize that other people can and will make them incidentally without getting to a point they make ad hominem attacks. Anyway I hope you are not projecting, but lets see with the next reply eh, whether you make unfounded accusations again (usually not as convincing to buy a person as not angry when they do this) or actually try to use of level headedness to provide the sort of reasonable reply that anger tends to obscure.

Except I might be a pink unicorn with monkeys in my brain to notice right? Notice how easy it is to make claims about oneself and others on the internet? Attention everyone, I kick puppies and get so angry at the ocean I throw potatoes at it. Rage!

@sc said:

people that big with that build tend to be pretty strong

#15 Posted by Rickbarry (1775 posts) - - Show Bio
@thorson said:

@sc said:

@thorson said:

@sc said:

not really

No, you just don't understand theme/point of the question. I asked "How strong is colossus?" not "is colossus strong?"

Plus Banner isn't a mutant. you may think he is, but he's not. Colossus/Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin is a mutant. most mutants do not need a transformation to be strong. colossus has shown he doesn't need to transform to be strong. so i asked "how strong is he without transformation"

If you brought up another mutant then you wouldn't have to trail off talking about irrelevant characters and non-sense or read the question carefully, you wouldn't be so angry.

Again hulk isn't mutant, he is in a total different category and you are probably to hard headed and angry to even notice.

He's an enormous Russian that lifts weights constantly. I want to say I saw a strength scale on Marvel.com that had him maxing out around being able to lift 600 lbs. Crazy strong for a person, but it's nothing superhuman.

#16 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this is off topic, but I was wondering, does Colossus eat a lot? Just wondering...

#17 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by THORSON (2384 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

@phoenixofthetides said:

So have I.

so what's your point?

#19 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4557 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@thorson said:

So have I.

so what's your point?

that that doesn't make him stronger than a normal person?

#20 Edited by God_Spawn (37860 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a class 100 in metal form.

In human form handbooks claims I think vary from he can press lift about twice his weight ( he weighs 250, so 500 pounds) to about 700 pounds. Considering his size, strength, and training, and it being a comic, that actually seems reasonable considering the world record for pressing is I think 525 and comics can defy those limits.

But handbooks aren't always reliable as Daredevil has been stated to only lift about 450 in his presses in handbooks and he has shown he can throw that weight around like a bow staff. Still, Peter is a very strong human. He isn't Captain America strong or anything, but by human standards, he is very powerful.

Moderator Online
#21 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3549 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

@phoenixofthetides said:

There are strongman competitions where males and females accomplish pretty amazing feats. And hormones are amazing - untrained mothers and fathers with normal, frail or slender builds have moved cars or heavy objects when their children were in danger. So shoving a tractor isn't necessarily a sign of super strength. Being able to lift that tractor, juggle it's tires or casually smack a bus aside with no major effort is a sign you're super strong, though rofl.

#22 Edited by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely weaker than Cap.

#23 Posted by dbatdog (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty strong, he was lifting a TV with his right arm in X3.