How about they cancel Spider-man and the X-men next?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Has anyone read it yet? It is terrible and ALL the characters (aside from Spiderman) are written very out of character. Apparently Storm hates Spiderman and has been for a while. And the X-men written off as hateful to baseline people..

This book is off to a pretty lame start. I'm done. With good books being cancelled and dropping like flies, this series isn't getting anymore of my money

Roguefan78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Roguefan78

I didn't really care much for it either. It'll be a quick shelf read for me as of now. Hopefully the writing improves.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Storm hates Spidey? "Take that!!"

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I was excited for the series at first, but then I saw the preview and it looked awful. Then I saw the reviews and heard it was awful so I skipped it entirely.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@god_spawn: I should have saved that scan from Axis where Spidy jumps on her back to complement yours. ;p

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@dernman: I didn't read the Op before posting and assumed it was another thread bitching about that. Forgot to delete the comment after I saw what it was.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I thought there was an unusual amount of bigotry in the that preview. Were they like that during the whole comic.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I grabbed the issue and while it isn't up my alley, I think some slack needs to be given in that it's only the first issue. Yeah, there are more than a few characters that appear to be acting outside of what I would expect, but throwing Spider-Man into the world of mutant students is outside of what I would expect as well.

I can do without the blatant human hating, though. Or flatliners or normies or whatever.

I'm getting the next issue and will take it from there. It feels a lot like how Wolverine and the X-Men felt in the beginning after Schism. Not a good thing.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh. I don't know if I'd phrase it as making "The X-Men seem like they hate humans". I mean really they just believe in handling mutant things within the mutant community which considering their history and the allegory for race....isn't to off base a way to behave. Especially given how a lot of X-Men fans feel the same way.

I don't like the book and find it insulting to some of the characters, but if Storm says she doesn't like Spidey "shrug" I guess Storm doesn't like Spidey.... Its not like she has too.

Really i find i can see a lot of Marvel's attitude toward the X-Men in Spiderman's opening dialogue. They generally seem to dislike the fringe status the X-Men have held within their world and how the X-Men fans are kind of packed together in this group of on their own. It seems to be a symptom of them wanting to bring the X-Men closer to the rest of marvel in recent years and a vocal part of fans disliking this. Now spiderman's dialogue is almost talking directly to this group..and as a member of that faction, I find it hard to side with them when they insult the things I like in order to get me to like their other stuff.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I agree 100% that the book should be cancelled. I really can't believe someone even got approval to write and print that s*@t. I can't cut the 1st issue any slack whatsoever because the premise was a stupid idea to begin with. The Xmen are really becoming a joke. I wish Marvel would just sell the franchise off to someone who cares. The only thing treated worse is Fantastic Four

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I skipped the book but after reading the comments:

Oh God, Marvel what are you doing to the X-Men

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

@ms-lola: flatscans

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: i dont get it and never will..... i hope it gets cancelled. Also i said x-factor wouldnt last and i was right, bunch of b-listers

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Noctum

@poisonfleur: I'm glad I haven't read this yet. And yes, they do cancel the good stuff to bring more crap. How amusing this sound? Very lol.

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was planning to read this after I heard Hellion would finally be getting a spotlight. But then I saw the covers, where his telekinetic aura is yellow? And his eyes are brown? And the preview when his aura is red? And his uniform is yellow (I think)? What? Blue eyes, black hair, green aura, red uniform, right? That's how it's always been, right? I thought that was a pretty bad sign so didn't even bother picking up this issue. I'm kinda glad I didn't from what I've heard about it. When I see a cover or a preview with a character who's coloured correctly, then, I might bother to read it.

Although, recently, I've been reading everything with Quentin Quire in, no matter how terrible, so knowing me I'll end up investing in some part of this series. -.-

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a feeling it would be this bad.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I skipped the book but after reading the comments:

Oh God, Marvel what are you doing to the X-Men

basicallly

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tigerkaya

Just goes to show you what a bunch of hypocrites the X-men are. and to think I used to admire them now I just wish a Heroes Reborn style event to remove them or a busload full of X-men students were blown up have them retire from teaching entirely let them be full on villains so I wouldn't have a reason to care if they all died.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This book will get cancelled so fast... Wolverine's last wish will be a joke.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just goes to show you what a bunch of hypocrites the X-men are. and to think I used to admire them now I just wish a Heroes Reborn style event to remove them or a busload full of X-men students were blown up have them retire from teaching entirely let them be full on villains so I wouldn't have a reason to care if they all died.

Yes because Falcon playing Cap'n 'Merica is much more appealing.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HAWK2916

@roddy010: lol yeah add the female Thor to that too.

There are some real screw ups at Marvel now

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grumpy Cat Good

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hawk2916 said:

@roddy010: lol yeah add the female Thor to that too.

There are some real screw ups at Marvel now

Indeed. That was a weak move on their part. And don't get me started on Axis and more f@%kery that have yet to come.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree about Spider man and the X men. I think it was off and can't seem to understand why Spider man and the X men? I understand Spider Man can't be an Avengers because of Sony, but I think it's getting boring.