• 95 results
#51 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane said:

@tdk_1997 said:

The X-Men comics were better but your statement that Charles,Jean and Storm were the most important characters is untrue.They never were the most important.Nobody was being forgotten and nobody had more limelight than the other but for me when the story was considering Jean Grey the most I never liked it.I can't stand Jean and I would be really happy if good writers came to the X-Men books and wrote stories in which central places have Scott,Emma and Logan.

Lol no thanks. We had this, and it just so happened to be the worst era in X-Comics.

THANK YOU!!

That trio is disgusting, and they honestly tend to plague the X-universe. It's downright awful that Marvel milks their storylines so frequently.

And these storyline have become incessantly stagnant!

Btw, WELCOME BACK!

#52 Edited by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

The books are selling well so I doubt Bendis is going anywhere.

11125.53MAY130128-MSUPERMAN UNCHAINED #2$3.99DC
22100.00MAY130151-MBATMAN #22$3.99DC
3483.59MAY130589-MGUARDIANS OF GALAXY #5$3.99MAR
4583.45MAY130099-MJUSTICE LEAGUE #22$3.99DC
5377.04MAY130155BATMAN ANNUAL #2$4.99DC
6670.09MAY130147-MBATMAN SUPERMAN #2$3.99DC
7765.27MAY130103-MJUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #6$3.99DC
8861.86MAY130627SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #13$3.99MAR
9961.22MAY130628SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #14$3.99MAR
101358.28MAY130638-MSUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM UP #1$3.99MAR
111056.68MAY130687ALL NEW X-MEN #14$3.99MAR
122455.26MAY130576WALKING DEAD #112 (MR)$2.99IMA
131155.16MAY130607-MAVENGERS #16$3.99MAR
141253.64MAY130593-MHUNGER #1$3.99MAR
151453.22MAY130688UNCANNY X-MEN #8$3.99MAR
161552.08MAY130613UNCANNY AVENGERS #10$3.99MAR
171751.85MAY130606AVENGERS #15$3.99MAR
182651.60MAY130584-MAVENGERS AI #1$2.99MAR
191851.00MAY130689UNCANNY X-MEN #9$3.99MAR
202049.43MAY130685-MX-MEN #3$3.99MAR

Top comics for July 2013 from Diamond.

Gillen's Uncanny sold better last year and he still got booted(on a much more diverse and interesting book!). So I'll keep my fingers crossed that Bendis either gets tired of writing three Hank Mccoy's, Three Bobby Drake's, Two Scott Summers and a lame Jean Grey. The roster is in dire need of change in my opinion. It's about as lame as it can possibly be. All New has essentially become "Kitty Pryde rants about everything" and Uncanny is slow as well.

I do like X-men, Legacy and Cable & X-force, but the main titles aren't doing it for me.

#53 Posted by Jake Fury (19187 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Gillen is an excellent writer but unfortunately he's not one of Marvel's "architects" (UGH) like Bendis. I much prefer him to Bendis when it comes to writing anything. My point was that as long as the book sells Bendis isn't going anywhere.

#54 Posted by jhazzroucher (16487 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men is better this year.

#55 Edited by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there is lots more character in Bendis' X-men books when compared to Gillens. I really did enjoy his book but it just seemed to be lacking something, a big sweeping arc or something.

#56 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

I have to say I really do not understand how people do not like Bendis. He is at the top of his game right now and he is probably the best writer Marvel have. He is doing literally everything to bring the X-men back to greatness, look at battle of the Atom and so forth.

People like Yost are not at the right level, Ellis already wrote astonishing and didn't exactly do great work with it. Fraction sucked entirely and Brubaker didn't do much better. The closest the X-men have felt to greatness in a long time is at the moment. All the attention is on the character development and clearly Bendis has a plan that isn't just to back the mutants into a corner repeatedly. As for Woods solo X-men, it's really only mediocre.

I mostly agree with you about Bendis, though I wouldn't say he's the best writer they have. I think Wood's very good myself, but in a pretty different way.

I could see me not being totally into either of them as the sole X-men writer; but, between the two, the X-men have two solid directions that work for me. X-Men and Uncanny X-Men are my two favorite X-men books right now, for the first time in years, and All-new X-men is pretty fun too.

And, though I agree with you that Fraction's X-men was sub-par, his Hawkeye has been superb, so I've forgiven him.

#57 Posted by Ryagan (1976 posts) - - Show Bio

Right now, I'm trying to get into modern X-Men comics, and based on what you guys have said here, I'm pretty nervous. I just ordered the first ultimate collection of Grant Morrison's New X-Men, and now I'm worried. After I read all of his run, I'm going to read Whedon's Astonishing X-Men and then start reading All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, and X-Men. I've read the Dark Phoenix Saga, and it's amazing. It's my favorite comic book of all time. I also just got done reading God Loves, Man Kills, and that was really good, too. It's unfortunate to hear that modern X-Men comics are sub-par.

#58 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@ryagan said:

Right now, I'm trying to get into modern X-Men comics, and based on what you guys have said here, I'm pretty nervous. I just ordered the first ultimate collection of Grant Morrison's New X-Men, and now I'm worried. After I read all of his run, I'm going to read Whedon's Astonishing X-Men and then start reading All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, and X-Men. I've read the Dark Phoenix Saga, and it's amazing. It's my favorite comic book of all time. I also just got done reading God Loves, Man Kills, and that was really good, too. It's unfortunate to hear that modern X-Men comics are sub-par.

This is pretty much everything I would recommend for a new reader, so it sounds like you're on the right track. (Though, I would also recommend Days of Future Past, as another classic in league with the DP Saga and GL,MK).

The new books you mention are all good and fun, even if it may seem jarring going from Whedon's run strait into them. X-Men might have a little less impact without knowing a bit more about the classic 80's X-men than what you've read/plan to read, but I recommend it all the same.

#59 Posted by Ryagan (1976 posts) - - Show Bio

@ryagan said:

This is pretty much everything I would recommend for a new reader, so it sounds like you're on the right track. (Though, I would also recommend Days of Future Past, as another classic in league with the DP Saga and GL,MK).

The new books you mention are all good and fun, even if it may seem jarring going from Whedon's run strait into them. X-Men might have a little less impact without knowing a bit more about the classic 80's X-men than what you've read/plan to read, but I recommend it all the same.

I plan on reading Days of Future past eventually. What else would you recommend I read? I tried reading a bit of X-Men: Legacy, but man, it's really, really boring. Should I also check out the Claremont/Lee run?

#60 Posted by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: I have yet to read it actually, I think the Defenders is the best thing he has ever written! It's hilarious and tragic at the same time!

#61 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. Need not forget that Gillen's entire tenure in the X-Titles excluding Generation Hope, was a complete snooze-fest.

#62 Edited by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: I disagree, there was some great Issues of Gillens X-Men. His Mr. Sinister was a great villain!

#63 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar: His first issue was alright, but the run was devoid of any proper character development. His Sinister was so great because he focused on him moreso than he did the members of his pitched Extinction Team, which is why they were so bad at their job. One of the worst runs in X that i've had to see.

#64 Posted by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: I'll take it you haven't read Fraction's so. Or Ellis's?

#65 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

@ageofhurricane: I'll take it you haven't read Fraction's so. Or Ellis's?

I've read every main X-Run on Uncanny excluding Austen's for various reasons. Fraction's was also horrible, more steeper down the quality cliff than Gillens' but Ellis' was quite nice for what it was, not that he had that long of a run.

#66 Posted by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: I dunno. It seemed disjointed and directionless. I have to say I haven't overly cared for an X-men run before Bendis' run since, hmmmm, Joss Whedon I guess.

And as for before that? Who knows.....

#67 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@ryagan said:

I plan on reading Days of Future past eventually. What else would you recommend I read? I tried reading a bit of X-Men: Legacy, but man, it's really, really boring. Should I also check out the Claremont/Lee run?

sometimes it goes unnoticed that this story foreshadows the character development of almost all of the main characters of the stories that took place in the next five years, From being Storm's fist mission as leader of the team, and Kitty becoming the true hero of the team, to Magneto joining the X-men, and Wolverine's eventual control of his animal side -it all started here.

More than the Claremont/Lee era (of the late 80's/early 90's), I would recommend the early 80's. It kicks off with the end of the DP Saga, which you've read, and then there's like just one issue (about Kitty joining the team) before it goes into Days of Future Past (in Uncanny X-men #141 &142). Shortly after that there's The Uncanny X-Men #150 - I, Magneto, which sets in motion the development of Magneto that ultimately unfolds in The Uncanny X-Men #200 - The Trial of Magneto.

God Loves, Man Kills, which you've read, takes place outside of the regular series, someplace between 150 and 200, but before Rogue Joins the team in The Uncanny X-Men #171 - Rogue.

Throughout this period, the X-men most often face such classic threats as Mystique's Brotherhood, the Morlocks, Nimrod, the Juggernaut, the Hellfire Club and ultimately the Marauders in Mutant Massacre (from The Uncanny X-Men #207 - Ghosts to #212 - The Last Run, after which most of the classic members leave).

Not every issue between issue #141 - Days of Future Past and #212 - The Last Run is essential reading, but most of it's really well done, and it's definitely the most classic period of Claremont's X-men, defining most of the classic characters (especially Storm, Kitty, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Rogue, and Magneto) and themes, and generally redefining the genre. And if you've already read the epic DP Saga that kicks it all off and the seminal turning point (in the theme and tone) set by God Loves, Man Kills, then there's a good chance you'll appreciate this period.

#68 Posted by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

Is God Loves, Man Kills as good as every one makes it out to be?

#69 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane said:

@chapmar: His first issue was alright, but the run was devoid of any proper character development. His Sinister was so great because he focused on him more so than he did the members of his pitched Extinction Team

This is pretty much exactly how I felt; Sinister was great, but the rest was largely a waste of what could have been a great cast (and Hope).

@chapmar said:

@ageofhurricane: I dunno. It seemed disjointed and directionless. I have to say I haven't overly cared for an X-men run before Bendis' run since, hmmmm, Joss Whedon I guess.

There's not a lot of greatness between Whedon's Astonishing X-Men and the Bendis' current books (though I am enjoying those quite a bit so far), but I have enjoyed most of the work that Brian Wood has done in that time, from his work on X-men (vol.3 and 4), to his run on Ultimate Comics X-Men, as well as the Wolverine and the X-Men: Alpha & Omega mini series.

His subtle, smoldering character work has quietly kept some of the best characters in interesting stories for the last few years, and I think that makes a great counter point to Bendis' brash, bold character concepts in Uncanny and All-New X-Men. I'm glad to see both of them at the helm, and I think they balance each other out quite well.

#70 Posted by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: I would genuinely be happy to see Bendis helm the X-men for the next few years. The Avengers have completely saturated the market and lost most of what made them popular again in the last ten years.

I really thought it was great to see Cyclops stand up to them because he was basically saying what I was shouting at the page the entire time. I have read the first few issues of cable and x-force and it is not doing it for me, same as the Uncanny X-force.

I genuinely believe that ANXM and Uncanny X-men are the best books going at Marvel at the moment. I can't bring myself to read Fraction's fantastic four run, and he is already departing it so no point. I tried Hickman's Avengers and it is soul-less sci-fi completely unsuited to the Avengers. Captain America is just so out of his depth as a character it is not even funny. Then there are the myriad of Avengers titles that i just don't have interest in.

A+X is hit and miss, but not a book I need to collect. Too much wolverine to bother. Superior Spiderman is the worst concept I have ever heard in my life, and makes the clone saga look like Inception in comparison. Uncanny Avengers is decent but it is more like an Avengers Book as opposed to an X-men book. Plus all the mutants are the attractive ones which pisses me off, every character in the story is chiseled perfection.

I need to read Fraction's Hawkeye though, can't really think if anything else that sounds interesting in the marvel line up then. Poor Scarlet Spider is always going to be the other spider book no matter how good it is and rumors are it is being cancelled. Iron man literally seems to be all over the place when compared to Fractions tight, if slightly repetitive, run.

#71 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

The early 2000's till now the X-men books have not been as good. Marvel Now has re-energized my interest in X-men with All New X-men & Uncanny X-men.

#72 Posted by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@girth said:

The early 2000's till now the X-men books have not been as good. Marvel Now has re-energized my interest in X-men with All New X-men & Uncanny X-men.

You and me both buddy!

#73 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar: yeah, I'm enjoying Uncanny X-force, but I get why it's not for everyone -it's kind of in it's own little world.

Uncanny Avengers I like a lot, but I do think of it as an Avengers book. It's my favorite Avengers book, though. And I think Beast should be on the team rather than Wolverine, though I like how he fits into the current arc. (Rick Remender does a great Dark Beast, so I feel he could make Beast really work, especially with the.members of this team).

So many people keep saying how good Scarlet Spider is, but I haven't read enough about it to know if I'd be interested. What's it like? Is it like Spider-man, or what?

#74 Edited by Ryagan (1976 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

@ryagan said:

sometimes it goes unnoticed that this story foreshadows the character development of almost all of the main characters of the stories that took place in the next five years, From being Storm's fist mission as leader of the team, and Kitty becoming the true hero of the team, to Magneto joining the X-men, and Wolverine's eventual control of his animal side -it all started here.

More than the Claremont/Lee era (of the late 80's/early 90's), I would recommend the early 80's. It kicks off with the end of the DP Saga, which you've read, and then there's like just one issue (about Kitty joining the team) before it goes into Days of Future Past (in Uncanny X-men #141 &142). Shortly after that there's The Uncanny X-Men #150 - I, Magneto, which sets in motion the development of Magneto that ultimately unfolds in The Uncanny X-Men #200 - The Trial of Magneto.

God Loves, Man Kills, which you've read, takes place outside of the regular series, someplace between 150 and 200, but before Rogue Joins the team in The Uncanny X-Men #171 - Rogue.

Throughout this period, the X-men most often face such classic threats as Mystique's Brotherhood, the Morlocks, Nimrod, the Juggernaut, the Hellfire Club and ultimately the Marauders in Mutant Massacre (from The Uncanny X-Men #207 - Ghosts to #212 - The Last Run, after which most of the classic members leave).

Not every issue between issue #141 - Days of Future Pastand #212 - The Last Run is essential reading, but most of it's really well done, and it's definitely the most classic period of Claremont's X-men, defining most of the classic characters (especially Storm, Kitty, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Rogue, and Magneto) and themes, and generally redefining the genre. And if you've already read the epic DP Saga that kicks it all off and the seminal turning point (in the theme and tone) set by God Loves, Man Kills, then there's a good chance you'll appreciate this period.

Good to know! Thank you! I'll have to pick up a bunch of those "Essential X-Men" volumes. I've actually read issues 172-173 because they were included with Chris Claremont's Wolverine trade paperback, and I must say, I enjoyed those two issues waaaaay more than Wolverine. Not that it was bad, I just found those two issues to be a fun read.

#75 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@ryagan: ahh, The Uncanny X-Men #172 - Scarlet in Glory, when Rogue first proves herself to Wolverine and gains his trust.. classic Paul Smith art.. what a great age.

Yeah, those Essential X-men phone-books are pretty good, especially vol.6 & 7, though I would recommend color reprints if you can find them, like Classic X-Men (which had great, character developing back-up stories by Claremont added at the end of each issue) or X-Men Classic, which had some of the later issues of that run. These were some of the first issues I read. Just great stuff.

#76 Posted by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar: yeah, I'm enjoying Uncanny X-force, but I get why it's not for everyone -it's kind of in it's own little world.

Uncanny Avengers I like a lot, but I do think of it as an Avengers book. It's my favorite Avengers book, though. And I think Beast should be on the team rather than Wolverine, though I like how he fits into the current arc. (Rick Remender does a great Dark Beast, so I feel he could make Beast really work, especially with the.members of this team).

So many people keep saying how good Scarlet Spider is, but I haven't read enough about it to know if I'd be interested. What's it like? Is it like Spider-man, or what?

I have only picked it up sporadically but it seems pretty decent, very popular with the fans as well and seen as the actually spider man series is god awful it could be an avenue worth considering!

I do like Uncanny Avengers but it could just be called very "Not quite but almost Kurt Busiek's Avengers - featuring Wolverine and Havok". At least from what I have read!

After Remender's Uncanny X-Force there really is gonna have to be an amazing incarnation of X-Force to succeed.

#77 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men comics are only good when written by Grant Morrison, or to a lesser extent, Mike Carey and Chris Yost, or to an even lesser extent, Joss Whedon.

#78 Edited by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

The x men books have sucked a lot since messiah complex, maybe even before then. And why are there so many little splintered x teams now, the x teams have become a mess.

#79 Posted by HAWK2916 (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

The x men books have sucked a lot since messiah complex, maybe even before then. And why are there so many little splintered x teams now, the x teams have become a mess.

I agree with this. Which is why I feel that there should only be 4 books: Uncanny Xmen, Xmen, Xforce, Xfactor. All the solo stuff and everything else can go because it hurts the characters and their personalities when 20 people write the same guy. I hate all the splintered teams but then again I don't want Xmen to be like Avengers with 20-30 members on one team

#80 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

After Remender's Uncanny X-Force there really is gonna have to be an amazing incarnation of X-Force to succeed.

probably best not to compare them, really. They're completely different kinds of books.

#81 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

Tbh, it doesn't really seem like you've read a lot of X-Runs prior to anything forced-in-your-face-recent as it is. And if you're a heavy proponent of Bendis'run, i can't really fault you.

#82 Posted by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: I have been reading X-men comics since I was about 9 or 10 and I am 27 now so I have been reading a lot of runs in my time! Not every issue mind, but I used to be a pure X-men fan through and through. I kinda got pulled away in the last six or seven years because, honestly, nothing much other than Whedon's run drew me in. I like Claremont's work as well but it takes up so much of the X-men history its hard to compare.

#83 Posted by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

They've been better and worse. I hate to say it, but really good writing and X-men stories rarely coincide.

#84 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

What I don't understand I why fans keep on wanting to bring Jean Grey back. I mean sure, she's a fan favourite, but even if she DOES come back, that doesn't necessarily mean the series would get better. We just need better, more innovative writers, making us fall in love with the characters all over again, right? That is my opinion at least.

#85 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men comics have been worse since Grant Morrison left, granted him being there was the high point of the franchise and couldn't be followed, but now it's just sad. Bendis and Aaron on the X-Men, to say that it's a disgrace to the franchise an insult to written word is still an understatement.

#86 Edited by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men comics have been worse since Grant Morrison left, granted him being there was the high point of the franchise and couldn't be followed, but now it's just sad. Bendis and Aaron on the X-Men, to say that it's a disgrace to the franchise an insult to written word is still an understatement.

How is having 2 of Marvel's brightest and best writers a disgrace to the franchise? If anything it shows their devotion to keeping the X-men good. It just kind of seems like unless it's Morrison, it doesn't matter who else it is because it is automatically not as good?

#87 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

How is having 2 of Marvel's brightest and best writers a disgrace to the franchise? If anything it shows their devotion to keeping the X-men good. It just kind of seems like unless it's Morrison, it doesn't matter who else it is because it is automatically not as good?

Yeah, Bendis and Aaron are two of the best and brightest.

And in other news, Stephanie Meyer is the greatest author ever and there's never been better music than Nickelback.

#88 Edited by adamTRMM (2057 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike everything about Mortison's run, his new characters, a genocide of 16 million that somehow nobody even cared, his "homo weirdos" legacy and this list could go on. But I do admit, with Bendis and Aaron, X-Men are going nowhere, which is a shame, because this time I feel that the X-Men comics could have become something more.

#89 Posted by CaptainCyke (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think of UA as an Avengers book ,but more of a Remender book. :P He really just takes stuff out on his own and is usually ridiculously good. But after all his recent work (since the beginning of his UXF run) I've become a big fanboy of his, so I may be biased.

#90 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think of UA as an Avengers book ,but more of a Remender book. :P He really just takes stuff out on his own and is usually ridiculously good. But after all his recent work (since the beginning of his UXF run) I've become a big fanboy of his, so I may be biased.

sure. I dunno, to me it's more like a classic Avengers book than any other title coming out right now, or even in the last ten years. Much as enjoyed a lot of The New Avengers, it was very much a new kind of team, with it's own identity and distinct threats.

Uncanny Avengers has a mostly old-school line up with three new members thrown in to mix up the group dynamic, which is a pretty classic Avengers formula for drama; mixing it up with new members and villains, yet still retaining the classic Avengers feel.

It definitely still feels like a Remender book, but I feel like he's done his homework.

#91 Posted by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

And in other news, Stephanie Meyer is the greatest author ever and there's never been better music than Nickelback.

Powers, Alias, Ultimate Spiderman, New Avengers, Dark Avengers, Scarlet. - Yeah Bendis has my respect.

#92 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@chapmar said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Powers, Alias, Ultimate Spiderman, New Avengers, Dark Avengers, Scarlet. - Yeah Bendis has my respect.

Powers, mysoginistic mary-sueism, mediocrity for 100+ issues combined with a pathetic author avatar boning Kitty Pryde, complete crap, Nazi crap, one comic released every 2 years. Your respect is clearly worthless.

#93 Edited by Daycrawler (547 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@chapmar said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Powers, mysoginistic mary-sueism, mediocrity for 100+ issues combined with a pathetic author avatar boning Kitty Pryde, complete crap, Nazi crap, one comic released every 2 years. Your respect is clearly worthless.

Woo-hooo! Personal opinions as fact and insults as a rebuttal !! You must be a delight to talk to in the real world.

#94 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Woo-hooo! Personal opinions as fact and insults as a rebuttal !! You must be a delight to talk to in the real world.

sorry, I'm just glad somebody called that.

#95 Posted by Chapmar (192 posts) - - Show Bio

@chapmar said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

@chapmar said:

@fadetoblackbolt said:

How does one even possibly respond to this? So because you seem to hate everything he has done, therefore my respect is worthless?

#96 Posted by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: God, you and your hate-on for Cyclops.

My answer would be yes. But only very rarely. Oh, but wait, you hate most of the stuff I think is good. My bad?