#1 Edited by darthphoenix (704 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, i didnt get to go online that much during the BOTA days and I wasnt able to bring this up. I was so surprised that future jean was able to take on a phoenix avatar. It was even funny that the Phoenix force was even calling her while it was in quentin. But I dont understand how one's power could overload. same thing happened in x-men anime. they made jean explode. sad

#2 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2822 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthphoenix: what also is weird that when scott was phoenix the phoenix was always calling for hope(in avx) and hope said "Do you think your enough for it? It wants to burn bigger and brighter"

#3 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

BotA Jean had power, but lacked control, or at least that's the way I saw it, since she had to use the Xorn's suit and everything, I guess that her body just couldn't take the power of the Phoenix without the training and experience regular 616 Jean had.

And Jean did overpower a Phoenix Avatar before, she took the Force away from Emma during Endsong, while she had none, it's kind of the same here. Since Jean is the Phoenix, she can always do whatever she pleases with it.

#4 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2822 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthphoenix: @gonnarain: I think in BOTA2 Xorn did try to warn teen jean that "whatever power she thinks she has will not be strong enough for whats coming next" Hinting about the future "trial of jean grey" arc

#5 Edited by Outside_85 (8680 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think she was nearly as powerful as Quintin was, but she was able to exploit what appears to be the usual psychological baggage every host seems to get that turns them into glass cannons.

#6 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2822 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think she was nearly as powerful as Quintin was, but she was able to exploit what appears to be the usual psychological baggage every host seems to get that turns them into glass cannons.

lol

#7 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

That's probably it, but still Quentin was an even worst Avatar than Endsong Emma who had no real feats to speak of. Each one of the Phoenix Five with no more than 1/5 of the Force showed to be better hosts than Quentin, and unlike him, they were never meant to be Phoenix Avatars.

One more of BotA screw ups I guess.

#8 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4761 posts) - - Show Bio

That's pretty lame. One more reason why I dislike Jean, I guess.

(+)

#9 Posted by darthphoenix (704 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain: Rachel never had training when she became a phoenix avatar.she was the longest avatar of the phoenix. probably the best too

#10 Posted by Outside_85 (8680 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain: Rachel never had training when she became a phoenix avatar.she was the longest avatar of the phoenix. probably the best too

Only one that didn't eventually go mad with power :)

#11 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthphoenix said:

Of course, Rachel is, in my opinion, one of the best Avatars, but I wasn't really talking about training though, just that, unlike the Phoenix 5, Quentin was supposed to become the Phoenix at one point or another (or at least I remember something like that), not that he had any special trainging.

#12 Posted by mechem_93 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Quentin sucks at being the phoenix (and everything else), that's why he lost.

#13 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (4016 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthphoenix said:

Only one that didn't eventually go mad with power :)

Except for that time she was gonna destroy all that is just to fight the Beyonder and when the small echo of the Phoenix was starting to make her grow darker. The real Jean Grey never went mad with power, Dark Phoenix was the Phoenix Force, it was Jean Grey that prevented it's madness.