For once, Marvel makes Wolverine look better than Cyclops.

• 112 results
tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@extremis said:

God the X-Men really love to stand around and talk don't they? What a bunch of drama queens.

It's Bendis plotting. Bendis is to action as Jeph Loeb is to character development. They both can't do it.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@tomchu said:

@extremis said:

God the X-Men really love to stand around and talk don't they? What a bunch of drama queens.

It's Bendis plotting. Bendis is to action as Jeph Loeb is to character development. They both can't do it.

I just read Hulk: Gray which is written by Loeb and I think he did a fine job with character development.

I will say I haven't read a ton of his stuff, though. But his work on Batman was also great.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wloverine is simply a joke. and i hate still cyclops costume

The phoenix put scott in black and red, so now its his favorite new colors......lol

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By Night Thrasher

@frogdog said:

By Wolverine's own words, he admitted all of his family, friends and lovers don't matter...

God when did the X-men turn into a low budget soap-drama

I believe that started with Claremont. If you read his run he uses a TON of speech bubbles and exposition to get the story across

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

By Wolverine's own words, he admitted all of his family, friends and lovers don't matter...

I believe that started with Claremont. If you read his run he uses a TON of speech bubbles and exposition to get the story across

Not as over dramatic as bendis current run. By all means I'm saying that drama for the X-men has gotten worst.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@frogdog said:

@night_thrasher said:

@frogdog said:

Not as over dramatic as bendis current run. By all means I'm saying that drama for the X-men has gotten worst.

We can agree to disagree then. I personally think that Claremont's run was a lot more wordy and dramatic than Bendis' run.

Avatar image for deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f
deactivated-5baa5ef93cf0f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how this makes anyone look good, to me it makes them both look like a couple of 12 year olds. And the whole "Charles was the only person who's life mattered." line has to be one of the most ridiculous things I've read in my entire life.

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Honestly lets be real, Wolverine is the fallen Samurai, the lone warrior, the secret soldier and silent enforcer. HE ISN'T A LEADER OF MEN!! An that's my annoyance, this is all contrived BS so they can make him the center of the X-Verse, which comes across as fanservice. Much like the stunt they pulled with Spidey an MJ a few years ago. Some people want him in this role and willl swallow this, I'm sry the obvious villainous tint they've attached to Scott over the last two years to even justify this argument is kinda pathetic. I love the X-Men as much for the Team dynamic as the characters. An this, is a rather shoddy version of the X-Men. Here's hoping that No More Humans starts to rectify this as it forces them yet again to work as the team they used to be, not the squabbling mess they've become.

IstariJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@emerald_general_jai: I respectfully disagree. I say "respectfully" because I totally felt the same way at a time, but recently I started to think about it. Would I rather Wolverine's character stay 100% the same after all these years? I mean, seriously, he's been the "fallen Samurai" and the "lone warrior" for a very long time now, and you'd think going through all these experiences with the X-Men and the Avengers would make some "hero" rub off on him and I think it's an interesting place to bring the character.

And eh, you also bring up the "villainous" role they gave Cyke recently and, honestly, I think it works. Cyclops has always been my favorite X-Men and I'm all for what they've done to him in recent years for the same reason I like what they've done to Wolverine. He's experienced the evils of humanity, seen his species almost become extinct, and those close to him die. Much like Magneto, that pain has changed his view on the world and the dramatic actions brought on by the anti-mutants and believes that dramatic actions have to be taken to counter it.

I know plenty of people don't agree with me, and that's all right, this is just where I stand on the whole thing.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By PurePower

I always thought Wolverine look more tough than Cyclops.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#112  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@emerald_general_jai: I respectfully disagree. I say "respectfully" because I totally felt the same way at a time, but recently I started to think about it. Would I rather Wolverine's character stay 100% the same after all these years? I mean, seriously, he's been the "fallen Samurai" and the "lone warrior" for a very long time now, and you'd think going through all these experiences with the X-Men and the Avengers would make some "hero" rub off on him and I think it's an interesting place to bring the character.

Agreed, and I don't think it's at all out of character to bring him to where he's at now. His code of honor has seen him in the protector role since the early 80's, and though he may have spearheaded the schism, he's really only in charge of the students, not the other X-men.

He may be among the most central characters because of his popularity, but he's not really the leader. Storm's the leader.

And eh, you also bring up the "villainous" role they gave Cyke recently and, honestly, I think it works. Cyclops has always been my favorite X-Men and I'm all for what they've done to him in recent years for the same reason I like what they've done to Wolverine. He's experienced the evils of humanity, seen his species almost become extinct, and those close to him die. Much like Magneto, that pain has changed his view on the world and the dramatic actions brought on by the anti-mutants and believes that dramatic actions have to be taken to counter it.

also agree with this. Just because Cyclops is an outlaw and an outsider to the other X-men doesn't mean what he's doing isn't also heroic in it's own way, and does all make sense with the way his character has developed over the last 10 years.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know plenty of people don't agree with me, and that's all right, this is just where I stand on the whole thing.

Gotta agree. A lot of people want to talk about who Cyclops is now as a character is just the result of all he's been through and natural growth over time. I believe that's true, however I also believe the same for Wolverine. Is he a loner? Yes. Is he a fallen samurai and a soldier? Of course. Is he a killer? Oh absolutely. But he's also, and has been for a long time now, a teacher, who takes young mutants under his wing and helps them grow into themselves. Now it can always be argued about whether or not you want someone like him around children, but the man can get results.

Really I think both Logan and Scott are two of the best developed, and unique characters in the X-Men franchise. I don't necessarily agree that they're the next Charles and Erik (Though I obviously see why people say that, with them being looked to as the causes of the Schism and all that's defined the next Mutant era.), moreso I think they've both taken Xavier's ideals, internalized them, and developed their own approaches to the same goal, with differences based on what they've been through. Scott's become a darker character as he's seen however many friends and loved ones die, his race brought to the brink of extinction, and the dream he's fought for his entire life become ever more unlikely. Logan on the other hand was that dark character, who through fighting alongside the X-Men and seeing real heroes has found something to stand and fight for, something actually worth dying for, and a future worth building.