For once, Marvel makes Wolverine look better than Cyclops.

• 112 results
Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@extremis said:

God the X-Men really love to stand around and talk don't they? What a bunch of drama queens.

This

This x 2!

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

This mostly. However, it does make Wolverine look better than Cyclops. Cyclops could have mentioned the death of NorthStar but instead his only reply was a childish insult about "Professor" Wolverine."

ooh, that would have actually been a great point!

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@extremis said:

God the X-Men really love to stand around and talk don't they? What a bunch of drama queens.

Here is how the Justice League deals with their problems.

Justice League > X-men
Justice League > X-men

Damn Batman doesnt take no bull$^%* from anyone.....lol

I may have to get a batman book oneday

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They tried, but failed. That speech was almost as awful as the event as a whole.

And what this guy said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@time: Except for the part when Logan say's out of all the pepole that's ever been killed Prof X is the only one that mattered.

Like "Yeah I've killed hundreds, my own son included, but they were not Charles so it does not matter, lololololol."

Now that Kitty is thankfully gone, I couldn't care less about the hell hole that is the JGS, I just hope Rachel would leave those losers as well.

I think rachel is a double agent. Shes a spy for daddy Cyclops like when she told cyke in avx that the avengers were going to five different places to find hope or in BOTA when she helped teen jean contact cyclops team in x-men 4

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, Wolverine still looks worse. Wow, they can't even make a battle plan without getting into a posture match. And Wolverine is absolutely the last one that should be talking about moral authority. Just not buying it.

BrokenSpear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BrokenSpear

Some people are just gonna hate cyclops regardless of what he does or how he evolves as a character; when he was a boyscout everyone complained that he was too bland, and now that he's a rebel he's a douchebag. There's just no pleasing anyone.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when is Wolverine ever the underdog to Cyclops? "For once" Wolverine looks better than Cyclops? Wolverine is always portrayed as the "better one". The writers have wanted us to side with him since forever. Even when he was clearly wrong in the Age of Ultron comic and damaged the multiverse when he tried to fix the problem. Wolvie was still somehow right for going through time and killing Hank Pym, because..... reasons.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By GonnaRain

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@gonnarain said:

They tried, but failed. That speech was almost as awful as the event as a whole.

And what this guy said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@time: Except for the part when Logan say's out of all the pepole that's ever been killed Prof X is the only one that mattered.

Like "Yeah I've killed hundreds, my own son included, but they were not Charles so it does not matter, lololololol."

Now that Kitty is thankfully gone, I couldn't care less about the hell hole that is the JGS, I just hope Rachel would leave those losers as well.

I think rachel is a double agent. Shes a spy for daddy Cyclops like when she told cyke in avx that the avengers were going to five different places to find hope or in BOTA when she helped teen jean contact cyclops team in x-men 4

I don't think it's the case. You're right that it seemed like she was playing in Cyke's team all alone, and she was clearly against the decisions the JGS took during BotA, she even clashed with Storm, but at the end of the day it seems like she likes Wolvie to much to leave that hell hole, or who knows...

Only thing I know is that once she leaves that place, then the JGS can burn to the ground for all I care.

Even though Bendis UXM run is not what I was expecting, and I sure as hell don't like his current take on the characters, let alone that horrible dialogue, the Uncanny roster is great, specially now that Kitty joined them, I guess that's the reason why it pains me so much to see that Bendis is ruining a team with so much potential.

Marvel, please let Wood take that book. Please.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@jonny_anonymous said:

@time said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I think he pointed that out , cause Cyclops killed him.

Yea but it's kind of a stupid thing to say. If I was Northstar I would be beating the hell out of Wolverine by now.

Honestly right? Wolverine and the rest of his gang need to get off of their pedestals.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:
No Caption Provided

When Cyclops team and Wolverine’s team first confronted one another, in the early issues of All New X-Men. Micheal Bendis care more about making Cyclops team looking better than Wolverine team. You had Cyclops giving big speeches, going face to face with Beast. Then Beast not standing up to him, he only speaks about him after his left. You got Emma Frost allowing the Cuckoo's to attack teen Jean. Magneto throws Wolverine in the air.

In Battle of Atom 2, it finally looks like Wolverine getting his point across. He know he shouldn't be Headmaster of a school and how funny it sounds to some people, that he is. It doesn't matter, he open the school for the students and that's what matter. Not Cyclops, the students.

For once, Marvel makes Wolverine look better than Cyclops. Loved that moment.

What do you guys think ?

Time, did you honestly that the time to read that panel? im not sure if you're a new fan or old fan of the x-men series or a Wolverine fan alone, but Marvel didnt make Wolverine look better in anybody in that panel. If anything marvel or bendis is trying to make us look like fools for believing that little guy dressed up like Wolverine talking like a boy scout is actually Wolverine. It really pisses me off that dont write Logan to sympathize with Scott more instead he just grand stands on Scott mistake.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By John Valentine

Lol, no.

BloodTalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine always looks better than Cyclops this is not news

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are making him look better since Schism, I don't understand how this isn't obvious though.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:
No Caption Provided

When Cyclops team and Wolverine’s team first confronted one another, in the early issues of All New X-Men. Micheal Bendis care more about making Cyclops team looking better than Wolverine team. You had Cyclops giving big speeches, going face to face with Beast. Then Beast not standing up to him, he only speaks about him after his left. You got Emma Frost allowing the Cuckoo's to attack teen Jean. Magneto throws Wolverine in the air.

In Battle of Atom 2, it finally looks like Wolverine getting his point across. He know he shouldn't be Headmaster of a school and how funny it sounds to some people, that he is. It doesn't matter, he open the school for the students and that's what matter. Not Cyclops, the students.

What do you guys think ?

Time, did you honestly that the time to read that panel? im not sure if you're a new fan or old fan of the x-men series or a Wolverine fan alone, but Marvel didnt make Wolverine look better in anybody in that panel. If anything marvel or bendis is trying to make us look like fools for believing that little guy dressed up like Wolverine talking like a boy scout is actually Wolverine. It really pisses me off that dont write Logan to sympathize with Scott more instead he just grand stands on Scott mistake.

Very much this. Wolverine lost my respect for his crimes for screwing up the time stream after AOU. He doesn't get the right to grand stand.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"YOU KILLED THE ONLY MAN WHO MATTERED."

So wrong on so many levels. For me, this whole exchange between Scott and Logan makes neither look good. In fact, they come across as childish. Additionally, i would like to Optic blast Beast in his smug face on that last panel.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone remind me why Cyclops killed Professor X?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#68 god_spawn  Moderator

Because he was possessed by a giant, cosmic, fire bird that was making him batsh*t insane.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battheman008 said:

Because he was possessed by a giant, cosmic, fire bird that was making him batsh*t insane.

Okay so in non-proCyclops terms, X was possessed by the Phoenix Force?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@battheman008: Fair question, did you read or have any knowledge of AvX whatsoever? If no, I can explain things in better detail. But this is the gist for the question at hand.

No. Cyclops was the one that was going bat*shit crazy. He was getting beaten on for an entire comic, telling the Avengers and other X-Men to stop attacking him and leave him alone. There was a tie in issue that Emma Frost was going even nuttier and almost went Dark Phoenix, so one of the reasons Scott went full DP was because he didn't want Emma to become like Jean. He takes her power, goes even crazier, and then kills Professor X who was also trying to shut him down.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By BattheMan008

Oh you meant Cyclops was possessed gotcha. Also, no. AvX took place before I started reading comics again.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn:

That leads me to my next question, why does anyone support Cyclops?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one made anyone look good. Bendis made everyone look bad in this event. And Aaron made them look even worse with BOTA # 2

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn:

First of all, because you can't really blame a phoenix host for what they did with the phoenix force. Though Avengers supporters in the AvX comic state that Cyclops relished in the power and "allowed himself" to lose control....

Warning! A vs. X themed flame bait in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Personally I'm in the camp that Cyclops' grip on reality was strained as soon as he was exposed to the phoenix force (unwillingly I might add). To be fair, Cyclops was the one member of the phoenix five that was in the most in control of himself (Colossus might be closer) but the moment that caused him to kill Xavier was particularly straining. He was being attacked by the Avengers and told by Professor X that he was ashamed of him.

The most morally questionable aspect of AvX was Cyclops' claim that he would do it all over again, because the mutant population was restored. Otherwise, he was very remorseful of Xavier's death (Magneto notes that this is why Cyclops wants to keep the O5 around). He'll defend himself saying he didn't mean to kill him and he wasn't in control of himself, but he was willing to stay in prison for his actions (as well as allow Morally Superior Wolverine to kill him... twice). The reason why he left prison is because he witnessed a mutant get killed with no recompense. Prior to this murder he witnessed, Magneto offered to break him out and he declined. Now he sees another fight worth having to protect the newly activated mutants.

This is why Cyclops has support.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 god_spawn  Moderator

Oh you meant Cyclops was possessed gotcha. Also, no. AvX took place before I started reading comics again.

Gotcha.

@soduh2 said:

@battheman008 said:

@god_spawn:

First of all, because you can't really blame a phoenix host for what they did with the phoenix force. Though Avengers supporters in the AvX comic state that Cyclops relished in the power and "allowed himself" to lose control....

Personally I'm in the camp that Cyclops' grip on reality was strained as soon as he was exposed to the phoenix force (unwillingly I might add). To be fair, Cyclops was the one member of the phoenix five that was in the most in control of himself (Colossus might be closer) but the moment that caused him to kill Xavier was particularly straining. He was being attacked by the Avengers and told by Professor X that he was ashamed of him.

The most morally questionable aspect of AvX was Cyclops' claim that he would do it all over again, because the mutant population was restored. Otherwise, he was very remorseful of Xavier's death (Magneto notes that this is why Cyclops wants to keep the O5 around). He'll defend himself saying he didn't mean to kill him and he wasn't in control of himself, but he was willing to stay in prison for his actions (as well as allow Morally Superior Wolverine to kill him... twice). The reason why he left prison is because he witnessed a mutant get killed with no recompense. Prior to this murder he witnessed, Magneto offered to break him out and he declined. Now he sees another fight worth having to protect the newly activated mutants.

Pretty much this.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

Some people are just gonna hate cyclops regardless of what he does or how he evolves as a character; when he was a boyscout everyone complained that he was too bland, and now that he's a rebel he's a douchebag. There's just no pleasing anyone.

@adamtrmm said:

They are making him look better since Schism, I don't understand how this isn't obvious though.

Agree with both of this!

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soduh2 said:

@battheman008 said:

@god_spawn:

Cyclops was totally right, but I think owning the bit about killing Xavier again was a kick in the mommy/daddy button to anyone that actually cared about the character. There was really no defense in him killing Charles. You don't see that all that often with X characters. I'm glad he owns it. Could he have controlled it? Perhaps. Colossus reigned it in when he was going to kill Kitty and prevented his sister from killing Spiderman, but someone had to go full baddie.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's 20+ years of character development. i am totally fine with this because at the end of the day if you make wolverine mad enough he will still stab you in the chest lol.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkknightdetective: Posting a OLD 4$$ scan to prove tHat

tHe current JL is > tHe current X-Men

YeaH... goodjobtHerebuddie... and let's be Honest tHat scan just sHows tHat Batman carries tHe Justice League.

-ABstract4$$#073-

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By tigerkaya

I do hope Cyclops takes over the X-men back soon and kicks Wolverine out so we can get the X-men segragated from everyone the way it should be.

BattheMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soduh2 said:

@battheman008 said:

@god_spawn:

Thanks.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ever since I was a little kid when I discovered comics, I knew Logan was better then Cyclops. This is no surprise, over the years I've grown to hate Cyclops more and more as a character so much that if he were eaten by capuchin monkeys I would be fine with that.

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By mechem_93

@frogdog said:

By Wolverine's own words, he admitted all of his family, friends and lovers don't matter...

God when did the X-men turn into a low budget soap-drama

Please, x-men was always 30% action, 70% soap opera.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By XsPectre28

i am ready for this "beef' between cyclops & logan to be over.... they work better together, i hate that after years of a rocky friendship to finally have some breakthrough than to turn around and fully breakdown..... i still have hope that all of this is part of some plot between scott & logan cause they know something we and the marvel U doesnt. hell xavier made shaky moves in the past because he thought he was or was doing for the greater good

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am ready for this "beef' between cyclops & logan to be over.... they work better together, i hate that after years of a rocky friendship to finally have some breakthrough than to turn around and fully breakdown..... i still have hope that all of this is part of some plot between scott & logan cause they know something we and the marvel U doesnt. hell xavier made shaky moves in the past because he thought he was or was doing for the greater good

They were frenemies after jean died(and bury the hacthet) then in schism scott tries to distracted wolverine to not blow up utopia by telling him that jean never loved him(and blah, blah,blah) and it reignited there first rivalry

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By XsPectre28

@xspectre28 said:

They were frenemies after jean died(and bury the hacthet) then in schism scott tries to distracted wolverine to not blow up utopia by telling him that jean never loved him(and blah, blah,blah) and it reignited there first rivalry

they were ALWAYS frenemies from the time wolverine first joined the x-men. jean is there soft spot it can either bring them together as shown after she died or break them apart as shown during schism

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By phisigmatau

that totally sucked

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

wloverine is simply a joke. and i hate still cyclops costume

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xspectre28 said:

I wish writers would really get over it. It was amazing to me to go back and re-read all of those classic issues to find out that this "rivalry" was nipped in the bud by Jean herself when she first met Wolverine decades ago. Wolverine held a flame, but life goes on - Jean and Logan were teammates for years with a friendly respect. It seems like a story line that keeps getting resuscitated by writers who don't know how to deal with adult relationships.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@xspectre28 said:

I wish writers would really get over it. It was amazing to me to go back and re-read all of those classic issues to find out that this "rivalry" was nipped in the bud by Jean herself when she first met Wolverine decades ago. Wolverine held a flame, but life goes on - Jean and Logan were teammates for years with a friendly respect. It seems like a story line that keeps getting resuscitated by writers who don't know how to deal with adult relationships.

Exactly well said

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@slimlim said:

"YOU KILLED THE ONLY MAN WHO MATTERED."

So wrong on so many levels. For me, this whole exchange between Scott and Logan makes neither look good. In fact, they come across as childish.

This summarizes my feelings about the X-men since Schism.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved this scene.

"You killed the only man who mattered"

That's the one part that could've been worded better. Seeing as how i'm certain no one present knows about Logan killing his kids and such, everyone's probably assuming he's only talking about the scumbags he's killed over the years, at least that seems to be the way it's meant, but that's a pretty all-encompassing statement to Cyclops response...Yeah it just could've been worded better.

Regardless though, I love the overall message Logan's sending and that's how i've felt since the entire business with Schism happened.

"Call me Professor Wolverine and laugh if you want. Cause these here are my X-Men. And that's our school over there. And after that...Nothing else really means a damn. Including you."

I'm convinced this was half aimed at all the readers who've complained about Wolverine's position as headmaster.

Magmaster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I'm the only one who finds this argument pretty believable?

Seriously seems in character for both of them and they are only humans (sort of) so they're far from perfect. With all the shit that's gone down recently it makes sense.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#96  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Seriously seems in character for both of them and they are only humans (sort of) so they're far from perfect. With all the shit that's gone down recently it makes sense.

It's totally in-character for both of them, and it totally makes sense with what's gone on recently.

It's not just you :v

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I find it believable. Makes perfect sense. I just think that when Logan referred to Xavier as the only one who mattered he was saying it in the heat of the moment, or only taking villains into account.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly neither one of them have room to speak on the other's faults. This exchange should have been with Rachel or Storm instead of Wolverine. God why is marvel so afraid to have their premiere characters speak up. I'm so done with this pissing contest between Cyclops and Wolverine. A lot of these characters have voices too and they should definitely be heard.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By adamTRMM

No matter what Mr' Worst X-writer Aaron try to convince us, his Wolvie will forever be the worst hypocrite. He seems to avoid the fact he is not the only writer that's writing him. And the stuff he's done just in UXF run makes all his words completely ignorable. He has absolutely no moral prop to tell ANYONE how much they've messed up. A headmaster that approved a murder of a child? Check. Killed his own children? Check. (In future) Directly responsible for the Red Onslught? Check. So no Aaron, no matter how hard you try your Wolvie is the biggest joke in comics these days.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hushofthewind said:

@time said:
No Caption Provided

What do you guys think ?

Very much this. Wolverine lost my respect for his crimes for screwing up the time stream after AOU. He doesn't get the right to grand stand.

What about that time that he totally wanted to kill the Scarlet Witch, um for the second time... you know when she came back and later actually helped to save mutantkind in hopes of redemption of the horrible things she had people through since M-Day.