• 111 results
#1 Edited by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

When Cyclops team and Wolverine’s team first confronted one another, in the early issues of All New X-Men. Micheal Bendis care more about making Cyclops team looking better than Wolverine team. You had Cyclops giving big speeches, going face to face with Beast. Then Beast not standing up to him, he only speaks about him after his left. You got Emma Frost allowing the Cuckoo's to attack teen Jean. Magneto throws Wolverine in the air.

In Battle of Atom 2, it finally looks like Wolverine getting his point across. He know he shouldn't be Headmaster of a school and how funny it sounds to some people, that he is. It doesn't matter, he open the school for the students and that's what matter. Not Cyclops, the students.

For once, Marvel makes Wolverine look better than Cyclops. Loved that moment.

What do you guys think ?

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32717 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Except for the part when Logan say's out of all the pepole that's ever been killed Prof X is the only one that mattered.

#3 Posted by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

God the X-Men really love to stand around and talk don't they? What a bunch of drama queens.

#4 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

When Cyclops team and Wolverine’s team first confronted one another, in the early issues of All New X-Men. Micheal Bendis care more about making Cyclops team looking better than Wolverine team. You had Cyclops giving big speeches, going face to face with Beast. Then Beast not standing up to him, he only speaks about him after his left. You got Emma Frost allowing the Cuckoo's attacking teen Jean. Magneto throws Wolverine in the air.

In Battle of Atom 2, it finally looks like Wolverine getting his point across. He know he shouldn't be Headmaster of a school and how funny it sounds to some people, that he is. It doesn't matter, he open the school for the students and that's what matter. Not Cyclops, the students

What do you guys think ?

I think this is totally out of character for Wolverine, and deep down you know as well! Wolverine is nothing more than the perfect soldier to execute a plan. There's a difference between being a leader and a soldier! Cyke is and always will be the one true leader of the X-men! The scene posted was just so out of character for Wolvie it made me do a double take( Did he just say that) ! lol !

#5 Posted by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Except for the part when Logan say's out of all the pepole that's ever been killed Prof X is the only one that mattered.

I think he pointed that out , cause Cyclops killed him.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32717 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yea but it's kind of a stupid thing to say. If I was Northstar I would be beating the hell out of Wolverine by now.

#7 Posted by frogdog (3236 posts) - - Show Bio

By Wolverine's own words, he admitted all of his family, friends and lovers don't matter...

God when did the X-men turn into a low budget soap-drama

#8 Edited by Manchine (3968 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, over the years (I MEAN 20+ years). I have been seeing Wolverine slowly evolving from the dark, I want to kill everything in the room, idiot. To a actual likable character. I have notice the change specially since they have been trying to fit him into the Avengers. I personally disliked him as the Dark character. I am hoping they continue to move wolverine in this direction.

#9 Posted by Wolverine08 (38620 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (12112 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#11 Edited by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

By Wolverine's own words, he admitted all of his family, friends and lovers don't matter...

I'm sorry when did he admit this.

@jonny_anonymous said:

@time said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yea but it's kind of a stupid thing to say. If I was Northstar I would be beating the hell out of Wolverine by now.

Not really. Most of the X-Men turn against Cyclops, cause they don't agree with him and they witness him killing Charles Xavier. The issue I have with Cyclops, is he thinks he the only one in the right. He needs to get off his high Horse.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32717 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@frogdog said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@time said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Not really. Most of the X-Men turn against Cyclops, cause they don't agree with him and they witness him killing Charles Xavier. The issue I have with Cyclops. is he thinks he the only one right. He needs to get off high Horse.

Yea and yet all of the X-Men also witnessed Wolverine stabbing Northstar to death. Also Wolverine killed all of his own children with his own hands and yet he just said none of them matter.

#13 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

God the X-Men really love to stand around and talk don't they? What a bunch of drama queens.

Here is how the Justice League deals with their problems.

Justice League > X-men

#14 Posted by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@frogdog said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@time said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Not really. Most of the X-Men turn against Cyclops, cause they don't agree with him and they witness him killing Charles Xavier. The issue I have with Cyclops. is he thinks he the only one right. He needs to get off high Horse.

Yea and yet all of the X-Men also witnessed Wolverine stabbing Northstar to death. Also Wolverine killed all of his own children with his own hands and yet he just said none of them matter.

Not sure what story he stab Northstar in. Northstar and Logan kids doesn't matter like Charles Xavier does. All of the X-Men care about Charles Xavier.

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32717 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@time said:

@frogdog said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@time said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Not sure what story he stab Northstar in. Northstar and Logan kids doesn't matter like Charles Xavier does. All of the X-Men care about Charles Xavier.

In Enemy of the State.

#16 Posted by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@time said:

@frogdog said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@time said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

In Enemy of the State.

oh. It's still good to see Wolverine put Cyclops in his place. It's about time.

#17 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@time said:

@frogdog said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@time said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yea Wolvie did kill most of his kids , I think he killed like 4 or 5 and there's maybe 1 or 2 still living. I guess that's just something to look forward to when you finally grow up as Wolvie's kid! Aww man I just turned 18, and dad says he has a present for me! Also people keep forgetting Charles was low down too.

#18 Edited by darkbeam (2091 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine really can't judge Cyclops.

#19 Posted by JetiiMitra (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a pretty likable thing for Wolverine to say.

#20 Posted by RustyRoy (10923 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

What?

#21 Edited by Wolverine08 (38620 posts) - - Show Bio

Too much drama in the X-Men.

#22 Edited by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

They tried, but failed. That speech was almost as awful as the event as a whole.

And what this guy said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Like "Yeah I've killed hundreds, my own son included, but they were not Charles so it does not matter, lololololol."

Now that Kitty is thankfully gone, I couldn't care less about the hell hole that is the JGS, I just hope Rachel would leave those losers as well.

#23 Posted by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

@gonnarain: I think what wolverine getting across, is him being headmaster doesn't matter. What he doing for the students does matter.

With regards to killing loads of people. Does that really matter to other X-Men. No. If that was case, would they follow his leadership.

#24 Posted by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (787 posts) - - Show Bio

They tried, but failed. That speech was almost as awful as the event as a whole.

And what this guy said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Like "Yeah I've killed hundreds, my own son included, but they were not Charles so it does not matter, lololololol."

Now that Kitty is thankfully gone, I couldn't care less about the hell hole that is the JGS, I just hope Rachel would leave those losers as well.

Agreed. I actually find it hard to believe that nobody called Logan on this. Storm in particular strikes me as the kind of person who'd say every death matters, but I guess the staff of JGS are all just Logan's yes-men. If it wasn't for Brian Wood, I wouldn't be paying attention to JGS at all.

#26 Posted by frogdog (3236 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously throughout the beginning of the 90's to 2012, prof x has been shown to be shady, manipulative crook and it's only until he died is when people only want to remember the good things about him. Wolverine Speech's doesn't devalue the life of fellow x-men, he outright s***ted on his whole code about felling regret about his past killings.

#27 Posted by Wolverine08 (38620 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

Seriously throughout the beginning of the 90's to 2012, prof x has been shown to be shady, manipulative crook and it's only until he died is when people only want to remember the good things about him. Wolverine Speech's doesn't devalue the life of fellow x-men, he outright s***ted on his whole code about felling regret about his past killings.

Drama. X-Men need more drama.

#28 Posted by RustyRoy (10923 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed man, Cyclops and Wolverine should get a room and solve all their problems, but there needs to be someone else in the room in case they try to kill each other.

#29 Posted by Wolverine08 (38620 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08 said:

Agreed man, Cyclops and Wolverine should get a room and solve all their problems, but there needs to be someone else in the room in case they try to kill each other.

LMAO! The way Cyke and Logan are going, one will end up killing the other eventually.

#30 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

undefined

The only reason BoTA 2 was even passable. Look at Cyke and his grin. He be trolling with the best of them.

#31 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08 said:

LMAO! The way Cyke and Logan are going, one will end up killing the other eventually.

Yep. I could see Marvel killing off Cyke in the coming years

#32 Posted by Wolverine08 (38620 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08 said:

I would prefer this back though:

#33 Edited by RustyRoy (10923 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08 said:

And they'll bring him back after one issue lol.

#34 Posted by RustyRoy (10923 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare said:

@wolverine08 said:

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08 said:

Me too, they've got the best dynamic MU.

#35 Edited by frogdog (3236 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

The X-men need more drama like spider-man needs a stupid premise for a story arc

#36 Posted by Wolverine08 (38620 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

@wolverine08 said:

@frogdog said:

The X-men need more drama like spider-man needs a stupid premise for a story arc

Indeed :)

#37 Edited by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: That doesn't mean, Cyclops shouldn't be put in his place. I'm glad Wolverine did it.

#38 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare said:

@wolverine08 said:

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08 said:

I'm sure it'll come back eventually. I'm alright with Marvel keeping them apart for a while longer

#39 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@evilvegeta74: That doesn't mean, Cyclops shouldn't be put in place. I'm glad Wolverine did it.

I'd say that goes two ways, and actually it's more hypocritical coming from Logan considering his past.

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08 said:

@peppeyhare said:

@wolverine08 said:

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08 said:

Overall this the best way to go.

#40 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4251 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

When Cyclops team and Wolverine’s team first confronted one another, in the early issues of All New X-Men. Micheal Bendis care more about making Cyclops team looking better than Wolverine team. You had Cyclops giving big speeches, going face to face with Beast. Then Beast not standing up to him, he only speaks about him after his left. You got Emma Frost allowing the Cuckoo's to attack teen Jean. Magneto throws Wolverine in the air.

In Battle of Atom 2, it finally looks like Wolverine getting his point across. He know he shouldn't be Headmaster of a school and how funny it sounds to some people, that he is. It doesn't matter, he open the school for the students and that's what matter. Not Cyclops, the students.

What do you guys think ?

I feel like I can usually see both of their points, but yeah, Wolverine does come out looking better in this scene.

And, while I do see the need for what Cyclops' team does, I do think that Wolverine has a point on this issue since mutants disregarding the law and fighting regular law enforcement with Magneto does make a better justification for having Sentinels than, say, opening a school and joining up with Captain America. :v

at least on paper..

#41 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11098 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, I really enjoy the character development that Logan is receiving but that scan wasn't a shining moment in my eyes. It completely devalued every life ever lost at the hands of Logan. I did enjoy that he put the students ahead of himself though. It's a mixed reaction for me.

#42 Edited by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@time said:

@evilvegeta74: That doesn't mean, Cyclops shouldn't be put in place. I'm glad Wolverine did it.

I'd say that goes two ways, and actually it's more hypocritical coming from Logan considering his past.

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08 said:

@peppeyhare said:

@wolverine08 said:

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08 said:

I think the difference between Cyclops and Wolverine. Is Wolverine knows what he done in the past is wrong and he knows he a killer and yet he still trying to do right by his students and the other X-Men. Cyclops thinks what he is doing is right, no matter what other people think. What he doing with his X-Men, doesn't have a negative effect on the other X-Men.

@oldnightcrawler Wolverine has been mistreated by Marvel for quite a long time now and seeing him put Cyclops in his place, was pretty cool.

#43 Posted by batmannflash (6189 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

I think the difference between Cyclops and Wolverine. Is Wolverine knows what he done in the past is wrong and he knows he a killer and yet he still trying to do right by his students and the other X-Men. Cyclops thinks what he is doing is right, no matter what other people think. What he doing with his X-Men, doesn't have a negative effect on the other X-Men.

Honestly I think that's because Cyclops IS actually right. I like Wolverine more but I have to admit while Wolverine isn't wrong either, Cyclops is also right

#44 Edited by Xwraith (15295 posts) - - Show Bio

@frogdog said:

When they stopped having good writers.

#45 Posted by time (4845 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

Honestly I think that's because Cyclops IS actually right. I like Wolverine more but I have to admit while Wolverine isn't wrong either, Cyclops is also right

How is he right.

#46 Posted by JonSmith (3988 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

oh. It's still good to see Wolverine put Cyclops in his place. It's about time.

Pray tell how Wolverine continuing to chew out Cyclops over doing something he had absolutely NO control over is 'putting him his place'. It's like congratulating someone for yelling at a pedestrian for a car crash: Yeah, you tell that guy who wasn't in control of anything that just happened!

The Avengers, Wolverine included, drove the Phoenix into Cyclops. They KNEW what was going to happen when they did, and rather than trying to STOP it, they narrowed it down to two of the Phoenix Five, and then put Cyclops in a position where the Phoenix's manipulation could take him over. And then they blame him because he killed Charles when he went critical, something that wouldn't have happened if they had acted intelligently?

#47 Posted by batmannflash (6189 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Well first of all, Avengers vs. X-Men was not exactly his fault. He was right in that Hope Summers and the Phoenix would help restore the mutant race. As for as we know, the Avengers had no plan for Hope. They thought that they could defeat the Phoenix and so on. It was the Avengers who drove the Phoenix in Cyclops and the Phoenix 5. They caused the Phoenix to manipulate Cyclops, which led to everything he's done. Professor X's death was not in his control. And at the end of the day, Cyclops was right. The mutant race is growing again.

In Schism, both Wolverine and Cyclops were right. Cyke knew that they had to fight and hold their ground because they have nowhere else to go. He refuses to continue on running away. Everything he's done is for mutants, in order that they could survive.

Currently, Wolverine's team is great but so is Scott's. They need to fight for mutant-kind, whether or not people hate Scott, he is still standing strong for protection and survival of mutants.

#48 Posted by Reignmaker (2227 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

This

#49 Edited by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08 said:

@peppeyhare said:

@wolverine08 said:

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08 said:

Agree.

#50 Edited by PapiNacho (2364 posts) - - Show Bio

@extremis said:

This

This mostly. However, it does make Wolverine look better than Cyclops. Cyclops could have mentioned the death of NorthStart but instead his only reply was a childish insult about "Professor" Wolverine."