• 58 results
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Roddy010

Storm gets her first ongoing series in July 2014. Here's an exclusive first look at Victor Ibanez's interior art for the series. Click through to see Storm blow away her competition - literally!

STORM #1

(W) GREG PAK (W) • VICTOR IBANEZ (A/CA)

Thief. Goddess. Headmistress. Queen. The X-Man called STORM has always defied a single title. And her desire to better the world has never been limited to only her own kind. On a mission to foster goodwill and safeguard the mutant race's continued existence in her own way, Storm will travel the globe, confronting man and mutant, god and monster and everything inbetween. She will overthrow tyrants, quell tsunamis and strive to see her dream for the world realized. She is STORM, a hero like no other....and the skies will tremble at the sight of their namesake. 32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Looks good, can't wait.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster
Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Must buy for me. I hope she does some incredible things in this ongoing to help further establish her as one of the most powerful mutants.

I've always seen her that way.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh....I don't see this converting many people who aren't already Storm fans but this seems like its exactly what the storm fans have been looking for

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: Thanks she will need all the support she can get.

@koays said:

Eh....I don't see this converting many people who aren't already Storm fans but this seems like its exactly what the storm fans have been looking for

Only time will tell....

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I'll give it a shot. A handful of issues anyway and I'm not a Storm fan... let's see how it goes.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Buying it because of Pak.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art looks great. I hope the story will be as good. Anyway, must buy for me.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Storm's an all-time favorite, and this art looks gorgeous; I have to at least give this a shot..

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:
No Caption Provided

Nice Roddy :-). You already know I'll be all over this book. I'm already pre-ordered up to issue #3. Beastly winds+Throat check+Human Shield = Marvel please take all of my money $$$!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By poisonfleur
No Caption Provided

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Soooo she's averting a tsunami...and then punches a guy in the throat....okaaaaay.

The art looks great, guess we'll have to wait and see the context of the panels.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Soooo she's averting a tsunami...and then punches a guy in the throat....okaaaaay.

?

But Ororo's always been one of the baddest gurls on the X-Block. Circumventing natural disasters for the greater good and conceptualization of something bigger than herself while single-handedly mopping the floor with a goon's ass is par for the course when dealing with Storm. This has been a long time coming and I. AM. READY.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Roddy010

@roddy010 saidNice Roddy :-). You already know I'll be all over this book. I'm already pre-ordered up to issue #3. Beastly winds+Throat check+Human Shield = Marvel please take all of my money $$$!

This preview is EVERYTHING and more. If this book delivers like I know it will, I'll will be making it rain like I was at a Marvel strip club.

Here you go Marvel, Pay them bills GURL!

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Roddy010

@ageofhurricane:

But Ororo's always been one of the baddest gurls on the X-Block. Circumventing natural disasters for the greater good and conceptualization of something bigger than herself while single-handedly mopping the floor with a goon's ass is par for the course when dealing with Storm. This has been a long time coming and I. AM. READY.

I am beyond ready Age and you're not lying when you say it's been a long time coming. I hope the solo excels and shuts nay sayers up and if not I say crack the heavens and rid the Earth of those abominations :p (got that from mistresssobeautiful lol)

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: Let them know, brother. And LOL that final comment brings me back to the cataclysmic Storm moment in X-Evolution when she threw one of the Hungan men into skies using some sort of localized twister, never to be heard of again..O.O

What an amazing woman, amiright?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, let's snatch David Lopez back from Captain Marvel and have him rotate with Ibanez and possibly Coipel.

Coupled with the correct colorist to complement his artwork (in this case, Rachel Rosenberg) he'd knock the title out of the park in the artistic department.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
for all who don't believe she deserved/couldn't have her own solo.
for all who don't believe she deserved/couldn't have her own solo.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: 100% agreed about Storm being one of the baddest X-Ladies on the block. I love that fierce and unpredictable spirit that sits right beneath that layer of compassion and serenity.

@roddy010: Yassss that gif lol...

25 days to go and counting.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: Hours, minutes, seconds, miliseconds I'm counting them all lol.

@ageofhurricane: Copiel would be a dream come true. I want to open a musuem dedicated to his work with a Storm exhibit lol :P I would love to see Yardin and Peter Nyguen give it a shot too.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: I would LOVE for Coipel to get a chance to draw Storm in her solo book. He's a fan of he character and I know he would give us done killer action and beautiful panels of Ororo.

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looking forward to this.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Dat ass.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@roddy010 saidNice Roddy :-). You already know I'll be all over this book. I'm already pre-ordered up to issue #3. Beastly winds+Throat check+Human Shield = Marvel please take all of my money $$$!

This preview is EVERYTHING and more. If this book delivers like I know it will, I'll will be making it rain like I was at a Marvel strip club.

I CAN'T!! THIS HAD ME DYING!! XD

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for marlexcabanilla
marlexcabanilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4 3 2 1

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4 3 2 1

This preview gave me LIFE! Loved every page of it. Holding back a million tons of water with her winds, could have parted the wave directly if she wanted to (though it would have been the wrong approach), and pulling sound to her wars via air manipulation. And I like the voice Pak is giving her. This preview blew me away.

These are going to be a LONG 5 DAYS!

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlexcabanilla said:

4 3 2 1

This preview gave me LIFE! Loved every page of it. Holding back a million tons of water with her winds, could have parted the wave directly if she wanted to (though it would have been the wrong approach), and pulling sound to her wars via air manipulation. And I like the voice Pak is giving her. This preview blew me away.

Art is gorgeous. Pak said in an interview that he was going to explore new ways to use her powers, and I hope that he'll do this. This looks promising anyway.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: yes Pak's passion for Storm and his plan to explore her powers has me excited. He was so impressively creative with Dazzler's powers during his XXM run so I am hoping for some great moments for Storm (and the preview already has me over the moon :-)...).

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@jaken7 said:

Buying it because of Pak.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's in Africa, dealing with problems that could affect real people? They have my $.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlexcabanilla said:

4 3 2 1

I still hate the haircut and costume, but love the idea and use of her powers. Finally: some forward movement for this character.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: yes Pak's passion for Storm and his plan to explore her powers has me excited. He was so impressively creative with Dazzler's powers during his XXM run so I am hoping for some great moments for Storm (and the preview already has me over the moon :-)...).

when you write a character such as Storm(or I should say mutants, generally, since they have more variable and funnier powerset than other superhumans), being creative with their powers is a must. And it looks like he will do it(he even mentioned idrokinesis, didn't he? When she says that she could just rip water apart with her powers).

She's in Africa, dealing with problems that could affect real people? They have my $.

yeah, I didn't know what he could have done with Storm in an ongoing(so far we've only seen her in team books, right?), but the idea of her fighting and protecting real people from environmental issues is a good one.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@veitha said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

when you write a character such as Storm(or I should say mutants, generally, since they have more variable and funnier powerset than other superhumans), being creative with their powers is a must. And it looks like he will do it(he even mentioned idrokinesis, didn't he? When she says that she could just rip water apart with her powers).

Agreed. And yes to the bold, he touched her control over moisture :-), which I loved.

Drizzle1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: thats crazy ... cuz i was thinkin the same.. i think he draws her features good as well.. and he is a good artist that marvel hasnt had in awhile

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: thats crazy ... cuz i was thinkin the same.. i think he draws her features good as well.. and he is a good artist that marvel hasnt had in awhile

I'm liking his work. I checked out some of his work on Cheetah in DC and her book looked amazing. It looked like we only got him on Storm's book for issues 1 & 2, and then it changes to Buffagni on issue #3, but we get Ibanez back on #4. Counting down :-). We have less than a day to go.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

she looks so .. REAL! .. feel level over 9000! i mean sure comic women are beautiful but storm is drawn realistically i mean .. her little stomach pout and everything .

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AgeofHurricane

This was really good, guys.

It was...*sniff*...really, really good. *sob*

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was indeed very good. I like Creep, the new character. I hope that she'll reappear soon.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Roddy010

@veitha said:
@ageofhurricane said:

it was indeed very good. I like Creep, the new character. I hope that she'll reappear soon.

Me too. It was a good read over all. I absolutely loved it. The storyline was well done. It was a nice set up for more issues to come. I am interested in seeing how Marisol will become a villain in on this. Maybe Callisto may have something to do with it or maybe even Mystique.(since she's everywhere now). I loved Storm's inner voice and the power development was very well done. Her connection to air is very deep. Beast is a good supporting role and I'm looking forward to the next issue to come. Pak and Ibanez did a wonderful job. Kudos to this team.

No Caption Provided

Drizzle1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Drizzle1030

@malachi_munroe: i havent seen the book yet only the snippets on here.. i hope its a good story and people pick it up becuz i feel that marvel sleeps on this woman... and she needs to be put back to the fore front

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@drizzle1030: i haven't seen it either and by the looks of it .. i won't therefore i'm waiting for someone nice enough to share a scan or two :p

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really dont want people posting scans until issue 2 is out, This comic needs sales and people just looking at it online isnt going to ensure its future.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xrs10: its for the review thread .. we review the comic .. post our favourite parts .. and gear up and shift our excitement towards the next issue.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: @veitha:

Mhhhhhhm. But Roddy, i really, really HOPE Flourish (i'm calling her Flourish :) doesn't turn into a villain like you're speculating she will. She already feels like an organic NPC-type character with palpable depth that could stay around for the prospective and provide a positive perspective, in Pak's title at the very least. IDK if you're reading PAD's X-Factor but i feel like both she and Georgia Dakei are providing the social juxtapositions that are needed for today's stories. Like, those stories that actually attempt to hit the M-Metaphor while providing a more human narrative for the reader, which is, i feel, is sorely needed in today's stories. That "sell-out" scene is something i feel like Storm (and possibly a few of her "ex-fans" who feel like she's fallen off the railings and lost the plot) needed in order to recalibrate her personal mandate and find solid footing for her life in addition to her role in Mutantkind's future--she's had the ego-punch a long time coming, i feel, and i hope Marisol continues to stimulate Storm for the greater good.

Also, i hope the X-Solos continues for years and years to come. They're really good and precedent for their existence has been established.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@veitha said:

@ageofhurricane said:

@roddy010 said:

@veitha said:
@ageofhurricane said:

Me too. It was a good read over all. I absolutely loved it. The storyline was well done. It was a nice set up for more issues to come. I am interested in seeing how Marisol will become a villain in on this. Maybe Callisto may have something to do with it or maybe even Mystique.(since she's everywhere now). I loved Storm's inner voice and the power development was very well done. Her connection to air is very deep. Beast is a good supporting role and I'm looking forward to the next issue to come. Pak and Ibanez did a wonderful job. Kudos to this team.

Agreed with all :-)! I thoroughly enjoyed the first issue and am counting down to 8/23/14 for issue #2. I believe Ketchum tweeted a image from the next issue that shows Storm and Cal getting into it:

No Caption Provided