Favorite Alt Reality/Timeline X-Men Story?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

What the title says.

I'm going to be controversial here and say Age of X

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I always liked the Days of Future Past storyline from New Mutants where Cannonball is the militant co leader of the X-Men and Moonstar is dressed like a Valkyrie, riding her pegasus and combating Sentinels with a machine gun. You don't get more heavy metal than that.

I always wanted to see more of that timeline.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

I miss age of x too. Emma finding out about frenzy, classic. Sage said it best when emma is just full of drama. Emma the drama queen....lol

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By frozenedge2

It's a tie between Age of Apocalypse and Ultimate X-Men. Age of Apocalypse because it was the first volume trade of Marvel I ever read and I loved it. Never thought I'd see Sabretooth being a father figure to somebody, Rogue and Magneto hooking up, and Logan becoming the new Apocalypse.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ultimate X-Men because it was a more realistic take on the X-Men and I loved what they did with some of the characters too. I'm enjoying Wood's run with the series as well.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

On a side note, I'm also interested in the reality the BOTA X-Men came from. A future where Dazzler was president for all of 2 minutes before being murdered, somebody unleashed a swarm of demons afterwards, Sentinels are hanging around the institute, Xavier's grandson and Molly Hayes are part of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Storm and T'Challa had a kid, there was apparently a Stark Towers/Baxter Buildings war. I mean with the right writer, I'd be game to see a book about this future.

No Caption Provided

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By HumanRocket

AOA

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

age of x

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Age of Apocalypse. Though I'm kinda biased. xD

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rebelpunk13

also the earth/planet/paradise x was pretty awesome

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By adamTRMM

I think there's a book, with many concepts of alternate X-men, I think it's called X-Men: Millennium, I want to read this!

As for the favorite, Remender completely annihilated AOA =( Age of X was nice, but it was too warped to take it seriously. Ultimate, would you believe my first comic book was actually a random Ultimate issue, I was eleven I think (which means these series just started) and I still didn't really read it?

But this one was really fresh take on the characters:

No Caption Provided

I think it was fun, I would like to read about a pantheon of mutants interpreted into gods. With obvious choices like Namor, Iceman, Storm and other elementals, Colossus as god of war, Magik ruler of "hell", Jean Grey as goddess of love and seduction, to make her manipulative. And multiple other possible interpretations, just imagine and it's there.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the orignal AOA before the crossover!!!!!!!!

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@adamtrmm said:
No Caption Provided

But this one was really fresh take on the characters:

I think it was fun, I would like to read about a pantheon of mutants interpreted into gods. With obvious choices like Namor, Iceman, Storm and other elementals, Colossus as god of war, Magik ruler of "hell", Jean Grey as goddess of love and seduction, to make her manipulative. And multiple other possible interpretations, just imagine and it's there.

you know, I wasn't really a big fan of this story, but I think you're right, this was a cool take on the team.

No Caption Provided

In a way, the X-men do have their own pantheon anyway, so it's interesting to see that take on it. I remember thinking that that's something they had the potential to do with Uncanny X-Men (vol.2).

Between the weather goddess, the lord of the sea, the queen of hell, the embodiment of destruction, the sun god, the ice queen, and their one-eyed king, living on a fallen asteroid on top of Atlantis, this team already had a pretty mythical, epic kind of feel. It's kind of too bad that book didn't last longer.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Age of X would be my top pick, with Brian Wood's run on Ultimate Comics X-Men as a very close second. @adamtrmm: What issues did that take place in? It looks kind of cool.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Binski

Ultimate x-men I have been digging the series since issue 17.1

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

AOA

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By adamTRMM

@raggedscarecrow:

It was a second or third issue of X-treme X-men, and it is worse than it looks like, sorry to shatter your hopes, I just liked the idea and the design :)

@oldnightcrawler said:

you know, I wasn't really a big fan of this story, but I think you're right, this was a cool take on the team.

No Caption Provided

In a way, the X-men do have their own pantheon anyway, so it's interesting to see that take on it. I remember thinking that that's something they had the potential to do with Uncanny X-Men (vol.2).

Between the weather goddess, the lord of the sea, the queen of hell, the embodiment of destruction, the sun god, the ice queen, and their one-eyed king, living on a fallen asteroid on top of Atlantis, this team already had a pretty mythical, epic kind of feel. It's kind of too bad that book didn't last longer.

I wasn't a fan neither, it was a very poor run actually, I just liked that particular idea.

Oh yes, Extinction team :(( Pretty sure that's one of, if not the most, epic line-up, I would even forgive Gillen his awful, downplayed Magneto, to see more of these guys, damn AVX!

Btw, by sun god(dess?) you've meant Hope?

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

Oh yes, Extinction team :(( Pretty sure that's one of, if not, the most epic line-up, I would even forgive Gillen his awful, downplayed Magneto, to see more of these guys, damn AVX!

Btw, by sun god(dess?) you've meant Hope?

No, I meant Magneto. His power is to control the electromagnetic spectrum, which is energy the earth absorbs from the sun.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I meant Magneto. His power is to control the electromagnetic spectrum, which is energy the earth absorbs from the sun.

That was a second thought, I thought about Hope because of her channeling PF looking more like sun, but yeah you could refer to her as a gift from the gods maybe? heh

Anyways, I'd make an amalgam version of Magneto, Xavier and Odin as a Skyfather of this pantheon lol

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

That was a second thought, I thought about Hope because of her channeling PF looking more like sun, but yeah you could refer to her as a gift from the gods maybe? heh

Anyways, I'd make an amalgam version of Magneto, Xavier and Odin as a Skyfather of this pantheon lol

Like Magneto himself sort of was in Age of Apocalypse?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a tie between Age of Apocalypse and Ultimate X-Men. Age of Apocalypse because it was the first volume trade of Marvel I ever read and I loved it. Never thought I'd see Sabretooth being a father figure to somebody, Rogue and Magneto hooking up, and Logan becoming the new Apocalypse.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ultimate X-Men because it was a more realistic take on the X-Men and I loved what they did with some of the characters too. I'm enjoying Wood's run with the series as well.

Hey you know whats weird is cyclops merged with apocalypse in the 616 universe that destroyed jean and scott's relationship while, In AoA wolverine became apocalypse that destroyed Jean and Logan's relationship.....lol

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#22  Edited By time1

Early (90's) Age of Apocalypse, is still the best by far.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Age of Apocalypse is number one.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like Magneto himself sort of was in Age of Apocalypse?

Actually, pretty close. But this version wouldn't want to change his reality, quite the opposite would do anything to save his Paradise :)

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No competition, Age of Apocalypse

Fond of X-Men: The End as well.