Posted by time (5172 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Does it annoyed you that's there hasn't been a decent X-Men game in years and there no animated X-Men Movies (54 votes)

Yes, very annoyed 76%
No 24%

We had Deadpool and X-Men Destiny only as X-Men games.

The last decent X-Men game was X-Men legends 2 which was release in 2005.

We had Wolveine vs Hulk and Wolverine animated Movie and that's it.

As a X-Men fan, how do you feel about it.

#1 Edited by Paragon_Sean (70 posts) - - Show Bio

I want X-men legends 3! They even set it up for a third game, with Mr. Sinister as the main villain.

#2 Edited by Teerack (7435 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hate that Raven got ruined by Activision and now there are no more Alliance or Legends games :\

#3 Posted by SoA (5247 posts) - - Show Bio

i miss x-men legends and ultimate alliance. UA2 sucked and its been downhill since

#4 Posted by Oscuro (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

I havent liked an x men game since the old arcade game tbh.

#5 Posted by poisonfleur (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Lifedeath, Fall of mutants, and Nercosha X as movies.
I want an animated series that does justice to the entire cast like X-men TAS or Teen Teen Titans does. Not like Wolverine and the X-men or that X-men anime bull...
I want X-men Legends 3 or at LEAST Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 featuring the AvX story arc.

Marvel keeps making the Avengers steal the X-men's spotlight, popular stories and characters-- because if they didn't, they know they couldn't compete.

#6 Posted by poisonfleur (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

& X-men Destiny was some trash-- they should be ashamed to call that an X-men game....

#7 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. There needs to be QUALITY X-Men games. Something in at least the same realm as the quality that Rocksteady put in the Arkham Series. That's how you make a Comic Video game.

And Yes, we do need a new X-Men Animated. Though I would prefer it not be just dumbed down for kids. The DCAU was a quality line and Frankly Marvel needs to compete with that. But this is Disney.....

Sorry, I'm still pissed cause Wolverine and the X-Men was solid and heading to do the AoA which may have given me Nate Grey in Animated form.....but that stopped when Disney bought Marvel....

#8 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a good game to come out soon... I haven't played Deadpool, but I don't consider him to be an X-Men related character. Well he sorta is but then he isn't. X-Men Destiny was CRAP. And Ultimate Alliance 2 sucked, and did not do justice to any character.

With X-Men: Days of the Future Past coming out next year... I feel we'll have to wait till then to really get anything X-related.

And an animated series is LONG overdue. Something has to fill that void for me... I mean Young Justice filled it till it got cancelled, but I really want a series dedicated to my favorite characters.

#9 Posted by Xwraith (21446 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a simple reason for that:

#10 Edited by BaBaBoom (267 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a New X-men Legends featuring ONLY the younger X-men/mutants and should have a story line where all of the other X-men are either dead, imprisoned or in hiding. Of course, this should be set in an alternate universe where Hope killed millions of humans and in the beginning of what would be the future where Bishop comes from.

A man can dream...........

#11 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

YES! There should have been a new X-Men animated series by now! I want the animated series to be based around Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men and a bit from House of M. I also would like to see a new X-Men game come out that's similar to Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

#12 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

Brian wood's ultimate X men would be a good starting point.

#13 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

I want X-men legends 3! They even set it up for a third game, with Mr. Sinister as the main villain.

YES!!!

#14 Edited by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

we probly wont get one until marvel gets xmen rights back from fox

#15 Posted by BaBaBoom (267 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigtewell: I thought FOX only have movie rights.

#16 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

we probly wont get one until marvel gets xmen rights back from fox

I agree with this since it might seem a bit odd if Marvel were to promote a movie series that's owned by another company, but it could happen.

#17 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

I do hate how there hasnt been an x-men game recently that im like omg omg i cant wait for it.

I really want them to make an x-men game that looks like Marvel Nemesis i loved the look an feel.of the game even though it wasnt x-men i think it did them justice for the ones that were in.

As for animated it is weird they haven't made another yet but I guess their to busy with the Avengers -_-

But I actually like the anime even being a Storm fan. I loves the look an the character were pretty good. I usually watched subbed because i didnt like the English voices. An Wolverine an the x-men was ooooook but i dont think any X-men show should be focused around any x-men (other than Storm lol)

BUT X-MEN TAS WAS THE BEST OF THEM ALL NOW IF THEY BROUGHT THAT BACK WITH BETTER GRAPHICS I WOULD DIE LOL

#18 Posted by Shadowcloak (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on what you mean by decent, I guess. I consider X-Men: Legends 1 & 2 awesome games. And I consider X-Men: Destiny a decent, if not good, game; in fact, I've put a surprisingly amount of hours into it despite my usually avoiding simple, time-wasting games like the plague.

#19 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

Would love a newer generation version of X-Men: Next Dimension!

#20 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand this question. Why should I be annoyed that things that don't exist don't exist?

I mean, I generally like watching X-men cartoons, but that doesn't mean that I feel entitled to them.

#21 Posted by trebean (704 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand this question. Why should I be annoyed that things that don't exist don't exist?

Because, it doesn't exist? I'm annoyed that rocker powered chairs aren't a thing or ever will be.

#22 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@trebean said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

Because, it doesn't exist? I'm annoyed that rocker powered chairs aren't a thing or ever will be.

well, that does sound awfully frustrating..

#23 Posted by ColonelRunAway (363 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, I generally like watching X-men cartoons, but that doesn't mean that I feel entitled to them.

You don't have to feel entitled to acknowledge when something isn't living up to it's potential. The X-Men are a big brand name, with tons of stories and characters that haven't been explored outside the comics. Marvel is a profit based organization, in a market where games are huge and animation is a useful promotional tool. The pieces exist, the rationale for putting them together exists, but it doesn't seem like anyone's trying. Nothing wrong with getting annoyed at that.

#24 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5003 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler said:

You don't have to feel entitled to acknowledge when something isn't living up to it's potential. The X-Men are a big brand name, with tons of stories and characters that haven't been explored outside the comics. Marvel is a profit based organization, in a market where games are huge and animation is a useful promotional tool. The pieces exist, the rationale for putting them together exists, but it doesn't seem like anyone's trying. Nothing wrong with getting annoyed at that.

I do agree with all of this, but being annoyed that someone isn't out there making something for you just because you want it to exist still sounds like someone feeling entitled to it, to me, and that annoys me.

#25 Posted by papad1992 (6793 posts) - - Show Bio

@bababoom said:

I want a New X-men Legends featuring ONLY the younger X-men/mutants and should have a story line where all of the other X-men are either dead, imprisoned or in hiding. Of course, this should be set in an alternate universe where Hope killed millions of humans and in the beginning of what would be the future where Bishop comes from.

A man can dream...........

I love this idea. The team could be the New X-Men students who rise up and destroy Hope and her battalion.

**But none of the new students... I hate all of those new brats in Wolverine and the X-Men.

#26 Posted by JM3D (24 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a fun, though a bit repetitive, hack n' slash game. Some cool appearances that weren't in the movie, and you can even unlock Wolverine's X-Force suit!

It's a bit older, but X2: Wolverine's Revenge was also pretty decent. Loved the style, and again with the cool non-movie appearances (and yeah, these are both Wolverine-centered only, but he's an X-Man, bub!).

And hey, we've got plenty of X-Men in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and 3. I say that counts a little.

#27 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

We had Deadpool and X-Men Destiny only as X-Men games.

Deadpool was a fun game definitely above average. I know that isn't stellar or ground breaking but it's a 6/10. It was a budget game.

The last decent X-Men game was X-Men legends 2 which was release in 2005.

Wrong, that is the last AWEsome game. They have been making decent games for quite a while. Decent is not AWEsome.

We had Wolveine vs Hulk and Wolverine animated Movie and that's it.

Yeah but Marvel is focusing on Motion Comics for some reason. Plus, we did get Wolverine and the X-Men. I do want another X-Men animated movie.

As a X-Men fan, how do you feel about it.

I feel like, I would definitely enjoy getting more X-Men games, X-Men movies animated or live action, and all that but I'm busy with life so I'm not really tripping about that.

( + )

#28 Posted by poisonfleur (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

This picture makes me cringe.... Because it's so true that marvel has their try-hard panties on to make this picture the truth.... :/
Screw the Avengers.
X-men are THE Best.
Don't even bother trying to tell me otherwise.

#29 Posted by Godric_Talon (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh you have no idea! DC has the "Injustice: Gods among us" video game and it was awesome. Which is a little saddening because I am a huge marvel fan and all the marvel games suck or are too directed to children. We need something with gameplay like Mortal Kombat. As for the animation portion, it has been going slow in terms of production but they have always usually been good.

#30 Edited by flameboy298 (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

There's Marvel Heroes.

It'll eventually have every Marvel character,but it'll be awhile until that happens.It does have a Marvel Ultimate Alliance vibe to it.

#31 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

This poster is a bit true...

#32 Edited by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say "Days of Future Past" is going to refuel The X Men in a major way. Bring them back to the way things were pre-Ratner days. We'll get a new video game just because of the movie for sure. And aren't you forgetting "X Men origins: Wolverine" the game? I mean, that was pretty awesome. I'd say it's better than the new Deadpool game and A LOT better than X Men Destiny.

#33 Posted by HAWK2916 (2080 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not so much into the video games but we need an animated series and animated movies. Similar to how they do Batman and Superman for DC

#34 Edited by DjBest02 (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. There needs to be QUALITY X-Men games. Something in at least the same realm as the quality that Rocksteady put in the Arkham Series. That's how you make a Comic Video game.

And Yes, we do need a new X-Men Animated. Though I would prefer it not be just dumbed down for kids. The DCAU was a quality line and Frankly Marvel needs to compete with that. But this is Disney.....

Sorry, I'm still pissed cause Wolverine and the X-Men was solid and heading to do the AoA which may have given me Nate Grey in Animated form.....but that stopped when Disney bought Marvel....

Everything I was going to say :)

#35 Posted by Ultra_beleco (184 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted animated movies of the X-men

That would de awesome.

#36 Posted by UltimateJonathan (107 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men origins: Wolverine tie-in game was pretty decent and delightfully violent.

#37 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

It annoys me a bit, yes. But what really pisses me off is that Marvel does not invest too much of its efforts for X-Men just because the movie rights is not with them. They go as far as ruining that exact team to promote The Avengers. Yeah that meme pic some posts above is just about right.