Do you think the Schism between X-Men will end?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Do you think that the divide between the X-Men will ever end? I personally would love to see the X-men become a family again, but with the direction that Marvel is handling them, who knows when that would ever happen.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hard to tell.. Marvel really doesn't want the X-Men to live happily again...

I would say maybe Secret Wars, if it will get sorted out...

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I assume that in about 2-3 years, Bendis/Marvel will think it's a good idea to reunite the X-Men

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EC2277

Maybe I'm wrong or rather probably I'm wrong, but I have the impression that it is put into action an out and out process of deconstruction of the Marvel Universe: Cyclops that kill Xavier, Wanda and Peter that aren't longer sons of Magneto, the scisma of X-Men, Iron Man turned into a villain, Sabretooth and Mystique turned into heroes, the Avengers allies with AIM, Black Bolt and T'challa who kill Namor (Avengers 40), Avengers who fight against the Illuminati (New Avengers 28).

The problem is that this kind of process require great writers, because it is really difficult make understand to the readers what the writers do and why. Instead it seems to me that often the writers aren't enough good to do that, with the result that some titles seem pointless (All New X-Men), some stories seem childish (Axis), some developments seem incomprehensible (the broken powers of Scott, Emma and Magneto).

Due to this I think it is impossible predict if the X-Men will return to be a team.

@koays What do you think about that?

@frozenedge: Yes and maybe they will think it is a good idea resurrect Old Jean.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

does anyone want xavier back alive??????? also i miss wolverine.........

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EC2277

@hopesummersforthefuture: I want Xavier back alive, but only if he will play his natural role: that of the Martin Luther King of the mutants. In my opinion he shouldn't be the leader of the X-Men, but their mento and a political activist. In this way he could start an infinity of plots, without overshadow Storm and Cyclops in their role of team leaders; like it happened in the nineties.

Wolverine?

Also, but less because in the past years he was too present. He was present in his own title, in the x-titles, in the Avengers titles… I confess: he is a fascinating character, but I'm a little tired of his presence.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly not any time soon, they can sell more books with the X-men scattered to the winds. What I and my wallet wants is one core X-men book with all the big names which all the other mutant titles i.e. X-factor, X-force etc. orbit around.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly not any time soon, they can sell more books with the X-men scattered to the winds. What I and my wallet wants is one core X-men book with all the big names which all the other mutant titles i.e. X-factor, X-force etc. orbit around.

nicely said

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I hope not. The X-Men have become more than one small team. In some cases it reps Mutants as a whole. I want to see different factions and ideals so there is more conflict.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I want Xavier back alive, but only if he will play his natural role: that of the Martin Luther King of the mutants. In my opinion he shouldn't be the leader of the X-Men, but their mento and a political activist. In this way he could start an infinity of plots, without overshadow Storm and Cyclops in their role of team leaders; like it happened in the nineties.

This and they really need to stop making him look bad. Marvel. He was a good guy and they kept trying to tarnish that buy having him do bad things.

Wolverine?

Also, but less because in the past years he was too present. He was present in his own title, in the x-titles, in the Avengers titles… I confess: he is a fascinating character, but I'm a little tired of his presence.

Also this plus they need to stop making him be everything.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays i know this is old news but what did the PAXutopia mean???? the PAX part......

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@ec2277: I agree with this. I would have been okay with the stories now if they had just developed the situations better and stop trying to shock the readers and actually try to get the readers to really sympathize with the characters' motives.

@dernman: Oh yeah, I like the idea about the X-men being in different groups, but I don't like the fact that they are constantly arguing with each other when there are better solutions in handling the problems out right now.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Not anytime soon I dont think.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Though hopefully it will eventually end.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays i know this is old news but what did the PAXutopia mean???? the PAX part......

PAX is latin for peace. Scott was declaring the new law would be peace under the banner of Utopia.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Koays

@ec2277 said:

Maybe I'm wrong or rather probably I'm wrong, but I have the impression that it is put into action an out and out process of deconstruction of the Marvel Universe: Cyclops that kill Xavier, Wanda and Peter that aren't longer sons of Magneto, the scisma of X-Men, Iron Man turned into a villain, Sabretooth and Mystique turned into heroes, the Avengers allies with AIM, Black Bolt and T'challa who kill Namor (Avengers 40), Avengers who fight against the Illuminati (New Avengers 28).

The problem is that this kind of process require great writers, because it is really difficult make understand to the readers what the writers do and why. Instead it seems to me that often the writers aren't enough good to do that, with the result that some titles seem pointless (All New X-Men), some stories seem childish (Axis), some developments seem incomprehensible (the broken powers of Scott, Emma and Magneto).

Due to this I think it is impossible predict if the X-Men will return to be a team.

@koays What do you think about that?

I think you on to something with the deconstruction thing because that's the current bench mark for what writers should be doing to get praise on their franchise.

I don't think it's neccesarilly on a company level, or even a franchise level though. I think for them to decide that everyone (good writers and bad) are going to deconstruct their characters would imply a level of communication and attention to detail that i don't think the very money and crossover oriented Marvel has time or ability to do at the moment. It seems more like a quirk of writers trying to be edgy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Wolverine is dead so maybe. Of course there was Phoenix Five thing but now they often team up as allies when they want or need it, so maybe.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius : Which makes me wonder if the Phoenix Five thing will ever be discussed in future stories if the X-Men got back together.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@rabbitearsblog:

They Barely talk about this now only if it is about Jean Grey.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EC2277

@koays said:

I think you on to something with the deconstruction thing because that's the current bench mark for what writers should be doing to get praise on their franchise.

I don't think it's neccesarilly on a company level, or even a franchise level though. I think for them to decide that everyone (good writers and bad) are going to deconstruct their characters would imply a level of communication and attention to detail that i don't think the very money and crossover oriented Marvel has time or ability to do at the moment. It seems more like a quirk of writers trying to be edgy.

You are right. I should have written, «I have the impression that it is put into action an out and out upsetting of the Marvel Universe that reminds me the process of deconstruction of a character, which often the writer do to relaunch a title…»

I agree with you, the current plots seem more children of the writers' will to amaze, to surprise the reader with continuous coup de theatre, than the will to write a far-reaching story. In fact various titles seems pointless and I have the impression that the writers try to compensate this lack of goal, doing so we readers can't imagine what can happen.