Did the writers make Iceman too powerful for their own good?

redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redbull

Consider this: If you think about Iceman's power, he's basically a near-unstoppable force who cannot be killed unless by extremely powerful cosmic means. Understanding the nature of his powers and how much potential he still hasn't even tapped into, he's incredibly strong.

But when was the last time you remember him EVER being used properly? He was serving as a silly pilot at one point, shipping X-Men around, instead of singlehandedly destroying enemies himself.

I feel like the writers DESERVINGLY gave Iceman a huge amount of potential, but then completely abandoned his character. It's like they're pretending he doesn't exist -- he's just floating around the background at all times, never really doing anything. Maybe it's because he could easily handle 99% of all situations the X-Men encounter by himself? If so, this is sloppy on the writers part. You cant make a character omega and then just try to "forget" about it - it's doing him such a disservice. 

If anything, why not give Iceman his own plot to go on? Havok got a team and had that huge opera in space against Vulcan -- can't Iceman get into a mix like this? Where he can actually use his power to the level that he deserves?

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RedK

he's my favorite character in the X-men but they should put him on another team where he'll get some more face time and action.
Though Ice is powerful he still has alot of progress to be made so things like going from steam to ice are nothing to him but a simple thought.

Just occured to me Ice can reconstruct himself from surrounding water if parts of him are destroyed and his entire body turns to ice so shouldn't he be capable of living longer then wolverine cause he's replacing his cells with brand new ones while wolverine's age at a much slower rate.

drdanny10293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By drdanny10293

*claps* i know right they practically left him in the cold *no pun intended* but i think bobby just needs a stronger teacher (remember AOA bobby he was WAY more skilled than this bobby)  
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By redbull
@drdanny10293 said:
" *claps* i know right they practically left him in the cold *no pun intended* but i think bobby just needs a stronger teacher (remember AOA bobby he was WAY more skilled than this bobby)   "
Hmm was he more skilled? I definitely think he had more battle-tested wits about him, but I feel like 616 Bobby has more "technical" understanding of his potential, thanks to Emma Frost. Magneto really just pushed Iceman on a physical level, sort of like a coach making an athlete in the best shape of his life -- whereas Emma really explored Iceman's inner potential.

But either way, I'm glad people agree that Iceman is so criminally underused. Writers cop out.
spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By spiderpigbart

If you think about, Bobby could destroy the world in 5 seconds.

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By RedK
@spiderpigbart said:
" If you think about, Bobby could destroy the world in 5 seconds. "
maybe if he was at his full potential but right now I don't think he has the power
spiderpigbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By spiderpigbart
@RedK said:
" @spiderpigbart said:
" If you think about, Bobby could destroy the world in 5 seconds. "
maybe if he was at his full potential but right now I don't think he has the power "
Maybe just people.
CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By CellphoneGirl

How powerful was Emma when she took control of him?...

Niko04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Niko04

i mean there still ways of killing him
Psyker star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Psyker star

i have never seen ice man do any thing like any of the stuff that i have heard he is able to do on this site so i dont think he is that powerful its all just people assuming he can do the stuff

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King Quisling

Iceman deserves his own series! And I don't think he's too powerful for his own good. He just doesn't quite know how to apply himself.

Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pulsar
@redbull said:
" @drdanny10293 said:
" *claps* i know right they practically left him in the cold *no pun intended* but i think bobby just needs a stronger teacher (remember AOA bobby he was WAY more skilled than this bobby)   "
Hmm was he more skilled? I definitely think he had more battle-tested wits about him, but I feel like 616 Bobby has more "technical" understanding of his potential, thanks to Emma Frost. Magneto really just pushed Iceman on a physical level, sort of like a coach making an athlete in the best shape of his life -- whereas Emma really explored Iceman's inner potential.  But either way, I'm glad people agree that Iceman is so criminally underused. Writers cop out. "

Just what did Emma do that gave him this technical understanding of his power? From what I remember she was like : if you want to learn it, do it on your own". That's what I remember of the situation. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Son Of Storm

I can tell you where the writers of Marvel completely said FU%K you Iceman....When they made him the most laughable Omega out there. Out of alllllll his feats none of them have the "omega" level "attitude". I personally think they shouldn't have made him an Omega at all. Not when you have people like Magneto, Professor X, Emma Frost,and Storm running around.......... The one and ONLY things that classifies him as Omega is POTENTIAL... he has the potential to do this and that all good and dany for him. Magneto has the potential to become one with the planet a force of Nature if you will...In an alternate reality and canon we've seen Storm become the weather itself...Iceman doesn't deserve to have the omega level title until he REACHES his Phoenix level potential until then bring him back down to an extremely powerful ALPHA. IF you wanna do the "potential" thing then Storm and Magneto should be OMEGA since both were said to be Potential Omega(Storm) and power to do anything(Magneto)
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now to get back on topic...
Yes they did make him too powerful. If you read the last Uncanny X-men Magneto shows up and looks like there is hell to pay. But should there really be this LONG battle when the GODLY Iceman can just encase him in a giant block of ice while sucking the water out of his body.....Its turning into another Jean/Phoenix thing. No one in the X-men can really Stop him (MAYB Emma but she would have to be protected) If he decided to go rogue or is taking over by something or someone. I dont want him to be killed off be really tone him down some. Its not like 616 will be going anywhere.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Bobby purposely acts under his maximum strength because he is afraid of unleashing his full power like Cyclops. All mutants seem to have mental blocks limiting their powers so they don't overwhelm themselves. The Phoenix eliminated Jean's block and of course Rachel's block. M-Day removed Vulcan's block. Wanda going crazy removed her block. The Cuckoos removed Elixir's block. Franklin Richards hasn't been removed yet. Once Iceman's mental block has been removed, he will be the very embodiment of death. I have always believed that Iceman is an avatar of Order like Phoenix is an avatar of Chaos. Bobby will eventually be the only living being in a universe because his powers allow him to survive the heat death at the end of the universe.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Son Of Storm
@DedmanWalkin said:
 Bobby will eventually be the only living being in a universe because his powers allow him to survive the heat death at the end of the universe. "
Wrong. If there is no universe there is no water vapor therefore he can't "heal" himslef.....
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By John Valentine
@Son Of Storm said:
" @DedmanWalkin said:
 Bobby will eventually be the only living being in a universe because his powers allow him to survive the heat death at the end of the universe. "
Wrong. If there is no universe there is no water vapor therefore he can't "heal" himslef..... "
Assuming that he can't exist as a psionic force or body of energy........ which seems likely given  his power potential progression.
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By John Valentine
@Son Of Storm said:
" I can tell you where the writers of Marvel completely said FU%K you Iceman....When they made him the most laughable Omega out there. Out of alllllll his feats none of them have the "omega" level "attitude". I personally think they shouldn't have made him an Omega at all. Not when you have people like Magneto, Professor X, Emma Frost,and Storm running around.......... The one and ONLY things that classifies him as Omega is POTENTIAL... he has the potential to do this and that all good and dany for him. Magneto has the potential to become one with the planet a force of Nature if you will...In an alternate reality and canon we've seen Storm become the weather itself...Iceman doesn't deserve to have the omega level title until he REACHES his Phoenix level potential until then bring him back down to an extremely powerful ALPHA. IF you wanna do the "potential" thing then Storm and Magneto should be OMEGA since both were said to be Potential Omega(Storm) and power to do anything(Magneto) --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------now to get back on topic... Yes they did make him too powerful. If you read the last Uncanny X-men Magneto shows up and looks like there is hell to pay. But should there really be this LONG battle when the GODLY Iceman can just encase him in a giant block of ice while sucking the water out of his body.....Its turning into another Jean/Phoenix thing. No one in the X-men can really Stop him (MAYB Emma but she would have to be protected) If he decided to go rogue or is taking over by something or someone. I dont want him to be killed off be really tone him down some. Its not like 616 will be going anywhere. "
You can just STFU.  Storm and Magneto aren't comparable to Bobby's potential, end of.  When Storm develops the power/potential to allow herself to effectively stop time, reform herself from scattered water molecules, and control the movement of ALL particles on an atomic level then she will be more powerful than Iceman. We don't know how powerful Magneto, a formerly de-powered mutant who has now been re-powered by the HE, actually is. 
The term Omega is a ridiculously undefined and overused classification - how do you even qualify/quantify that sort of power level? Is it a measure of potential or power? Emma Frost has been classified as an Omega level mutant .... it's truly an irrelevant title. Without a proper criterium to be considered Omega level, the title is irrelevant. 

Back on topic... 
No, his potential is just a logical expansion of his original abilities. The problem lies within the fact that incompetent writers (e.g. Fraction - come on, he needed Psylocke's help to defeat a giant fish when, before MC, he single-handedly took down the Mummandrai thing.... poor writing ), not knowing how to write him, undercut his power level/abilities or lazily use him in the wrong way (ie. being a taxi service during Messiah Complex).The thing about Iceman, and a thing a find to be one of his most interesting ones, is that he's reluctant to meet his full potential - it makes him seem more real. Carey is a writer who has taken this into account and developed Bobby's powers whilst developing him as a character, letting him actually grow into this potential. 
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Son Of Storm
@John Valentine said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" I can tell you where the writers of Marvel completely said FU%K you Iceman....When they made him the most laughable Omega out there. Out of alllllll his feats none of them have the "omega" level "attitude". I personally think they shouldn't have made him an Omega at all. Not when you have people like Magneto, Professor X, Emma Frost,and Storm running around.......... The one and ONLY things that classifies him as Omega is POTENTIAL... he has the potential to do this and that all good and dany for him. Magneto has the potential to become one with the planet a force of Nature if you will...In an alternate reality and canon we've seen Storm become the weather itself...Iceman doesn't deserve to have the omega level title until he REACHES his Phoenix level potential until then bring him back down to an extremely powerful ALPHA. IF you wanna do the "potential" thing then Storm and Magneto should be OMEGA since both were said to be Potential Omega(Storm) and power to do anything(Magneto) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------now to get back on topic... Yes they did make him too powerful. If you read the last Uncanny X-men Magneto shows up and looks like there is hell to pay. But should there really be this LONG battle when the GODLY Iceman can just encase him in a giant block of ice while sucking the water out of his body.....Its turning into another Jean/Phoenix thing. No one in the X-men can really Stop him (MAYB Emma but she would have to be protected) If he decided to go rogue or is taking over by something or someone. I dont want him to be killed off be really tone him down some. Its not like 616 will be going anywhere. "
You can just STFU.  Storm and Magneto aren't comparable to Bobby's potential, end of.  When Storm develops the power/potential to allow herself to effectively stop time, reform herself from scattered water molecules, and control the movement of ALL particles on an atomic level then she will be more powerful than Iceman. We don't know how powerful Magneto, a formerly de-powered mutant who has now been re-powered by the HE, actually is. The term Omega is a ridiculously undefined and overused classification - how do you even qualify/quantify that sort of power level? Is it a measure of potential or power? Emma Frost has been classified as an Omega level mutant .... it's truly an irrelevant title. Without a proper criterium to be considered Omega level, the title is irrelevant. 

Back on topic... No, his potential is just a logical expansion of his original abilities. The problem lies within the fact that incompetent writers (e.g. Fraction - come on, he needed Psylocke's help to defeat a giant fish when, before MC, he single-handedly took down the Mummandrai thing.... poor writing ), not knowing how to write him, undercut his power level/abilities or lazily use him in the wrong way (ie. being a taxi service during Messiah Complex).The thing about Iceman, and a thing a find to be one of his most interesting ones, is that he's reluctant to meet his full potential - it makes him seem more real. Carey is a writer who has taken this into account and developed Bobby's powers whilst developing him as a character, letting him actually grow into this potential.  "
Wow such a logial and resonable start to your statement...
Storm and Bobby are both elements But in the LONG run Storm will be more powerful than bobby he only does moister she does moister and everything else. Since when has Iceman had the ability to stop time? Storm does have control over particles even atomic ones. And yes the term Omega is starting to be used all the time but before you go off on your little crybaby fanboi rant Fraction dint say Omega level Mutant she said OMEGA LEVEL TELEPATH not mutnat. Omega level mutant measn unlimitless potneital..telepath most likely means that they are masters of all things when it comes down to TP. 
I agree they latest issue with psylocke and iceman was verybad writing the man can generate absolute zero in seconds but he needs help to stop an overrated fish? Storm could have fininshed it off. 
You dont think we Storm fans feel the same way as you do(as you stated sooo respectfully) Storm is the only Mutant to control the weather and is the only weather controller in the MU to do some things( Jovian pressure shield, Thousands MPH winds, ect...) and yet she is written as this frail person who's only gonna throw lightning and a little wind...I give you the PERFECT example of bad writing..Black Panther...When Storm saw the jet falling "wait...need time for the winds to gather???) excuse me but you can make entire storms in the blink of an eye....This is what I wanted to scream at her and the writer....Storm and Bobby both have MAJOR POTENTIAL..... 
This is what I'm saying..HE shouldn't have the Omega title until he actually done someting Omega worthy...I can name Alpha mutants who have done more impressive things.@John Valentine said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @DedmanWalkin said:
Wrong. If there is no universe there is no water vapor therefore he can't "heal" himslef..... "
Assuming that he can't exist as a psionic force or body of energy........ which seems likely given  his power potential progression. "
What part of moister control equals beings of psionic force or energy..If any mutants should become that it would be Storm and Magneto. Storm has the "psionic" ability to control the "energy" that controls the weather...Same with Magneto he controls a fundamental force of the universe.
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DedmanWalkin

No, Bobby doesn't just "draw moisture out of the air and freezes it" Bobby robs things of their kinetic energy. He has the potential to freeze time with his powers by robbing everything in a general area of its kinetic energy. It is possible that Bobby could teleport from ice formation to ice formation.

chaos-soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By chaos-soul

he has done that b hasnt he.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By John Valentine
@Son Of Storm 

Fraction stated in an interview that Emma was an Omega level mutant. Storm cannot possibly have the level of particle control that Bobby can have - theoretically, Bobby has the power to alter a particle's motion by redirecting the thermal energy flow to that particle and either reducing or increasing its kinetic energy..... doing this on a large enough scale would pretty stop time. 
Iceman has done stuff to qualify as Omega level. Read something featuring him when he is written correctly. 
It's not just moisture control - it's cryokinesis - he can alter the distribution of thermal energy and subsequently affect pretty much anything. The "energy that controls the weather" is a pretty useless point seeing as every single Earthly weather phenomenon is a consequence of the action of the heat energy emitted by the Sun.  
Iceman can wholly reconstruct himself from water vapor, that counts as him existing as a psionic entity. Magneto in X-Men: The End was a  psionic being, but current Magneto has been de-powered and artificially re-powered with his current abilities being unknown. 
Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kain

Funny thing is that most of the "god like" things Bobby is meant to be capable of have never actually been done by him. Most of the arguments on how powerful he is are all theoretical with absolutely nothing to back them up. Theories is all Iceman fans have to hold onto because of this supposed "potential" you seem to think he has but will never ever live up to it. Know why? Because he just isn't big enough of a character for people to get behind if he were to be made more powerful and thrown into the spot light.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Kain said:
" Funny thing is that most of the "god like" things Bobby is meant to be capable of have never actually been done by him. Most of the arguments on how powerful he is are all theoretical with absolutely nothing to back them up. Theories is all Iceman fans have to hold onto because of this supposed "potential" you seem to think he has but will never ever live up to it. Know why? Because he just isn't big enough of a character for people to get behind if he were to be made more powerful and thrown into the spot light. "
This is 100% absolutely true.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Kain said:
" Funny thing is that most of the "god like" things Bobby is meant to be capable of have never actually been done by him. Most of the arguments on how powerful he is are all theoretical with absolutely nothing to back them up. Theories is all Iceman fans have to hold onto because of this supposed "potential" you seem to think he has but will never ever live up to it. Know why? Because he just isn't big enough of a character for people to get behind if he were to be made more powerful and thrown into the spot light. "
This is 100% absolutely true. "
i dont know i liek bobby if he and elixir got a sort of skills update ratehr than the standare potential stuff i would wana read more about it
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Son Of Storm

@lazystudent said:

" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Kain said:
i dont know i liek bobby if he and elixir got a sort of skills update ratehr than the standare potential stuff i would wana read more about it "

I like Iceman 2 but all his omega-ness comes from one word POTENTIAL...He has the potential to destroy the world in seconds and everything else..Good for him...ALL mutants have the potential do do this and that. Storm has and has been the weather itself. Magneto(as we saw in X-men the end) has the potential to become magnetism/pure energy are they Omega NOPE..
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By John Valentine
@Son Of Storm said:
"  @lazystudent said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Kain said:
i dont know i liek bobby if he and elixir got a sort of skills update ratehr than the standare potential stuff i would wana read more about it "
I like Iceman 2 but all his omega-ness comes from one word POTENTIAL...He has the potential to destroy the world in seconds and everything else..Good for him...ALL mutants have the potential do do this and that. Storm has and has been the weather itself. Magneto(as we saw in X-men the end) has the potential to become magnetism/pure energy are they Omega NOPE.. "
They were alternate reality characters..... 
Avatar image for radicalcannibal
RaDicalCannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RaDicalCannibal
@Son Of Storm said:

" @DedmanWalkin said:

Well apparently only a tiny piece of iceman is needed to create the whole, they say he's a crystal, even if he was thrown in space.......Water in space boils and then it turns to gas, and then ice crystals.........so space probably cant kill him neither, but yea if the universe goes he'd go too, he's not god lol
RaDicalCannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RaDicalCannibal
@redbull said:
   If anything, why not give Iceman his own plot to go on? Havok got a team and had that huge opera in space against Vulcan -- can't Iceman get into a mix like this? Where he can actually use his power to the level that he deserves? "
They should, the writers claim he's as powerful as Jean, time for him to start kicking ass, he's one of the X-men i think can go solo if done right.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By EdwardWindsor

i agree with above^ i would buy an icemna solo if he staretd to exspand his powers etc in it for sure

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Son Of Storm
@John Valentine said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
"  @lazystudent said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Kain said:
I like Iceman 2 but all his omega-ness comes from one word POTENTIAL...He has the potential to destroy the world in seconds and everything else..Good for him...ALL mutants have the potential do do this and that. Storm has and has been the weather itself. Magneto(as we saw in X-men the end) has the potential to become magnetism/pure energy are they Omega NOPE.. "
They were alternate reality characters.....  "
Storm-Yes
Magneto-no.

@RaDicalCannibal said:
" @Son Of Storm said:

" @DedmanWalkin said:

Well apparently only a tiny piece of iceman is needed to create the whole, they say he's a crystal, even if he was thrown in space.......Water in space boils and then it turns to gas, and then ice crystals.........so space probably cant kill him neither, but yea if the universe goes he'd go too, he's not god lol "

This isnt the phoenix. A crystal is small unless Iceman is part computer he wouldn't have enough compression to surieve with just one crystal in the pressures and threats of the end of the universe.

@RaDicalCannibal said:
" @redbull said:
   If anything, why not give Iceman his own plot to go on? Havok got a team and had that huge opera in space against Vulcan -- can't Iceman get into a mix like this? Where he can actually use his power to the level that he deserves? "
They should, the writers claim he's as powerful as Jean, time for him to start kicking ass, he's one of the X-men i think can go solo if done right. "
Iceman as powerful as Jean..Thats will never happen. Jean can end an entire universe with the snap of her hand. Icemans best "potential" feat is the end of the world by ice. 
RaDicalCannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RaDicalCannibal
@Son Of Storm said:

" @John Valentine said:

" @Son Of Storm said:

"   @lazystudent said:

" @Son Of Storm said:

" @Kain said:

Storm-Yes
Magneto-no.

@RaDicalCannibal

said:

" @Son Of Storm said:

" @DedmanWalkin said:

Well apparently only a tiny piece of iceman is needed to create the whole, they say he's a crystal, even if he was thrown in space.......Water in space boils and then it turns to gas, and then ice crystals.........so space probably cant kill him neither, but yea if the universe goes he'd go too, he's not god lol "

This isnt the phoenix. A crystal is small unless Iceman is part computer he wouldn't have enough compression to surieve with just one crystal in the pressures and threats of the end of the universe.

@RaDicalCannibal

said:

" @redbull said:

They should, the writers claim he's as powerful as Jean, time for him to start kicking ass, he's one of the X-men i think can go solo if done right. "
Iceman as powerful as Jean..Thats will never happen. Jean can end an entire universe with the snap of her hand. Icemans best "potential" feat is the end of the world by ice.  "

Tell that too the writers not me, they were the ones that said it, Iceman has shown abilities far more than just his 'Ice' capabilities he's shown that he's evolving, and  thats why he's omega, unlike storm who still has yet to surpass her normal power levels, Iceman could take out Jean, storm on the other hand? cannot, Ive noticed several storm fanboys tend to attack Iceman a lot because they dont like the fact that even he surpasses storms power levels

You seem to have Iceman all wrong, Iceman does not need water vapor to heal.......Iceman heals by himself by converting to ice form

.....show me where it says he needs water vapor to heal? what it DID say was that for Iceman to increase his size aka become a giant ice monster he has to take in surrounding water vapor to do that, Iceman pretty much heals on his own without outside help, before the writers said he was an ice crystal and one piece of him was all that was needed for him to reform his entire self, and then he evolved again by being completely destroyed & leaving no ice crystals and still reforming himself.

Technicaly Icemans powers were NEVER ice in the first place, what his ability DID do was discrease thermal energy to create ice, showing that he has some serious Psionic abilities on some level.

If Iceman's powers were fully realized, he could achieve 'Absolute Zero' temperature.  he could literally stop all molecular motion. Even in atoms. He could freeze and stop the flow of all energy, course this is all speculation, who knows how far they'll go with him and the psionic abilities, nobody knows how they're going to evolve Iceman in the future so its not for any of us to claim we know........
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By John Valentine
@Son Of Storm said:
" @John Valentine said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
"  @lazystudent said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Kain said:
Storm-Yes
Magneto-no.

No. X-Men: The End was set in alternate future reality. One where M-Day didn't happen and Magneto did not loose his powers. 
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By redbull

Yep. Iceman really needs his own solo series.

We've been dealing with the same old boring ass soloists like Hulk and Ironman for years. I mean seriously, Iceman would end Ironmans' existence in the blink of an eye. It would be like a sick joke against Ironman.  

Marvel: Hire a talented writer and give Iceman the respect he deserves. Pit him against overwhelming odds, and make the story about him really coming into his own and reaching his potential.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By John Valentine
@redbull said:
" Yep. Iceman really needs his own solo series.  We've been dealing with the same old boring ass soloists like Hulk and Ironman for years. I mean seriously, Iceman would end Ironmans' existence in the blink of an eye. It would be like a sick joke against Ironman.    Marvel: Hire a talented writer and give Iceman the respect he deserves. Pit him against overwhelming odds, and make the story about him really coming into his own and reaching his potential. "
Carey could totally do it. I suggest a Carey-written mini :). If Pixie's getting a mini-series.... Iceman should have another one...
Avatar image for proteusaskanison
proteusaskanison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By proteusaskanison

I actually think hes portrayed as too weak...

control over molecular vibration has alot of potential

Niko04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Niko04

Actually Iceman Still has alot of weaknesses
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DEGRAAF

he has always and will always be my favorite x-man and it has bothered me ever since i learned about the x-men that he isnt used mmore and doesnt get more pronounced roles. I would pick it up in a heart beat if they had one.
ubungqingili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no they did not especially when characters like sentry and hope summers scarlet witch and last but certainly not least storm and jean grey he should get more powerful.

ubungqingili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think hes portrayed as too weak...

control over molecular vibration has alot of potential

huh what vibration.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omega level mutant .... it's truly an irrelevant title. Without a proper criterium to be considered Omega level, the title is irrelevant.

Yes. I don't even necessarily have the same issues with the term as some other readers have, and even I think it's largely useless. At this point, writers just throw the term out there to make a character seem very powerful without any other qualifications.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#41  Edited By lorex

The writers have not made Icemen too powerful. Iceman has suffered from chronically inconsistent writing over the years. Yes he potentially is amone the most powerful beings on Earth but that power is almost never portrayed evenly. For a great example of just how powerful he can be check out issuws 62-65 of Astonishing X-Men. Bobby was poessed by some dark force and nearly sent the world into a new ice age.

Another problem I have noticed and this is more of a Marvel issue. Many of the X-Men can't seem to get the maximum out of their powers while other super powered beings like the Avengers, Fantastic Four and others seem to be able to use their powers to their maximum potential without any artifical handicaps. I know from the way the Marvel Universe is set up is that mutant powers by their very nature are unstable and can be inconsistent. This does seem to have become much more pronounced in recient years. Personally I think Marvel is playing up the Avengers as 'Earthgs Mightest Heroes' a bit too much. I don't expect this to change as long a Marvel Comics biggest source of revenue is movies and they do not have the rights to the X-Men, the Avengers will continue to get the edge for fear of upsetting the Avengers box office gravy train.