Did I miss something (Rogue/Inhumans/T-mist)

xenatorres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

THIS POST MAKES MENTION OF STUFF IN AVENGERS #0 AND UNCANNY AVENGERS #1:

I just read these issues, and I have CLEARLY missed something in terms of Rogue's story arc.

NOTE: I have NOT read ANY Secret Wars issues - I really had zero interest in this. (and I just assumed that's why so many dead characters are suddenly running around and why some other characters are noted as now being dead).

I'd like to know, however, if there's any issues I should pick up as I was left going WTF on the following after reading these issues:

1) Rogue is in a coma in Avengers 0. She apparently flew into a T-mist cloud to save mutants. Do we actually see this event?

2) What in the heck is the entire story line with the Inhumans, t-mist, and mutants leaving the planet? Um....what?

3) How did Rogue get out of the coma? I am guessing flying into the t-mist is why she's sick in Avengers 1, yes? Was there anything that actually showed her recovery? At this point I am feeling this is going to be some flashback we get later, but just checking.

4) What the heck is the issue between Rogue and the Human Torch and Medusa? I so clearly missed something.

Please let me know if there's any issues I should be picking up that have Rogue that explain any of this. I THINK the Rogue/Medusa thing was in Axis if I recall (I just need to read that), but I am missing the connection with HT.

Thank you.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Well:

1) That event is never actually shown. We only see Steven Rogers telling us this after showing a comatose Rogue.

2) After the Terrigen Mists were released in the world during the Infinity event and many new Inhumans were created as a result of that, it was also revealed that the T-Mists are poisonous to mutants, making them sick (as shown with Rogue) and infects them with a disease called M-Pox. It also has the added effect of no new mutants manifesting apparently. The X-Men are gathering whatever mutants they can find and take them to a place called X-Haven, which is not a planet as it was previously rumoured but rather a piece of Limbo transformed by Magik into a habitable place for them.

3) Steven Rogers had Deadpool steal a sample of pure Terrigen Mists or something, which he uses to create a serum to fight off the effects of the Mists. That was shown in one of the All-New All-Different point one issues or something, showcasing all the new Avengers books.

4) That I admit, I have no idea. The way she teased him about it in issue 1 was rather weird and it did seem to imply that something is going on between them but it could just be Rogue's resentment towards Johnny dating an Inhuman.

Hope that helps.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I think most of it is yet to be revealed, the whole 8 month jump thing marvel is doing after secret wars. We pretty much are just expected to stand back and wait for the answers I THINK (i could of missed something too i tend to avoid avengers books lol)

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Oh my God. It's gotten even worse. My poor Rogue.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Amazing. All 4 of those developments which are not explained actually sound awful and I'd rather have them not explained.

I can't believe that after coming back on board properly after all these years of being away from the X-men, and loving everything that has happened in the last 3 years or so greatly, that I have to leave again.