Could The X-men Be Villains? Read OP

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

with the rumoured reboot of marvel comics in 2015 and marvel getting rid of fantastic four it got me thinking. If a reboot occurs, could marvel make the x-men a super villain team. As Marvel has a bad relationship with Fox, Marvel is trying to get back their rights so maybe they will try to ruin the x-men name and cause them to be villains and maybe even a super villain team against the avengers.

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what do you guys think?

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell to the no.

Beata

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the would completely alienate a LARGE amount of their readers.

highly highly doubt it

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spidey_jackson@lordmordor aren't they already doing it, scott and his team are seen as villains already, maybe marvel is gearing us up for them to be major villains

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spidey_Jackson
HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nah. They will just continue to mistreat and sabotage everything Xmen while boosting up the Avengers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cattlebattle

X-Men have always been kind of "grey area". Not really prototypical super heroes, but not quite super villains either, they have clashed with Avengers on multiple occasions, defended a mass murderer on more than one occasion, broke into government secured buildings multiple times, harbored wanted super villains, straight up fought against several government programs, broken international laws,....the list goes on. The X-Men have never really been "super heroes". That was actually a driving point behind Joss Whedons "Astonishing X-Men" run.

Also,why would you think Marvel has a bad relationship with Fox?? Because fans cry about the rights?? There is nothing to indicate that they have a bad relationship. Do you know what production company gave all their cartoons and movies money for production and airtime in the 90s?? It was Fox. If anything, they probably have a good relationship with them

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another thread if the x men are villains?

I don't think x men are villains. Why people think that? It's true that Cyclop went nuts, but that doesn't make them villains. I can assure you that everything change once Xavier died. Xavier was the only one who was making them do the right thing. Protecting the human and saving the world do not make them villains and Avengers are not angels neither perfects. They had their imperfection as well. X men are heroes and nothing more. I hate Fox.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Well I think the X-Men prove that the Marvel Universe isn't as black and white as just 'heroes' and 'villains'. Honestly I've always thought Magneto was more of anti-hero than an actual villain.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is it so easy for people to believe that marvel is willing to throw money away just to spite Fox? Do you know how much money Marvel gets from X-men comics? Or even from the movies or the merchandise that they dont have rights to? The answer is alot. So why throw away cash ruining a franchise just so someone will sell it back to you...which will cost you more money? And then you have to spend money to make it viable enough to make a profit after the damage you did sabotaging it....

Thats not how business works

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops is a hero, the Avengers were the villains...they stopped a guy making the world into a utopia, you don't get more villainous that that. Cylclops was right, thats not a debate, not a talking point, thats a fact.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@killraven4334: I always prefer Justice League in comics nowadays compare to Avengers. I think JL act like heroes nowadays compare to Avengers

As for X-men. I love them. I will always love them. Among my fav franchise in Marvel Universe

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killraven4334: I always prefer Justice League in comics nowadays compare to Avengers. I think JL act like heroes nowadays compare to Avengers

As for X-men. I love them. I will always love them. Among my fav franchise in Marvel Universe

there not villains their revolutionaries

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#15 god_spawn  Moderator

Why do so many people buy into this crap?

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@hopesummersforthefuture: I always prefer Marvel Cinematic Universe Avengers. The movie is better potrayal of Avengers compare to Hickman Avengers run

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#17  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

That's stupid.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm ok with it as long they can keep kicking avengers' asses

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LordMordor

Scotts group is likely considered villainous by the government, SHIELD, and a few hero's who have personal beef with Scott....most other "heroes" at most disagree heavily with his stance, but don't see him as a villain and are still willing to work with him, albeit grudgingly. A sizable portion of the general populace is coming out in public support of him and his position.

That's just his group though, while the X-men still aren't the favorite group of SHIELD and the Government, the JGS-crew is still considered heroes by the rest of the superhero community.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe.

Gazerbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If XM looks villains no thanks to Cyclops, absolutely.

Nostradamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This came to my mind after reading the AvX. To me they're hero, but is like Magneto, doing things in the wrongful way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Ha ha, no. The idea itself is laughable.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they're like Magneto. Anti-heroes, but is ok, because they're still fabulous.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1) LOL NO

2) There is no reboot rumor, those are suspicions dumb fans are making.

StarWatcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I don't think they'd be supervillains, they are starting to look more and more like antiheroes though, especially Cyclops & co. I don't know how the potential reboot would affect this, I personally quite like them now.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EC2277

Obviously the X-Men can become an evil team, if they are subject to the right influences. But not all the X-Men, only a group of X-Men. For example, do you remember when Magneto was the headmaster of the Xavier Institute?

In that situation Magneto could have been built a squad of "Renegade X-Man" in the bosom of New Mutants.

Similarly if the X-Men were put in a very maddening situation for a sufficiently long time , they could begin to act in an evil way and become evil in the end. But it is impossible they can reborn like an evil team after a reboot.

It is necessary an evolution of the character and the team to make evil the X-Men.

Maybe it better to use the adjective wicked instead of the adjective evil: it makes a better idea of what I wanted mean.

Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes